Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 9664

post #144946 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenberg View Post
 

I just realized, IS THAT A FIGURE OF RIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

post #144947 of 144954

Oh damn, guess the premium feeling wood might not be for me... I'm curious which amp did you demo it from?

HD600 actually never came to mind. I shall demo it and see how I feel about it!

post #144948 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

LCD-X.

Do you think it would play well with the HDVD800? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenberg View Post
 

 

Sometimes I don't understand how could people spend some grands on audio rig and still aren't satisfied.

Then Q701 maybe? Ahay~ the distant vocal might be caused by huge soundstage I presume? 

But if you're talking about forgiving then I'll have to recommend the same as mechgamer, the HD600/650 or even the cheaper 598

 

And Leila Malcal is best gurl

I love the HD800 for classical and songs that benefit from huge soundstage, I truly do. But the soundstage is also its downfall for other types of music... "distant vocal might be caused by huge soundstage" yeah I think so.

 

Q701 I heard that it might be picky with the amp. Would definitely give it a try though. Makes a great decoration on the desk too. They call it the "big figurine" on Chinese forums lol (Edit: Now that I think about it, big figurine should be K701, not Q :P)

 

And since there are multiple suggestions for HD6XX, I really have to try it out then :)


Edited by samuelnsh - Today at 2:18 pm
post #144949 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

I just realized, IS THAT A FIGURE OF RIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

 

Rin who?

According to the book, her name is Yayoi Hiiragi

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelnsh View Post
 

 

I love the HD800 for classical and songs that benefit from huge soundstage, I truly do. But the soundstage is also its downfall for other types of music... "distant vocal might be caused by huge soundstage" yeah I think so.

 

Q701 I heard that it might be picky with the amp. Would definitely give it a try though. Makes a great decoration on the desk too. They call it the "big figurine" on Chinese forums lol

 

And since there are multiple suggestions for HD6XX, I really have to try it out then :)

 

 

If you're reading about the Q701 from the thread, I'd suggest not to gulp down everything there as a whole.

Apparently I found the OP kinda likes exaggerate thing.

 

As far as I know from hearing the Sennheisers (my friend's, not mine), the Sennheiser is more forgiving. Because apparently, Expelled from Paradise's OST, EONIAN -English ver- by ELISA, has kinda bad mastering. I just couldn't enjoy it with my KNS 8400 and AKG K7XX, but with the 598 and 600, I enjoyed it.

Oh and btw the bad mastering is also confirmed by a friend of mine too.

 

_______________________

 

On another note

K7XX MASSDROP IS ALIVE AGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN

 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/akg-k7xx-massdrop-first-edition-headphones

 

but maybe only murican sheepping


Edited by Rozenberg - Today at 2:26 pm
post #144950 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelnsh View Post
 

Oh damn, guess the premium feeling wood might not be for me... I'm curious which amp did you demo it from?

HD600 actually never came to mind. I shall demo it and see how I feel about it!

The 5000's wood isn't that great. The Th900 doesn't even look like wood either. The W3000ANV though...

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenberg View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

I just realized, IS THAT A FIGURE OF RIN?!?!?!?!?!?!?

 

Rin who?

According to the book, her name is Yayoi Hiiragi

Natsume Rin from Little Busters. It looks a lot like her.

post #144951 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

The 5000's wood isn't that great. The Th900 doesn't even look like wood either. The W3000ANV though...

 

 

 

Natsume Rin from Little Busters. It looks a lot like her.

 

Oh you can't see the X clearly from my photo.

Sorry to crush your dream, but Yayoi has short twintails and an X hair clip on the left, but okay.... Both have cat ears in this case

post #144952 of 144954
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelnsh View Post

Q701 I heard that it might be picky with the amp.
Meeeeeeeeh there's so much hype for that. It's grossly over-exaggerated here in the hifi world. It's driven perfectly fine out of an iPhone 4S but people will give you crap about it.

I'd only recommend the K 701 if you're looking for a midrange monitor. It's lacking in weight in the bass, but the midrange has a hint of warmth. The soundstage is funky as heck though. It's basically left and right, no center.
post #144953 of 144954

Some people listen at ridiculous levels of volume. More than one person last head fi meet I went to maxed out my x5 while testing out my havi b3 pro 1.

post #144954 of 144954

I use amps because I love the sensation of smooth brushed metal and that rectangular shape

I even nearly lost myself when touching new SSD out of the box, it went like OH YES BABY OOOOH YEEES

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge