- 10,035 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2247
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I have no time for anything today, huge schedule. Im leaving for classes in an hour. Bye guys, see you in 4 hours.
Yeah, its a very high end graphing consumer calculator. The TI nSpire. but then again, "high end" for calculators is like $150 and below so its nothing.
If you're getting anything better than a TI-84, you're wasting your money since a computer can replace it completely in cases where you need the extra functions. For very basic number crunching, statistical functions and finding roots of polynomials (and other functions) a TI-84 will more than suffice. But that and more can easily be done by even the weakest of the weakest laptops.
Graphical calculators suck, and you only use them in high school for the simple reason that using computers during exams would be impractical.
Seriously why use something with a small screen and a couple MHz processor, when there is stuff with multiple GHz and 100x the resolution available?
They're banned here too. But that's not really a problem, since they test your IT skills with assignments, and on the exams they only ask problems for which you don't need a calculator.
Ask Quebec's educational system.
Too easy to cheat on graphical calculators, that's why.
In order to prevent students from loading programs that will solve everything, make everyone use scientific calculators with minimum functions. Hence at my university, if I don't get a calculator that is approved by the department, get their sticker seal of approval on it, then I'm not allowed any calculator for my exams. YES, even if it's a open book exam.
Meanwhile in high school they want us to get graphical calculators so we can learn how graphs look like.
Which basically lasts 3 years before they have to be stored away forevermore.
Nah, cheating is not really the problem. It would mean teaching your students to use a very primitive tool compared to software like Mathematica or Maple. Just doesn't make much sense.
It's almost like you're selectively watching all the anime I chose not to watch.
Completely ignoring the fact that it's confusing was the solution for me.
I also think that the fact that it's incredibly confusing, but still possible to follow, is making it such a masterpiece.
I have to agree. If I were to take it only by the 'arcs' then it's perfectly possible to follow, and yet it still has an overarching story that needs some time to be processed by the watchers. Truly a great series so far. But my brain still hurts.
Lol, sounds interesting, I'll watch it. Has it finished airing yet?
It played last season, and it ended (I think) two weeks ago.
I have no idea how to use a graphical calculator, reason being that I've only ever used a scientific calculator with little functions.
The new chapters of karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru are freaking hilarious.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The captain accidentally applies for a job at a porn studio and meets a girl from the naginata club during his interview lol.
Hey, it's possible.
I don't really like using them because the layout of one is basically specific to that one and once you move onto another one, you have to start all over again. IT SUCKS.
LOL. I read the spoiler because I'm not watching it.
LOL. THAT WOULD BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM. DURR.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Photo 1: Haha!
Photo 2: Meh, not that funny.
LOTS OF PHOTOS (Click to show)
Damn, I need to stop browsing Soup. ;_; Came from my uni year's forum 2 hours ago... and I actually didn't even menage to read anything on it... -_-
Picture 1: That is an awesome coin. lol
Picture 2: Haha. Never say no to panda.
Picture 3: Haha, though I feel somewhat bad for his friend who tried so hard.
The screen of a phone is almost always small for almost everything, even considering that you use the Galaxy Note. I did some quick size mockup of the Nexus 7 using an A4 paper (and guessing the screen size) and I find that its screen is just a little bit smaller than my SZS tankoubon. Which is sweet.... right up until the fact that the Nexus 7 isn't memory-expandable. Which is not sweet when you're planning to put anime and manga in there.
Apart from screen size, resolution is also important.
For example, I once tried to read manga on my laptop. Did not work, at all. It has the same resolution as my Note, but on the Note I can read in portrait mode instead of landscape.
The resolution was simply too low to properly read the fonts.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 3 pairs of Comply T-200 foam tips 5 seconds ago
- › The all new Continental Dual Mono 34 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 35 seconds ago
- › Grado e Series 47 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (2/17/2015) 49 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2