or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 10052

post #150766 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiroz View Post
 
Quote:


I've seen that before many times. It's probably either false triggered by your network gateway or something like that.

Macs do get malware though....  Even though OSX has way less security holes than Windows, a careless user could easily get the machine infected.

It was a joke, just like the captcha :tongue:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Currently at the Apple Store now to
1) Check out the new MacBook
2) Not try out the Apple Watch because I could care less about it
3) Ask how to apply for a retail store job


New MacBook's trackpad if for real pretty dam awesome. It really does feel like it clicks down and even I was fooled by it. It has a light click where you press down and it "clicks"; it then has a secondary click where you press down harder and it "clicks" again. It's pretty sick, and it works quite well.

The keyboard.....I could care less for. It feels like pressing a flip phone's keys how they have basically zero travel distance but you can feel it click. Nothing worth noting.

The keyboard clicks like that because of the steel dome button thing, which the flip phones also have. Does it feel more "mechanical" than the old scissor action keys?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiroz View Post
 

@ gunslinger stratos OP

 

log horizon?

 

Coppelion?

post #150767 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Their promotional videos are always like that though. : p

And yeah, I'd probably never ever use a smartwatch. I personally see zero use for it in my case.
That's a pretty low standard. lol
You could probably charge 10 times the price of the Tablet and audiophools would still buy it. Just slap on some fancy marketing and blah blah the first audiophile DAP to use an Nvidia chip and you should be set to go. XD

I found the AK100 II extremely underwhelming for example and they manage to charge $900 for it. I'd take my iPod 5G over that thing.


Anything with "Astell & Kern" on it would be more expensive than it should be

 

I am still pretty much bummed over the fact that there is a Love Live AK10...

 

I am really tempted to write a troll advertisement or troll review of it

 

My iPod Nano 7G is just enough for me lol... the screen is slightly damaged but otherwise a pretty good player


Edited by kaixax555 - 4/13/15 at 6:58pm
post #150768 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by akiroz View Post
 

Uhhh... good luck with that....

I really hate crowded places, stresses me out

 

Wait.... BD's out???

Me hate crowds too, but sitting in dark cinema is still considered ok poi

BD release is scheduled on 03July according to amazonjp.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by akiroz View Post
 

@ gunslinger stratos OP

 

log horizon?

 

Wot that font, that scenery...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Speaking of which, Cavalli transportable tomorrow anyone? Lol

Wish it was the portable...

But, I'm considering it nonetheless for absolutely no good reason. Should be relatively easy to sell at the least... I figure.
 

Shigatsu wa OP is really awesome. Wish recording quality was better.
 

Nope, just ordered another desktop amp recently..

Do like the unity gain mode and ventless casing, but wonder what volume pot is in it and also how the smps performs poi

 

Yeah that +1

post #150769 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

I carry no less than three flashlights EDC. :p

 

The Eagletac uses an 18650, the other two run on primaries. I don't really trust the Eagletac because it uses a clicky....I've had it for nearly two years now.

 

The old Fenix is just a twisty, no switches to go wrong. The McGizmo is similar, also twisty but with momentary function from it's piston drive, I like that it has two completely separate LED driver circuits, so it will still spit out light if one should fail. I've had these two for over five and a half years.

 


I wish I'd never seen this post. Like Jgray I also go through these annoying phases where I get obsessed with cool lookin little gadgets and whatnot even though I know that they likely have no use in my life. Well... since my cat went missing all of last night (she returned in the morning :l ), I realized I didn't have a decent flashlight on hand, so I went ahead and ordered an Eagletac D25C after spending roughly two hours researching flashlights :l 

 

Also, the cost of a McGizmo is nuts. Yeezus. 

post #150770 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

I didn't care for the first OP in Psycho Pass so I'd skip it each time but I quite like the second opening.
Cause I feeeeeeel...

Psycho Pass openings are always pretty great. The opening to season 2 was probably the most redeeming thing about that season...
post #150771 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Not your normal click. That's probably fine, especially if it's adjustable.

It's just the idea of the 3rd click (the Force Click) you get if you hold down the trackpad long enough that I personally see no use for.
Oh I see. Yeah there's not much use for it right now. I can mostly get the same functions with a 3-finger tap. I think the only app built to utilise it is QuickTime Pro since apparently you can press harder to FF/RW faster/slower respectively. I don't really care for that since I just scrub/skip though anyway. Developers should get that API though, so I expect to see more use of it in the future.




Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

The keyboard clicks like that because of the steel dome button thing, which the flip phones also have. Does it feel more "mechanical" than the old scissor action keys?
Aren't flip phones a membrane switch too? If I recall correctly it's got the buttons with a short stem, rubber dome, and a metal piece that snaps as part of the membrane switch.

No, not at all. If anything, it feels less like you're typing on a piece of paper due to the lack of key travel, and the slight click you feel is like rolling a crumb underneath it. XD
post #150772 of 170242
Sorry if this seems like a crosspost:

What the f*%# is going on with LH Labs and the Geek Wave campaign?

Am I insane to have assumed that I would put down my money waaay ahead of time, and in exchange, they would keep track and in a not totally unreasonable amount of time they would ship what they said they would?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this stupid stupid completely unusable survey. How can a company not even be able to make a frickin survey.

Nor apparently be able to parse a csv file?

I literally don't understand. There is complex as hell engineering going on here and they can't do what we wouldn't even bat an eyelash asking of an intern.
Edited by vwinter - 4/13/15 at 9:20pm
post #150773 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Sorry if this seems like a crosspost:

What the f*%# is going on with LH Labs and the Geek Wave campaign?

Am I insane to have assumed that I would put down my money waaay ahead of time, and in exchange, they would keep track and in a not totally unreasonable amount of time they would ship what they said they would?

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do in this stupid stupid completely unusable survey. How can a company not even be able to make a frickin survey.

Nor apparently be able to parse a csv file?

I literally don't understand. There is complex as hell engineering going on here and they can't do what we wouldn't even bat an eyelash asking of an intern.

If it makes you feel any better there were quite a number of people at CanJam that I talked to that were a tad unhappy with LH and the Geek Wave. I didn't back any of the Geek projects and hearing about everything that has happened with the projects sounds like it would the the patience of most.

 

Least by parsing the the Geek Wave thread it looks like it may come out in summer.

post #150774 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post

If it makes you feel any better there were quite a number of people at CanJam that I talked to that were a tad unhappy with LH and the Geek Wave. I didn't back any of the Geek projects and hearing about everything that has happened with the projects sounds like it would the the patience of most.

Least by parsing the the Geek Wave thread it looks like it may come out in summer.

I haven't even been following it so the patience of those who have I can't even imagine.

My backed model is apparently "indefinitely" delayed rolleyes.gif
post #150775 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post

Time to relax with some tea and anime.

Where did you get the awesome mug? ;)

post #150776 of 170242

Just saw Kiniro Mosaic ep 2

 

So fluffy .....

 

Me smurking the entire time lol

post #150777 of 170242
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post


I wish I'd never seen this post. Like Jgray I also go through these annoying phases where I get obsessed with cool lookin little gadgets and whatnot even though I know that they likely have no use in my life. Well... since my cat went missing all of last night (she returned in the morning :l ), I realized I didn't have a decent flashlight on hand, so I went ahead and ordered an Eagletac D25C after spending roughly two hours researching flashlights :l 

 

Also, the cost of a McGizmo is nuts. Yeezus. 

 

Aahahahah, a mate has the D25C, it's all the EDC you'll ever need.

 

If you want to go down the rechargeable route, I use the Xstar VP1, great charger that doesn't overcharge your batteries. (And I've checked it personally with a $7000 multimeter =P)

 

As for rechargeable batteries, the Eagletac ones should be readily available and reasonable quality, I have a pair of their RCR123/16340 and they seem just fine.

post #150778 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Coppelion?

 

Nah, It's the font / color that reminds me of log horizon.

post #150779 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Physical copies are soooooo 2008.

So, your 13h have passed already?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netforce View Post
 

The fiio house sound is fine for most, the noble 4 are crazy easy to drive. I drive my x5>n4 all the time without issue. If I turned my x5 all the way up with its volume I'd be pretty worried about blowing up my n4 plus you would be an idiot listening that loud. The x5>c5 is a pretty sweet pairing and a pretty popular pairing at CanJam, tried a c5 with my x5 and I really liked it with my Noble 4.

Okay, crazy easy to drive.... Doesn't sound right if I want the ALO Rx Mk3.

I just hope it won't hiss with my Cayin C5.

My friend's SE535 hisses, a bit, but still.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Stopped the installing process and deleted GTA.
Took up over 130GB on my SSD.
That can't be right.
Will download the whole thing again tomorrow.

Why are you installing it on SSD? For faster loading?
Heck, it's 65GB game

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Just saw Kiniro Mosaic ep 2

 

So fluffy .....

 

Me smurking the entire time lol

Aaaw yiissh

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

 

Coppelion?

dat forgotten anime.

Tbh I really liked the theme of Coppelion, the kind of post-apocalypse like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I just wished there were more detailed guns and fight

post #150780 of 170242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

He lives near Lubeck. Probably near enough to visit it regularly/pretty often.

Exactly. I love the quiet little town I live in, but most my friends live in Lübeck, they have the better shops and restaurants there etc etc.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Coppelion?

Such a huge disappointment.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenberg View Post
 

Why are you installing it on SSD? For faster loading?
Heck, it's 65GB game

 

dat forgotten anime.

Tbh I really liked the theme of Coppelion, the kind of post-apocalypse like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

I just wished there were more detailed guns and fight

Faster loading (which is kind of important for open-world games) and because I have the space...or at least I thought so. All my games go on my SSD. My HDD is exclusively filled with pics and music.

The amount of BS was of the charts. Dropped it after four episodes or so.
Man, that schiit was bad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge