- 10,152 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
Photo courtesy of Cozoy INTRODUCTION I recently tested out a couple battery-powered DAC/Amp (Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3) solutions and the battery-free Calyx PaT DAC/Amp with the goal of...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus Review Hello, my name is Oscar and this is my review of the Creative Aurvana In-Ear 3 Plus. Creative sent these to me as part of a tour and I did not pay for...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The final episode of Ano Natsu was absolute pure distilled perfection. Possibly the first time I haven't had ANY complaints about how a series ended.
I really don't mind teenage angst. Eva was my gateway into anime heh.
Edited by 0o0o0o - 3/27/12 at 2:45am
By the time I read hoshi no samidare (around last year IIRC) I am already at the point of "!@#$% pointless ecchi in manga/anime! I hate this world!!11!" and I do not find the ecchiness in hoshi even slightly annoying, or maybe the pure perfectness of it eclipsed any flaws it had. Overall though, I'd give hoshi no samidare my second highest personal award: "Best not-SZS: story and character category".
Of course, not saying they were bad. Just giving him the heads up to expect them. :)
Valid warning. EDIT: I'm curious. Do you watch anime using the HD800? How does it stand? Can you describe it without going full "OMGTHISISTHETITS!!!11!'?
Edited by jgray91 - 3/27/12 at 3:05am
Well, I was tempted to reply OMGTHISISTHETITS! :D
jkjk, OK, I can say right now that the HD800 is, as you all know, a very revealing headset. Any imperfection, let it be your equipment, the source quality to the recording studio's equipment, will be reflected. I think you might recall that the audio in anime you download are encoded very differently. Most TV anime you obtain are encoded in MP3 or AAC, some even down to 128kps. The reason for this is because the .ts RAW files themselves aren't 5.1 or good enough to be encoded as FLAC. You can check this information in the video file. Blu-Ray Rips are almost always encoded in FLAC. With the HD800, the difference is absolutely immense. I own the HD555 and with that, it's pretty much undistinguishable, but once you actually watch anime through the HD800, the difference is incredible.
It's not necessarily a good thing to be able to tell this difference. For one, it makes enjoying TV anime as it's airing harder, because when your anime's audio in 192kps MP3, explosions are lifeless, the characters talking seem more two dimensional, and so fourth. When you watch a BDRip encoded in FLAC, all the imperfections vanish. Before I got my HD800, I could enjoy any anime through my HD555. After my HD800, well...I became more appreciative of BDRips which actually makes my life harder. xD
Edited by ImperialX - 3/27/12 at 3:32am
Well I noticed, at least the case for me in mouretsu pirates, that the normal speaking, vocals etc. are a bit lower loudness and clarity (?), detail (?) overall if compared to its now released full OP and ED. So I don't know if I ever want a more revealing headphones to follow airing anime. Maybe at some point I'll stop, but not now! My curiosity demands it's sacrifice! (through my money ).
To be honest, I personally can't accurately discern difference between 320kps MP3 and FLAC accurately for most cases, but TV anime never go up to even 256. That's why the difference is visible even as long as you have any decent headset (such as yourself). However, with the HD800, the difference is so huge it leaves an impression in your head.
Basically, the HD800 makes most of your anime sound worse, not better.
Oh something that's been nagging me since I read your blog post in class. Should I bother myself with F/N first or just jump into F/Z and won't bother myself with this:
And have you compared boku wa tomodachi anime vs manga? I find I loathe the anime but can tolerate the manga.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/27/12 at 4:00am
Just watch Fate/zero since:
1) Fate/stay night sucks as the anime, the VN is good
2) Fate/zero is the prequel to Fate/stay night anyway.
Also, Haganai was a light novel adaptation and thus the manga handles things differently. The light novel is quite good though. If you didn't like Haganai that's understandable, my runner up would have been Infinite Stratos or Mayo Chiki for the Ecchi Genre Award of 2011.
Edited by ImperialX - 3/27/12 at 4:15am
I'm back! Tadaima (I think that's how you spell it).
Fate/Stay Night (anime) did suck. I have yet to go try the VN. Fate/Zero however is on a whole new level.
Well, I'm just going to post the commercial one more time because I love it and "Tell Your World".
I'm going to be going soon. School...I can't wait for Papa this afternoon though.
Edit: Just checked it in my Introduction To Japanese book. It's Tadaima. ただいま
Edited by HybridCore - 3/27/12 at 4:18am
I liked the amagami ss plus ending too
I know what you mean by inperfections i can tell 320 and flac apart and my shures arent ad revealing i would think but still do a good job. Its one of those times i wish ignorance is bliss .
Ill be glad to watch ano natsu later
Yeah vortex this is a fast thread. Everybody knows that and... Thats IF you make a show
Yus! At least you know what to say. For those who don't know and are too lazy to go look up in translate (it doesn't do a very good job anyways), ImperialX said Okaeri[nasai] (nasai adds respect) which means Welcome back.
So you going to bed? If yes, then おやすみなさい！
Edited by HybridCore - 3/27/12 at 4:22am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › CEntrance DACport HD 2 minutes ago
- › High school friends after graduation 2 minutes ago
- › Perfect-Seal CIEM Demo USA Tour (Now Starting!) 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Launch competition – guess the upcoming new product! Clue #3... 6 minutes ago
- › M50x vs. SE215 7 minutes ago
- › HD650's going bad or just cable? 8 minutes ago
- › foobar won't launch 9 minutes ago
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by nmatheis
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Shure SRH840 by Double-A
- › Yulong Audio DA8 II by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2