- 10,288 Posts. Joined 3/2011
- Location: Selected Ambient Hype 85 - 92
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
INTRODUCTION few months back my friend tried these headphones. Few days ago she wanted to buy it from me. And I quote her to start this review off "I've never heard music like I did with this...
I have had the headset for about 12 months now so I will just drop some of my long term expectations to anyone wanting to buy this. I have the second (current) revision of the headphones with the...
*review this right after i have this headphone. burn in test not yet available Lost my AKG K403, my very first HD headphone (to me). Very low on budget, found this, bought it, waited for a near...
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 205
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The final episode of Ano Natsu was absolute pure distilled perfection. Possibly the first time I haven't had ANY complaints about how a series ended.
I really don't mind teenage angst. Eva was my gateway into anime heh.
Edited by 0o0o0o - 3/27/12 at 2:45am
By the time I read hoshi no samidare (around last year IIRC) I am already at the point of "!@#$% pointless ecchi in manga/anime! I hate this world!!11!" and I do not find the ecchiness in hoshi even slightly annoying, or maybe the pure perfectness of it eclipsed any flaws it had. Overall though, I'd give hoshi no samidare my second highest personal award: "Best not-SZS: story and character category".
Of course, not saying they were bad. Just giving him the heads up to expect them. :)
Valid warning. EDIT: I'm curious. Do you watch anime using the HD800? How does it stand? Can you describe it without going full "OMGTHISISTHETITS!!!11!'?
Edited by jgray91 - 3/27/12 at 3:05am
Well, I was tempted to reply OMGTHISISTHETITS! :D
jkjk, OK, I can say right now that the HD800 is, as you all know, a very revealing headset. Any imperfection, let it be your equipment, the source quality to the recording studio's equipment, will be reflected. I think you might recall that the audio in anime you download are encoded very differently. Most TV anime you obtain are encoded in MP3 or AAC, some even down to 128kps. The reason for this is because the .ts RAW files themselves aren't 5.1 or good enough to be encoded as FLAC. You can check this information in the video file. Blu-Ray Rips are almost always encoded in FLAC. With the HD800, the difference is absolutely immense. I own the HD555 and with that, it's pretty much undistinguishable, but once you actually watch anime through the HD800, the difference is incredible.
It's not necessarily a good thing to be able to tell this difference. For one, it makes enjoying TV anime as it's airing harder, because when your anime's audio in 192kps MP3, explosions are lifeless, the characters talking seem more two dimensional, and so fourth. When you watch a BDRip encoded in FLAC, all the imperfections vanish. Before I got my HD800, I could enjoy any anime through my HD555. After my HD800, well...I became more appreciative of BDRips which actually makes my life harder. xD
Edited by ImperialX - 3/27/12 at 3:32am
Well I noticed, at least the case for me in mouretsu pirates, that the normal speaking, vocals etc. are a bit lower loudness and clarity (?), detail (?) overall if compared to its now released full OP and ED. So I don't know if I ever want a more revealing headphones to follow airing anime. Maybe at some point I'll stop, but not now! My curiosity demands it's sacrifice! (through my money ).
To be honest, I personally can't accurately discern difference between 320kps MP3 and FLAC accurately for most cases, but TV anime never go up to even 256. That's why the difference is visible even as long as you have any decent headset (such as yourself). However, with the HD800, the difference is so huge it leaves an impression in your head.
Basically, the HD800 makes most of your anime sound worse, not better.
Oh something that's been nagging me since I read your blog post in class. Should I bother myself with F/N first or just jump into F/Z and won't bother myself with this:
And have you compared boku wa tomodachi anime vs manga? I find I loathe the anime but can tolerate the manga.
Edited by jgray91 - 3/27/12 at 4:00am
Just watch Fate/zero since:
1) Fate/stay night sucks as the anime, the VN is good
2) Fate/zero is the prequel to Fate/stay night anyway.
Also, Haganai was a light novel adaptation and thus the manga handles things differently. The light novel is quite good though. If you didn't like Haganai that's understandable, my runner up would have been Infinite Stratos or Mayo Chiki for the Ecchi Genre Award of 2011.
Edited by ImperialX - 3/27/12 at 4:15am
I'm back! Tadaima (I think that's how you spell it).
Fate/Stay Night (anime) did suck. I have yet to go try the VN. Fate/Zero however is on a whole new level.
Well, I'm just going to post the commercial one more time because I love it and "Tell Your World".
I'm going to be going soon. School...I can't wait for Papa this afternoon though.
Edit: Just checked it in my Introduction To Japanese book. It's Tadaima. ただいま
Edited by HybridCore - 3/27/12 at 4:18am
I liked the amagami ss plus ending too
I know what you mean by inperfections i can tell 320 and flac apart and my shures arent ad revealing i would think but still do a good job. Its one of those times i wish ignorance is bliss .
Ill be glad to watch ano natsu later
Yeah vortex this is a fast thread. Everybody knows that and... Thats IF you make a show
Yus! At least you know what to say. For those who don't know and are too lazy to go look up in translate (it doesn't do a very good job anyways), ImperialX said Okaeri[nasai] (nasai adds respect) which means Welcome back.
So you going to bed? If yes, then おやすみなさい！
Edited by HybridCore - 3/27/12 at 4:22am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 1 minute ago
- › LG V20 Sound Quality 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr 2 (with Amperex Orange Globes) and Schiit Bifrost (both... 1 minute ago
- › Needing help with headphone amp information and suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › Apple Earpods vs Philips SHE3205WT/00 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD25-II with custom cardas cable (shipping with tracking... 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by SOULSIK
- › Sennheiser G4ME ZERO Over-Ear Gaming Headset by Jetpil0t
- › Superlux HD 681 by IkuMiku96
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear