Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 129

post #1921 of 129981
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post



*facepalm* Just like you're saying that hardware makes software fail. It depends on both. /conversation

 

I'm curious if my local Guitar Center has Beyers. Ultrasone I'm also considering.

 

Yes, yes they are. But the K550's seem to be offering some competition from what I've read. Very interested to see how K550 vs D2K's plays out.


when did i say hardware makes software fail? windows allows every thing under the rainbow with no qualty assurance as it's just a software company. Apple is all in one.

 

My local guitar center had Beyers..not ultrasone.

 

im curious..so fricking curious..sad thing is i just have to go with the flow bc i won't be able to demo anything

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I assume that's about the K550? I don't see the problem with that TBH.

 



 

post #1922 of 129981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post


I assume that's about the K550? I don't see the problem with that TBH.

 



It is. I don't find anything wrong with it but I like it engraved outside for some reason.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


when did i say hardware makes software fail? windows allows every thing under the rainbow with no qualty assurance as it's just a software company. Apple is all in one.

 

My local guitar center had Beyers..not ultrasone.

 

im curious..so fricking curious..sad thing is i just have to go with the flow bc i won't be able to demo anything

 



 


 

I can easily extract that from you saying "OS X doesn't support AMD" and "OS X supports stuff that won't fail" type of stuff you've been posting.

 

I kind of only expect Beyers. I really want to go back to Shinjuku-Tokyo to Akihabara (the one near the Shinjuku Station) to try out the headphones again. They have so many headphones and I only tried the AH-D5000's and AH-D2000's. *facepalm*

 

It's really annoying. There's no single store or a couple of stores close to eachother with all of the gear we know of that you can test. It's just "trust what other people say" type of thing.

post #1923 of 129981
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post


I kind of only expect Beyers. I really want to go back to Shinjuku-Tokyo to Akihabara (the one near the Shinjuku Station) to try out the headphones again. They have so many headphones and I only tried the AH-D5000's and AH-D2000's. *facepalm*

 

It's really annoying. There's no single store or a couple of stores close to eachother with all of the gear we know of that you can test. It's just "trust what other people say" type of thing.



You're implying that you're in JAPAN and you only have heard those 2 only?! GODDAMMIT! Y U MAEK ME SO JELLY! angry_face.gif


Edited by jgray91 - 3/3/12 at 3:21pm
post #1924 of 129981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post



You're implying that you're in JAPAN and you only have heard those 2 only?! GODDAMMIT! Y U MAEK ME SO JELLY! angry_face.gif



Because I can travel. Lol. Traveling is fun when you go to the places you want, like Japan. I don't like going to China but at least there's internet there (but not really good internet).

 

Oh, and because I thought I was going to get the AH-D2000's so it was the only thing I payed attention too...epic fail.

post #1925 of 129981

Sigh. I think the Sony MDR SA3000 is now in my sights too. Although that's old too, like the AD900. Hmm. MORE RESEARCH! very_evil_smiley.gif

post #1926 of 129981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Sigh. I think the Sony MDR SA3000 is now in my sights too. Although that's old too, like the AD900. Hmm. MORE RESEARCH! very_evil_smiley.gif



Reminds me. I was looking at headroom's full sized cans reviews in rating order and I didn't know if they were joking by putting wireless cans on the top but then again, that's probably the computer geek part of me thinking "wired is better than wireless" with networking.

post #1927 of 129981

.....Mac OSX doesn't support AMD right now. They promote quality components by having a control on what parts go into their devices unlike Microsoft windows. both has their pro's and con's.

 

so much research. making me head hurts...all ur research is just bitting me in the buttocks >_<  YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME UPGRADEITIS hehehe :) beerchug.gif

post #1928 of 129981

any of you guys seen 

Legend of the Galactic Hereo's?

post #1929 of 129981

Windows 8 is loathsome. It's a touch-oriented UI, but they're trying to market it towards general PC users as well? What the hell? Windows 8 still lacks basic PC functionality that Linux distros have had since forever, like a full-bodied native terminal and natively-implemented virtual desktops. I'm willing to bet Windows 8 still isn't POSIX compliant, which is just going to give me even more headaches... bah. And don't even get me started on Windows 8 "Server". If I'm lucky, my school won't mandate that we upgrade to Win8.

 

As far as J-pop music goes, you want to emphasize your mids and, depending on the vocalist, your highs. Most J-pop is pretty much similar to any other pop music (that I've heard, at least) - catchy tunes that play into the sweet zone of human hearing. You don't encounter a lot of bass and you don't encounter a lot of uncommon instrumentation that mucks with the dynamic range. Probably the most bass-heavy J-pop-like song I can think of off the top of my head is "Over the Clouds (Burst Remix)" by Alan, which is a dubstep-lite remix of a J-pop song.

 

Vocaloids are a slightly different story in that the vocals will tend to emphasize mids and highs (because people love to use Miku and Rin and MEIKO in their treble ranges; Luka gets some of this abuse too, but her bass game is superior to everyone else's except maybe Miku APPEND), but the instrumentals will vary depending on the genre of music - e.g., AVTechNO! does a lot of electronic and industrial sounds, so there's more bass in his work; while Utsu-P's TRAUMATIC album is pretty much black metal all the way through.

 

-- Griffinhart

post #1930 of 129981


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinhart View Post

Windows 8 is loathsome. It's a touch-oriented UI, but they're trying to market it towards general PC users as well? What the hell? Windows 8 still lacks basic PC functionality that Linux distros have had since forever, like a full-bodied native terminal and natively-implemented virtual desktops. I'm willing to bet Windows 8 still isn't POSIX compliant, which is just going to give me even more headaches... bah. And don't even get me started on Windows 8 "Server". If I'm lucky, my school won't mandate that we upgrade to Win8.

 

As far as J-pop music goes, you want to emphasize your mids and, depending on the vocalist, your highs. Most J-pop is pretty much similar to any other pop music (that I've heard, at least) - catchy tunes that play into the sweet zone of human hearing. You don't encounter a lot of bass and you don't encounter a lot of uncommon instrumentation that mucks with the dynamic range. Probably the most bass-heavy J-pop-like song I can think of off the top of my head is "Over the Clouds (Burst Remix)" by Alan, which is a dubstep-lite remix of a J-pop song.

 

Vocaloids are a slightly different story in that the vocals will tend to emphasize mids and highs (because people love to use Miku and Rin and MEIKO in their treble ranges; Luka gets some of this abuse too, but her bass game is superior to everyone else's except maybe Miku APPEND), but the instrumentals will vary depending on the genre of music - e.g., AVTechNO! does a lot of electronic and industrial sounds, so there's more bass in his work; while Utsu-P's TRAUMATIC album is pretty much black metal all the way through.

 

-- Griffinhart


so.. AKG or Denon's :)..... maybe more so with the Denon's?

 

my school is still on XP............

 

post #1931 of 129981
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

my school is still on XP............

 

Good. So is mine.

 

-- Griffinhart

post #1932 of 129981
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinhart View Post

Good. So is mine.

 

-- Griffinhart



im kinda annoyed at it sometimes..but whatever. the screen resolution is small..and...blah

 

i hate this...i don't know why. i put up this i don't know anything about anime thing a while ago bc i didn't want to be uncool..now i can't read it in classes!! WTF!!

post #1933 of 129981

I'm just going to get this off my chest right now lest it eats me alive while I sleep. For the love of god, please make proper sentence structure bowei. It's bad enough you're not using punctuation, but bad structure is just insulting for me. I have English as a second language and I can do it better. I don't live in countries having English as a main language, both my homeland and the country I'm studying in, and I can use punctuation and better grammar! Why is it so ******* hard to do that? Is it too hard? Is your fingers, hell is anybody that does this have their fingers shortened artificially or something? I can tolerate at teeth-grinding level someone who spiels on without commas or what ever, but just mixing words and jumbling them around in a pathetic attempt to create a sentence is just insulting to me, to all my teachers and to all non native English users. Now I'm going to sleep and dread tomorrow for more improper English writings from across the ******* globe in the internet.

 

/sleep-deprived and hungry rant

post #1934 of 129981

Haha, I will just take that as a rant. I do not see most having any problem with how I type or my grammar. I guess everyone is a bit different. English is my third language. I live here, so I do not have an excuse then haha. I will try, but my thoughts exceed my typing many times so I just do it very fast. That leaves bad sentence structuring, grammar, and punctuation-al mistakes. 

I will not make a promise that I will keep this up. I shall try a bit in your presence though Jgray.

beerchug.gif

 

How was this?

post #1935 of 129981
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

.....Mac OSX doesn't support AMD right now. They promote quality components by having a control on what parts go into their devices unlike Microsoft windows. both has their pro's and con's.

 

so much research. making me head hurts...all ur research is just bitting me in the buttocks >_<  YOU GUYS ARE GIVING ME UPGRADEITIS hehehe :) beerchug.gif


 

*facepalm* No longer my mini mod. I think you don't understand. Not supporting AMD doesn't mean all quality issues will go away. Says the AMD user. AMD makes great chips and gfx cards. The truth needs to slap you hard in the face. Really hard.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinhart View Post

Windows 8 is loathsome. It's a touch-oriented UI, but they're trying to market it towards general PC users as well? What the hell? Windows 8 still lacks basic PC functionality that Linux distros have had since forever, like a full-bodied native terminal and natively-implemented virtual desktops. I'm willing to bet Windows 8 still isn't POSIX compliant, which is just going to give me even more headaches... bah. And don't even get me started on Windows 8 "Server". If I'm lucky, my school won't mandate that we upgrade to Win8.

 

As far as J-pop music goes, you want to emphasize your mids and, depending on the vocalist, your highs. Most J-pop is pretty much similar to any other pop music (that I've heard, at least) - catchy tunes that play into the sweet zone of human hearing. You don't encounter a lot of bass and you don't encounter a lot of uncommon instrumentation that mucks with the dynamic range. Probably the most bass-heavy J-pop-like song I can think of off the top of my head is "Over the Clouds (Burst Remix)" by Alan, which is a dubstep-lite remix of a J-pop song.

 

Vocaloids are a slightly different story in that the vocals will tend to emphasize mids and highs (because people love to use Miku and Rin and MEIKO in their treble ranges; Luka gets some of this abuse too, but her bass game is superior to everyone else's except maybe Miku APPEND), but the instrumentals will vary depending on the genre of music - e.g., AVTechNO! does a lot of electronic and industrial sounds, so there's more bass in his work; while Utsu-P's TRAUMATIC album is pretty much black metal all the way through.

 

-- Griffinhart


 

Without Metro it's like Windows 7 except with tabs like in Office 2007 and 2010. Otherwise, boo Microsoft. We aren't all going to use tablet. Look at the population of geeks and others. We are consumers too idiots. So, for headphones, something with good mids and highs. I don't really need punchy bass anyways. I listen to Vocaloids most so...I do watch anime though (duh, that's why I'm here" so, what would that cover? I already know I need great mids and highs so...


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


 


so.. AKG or Denon's :)..... maybe more so with the Denon's?

 

my school is still on XP............

 



A bit concerned about the recessed mids on the Denons.

 

Mine is too.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffinhart View Post

Good. So is mine.

 

-- Griffinhart



Yay.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post



im kinda annoyed at it sometimes..but whatever. the screen resolution is small..and...blah

 

i hate this...i don't know why. i put up this i don't know anything about anime thing a while ago bc i didn't want to be uncool..now i can't read it in classes!! WTF!!



I sometimes wonder if you even know what you're talking about. It isn't XP's fault the screen res is small, it's the fact that your school has crappy monitors like mine.



Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

I'm just going to get this off my chest right now lest it eats me alive while I sleep. For the love of god, please make proper sentence structure bowei. It's bad enough you're not using punctuation, but bad structure is just insulting for me. I have English as a second language and I can do it better. I don't live in countries having English as a main language, both my homeland and the country I'm studying in, and I can use punctuation and better grammar! Why is it so ******* hard to do that? Is it too hard? Is your fingers, hell is anybody that does this have their fingers shortened artificially or something? I can tolerate at teeth-grinding level someone who spiels on without commas or what ever, but just mixing words and jumbling them around in a pathetic attempt to create a sentence is just insulting to me, to all my teachers and to all non native English users. Now I'm going to sleep and dread tomorrow for more improper English writings from across the ******* globe in the internet.

 

/sleep-deprived and hungry rant



This. My LA teacher goes around pestering everybody how that you're not supposed to say "Can I <insert text here>?" but "May I <blahblahblah>?". Ugh.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Haha, I will just take that as a rant. I do not see most having any problem with how I type or my grammar. I guess everyone is a bit different. English is my third language. I live here, so I do not have an excuse then haha. I will try, but my thoughts exceed my typing many times so I just do it very fast. That leaves bad sentence structuring, grammar, and punctuation-al mistakes. 

I will not make a promise that I will keep this up. I shall try a bit in your presence though Jgray.

beerchug.gif

 

How was this?



I thought he said he was always here so...grammar Nazis win.


Edited by HybridCore - 3/3/12 at 7:21pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge