Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 8438

post #126556 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Hooray for filling out surveys for gift cards...I just redeemed some points for a GameStop giftcard. Now I'm set to buy Smash Bros. 3DS with it. XD

 

I got this with my GameStop points:

 

 

It's the most awkwardly hilarious Zelda show...oh wait, it's the only Zelda show! :D

 

 

I never use GameStop anymore. They sell used games as new, and I think they're scumbags in general.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Which is rather annoying, to be honest.
How about putting all these in spoiler tags? This way we don't have to scroll so damn much and you are saving the people who check this site on their phone some bandwith.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

 

There are only vocals in this, making it a capella. If they are digitally generated, they are still technically vocals.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Why didn't they just spend the profits of one of those DAP's to hire a cheap web designer and give them a website that at least looks half decent?
Yeah me too. Someday, I guess.

 

Yeah, the site looks like it's from the '90s.

 

Psycho-Pass is pretty darn good!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I am. There is no way this price is justified.

 

What did you hear with the Hugo? Most people who were impressed with it used it with high-end equipment.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 8/28/14 at 11:25am
post #126557 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post


Really like this song!

Sadly azusa doesn't sing anymore...

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post
 

Just noticed LiSa's voice is a little different since her Angel Beats days:

 

 



Maybe it's the mastering, but I prefer her older voice. It's rougher, less refined, but in a good way, organic and just so full of emotion.

Opposite case here..

Lisa is just an ok singer to me, the way she sings somewhat sounds like shouting.. Was quite surprised by and really like Rising Hope.

Ah btw, first single of GirlDeMo is the best to me :P

post #126558 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

 

Opposite case here..

Lisa is just an ok singer to me, the way she sings somewhat sounds like shouting.. Was quite surprised by and really like Rising Hope.

Ah btw, first single of GirlDeMo is the best to me :P


Her control definitely improved since then, I do notice that. But right now she sounds like a lot of pop singers, high-pitched voice instead of her older, deeper voice, and it shows even in Rising Hope. I loved Keep the Beats due to just how raw she sounds in it, she might be just singing covers, but her voice really made the songs her own, I'd even rated her 'My Song" equal to Iwasawa's, and I absolutely adore that version.


Crow Song? The one in episode 1 or LiSa's version?

post #126559 of 151111
Thread Starter 

No Zankyou no Terror this week? I guess it's mid-progress break for them then.

 

Hopefully next week isn't a recap episode.

post #126560 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post
 


Her control definitely improved since then, I do notice that. But right now she sounds like a lot of pop singers, high-pitched voice instead of her older, deeper voice, and it shows even in Rising Hope. I loved Keep the Beats due to just how raw she sounds in it, she might be just singing covers, but her voice really made the songs her own, I'd even rated her 'My Song" equal to Iwasawa's, and I absolutely adore that version.


Crow Song? The one in episode 1 or LiSa's version?


Hmm I don't like that 'shout whatever' feel, Rising Hope feels much more natural and mature.

Erm, I far prefer Iwasawa voice, not even comparison..

 

I actually meant that single/mini album, that three songs from Iwasawa are my favourites, with My Song on the top.

post #126561 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

No Zankyou no Terror this week? I guess it's mid-progress break for them then.

 

Hopefully next week isn't a recap episode.

I am really sad right now if this is going to be the case. 

post #126562 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Her control definitely improved since then, I do notice that. But right now she sounds like a lot of pop singers, high-pitched voice instead of her older, deeper voice, and it shows even in Rising Hope. I loved Keep the Beats due to just how raw she sounds in it, she might be just singing covers, but her voice really made the songs her own, I'd even rated her 'My Song" equal to Iwasawa's, and I absolutely adore that version.



Crow Song? The one in episode 1 or LiSa's version?

Mai Yamane ftw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Just noticed LiSa's voice is a little different since her Angel Beats days:








Maybe it's the mastering, but I prefer her older voice. It's rougher, less refined, but in a good way, organic and just so full of emotion.

The Angel Beats song had a much more raw mastering, but she seemed a bit... restrained.

Rising Hope was kinda awesome lol, but I like both. Good stuff.

And yea, not the most talented singer lol.

Not really anime related but does anyone else think Yuna Ito is a talented singer?

She kinda impresses me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I am really sad right now if this is going to be the case. 

Like you really had hope here. tongue.gif
Edited by vwinter - 8/28/14 at 12:09pm
post #126563 of 151111

 

Neat. 60 FPS version linked for download in description.

post #126564 of 151111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I am really sad right now if this is going to be the case. 

I was so looking forward to today.

post #126565 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post

Mai Yamane ftw.
The Angel Beats song had a much more raw mastering, but she seemed a bit... restrained.

Rising Hope was kinda awesome lol, but I like both. Good stuff.

And yea, not the most talented singer lol.

Not really anime related but does anyone else think Yuna Ito is a talented singer?

She kinda impresses me.

That's not what I meant! But Mai's voice sis something else, BLUE is 8/10 in my book.

That's what I meant, her control wasn't as good as it is now, she didn't know when to let loose or reign it in, but her voice plus the rawness of the album was what made it work for me. She's not the best, but I just really love her voice in "Keep the Beats" enough that I still listen to it rather often. Again, not to say her hasn't improved, but personally I prefer her older voice. Dunno, maybe it's my inner hipster talking

I like Rising Hope too, except for the occasional overedit in it. Felt they tried to do too much at certain parts.

Endless Story is the only song I know from her.
Edited by Exesteils - 8/28/14 at 12:38pm
post #126566 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post


Hmm I don't like that 'shout whatever' feel, Rising Hope feels much more natural and mature.
Erm, I far prefer Iwasawa voice, not even comparison..

I actually meant that single/mini album, that three songs from Iwasawa are my favourites, with My Song on the top.

I'm the opposite. I felt Rising Hope's mastering added nothing LiSA's voice in the song, some parts are pretty cluttered and her voice didn't shine through.

I love Iwasawa's voice, and yes, I would rate her 3 songs as my top5 in the series. You meant the GlDeMo album, Keep the Beats?

Edit: just realized you meant the Crow Song singles album that Marina release. orz


Best of both worlds.
Edited by Exesteils - 8/28/14 at 12:53pm
post #126567 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I was so looking forward to today.

+1

post #126568 of 151111
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

No Zankyou no Terror this week? I guess it's mid-progress break for them then.

 

Hopefully next week isn't a recap episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I am really sad right now if this is going to be the case. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I was so looking forward to today.

 

I thought episode 8 ("My Fair Lady") aired today.

post #126569 of 151111

Old (could've linked the previous thread before but whatever), but dat thread name:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=884186


Edited by Accoun - 8/28/14 at 1:15pm
post #126570 of 151111

 

Pokémon Orchestral Concert Tour Announced

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:

Brought to life by a symphony orchestra, accompanied by exciting visuals on giant screens, Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions will take audiences of all ages on a powerful musical retrospective through the popular video game franchise's most memorable melodies. With more than 260 million video games sold since its debut in 1996, Pokémon continues to provide memorable entertainment around the world. Pokémon: Symphonic Evolutions gives loyal fans and newcomers a chance to experience the evolution of the franchise through all-new orchestral arrangements with carefully timed visuals drawing from classic and recent Pokémon video games including:
 

  • Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue, Pokémon Yellow
  • Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, Pokémon Crystal
  • Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, Pokémon Emerald
  • Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl, Pokémon Platinum
  • Pokémon Black and Pokémon White
  • Pokémon X and Pokémon Y

 

Tickets are on sale now via MannCenter.org, Ticketmaster.com, 800-745-3000, or the Mann Box Office.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 8/28/14 at 1:27pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge