Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 896

post #13426 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Currently I'm not in the way for these soft songs. I like her regular conversation talk vernacular :) Many songs don't do it often so it's nice to hear it every now and then. ITs not super rare but it's not in every song... ever 1 in 3 there might be some from my experience.

 

 

I'm more into pop and rock right now :)

 

FINALLU!!! My peep!! I sometimes might look it up, but I barely ever listen to the lyrics, as long as it sounds good really does it make the list. Sounding good can be anything really but ....you know :)

 

I don't even know what 99.9% of my English songs are about and if you asked me what "X" song talked about.. I woudl look at the title and artist....and make some stupid thing up right there hahah!! :) 

 

 

I'm just going to put it this way. Words are a means to contort the human voice. The syllables and phrasing are what is key to making the vocals work, not necessarily the words themselves. The way those are used and sounded out through the vocal instrument is what leads me to like how the singer works with the music and gives the piece and the singer their very own signature sound. Just like people listen to a particular player of an instrument like Louis Armstrong, Lang Lang, or Yo Yo Ma, I like how certain people sound. And when I'm listening to the vocalist, I care for not what they are speaking about, but how it's expressed through the core of the words. That to me is a means to feeling the music and what it's all about. The words themselves are just guides to help lead you to the song. Now for the person performing, the words should mean all the world to them, that should be unmistakable, but as a singer myself, I have grown to learn that it is not what is being said, but how you say it. When people like to crack on things like "Crawwwwling in my skiiiiiiiiin" for being stupid lyrics, I just know I can't agree with them on most things from there on out. The song Crawling isn't expressed by the simple(and somewhat "emo" lol) lyrics that they gave, it's through those consonants and vowels that express the frustration, annoyance, and pain of something that can be emotionally impactful to a person. How the word crawling and skin are used to give that feeling of digging into one's conscious is what I feel among the rest of the music, not necessarily the corny ass lyrics.

 

Now I can appreciate some good lyrics and in rap/hip hop, my opinion flips because the lyrics are core to the genre and how it works. Even then, by principal rapping is just like singing so the vibe and flow of the rapper himself is just as important as to what they are saying. But at the end of the day, the human voice is just another part of the multifaceted part of the tracks I listen to and I think of it as an instrument and not the words it speaks. If I like a song enough, I may look up the lyrics but you know what? I can't understand half of what Michael Jackson says half the time and he's still my favorite artist. That speaks volumes to what I've been discussing and sends the point home.

post #13427 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

 

I'm just going to put it this way. Words are a means to contort the human voice. The syllables and phrasing are what is key to making the vocals work, not necessarily the words themselves. The way those are used and sounded out through the vocal instrument is what leads me to like how the singer works with the music and gives the piece and the singer their very own signature sound. Just like people listen to a particular player of an instrument like Louis Armstrong, Lang Lang, or Yo Yo Ma, I like how certain people sound. And when I'm listening to the vocalist, I care for not what they are speaking about, but how it's expressed through the core of the words. That to me is a means to feeling the music and what it's all about. The words themselves are just guides to help lead you to the song. Now for the person performing, the words should mean all the world to them, that should be unmistakable, but as a singer myself, I have grown to learn that it is not what is being said, but how you say it. When people like to crack on things like "Crawwwwling in my skiiiiiiiiin" for being stupid lyrics, I just know I can't agree with them on most things from there on out. The song Crawling isn't expressed by the simple(and somewhat "emo" lol) lyrics that they gave, it's through those consonants and vowels that express the frustration, annoyance, and pain of something that can be emotionally impactful to a person. How the word crawling and skin are used to give that feeling of digging into one's conscious is what I feel among the rest of the music, not necessarily the corny ass lyrics.

 

Now I can appreciate some good lyrics and in rap/hip hop, my opinion flips because the lyrics are core to the genre and how it works. Even then, by principal rapping is just like singing so the vibe and flow of the rapper himself is just as important as to what they are saying. But at the end of the day, the human voice is just another part of the multifaceted part of the tracks I listen to and I think of it as an instrument and not the words it speaks. If I like a song enough, I may look up the lyrics but you know what? I can't understand half of what Michael Jackson says half the time and he's still my favorite artist. That speaks volumes to what I've been discussing and sends the point home.

I can't understand half my music library and don't care to know what the other half says!! :)

 

When you say Crawling. You better mean "Crawling" by Linkin Park!! :)

 

I do agree on parts of your stuff really. It's just that when I say it in public, I get death stares from the people that love music.......... they love music but dont' love it enough to use somethig other than Apple Earbuds which is the problem.

post #13428 of 111023
post #13429 of 111023

Do you like Macross Bowei? Oh wait, forgot you don't like old animation....

post #13430 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Do you like Macross Bowei? Oh wait, forgot you don't like old animation....

I like Frontier ?? Macross Frontier...excellent series!!! Needs a rewatch soon. I'll be doing a watch of SZS right now!!~ :)

post #13431 of 111023

SZS ep 1 thoughts:

Hahah!! I need the OST for this! The OST sounds so good...but then the comedy just makes it hilarious to watch in.

 

Fuura chan is cute and sooo ... I don't know what to say, so optimistic but can also get jokes and dumb stuff like when she wrote it on the board.

 

I thought this wasn't going to have FanService......no.... they not only gave it ...but also a massive dose that any more of would be counted 16+.

 

Feels like Negima for some reason? The boys in the class seem to be ....not really focused on. Mainly just the girls.

 

However I am really interested in Fuura's house story...really interested.

 

Zetsubou Sensei's seiyuu sounds like Jun Fukuyama.... 

 

What a perverted anime...jeez.

post #13432 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

 

 

I'm just going to put it this way. Words are a means to contort the human voice. The syllables and phrasing are what is key to making the vocals work, not necessarily the words themselves. The way those are used and sounded out through the vocal instrument is what leads me to like how the singer works with the music and gives the piece and the singer their very own signature sound. Just like people listen to a particular player of an instrument like Louis Armstrong, Lang Lang, or Yo Yo Ma, I like how certain people sound. And when I'm listening to the vocalist, I care for not what they are speaking about, but how it's expressed through the core of the words. That to me is a means to feeling the music and what it's all about. The words themselves are just guides to help lead you to the song. Now for the person performing, the words should mean all the world to them, that should be unmistakable, but as a singer myself, I have grown to learn that it is not what is being said, but how you say it. When people like to crack on things like "Crawwwwling in my skiiiiiiiiin" for being stupid lyrics, I just know I can't agree with them on most things from there on out. The song Crawling isn't expressed by the simple(and somewhat "emo" lol) lyrics that they gave, it's through those consonants and vowels that express the frustration, annoyance, and pain of something that can be emotionally impactful to a person. How the word crawling and skin are used to give that feeling of digging into one's conscious is what I feel among the rest of the music, not necessarily the corny ass lyrics.

 

Now I can appreciate some good lyrics and in rap/hip hop, my opinion flips because the lyrics are core to the genre and how it works. Even then, by principal rapping is just like singing so the vibe and flow of the rapper himself is just as important as to what they are saying. But at the end of the day, the human voice is just another part of the multifaceted part of the tracks I listen to and I think of it as an instrument and not the words it speaks. If I like a song enough, I may look up the lyrics but you know what? I can't understand half of what Michael Jackson says half the time and he's still my favorite artist. That speaks volumes to what I've been discussing and sends the point home.

 

I'm very much the same way. The exception for me is music that was made with the specific purpose of trying to communicate a specific message, or concept albums where the lyrics are telling a story in which case its more fun and emotionally impactful to understand what's happening.

post #13433 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

I'm very much the same way. The exception for me is music that was made with the specific purpose of trying to communicate a specific message, or concept albums where the lyrics are telling a story in which case its more fun and emotionally impactful to understand what's happening.

I listen to the lyrics or go translate them if I really like the song and it's in a foreign language! :)

 

This is one of my favs right now.

 

Here's the analysis and iinterpretation from Vortex Blast!! Thanks man!

 

 

long post (Click to show)

 

I made a brief analysis here: Hope it helps. No translation because this is a song and translating a song doesn't make sense because it's all about the meaning, So I made an analysis on the meaning level.

 

 

Now, the problem for making me explain those three French sentences without context is difficult if it came from a song because that song "Raisonne - Aston Villa" has very metaphorical and vague lyrics for interpretation but it's fairly easy to understand.

It's basically a story of a woman going through her 3 phases of life: Childhood, Adolescence and Adulthood. This is evident on the verse lines and even more evident on the video but there's a back story in it, the story of that woman.

The first verse which I think you might already know the meaning:

 

Quote:
Je suis tellement jeune et belle
Avec les cheveux longs
Tous les délires m'appartiennent
Et quand je dis non c'est non

That verse explains childhood. "Tous les délires m'appartiennent", this sentence must be taken with a grain of salt because "délires" in the medical term means delusions but in the lyrics, I think he meant passions, excitations, enthusiasms, inspirations, strange childish things that children wants.

On the second verse:

Quote:
C'est moi la fraîcheur future
Je construit pour demain
La belle et grande aventure
Alors je monte le son
Alors je monte le son

 

This is adolescence so from 12 to 18 years. You need to think because the young teens are the future generation hence "C'est moi la fraicheur future" which roughly means "I am the youthfulness of the future". "fraîcheur" here doesn't mean freshness as in breath or meals but more for the age. It's an allegory for youth. You can guess for yourself for the next verses on this passage.

The third verse:

Quote:
A force d'user les mots
Sur toutes les portes closes
Je me suis acheté un sourire
En forme de mépris

 

Now this is where the true story begins and explains the title "Raisonne" but more on that later. I interpret this as the woman going into a professional life (as seen evidently on the video) but also a breakdown of a relationship (husband, fiancee, boyfriend... whatever) but I think that comes on the 4th verse.

If you see the woman on the music video, she is walking down the stairs, looking down, depressed, angry as if she has lost something important to her. It could be her job, her house or her dog, I don't know because the lyrics are so vague, they're open for interpretation.

Now, I can translate the first line but it's better if I explain the whole verse since translating a single line will do no good. 

This verse tells the story that she's tired of asking or searching for that "something" (line 1), but end up having nothing instead because she hasn't found the answer yet (line 2) so she decided to hide that feeling of emptiness from others by a smile (line 3) but that smile is actually as smile formed by regret because she hasn't found what she seeks.(line 4).

This verse is important because it's a turning point for her life. From joyful to hopeful to regretful.

Verse 4:

 

Quote:
J'ai profondément les nerfs
Quand tu m'trashes en plein vol
Quand tu brises mon zèle
Alors je monte le son
Alors je monte le son

This verse is interesting because the first line doesn't make sense. If translated literally, it'll come like this "I have deeply nerves". Even if you change deeply into deep, it will still not make sense but think if you look at the bigger picture and not the details, it's much clearer on what he truly meant. The first line means that she despise this somebody so much that her hate goes deeply into her nerves which means, she's truly irritated. The second and third line is a general depiction of what this somebody does to her to make her hate hit deep inside her nerves. So 2nd line roughly means: "when you're thrashing/undermining me when I'm doing my very best". For me "en plein vol" is not in a flight like in a plane or in a robbery but that phrase is a metaphor (if put in this context) of doing the best you can possibly do. Think of it, when someone strongly undermines you when you're so high or "flying" of  happiness, you're obviously going down like an airplane that caught fire. 3rd line is "When you break my zeal" which you can guess.

 

Now the chorus line is quite easy. "Alors je monte le son", "So I turn the sound up": "Je m'isole", "I isolate myself"; "Je cherche quelque chose", "I search for something" : "Qui raisonne", "That reasons with"

And that's what the title is Raisonne which means To reason with. The story of a woman that wants to find a reason to her life so she searches for it.

Hope that helps massively and if you need any help, just ask me. BTW if you ever need to present this song to your class, I would highly recommend showing the video to the class because it's a massive support for the lyrics and there's no point to translate the lyrics. Just explain the meaning of it. Understanding it is worth more than translating when it comes to analysing a song.

 

 

I'll be looking up what Sakura Drops right now!

 

And did! .....it's better when you didn't know sometimes. Yeah the lyrics mean stuff but it's not important in this songs case :/

 

 

 

Why did I post the video even though everyone knows the song??....Because the 19 year old Utada Hikaru is absolutely STUNNING!!

post #13434 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I listen to the lyrics or go translate them if I really like the song and it's in a foreign language! :)

 

I'll be looking up what Sakura Drops right now!

 

And did! .....it's better when you didn't know sometimes. Yeah the lyrics mean stuff but it's not important in this songs case :/

 

 

 

Why did I post the video even though everyone knows the song??....Because the 19 year old Utada Hikaru is absolutely STUNNING!!

 

I don't think I've yet to look up lyrics for any foreign language songs in my library.

 

Utada: Agreed!

post #13435 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

I don't think I've yet to look up lyrics for any foreign language songs in my library.

 

Utada: Agreed!

What??/.... Don't worry. I've only done it to like 2 of them so I won't say anything. And the song I posted to Bdawk "Superstar" I translated in my head so..yeah

 

I took screenshots of the best parts a few months ago when we were on this song... I was absolutely stunned by her! Especially the first two!

 

LL

 

900x900px-LL-cf5fa533_257125908LL.png

 

LL

 

LL

post #13436 of 111023
Oh herro utada
post #13437 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

Oh herro utada

 

oh hey.PNG

 

 

Haha, I'm sure you think she is mad hot back then! She is more mature now...and honestly. I prefer the cuter, more innocent less mature kind...although the now mature Utada has her own little flavor of course!

 

 

 

 

@Hai-by Chan

https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/home

 

.....now that is something I wish I had... >_<

post #13438 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

What??/.... Don't worry. I've only done it to like 2 of them so I won't say anything. And the song I posted to Bdawk "Superstar" I translated in my head so..yeah

 

I took screenshots of the best parts a few months ago when we were on this song... I was absolutely stunned by her! Especially the first two!

 

 

Nice! Haha.

post #13439 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by manveru View Post

 

Nice! Haha.

If I was a full blown Otaku and everything and wasn't into reality. I would call her my waifu... but I know it's just a dream :'( and... I don't even know what her personality is like...........but...using Ultrasone's is a good sign!!!! :) 

post #13440 of 111023
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

350x287px-LL-4ce2a60f_ohhey.PNG


Haha, I'm sure you think she is mad hot back then! She is more mature now...and honestly. I prefer the cuter, more innocent less mature kind...although the now mature Utada has her own little flavor of course!




@Hai-by Chan
https://sites.google.com/site/khromtor/home

.....now that is something I wish I had... >_<</div>

Utada is Utada and I'll always love her.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge