- 8,655 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: FREEDOM!!!
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: Today
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2247post #33691 of 9735410/5/12 at 11:40amWoah, my brain physically hurts thinking about the weird chronological order of Jinrui. I need to rest for a bit before I continue with it.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #33692 of 9735410/5/12 at 12:33pmpost #33693 of 9735410/5/12 at 12:45pmpost #33694 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by bowei006
I have no time for anything today, huge schedule. Im leaving for classes in an hour. Bye guys, see you in 4 hours.
Yeah, its a very high end graphing consumer calculator. The TI nSpire. but then again, "high end" for calculators is like $150 and below so its nothing.
If you're getting anything better than a TI-84, you're wasting your money since a computer can replace it completely in cases where you need the extra functions. For very basic number crunching, statistical functions and finding roots of polynomials (and other functions) a TI-84 will more than suffice. But that and more can easily be done by even the weakest of the weakest laptops.
Graphical calculators suck, and you only use them in high school for the simple reason that using computers during exams would be impractical.
Seriously why use something with a small screen and a couple MHz processor, when there is stuff with multiple GHz and 100x the resolution available?Quote:
They're banned here too. But that's not really a problem, since they test your IT skills with assignments, and on the exams they only ask problems for which you don't need a calculator.Quote:Originally Posted by kalbee
Ask Quebec's educational system.
Too easy to cheat on graphical calculators, that's why.
In order to prevent students from loading programs that will solve everything, make everyone use scientific calculators with minimum functions. Hence at my university, if I don't get a calculator that is approved by the department, get their sticker seal of approval on it, then I'm not allowed any calculator for my exams. YES, even if it's a open book exam.
Meanwhile in high school they want us to get graphical calculators so we can learn how graphs look like.
Which basically lasts 3 years before they have to be stored away forevermore.
Nah, cheating is not really the problem. It would mean teaching your students to use a very primitive tool compared to software like Mathematica or Maple. Just doesn't make much sense.Quote:
It's almost like you're selectively watching all the anime I chose not to watch.post #33695 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:35pmpost #33696 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:38pmQuote:
Completely ignoring the fact that it's confusing was the solution for me.
I also think that the fact that it's incredibly confusing, but still possible to follow, is making it such a masterpiece.post #33697 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:40pmpost #33698 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:47pmQuote:
I have to agree. If I were to take it only by the 'arcs' then it's perfectly possible to follow, and yet it still has an overarching story that needs some time to be processed by the watchers. Truly a great series so far. But my brain still hurts.post #33699 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:54pmQuote:
Lol, sounds interesting, I'll watch it. Has it finished airing yet?post #33700 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:55pmpost #33701 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:58pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by 00MusicLover00
I have no idea how to use a graphical calculator, reason being that I've only ever used a scientific calculator with little functions.
The new chapters of karate shoukoushi kohinata minoru are freaking hilarious.
The captain accidentally applies for a job at a porn studio and meets a girl from the naginata club during his interview lol.
Hey, it's possible.
I don't really like using them because the layout of one is basically specific to that one and once you move onto another one, you have to start all over again. IT SUCKS.
LOL. I read the spoiler because I'm not watching it.Quote:
LOL. THAT WOULD BE A HARDWARE PROBLEM. DURR.Quote:
LOL.Quote:Originally Posted by Accoun
Photo 1: Haha!
Photo 2: Meh, not that funny.
Damn, I need to stop browsing Soup. ;_; Came from my uni year's forum 2 hours ago... and I actually didn't even menage to read anything on it... -_-
Picture 1: That is an awesome coin. lol
Picture 2: Haha. Never say no to panda.
Picture 3: Haha, though I feel somewhat bad for his friend who tried so hard.post #33702 of 9735410/5/12 at 1:58pmpost #33703 of 9735410/5/12 at 2:08pmThe screen of a phone is almost always small for almost everything, even considering that you use the Galaxy Note. I did some quick size mockup of the Nexus 7 using an A4 paper (and guessing the screen size) and I find that its screen is just a little bit smaller than my SZS tankoubon. Which is sweet.... right up until the fact that the Nexus 7 isn't memory-expandable. Which is not sweet when you're planning to put anime and manga in there.post #33704 of 9735410/5/12 at 2:10pmpost #33705 of 9735410/5/12 at 2:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by jgray91
The screen of a phone is almost always small for almost everything, even considering that you use the Galaxy Note. I did some quick size mockup of the Nexus 7 using an A4 paper (and guessing the screen size) and I find that its screen is just a little bit smaller than my SZS tankoubon. Which is sweet.... right up until the fact that the Nexus 7 isn't memory-expandable. Which is not sweet when you're planning to put anime and manga in there.
Apart from screen size, resolution is also important.
For example, I once tried to read manga on my laptop. Did not work, at all. It has the same resolution as my Note, but on the Note I can read in portrait mode instead of landscape.
The resolution was simply too low to properly read the fonts.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Which new Headphones? 11 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 51 seconds ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 2 minutes ago
- › Songs that make your headphone WOOOOOW!!! 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S Reviews/Impression Thread 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K520 by Veggietech
- › AudioFly AF78 by shigzeo
- › Brainwavz Delta by IEMagnet01
- › NAD Electronics VISO HP50 Noise-Isolating Over-Ear Headphones by 24Bit
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by 24Bit
- › Effect Audio Thor cable by average_joe
- › Heir Audio Tzar 350 by alpha421
- › Panasonic RP-HC720-K Over Ear Headphones Noise Canceling 95% by oostrov
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by tdockweiler
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by lexangl
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe