Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 20

post #286 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post



It's a great balance between the three actually. It is surprising how good that show is. I only wanted to give it an 8/10 but it just was too good, had to give it a 9.

 

 

Oh, I promised I would explain my rating system. But first off, I'll explain something. I do indeed drop a lot of things but I only do it if it fits my criteria to do so. I basically won't drop something I started unless it is a reallllllllly long shounen with no end in sight(one piece, naruto...) or if I give it 10%(rounded down) of it's total episodes. So, for something like senjou no horizon, which was 13 episodes, I had to watch at least two episodes before I dropped it. I'm very trust worthy of my anime senses and a lot of times I watch things that I know will not be good to me just to reassure that. Now most of the time I do give anime more of a chance than that because some things need further evaluation but I'm confident in when I drop something and rarely do I pick it back up but on that off chance, I may feel I didn't give something a fair chance. Hyakko and Turn a Gundam come to mind.

 

Anyway, here's how I rate things.

 

 


I really like a show with some/ a good amount of romance. is bakemonogatari the one?

 

I thank you for ur list. I rate things very similarly. But i also often include a nother rating for  "stupid enjoyability" it's one of those things that i feel. As long as an anime has what i am looking for, a good ecchi factor sometimes, romance , action and what not. it gets a good score here. basically just hits my points. I agree with all the ones in ur 5 list getting 5. as they wre just bland. but some get a good score on the "stupid enjoyability" scale

 

I;ll go down ur list and see how i feel about ur ratings.

3/10 haha yep. fhukufuku no campanella. it was one of those that i thought would get a good "stupid enjoyability" score and just an anime to generically watch...nope...couldn't even last the first episode. after the first episode was over..i was all...wtf?

 

4/10Darker than black did not interest me at all! lol , inuyahsa had a good non generic score and a good/decent stupid enjoyability  score. but the series lenth and how it keeps on repeating some themese dropped it down to this 4 also

 

5/10 I saw Tayutama, to aru, asura crying. other than To aru majutusu. I give tautama and asura crying a decent/good score on my stupid enjoyabilty scale.it's when u start thinking and stuff that drops it too average...to aru majutstu...come on!!! it's repeating the same mistake inuyahsha did omg torlolololol. you have good female leads that u want to see development in...u almost do. and then it's over. u basically restrt the whole and every single thing. This would get a 4/10 if not for the production values so yeah i agree

 

6/10 MAYOO CHIKI! lol! great score on my stupid enjoyability factor. it's when u start thinking that makes u go :/

 

7/10 ..hmm i liked the idolm@ster but i would drop it down to a 6/10. it wasn't generic too much as it was an idol thing and u don't see those too much. but other than miki and one or two other characters. they were all just very bland. the ending also leaves much to desire. Aishteruze babay >_< if it didn't get such a low production budget, this would make my 8/10 list(anime) easily. the child's voice..perfect. just perfect and adorable! the manga gets a 9/10. i never finished hanasaku iroha. im on 22 and have the rest on my hard drive...finish? Kampfer...a bit weird and gneric with not much ging on. i give this a 6/10

 

8/10 i think usagi drop got a "Drop" haha on aishteruze baby due to production values in ur mind. i would drop (lol) bunny drop to 7/10 due to not too too much happening and just a sweet story. if we add in the manga. it remains an 7/10.

 

9/10Gungrave.....how else can u say amazing...other than amazing(9.5/10)?!?!?! Really...just how fricking else...can you say amazing without being just blown away by this masterpiece here based off an american comic or story or somethign!? Cross game made me cry at the first episode, but after. not much happens. for me. a 6/10. I don't remember school rumble. i saw it before but don' remember it. Clannad...the regular stories in it and arc's are pretty boring. just slice of life...every day. KEY, nothing amazing here. but what Key does do amazingly. IT DRIVES HOME. I cried the most in this anime. not afraid to admit it. how it mixes in sound with emotion...perfecto. Spirited Away. great movie...absolutley stuning. how do u fit all that in a move...wow. other good movies i would add here; voices of a distant star, 5cm per second

 

10/10 i've never seen legend of galacgic hero's....and the old art kinda puts me offf. if u don't mind. im interested since u loved it. giving me a description of everything u like and a personal plot? :3

Never saw Metropolis. i got a song thta somebody made an amazing AMA with it in though. Toradora. i give it a 7.5 to 8 for me. had great charcter development and stupid enjoyment points but didn't drive it allthe way home for me. Never saw the original macross; but the macross froniter, i thoroughly enjoyed. i would give that an 8.5 though. Code Geass and Death note...now for me...they live here. Gungrave is teh close next door neighbor.

 

 

 

OK IT'S DECIDED! LoGH is my next full anime to watch. The reviews have spoken :) After reading about Poor Annerose, i just had to know what happened to her. and then everything just sparked. looked up review and went on nyaa. the rest is history :)


Edited by bowei006 - 1/6/12 at 10:12pm
post #287 of 130867

wink_face.gif  wink_face.gif wink_face.gif

 

No need to explain LoGH to you now. I'll just reiterate that no one anime should have all that greatness. It's hard to be fillerless and constantly moving with reason and depth through 26 episodes and just extremely tough to do in 50. LoGH does it in 110 episodes.

 

 

As far as ratings go, I think it's just best for me to compress them into one thing and balance the two in my final rating. Toradora in reality is an 8/10 series but it just managed to touch me and synch with my heart in a way. I just fell in love with the series and by the end of it all, the 10/10 was locked up. If someone watched Gungrave with ep.1 first, it'd just not be as good. But when twenty people begged me not to watch the first episode, I think it set me up for one of the greatest anime experiences I have ever had. Just one of those series that wows you with how good it is. Great dub too.

 

As far as Kampfer is concerned, it isn't really a 7 out of ten in reality but I just enjoy the characters a lot. And I forgot to mention something but I have an extremely heavy inclination towards endings of an anime. If you don't wrap up well, I'll drop a point or maybe two if it was a slow decline. If you take it home in an extremely great fashion, well, the love will be shown bigsmile_face.gif Clannad did this but I still think the body of the series was wonderful and I love KEY in general so...yeah, a bit of bias there. Cross game is just a great series to me. I'm a big sports fan and I felt the anime handled the whole high school sports thing balanced out with drama and romance wonderfully. I could see if someone wasn't that into sports how they wouldn't like it as much though.

post #288 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

wink_face.gif  wink_face.gif wink_face.gif

 

No need to explain LoGH to you now. I'll just reiterate that no one anime should have all that greatness. It's hard to be fillerless and constantly moving with reason and depth through 26 episodes and just extremely tough to do in 50. LoGH does it in 110 episodes.

 

 

As far as ratings go, I think it's just best for me to compress them into one thing and balance the two in my final rating. Toradora in reality is an 8/10 series but it just managed to touch me and synch with my heart in a way. I just fell in love with the series and by the end of it all, the 10/10 was locked up. If someone watched Gungrave with ep.1 first, it'd just not be as good. But when twenty people begged me not to watch the first episode, I think it set me up for one of the greatest anime experiences I have ever had. Just one of those series that wows you with how good it is. Great dub too.

 

As far as Kampfer is concerned, it isn't really a 7 out of ten in reality but I just enjoy the characters a lot. And I forgot to mention something but I have an extremely heavy inclination towards endings of an anime. If you don't wrap up well, I'll drop a point or maybe two if it was a slow decline. If you take it home in an extremely great fashion, well, the love will be shown bigsmile_face.gif Clannad did this but I still think the body of the series was wonderful and I love KEY in general so...yeah, a bit of bias there. Cross game is just a great series to me. I'm a big sports fan and I felt the anime handled the whole high school sports thing balanced out with drama and romance wonderfully. I could see if someone wasn't that into sports how they wouldn't like it as much though.


haha yeah. i still enjoyed gungrave absolutley thoroughly even from watching episode 1 and continuing. i've rewatched it 4 times in total. the last time was about 2 years ago.. (almost time for my offering  etysmile.gif) the dub and sub are both good :) 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 the love that culd never be between brandon and the girl's mother.. i admit, im a sucker when the main characters love of his life get's taken from him

and yeah, i kinda liked the characters too. that's what i called stupid enjoyment. just the plain and simple things that get to you. and wow. i do and say the same thing. THAT THE END GETS A LOT OF POINTS. You know those ones with super super open endings...they don't realize tht while they offer a open interpretation for everyne. it leaves a lot of epople pissed! and i drop points for this also.

The body of Clannad get's a 7.5, not bad but not excellent. just decent. the endings and those ends of arcs are what reallly really gets you

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

even though i seen it 4 times already all the way through Air, to angel beats. Seeing the main female lead go through a super duper depressing hardship still gets me in the heart. all those deaths and depressed moments. >_<

hah yeah. i wasn't into sports much :/ so cross game didn't get to me. the cute moments where u think "romance??" kept me watchig though!!

 

LoGH will be done in ~3 hours ..yes..i have a very veyr fast internet connection.

 

 

LoGH things (Click to show)

I can't stand anime's that have a female character getting $exually abused or used like in LoGH! it just gets to me, but at the same time, it draws me in as i want to know what happened/happens! >_<

 

Have u seen Gundam Seed? that also gets a 10/10 from me. more like a 9.7 out of 10.  Gungrave gets like a 9.5, but both are super close so i  put them in with the 10'sies 

 

 

 

post #289 of 130867

LoGH in....3 hours? What da eff? It's less of a how fast are you going and more of a who are you getting it from LOL. It's hard for ANYONE to give me the max output I can get, which is about 5MB/s

 

 

1691668062.png

 

 

 

 

edit: Oh well, I guess any reason is a good reason to see LoGH. I just want people to experience it. Even if they don't think it's the best of all time, they just need to know about it imo. And no, I've never seen Gundam Seed sequentially. I've caught random eps on Adult Swim but that's about it. Oh and LoGH has some of the most inspiring opening and endings to me.


Edited by B-Dawk20 - 1/6/12 at 11:01pm
post #290 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

LoGH in....3 hours? What da eff? It's less of a how fast are you going and more of a who are you getting it from LOL. It's hard for ANYONE to give me the max output I can get, which is about 5MB/s

 

 

1691668062.png

 

 


wow 5MB/s lol! I'm making due with my 2.5 MB/s connection(it gets maxed out easily). are u at a college to get that!! :O ?

 

Oh and so.. i need a small hint.... annerose..what can u reveal about what happens to her. sad?

 


Edited by bowei006 - 1/6/12 at 11:02pm
post #291 of 130867

Hell, I STILL couldn't get all of LoGH within three hours...it's just too big lol. It'd take about 4 for the higher quality ones I think....I don't remember how big it is though.

 

 

edit: No, I'm at home at the moment gs1000.gif  verizon fios is very fast at night and about only 10Mbps shorter during the day and maybe another 10 off if it gets REALLY busy. Which still leaves me with about 20Mbps. The bad part off? I PING TERRIBLY.

 

 

 

@Annerose Sad? No, not really. It's more so her brother and how what happened to her affects him.


Edited by B-Dawk20 - 1/6/12 at 11:08pm
post #292 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Hell, I STILL couldn't get all of LoGH within three hours...it's just too big lol. It'd take about 4 for the higher quality ones I think....I don't remember how big it is though.

 

 

edit: No, I'm at home at the moment gs1000.gif  verizon fios is very fast at night and about only 10Mbps shorter during the day and maybe another 10 off if it gets REALLY busy. Which still leaves me with about 20Mbps. The bad part off? I PING TERRIBLY.

 

 

 

@Annerose Sad? No, not really. It's more so her brother and how what happened to her affects him.

The total size for the one i'm getting is 30GB's total. so yes, im sure the higher quality ones

 

26ms is bad ping? I have fiber optics as well and 23-30ms is my average ping. not that bad :/ ?

 

Nooo!!!!!!!! how could they leave her out. Being a concubine...is so frickign sad!!!!!
 

 

post #293 of 130867

 

Hi

post #294 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

The total size for the one i'm getting is 30GB's total. so yes, im sure the higher quality ones

 

26ms is bad ping? I have fiber optics as well and 23-30ms is my average ping. not that bad :/ ?

 

Nooo!!!!!!!! how could they leave her out. Being a concubine...is so frickign sad!!!!!
 

 



 

Well she....hmm.....just watch it! tongue.gif

 

And the ping isn't bad when in close vicinity....but BOY does it scale badly on the west coast. Comcast's ping is like 50ms on Cali but mine is closer to 100.


Edited by B-Dawk20 - 1/6/12 at 11:19pm
post #295 of 130867

 

Camrips of the K-ON movie OP & ED just got out.
 
HOLY CRAP IS THAT SOME NAGRA GEAR I SEE?
 
 

Edited by Dissonant - 1/6/12 at 11:27pm
post #296 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post



 

Well she....hmm.....just watch it! tongue.gif

 

And the ping isn't bad when in close vicinity....but BOY does it scale badly on the west coast. Comcast's ping is like 50ms on Cali but mine is closer to 100.


im currently downloaindg so my ping on west coast isn't good either. i'll try again after im finished later.

 

Email sent :)

 

ahh!!! ur making me go!! braaggggg bc i want to know

 

Just saw High School DXD :) the others might have to wait till tmmrw. the first episode of this is a bit weird but enjoyabale :) generic? at first you thougth so, but it's ...not too too generic. has very differnt beginnign than u would expect and what not.

Very content with High School DxD :)

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dissonant View Post

 

Camrips of the K-ON movie OP & ED just got out.
 
HOLY CRAP IS THAT SOME NAGRA GEAR I SEE?
 
 

 

cam rips. lol!!! i ddon't usually do cam rips but k-on fans must get a kick out of this


Edited by bowei006 - 1/6/12 at 11:31pm
post #297 of 130867

>Camrips

>of my waifu

 

NOPE

post #298 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

>Camrips

>of my waifu

 

NOPE



don't get it? Well check out High School DxD when u get the chance. it's ok, caught my attention. i thought it was going to be/hve a super duper perverted male (tamaki from sora no otoshimino) but while he is perverted, he acts like a normal dude a lot :)

post #299 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



don't get it? Well check out High School DxD when u get the chance. it's ok, caught my attention. i thought it was going to be/hve a super duper perverted male (tamaki from sora no otoshimino) but while he is perverted, he acts like a normal dude a lot :)



 

Yup, I can wait to see Ritsu in glorious HD quality. As far as High School DxD goes. I'll wait on that. I'm expecting a big (and surprising) influx of anime this season. I might not be able to handle much more.

post #300 of 130867
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post



 

Yup, I can wait to see Ritsu in glorious HD quality. As far as High School DxD goes. I'll wait on that. I'm expecting a big (and surprising) influx of anime this season. I might not be able to handle much more.



haha.. ritsu?? what anime is that?

and a lot are comming out :) a lot lot :) lolol, im excided for a couple of them. Amagami SS+ tops the list. there's also that soccer anime. i'll demo the first episode. there seems to be a main love interest :) now it's not just some regular sports anime!!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge