Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 8729

post #130921 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post

I suddenly realised I couldn't go to Nana Mizuki's concert even if I wanted to...

I have guard duty on that day frown.gif

I'm sure you will have a lot of fun defending Singapore against all the enemies that it doesn't have.


Beware those wanted to privatise rail and the terrorist groups trying to smuggle chewing gum!

post #130922 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 


Beware those wanted to privatise rail and the terrorist groups trying to smuggle chewing gum!

What are the penalties if the gums are found in SG?

 

Last time when i come i accidentally bring in one small pack but it wasn't picked out lol:blink:

post #130923 of 130931

Started watching Gankutsuou.
Now this is what I call visually impressive! Really really unique and cool stuff.
Since the story is loosely based on The Count of Monte Cristo, I can already kind of know what will happen (blabla escape from prison blabla treasure blabla revenge) but whateves :3


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - Today at 11:40 am
post #130924 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Started watching Gankutsuou.

Now this is what I call visually impressive! Really really unique and cool stuff.

Since the story is loosely based on The Count of Monte Cristo, I can already kind of know what will happen (blabla escape from prison blabla treasure blabla revenge) but whateves :3

It's actually one of the more accurate depictions of the book in visual media. Go figure.
post #130925 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


It's actually one of the more accurate depictions of the book in visual media. Go figure.

Is it? Okay.
Giving the whole sci-fi setting too much attention is a bad idea, I guess.

post #130926 of 130931

Going to sleep with the computer on really messes my body up...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

So now we have plot armor and....fashion armor?
Okay.

 

I was just thinking that since they went to the trouble of making her look so (arguably) good, they wouldn't kill her off so early on...but then again,

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the Umineko and Higurashi anime involve being killed over and over again, reincarnated into different worlds with different but similar circumstances, just like the visual novels.

 

Since you've seen every episode of The Simpsons, do you remember when they called Judas Priest death metal? Either the creators are clueless or they were trying to make the characters look that way. XD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaixax555 View Post

Picture please

 

Maybe soon. Too lazy at the moment. (Google Images doesn't have any good screenshots.)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

LOL!!!! Sadly I don't remember seeing this in Umineko....

 

Since the same company is behind both, they own the copyright, so they can just have one of the Umineko characters casually watching Higurashi on TV! hehe :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Mafuyu Shiina from Seitokai no Ichizon (picture above is from this series) refers to herself in third person. It's not a Seiyuu thing, it's a moe thing indeed!

 

Moe is another thing I am confused about, due to its many meanings. I guess "cute young girl" is the most common one.

 

But the third person thing is not always about that, since I have seen it in all sorts of situations.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Read all the scanslated chapters of the Legend of Koizumi.

Pretty funny. 8/10

It's a manga where world leaders fight against each other using mahjong. Extremely high level play mahjong, where people have a significant chance of getting an extremely good winning hand first turn.
From super aryan Hitler on the moon, to an alien prime minister of Japan, and the pope himself being more or less of equal skill to super aryan Hitler, the manga is just outright crazy. So crazy that it sometimes bores you, since it can't surprise you anymore. Still, I enjoyed reading it quite a bit. Especially after the very serious Akagi I just read the other day.

 

This reminds me of YuYu Hakusho when

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wealthy individuals bet on the outcome of a fight. One man places a wager over 66 trillion yen and wins!
post #130927 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

 

This reminds me of YuYu Hakusho when

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wealthy individuals bet on the outcome of a fight. One man places a wager over 66 trillion yen and wins!

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Too bad it was a fixed fight. Stupid Toguro brothers.
post #130928 of 130931
Just noticed in K-On's Seasons 1 OP, Mio's intro-scene in the only one with her in a tanktop while everyone was in their uniforms, not to mention her eyes look a little different from the usual. Part of me thinks they grabbed a fanmade pic of the original manga 4koma but I have yet to find the original artwork.. My search continues
post #130929 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Too bad it was a fixed fight. Stupid Toguro brothers.

 

I thought that added to the whole "corrupt and powerful men" theme. :D

 

Did you see all 112 episodes? What about the movies, OVAs, specials, and manga?

 

I can't believe how many anime my brother watched through with me, considering that he hates anime! He always has the funniest commentary.

post #130930 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

 

I thought that added to the whole "corrupt and powerful men" theme. :D

 

Did you see all 112 episodes? What about the movies, OVAs, specials, and manga?

 

I can't believe how many anime my brother watched through with me, considering that he hates anime! He always has the funniest commentary.

 

I saw all of the OVA and read all of the manga. The ending felt rushed. They could have fleshed it out and tied up loose ends. Also, really? Another tournament? How about some originality...

post #130931 of 130931
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

I saw all of the OVA and read all of the manga. The ending felt rushed. They could have fleshed it out and tied up loose ends. Also, really? Another tournament? How about some originality...

 

True, but I still enjoyed that last tournament.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Having it take place in the demon world was pretty interesting.

 

My brother and I always made fun of this:

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge