Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 2048

post #30706 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@HAiburi

 

 

 

 

 

International Samsung has been pretty good sport about what has happened. Samsung Mobile USA however seems pretty American. They include all the little software based features and add ons but seems to have forgot the others of Apple's. I hope you can agree with me after reading down the list of Samsung's "list" that they are playing ...prety sucky

 

Never used an idevice. So what is missing? Plus, I think what Samsung lists for it's  apps are bloatwares. WHo needs S voice when JB has Google Now for example

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

AO sucked mad hard

 

 

Yep :)

 

 

SOO PRETTY : (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 


 

 

 


 

 

 


 

 

 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 


 



 


 


 


 



 


 


 


 

 

 

 

Wish I could be as creative as the guys who made them

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

*you're

 

How could you be a sucker if you are buying an Apple Computer? They are efficent and reliable. The total thing in the end is if you need it. Clearly you are not one that does and have not met many that do but after meeting many people. They are popular for a reason.

 

Think about it this way....that computer, is going to be YOUR LIFE. You need it to work well, be reliable and be intergrated and also look nice and feel nice, luxurious.

 

*facepalm

 

The Mac Pro's are being a bit phased out with less attention on but in the end they offer reliability and light customization in a ultra minimalistic case. It is a luxury that many industry workers also use.

 

Not everything is based off specs. A computer is not all about specs, you can buy a car, one that is the generic new Chinese brand and you can buy a new Toyota. The Chinese brand one boasts many things and has more horsepower and all these nice numbers. What would you get? That's the thing right here.

 

Computers all used to be that Toyota or no, a porche back then, they were reliable, they used the most expensive parts for utmost reliability and usage. All of that has been changed with the PC invention. Personal Computer were made to be cheap and for "home"use. This lead to an influx of cheap computers that were much cheaper, slower and less reliable than the industry ones. Take this to be the Chinese brand ones. Over decades of time, the two classes blended and in the end left the connotation or thought that it SHOULD be this way. However it doesn't have to be. Apple is a luxury brand at times but is also a useable workable brand. IT is made for consumers with money, consumers that realize that a computer is their life and thus as they are not tech savy consumers should use the computer best suited for their uses. Intergration, reliability, and ease of use and compatability. A consumer does not need much after that.

 

No, they are efficient and reliable because of iOS. Try comparing the 2 computers with the same setup running iOS and Windows each. I'll bet you that Apple wins hands down. Why? Because of iOS, not the hardware used

 

Sure, if you insist they do tweak some things to improve performance, then an extra charge is acceptable. BUT I'm sure it won't cost THAT much for such minimal increase in performance

 

I'm thinking you do know that Apple overcharge for their computers, but you insist that that justifies it. Just my 2cents

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Just read through some of the posts I skipped this morning...

 

So... you bought a NAS? 

Which one? 

Mind telling me the whole story?

 

I wonder after all this posts you can find this one LOL

 

Well, bought a GoFlex Home 2TB. There was also the normal expansion 3TB for about the same price. But after debating myself, I bought an NAS instead. I though I could stream my MKV files to my PS3, but after buying it, THEN I realised that PS3 isn't able to play MKV natively *facepalm*

 

And the second problem was it spoilt my Japanese locale, but that was easily solved by restarting WIndows

 

The last problem is transferring speed is only 5MB/s. That's like...FOREVER. One way to solve this was by plugging in the external HDD to the dock of GoFlex Home (it has an extra usb port in case you want to share another HDD) and using the web interface to copy files. It isn't much, but more manageable at about 18MB/s (transferred about 97GB of anime for about 1.5hrs)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

Didn't watch a complete series when I was a teen but I really liked Sailor Moon S. Its ED "Tuxedo Mirage" may still be my all-time favourite song. The lead singer's voice was so cute, "kawaii" (I didn't even know the word at the time) and yet so... poignant. I hold this song responsible for my eventual preference for a vocal-centred sound signature and the show itself for my eventual liking of lolis and yuri... and for messing up my mind in general (I was like 'wtf am I doing watching a little girls' show about girls being all girly' and 'squee' and 'wtf'd at myself harder when chibi moon and usagi ran out of the bathroom naked...

 

LOL!!! I watched it a bit when I was small, when I didn't know WTF and I'm watching and I didn't know that they dubbed this in Malay language

 

Thinking about it, I'm ashamed of myself...

post #30707 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by crzycuyler View Post

Hypothetically, are they good headphones at $250? lol

and how do they compare to the Q701?

Q701 is good. The HD558 and 598 are good. The HD600 and HD650 are even better. You can buy them used for a little bit more than $250.

IMO, the HD700 does some great things, but it also does some really bad things.The HD650 and HD600 are like fairly good looking cute girls. There's absolutely nothing wrong with them and one can be extremely content and very happy. The HD700 is kind of like a really hot chick, but with a penis.

I found this utterly funny, and a dreadful thought crossed my mind:

"Depends on the media, it could be a turn off or a turn on... Senn is making a futaphone."

Now I'm both laughing and scared at myself.

O GOD!!

LMAO at the last line.

 

But I'll have to disagree because of HD600 and 650's bass roll-off at 80~100Hz and slightly harsh trebles. 

(I have the HD600 and FR graphs confirms it.)

post #30708 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I found this utterly funny, and a dreadful thought crossed my mind:
"Depends on the media, it could be a turn off or a turn on... Senn is making a futaphone."
Now I'm both laughing and scared at myself.

 

LOL at the HD700 analogy!

post #30709 of 110986

OH YEAH! Gonna sell off my Resistance 3 Doomsday Bundle to a guy for about $90. I'm losing a lot here, about $70 from the original price. But who cares, now I can buy those JRPGs that I wanted!

post #30710 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Just read through some of the posts I skipped this morning...

 

So... you bought a NAS? 

Which one? 

Mind telling me the whole story?

 

I wonder after all this posts you can find this one LOL

 

Well, bought a GoFlex Home 2TB. There was also the normal expansion 3TB for about the same price. But after debating myself, I bought an NAS instead. I though I could stream my MKV files to my PS3, but after buying it, THEN I realised that PS3 isn't able to play MKV natively *facepalm*

 

And the second problem was it spoilt my Japanese locale, but that was easily solved by restarting WIndows

 

The last problem is transferring speed is only 5MB/s. That's like...FOREVER. One way to solve this was by plugging in the external HDD to the dock of GoFlex Home (it has an extra usb port in case you want to share another HDD) and using the web interface to copy files. It isn't much, but more manageable at about 18MB/s (transferred about 97GB of anime for about 1.5hrs)

I actually have a Buffalo 2TB LinkStation NAS.

 

What does PS3 play? (video format, don't answer "game" biggrin.gif)

 

How does a NAS mess up your PC's local??? you connect to it like a server!

 

How are you connecting to your NAS? (LAN Setup)

the last time I transferred files to my NAS through a router (Rated 200MB/s) I got a solid speed of around 30MB/s.

post #30711 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I found this utterly funny, and a dreadful thought crossed my mind:
"Depends on the media, it could be a turn off or a turn on... Senn is making a futaphone."
Now I'm both laughing and scared at myself.

 

LOL at the HD700 analogy!

yes lol.

 

BUT HOW DARE HE/SHE SAY THAT ABOUT THE HD700!!!

I LOVED IT!!! MORE THAN THE HD800!!!!!

post #30712 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

I actually have a Buffalo 2TB LinkStation NAS.

 

What does PS3 play? (video format, don't answer "game" biggrin.gif)

 

How does a NAS mess up your PC's local??? you connect to it like a server!

 

How are you connecting to your NAS? (LAN Setup)

the last time I transferred files to my NAS through a router (Rated 200MB/s) I got a solid speed of around 30MB/s.

 

I don't think I'll ever buy a Buffulo HDD because had a bad experience with it. Eventhough the problem exists in all HDD

 

Copied from Playstation 3's manual :

 

  • Memory Stick Video Format
  • - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
  • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
  • - MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
  • MP4 file format
  • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
  • MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
  • MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
  • MPEG-2 TS(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3(Dolby Digital), AAC LC)
  • MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
  • AVI
  • - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
  • - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
  • AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)
  • DivX
  • WMV
  • - VC-1(WMA Standard V2)

 

 

The problem was the bundled software. Dunno how it was able to mess it up, but I'm glad that problem is solved.

 

Never trust what they say and only believe real world results. I'm not sure, maybe it's slow because I'm using the router that my ISP supplied, maybe that has something to do with it

But I'm reading a lot similar problem, but their speed is like 11MB/s which is manageable

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

yes lol.

 

BUT HOW DARE HE/SHE SAY THAT ABOUT THE HD700!!!

I LOVED IT!!! MORE THAN THE HD800!!!!!

 

You have the HD700?

post #30713 of 110986
@apple debate
In the Netherlands Android has a considerably larger market share than Apple in the recent years. Dunno about the US, but here the iPhone is definitely not seen as an elite product. It's just seen as one of the high end phones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

@HAiburi Image (Click to show)

International Samsung has been pretty good sport about what has happened. Samsung Mobile USA however seems pretty American. They include all the little software based features and add ons but seems to have forgot the others of Apple's. I hope you can agree with me after reading down the list of Samsung's "list" that they are playing ...prety sucky

You can say what you want, but that last item in the list beats everything that Apple stands for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Just saw last weeks Kokoro Connect 10

They did a good 8/10 job at revitalizing the series, pretty good uplifting episode and what not smily_headphones1.gif

I disagree, after ep 10 I decided to lower my score of that show from an 7/10 to a 6/10.
Gonna watch ep 11 today, and it better be good or I might just drop this show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mshenay View Post

If your buying an Apple Computer than u are a sucker, if your buying there POrtable devices you are NOT a sucker biggrin.gif, I can't hate on them for putting out a good product at a good price [the Tablets, DAP and Celluar Phones] I can how ever hate on them for charging $2500 for this http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MD770LL/A?- that is ROBBERY and we all know it 

Here'a nother example, this is priced at the Price I paid for my rig http://store.apple.com/us/configure/MC812LL/A? and its FAR BELOW my specs... 

so Apple Computer owners r suckers <3, sadly every one with a iPod, iPhone or iTablet is not a sucker...

anyways I'm tired GOOD night and good day! 

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

*you're

How could you be a sucker if you are buying an Apple Computer? They are efficent and reliable. The total thing in the end is if you need it. Clearly you are not one that does and have not met many that do but after meeting many people. They are popular for a reason.

Think about it this way....that computer, is going to be YOUR LIFE. You need it to work well, be reliable and be intergrated and also look nice and feel nice, luxurious.

I don't see how a Mac is more reliable than any other computer. Please support this argument better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I'll guess Rikkun was off listening to the new Tokyo Jihen album ALL DAY. haha.

I wish.
It was my aniki's birthday yesterday, and people came over. Among those people is the boyfriend of my aunt. I'm happy she got one, but I kinda dislike that guy. Why? Because he's pretty darn dumb. He's kind, but I simply feel like it's impossible to have a proper conversation with him. :/
Before those people came over I was cleaning my room and doing a math assignment. So I was pretty much busy all day.
post #30714 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post

I don't think I'll ever buy a Buffulo HDD because had a bad experience with it. Eventhough the problem exists in all HDD

 

Copied from Playstation 3's manual :

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 
  • Memory Stick Video Format
  • - MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
  • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
  • - MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
  • MP4 file format
  • - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile (AAC LC)
  • MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
  • MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
  • MPEG-2 TS(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AC3(Dolby Digital), AAC LC)
  • MPEG-2 TS(H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, AAC LC)
  • AVI
  • - Motion JPEG (Linear PCM)
  • - Motion JPEG (μ-Law)
  • AVCHD (.m2ts / .mts)
  • DivX
  • WMV
  • - VC-1(WMA Standard V2)

 

 

 

The problem was the bundled software. Dunno how it was able to mess it up, but I'm glad that problem is solved.

 

Never trust what they say and only believe real world results. I'm not sure, maybe it's slow because I'm using the router that my ISP supplied, maybe that has something to do with it

But I'm reading a lot similar problem, but their speed is like 11MB/s which is manageable

 

 

 

You have the HD700?

Wow, aint that a b****

 

Have you tried connecting directly to the NAS?

 

No, but I have experience with both the HD700 and 800.

post #30715 of 110986
Quote:
I don't see how a Mac is more reliable than any other computer. Please support this argument better.

Well they have both the hardware and software so... compatibility? (maybe.)

 

The only thing I like about macs is the user friendly-ness.

you know, the spaces, expose, gestures etc.

post #30716 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Well they have both the hardware and software so... compatibility? (maybe.)

The only thing I like about macs is the user friendly-ness.
you know, the spaces, expose, gestures etc.

In my experience with OSX I found it less user friendly than Windows.
Simply because a lot of times I have no idea where certain stuff is because of their crooked sense of logic. With Windows/Linux everything is where I* expect it to be.

*of course realizing that I may not be the average computer user, but I'm still representative of a fairly large group.
post #30717 of 110986
If anything, that analogy makes me want to hunt down the HD700 and try it. And if I like it, possibly abuse it.
post #30718 of 110986
And if somehow I ended up liking it, maybe calling it "Bosshi". (I'm going to regret writing this, am I?)
post #30719 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

And if somehow I ended up liking it, maybe calling it "Bosshi". (I'm going to regret writing this, am I?)

I don't get it...?

post #30720 of 110986
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

In my experience with OSX I found it less user friendly than Windows.
Simply because a lot of times I have no idea where certain stuff is because of their crooked sense of logic. With Windows/Linux everything is where I* expect it to be.

*of course realizing that I may not be the average computer user, but I'm still representative of a fairly large group.

Maybe it's because you're used to windows?

Where as I started with a mac.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge