Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 8191

post #122851 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Like writing songs about everybodies favorite chuckle**** Lightning, right?

 

That had immense sentimental value, though! (Plus, it made a few people laugh.) Doing a hearing test is too boring for my tastes, until I start publishing audio reviews, at which time it would be of more practical use.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post

Is anyone playing nosgoth this weekend? This **** is so much fun!

 

Heyyy buddy! Haven't talked to ya in awhile. :normal_smile :

post #122852 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

It's probably due to improper testing conditions again.
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/blogs/mitchco/flac-vs-wav-part-2-final-results-155/

I've read that. It's a good test, but only uses a limited range of equipment. To really disprove these assertions, you would have to do the test using the systems of the people who made the claims, since the entire reason it supposedly sounds different is due to limitations and/or complications of said equipment.
Well I would trust these objective tests over others' undisclosed methods' claims, which don't have any real value behind them. Besides, if it really were due to other equipment, then I think it would be the fault of the equipment and not the file format itself, as concluded in Part 1 of the above test. I have yet to see statistically significant evidence that the format itself sounds different.
post #122853 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post

Is anyone playing nosgoth this weekend? This **** is so much fun!

I heard it's like L4D with vampires and magic. I'm slightly interested....
Steam name plox.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

That had immense sentimental value, though! (Plus, it made a few people laugh.) Doing a hearing test is too boring for my tastes, until I start publishing audio reviews, at which time it would be of more practical use.

No interest in boosting your audiophool ego? Wow. People here on HF went nuts with this test when it first came out.

post #122854 of 151692

Nosgoth is actually decent? I was so damned disappointed to see Squeenix reduce the once great LoK to some F2P ********. I really hope they take that dormant franchise and breathe some life back into it since vampires are hotter now than they've been in forever. 

post #122855 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post
 

Nosgoth is actually decent? I was so damned disappointed to see Squeenix reduce the once great LoK to some F2P ********. I really hope they take that dormant franchise and breathe some life back into it since vampires are hotter now than they've been in forever. 

Are they?

post #122856 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

One thing I don't like about xACT is that it leaves an encoder tag filled in.

You tried to natively install Linux on OS X? It is possible, but hardware support was very lacking back then. I'm not sure how it is now, but I installed Ubuntu and Windows XP on my 2008 aluminum MacBook back in 2009.

Isn't there a setting for that?

 

btw, did I mention my server is actually a mac mini?

I deeply regret getting it now but hey, it's usable.

post #122857 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Are they?

Yeah, that and zombies. Look at the global success of stuff like Twilight, Walking Dead and Young Adult fiction in general. That stuff's been "in" for awhile now

post #122858 of 151692

Oh man, this second Higurashi soundtrack has some exciting tracks.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Well I would trust these objective tests over others' undisclosed methods' claims, which don't have any real value behind them. Besides, if it really were due to other equipment, then I think it would be the fault of the equipment and not the file format itself, as concluded in Part 1 of the above test. I have yet to see statistically significant evidence that the format itself sounds different.

 

But you hear files + systems, not files by themselves. The fault would lie in how the equipment plays the files - everyone can agree on that in hypothetical terms. I trust the objective tests more as well, but until you conduct those tests on the systems of the ones making the claims (or at least more systems in general), they don't have nearly as much use.

post #122859 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post
 

Yeah, that and zombies. Look at the global success of stuff like Twilight, Walking Dead and Young Adult fiction in general. That stuff's been "in" for awhile now

Huh, I had the feeling the whole vampire thing died down quiet a bit.
Zombies are more popular than they ever were, though.

post #122860 of 151692
Ooooooooooooooooooo shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!! Jojo episode 19 was freakin intense! How do you even fight a Stand like that? : o
Mind = blown
post #122861 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ooooooooooooooooooo shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!! Jojo episode 19 was freakin intense! How do you even fight a Stand like that? : o
Mind = blown

Hmm, still need to catch up. I'm at ep 4 or so right now

The annoying thing is that I read JoJo only a few months ago. All of the little plot details are still fresh in my head, which makes it slightly boring to watch.
post #122862 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post

Is anyone playing nosgoth this weekend? This **** is so much fun!

Your opinion on Lisa turning a bit moe in this weeks episode?

post #122863 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post
 

Yeah, that and zombies. Look at the global success of stuff like Twilight, Walking Dead and Young Adult fiction in general. That stuff's been "in" for awhile now

 

Warning: memage! / image macro-ness! (Click to show)

 

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 85

 

CREATOR: gd-jpeg v1.0 (using IJG JPEG v62), quality = 90

 

 

 

 

I found some website that claimed vampires exist, but are merely afflicted by a virus giving them an iron deficiency. XD

 

Resident Evil is the only zombie franchise I care about. I can tolerate anime vampires as well.

post #122864 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

I've bricked my Mac by running Linux on it...

I installed Linux. Because of the tiny-ass harddrive I decided to remove OSX to safe space. Then when I got up with Linux due to driver issues I wasn't able to install Windows or OSX on the laptop again. It kept complaining about bad sectors on the harddrive and any operating system outright refuses to install.

So yeah, right now I've got a bricked mac sitting in a closet.

 

It's generally pretty hard to fully brick a computer. Mac does have some 'qualities' and considerations you need to take into place when doing Linux. 

 

Put in your Mac restore disk while hitting the key on the keyboard during bootup to boot to disk (forgot which one). Or go into Mac recovery (it should be fine)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

You do not understand the sadness that happens in me when my computer can't even run a Ubuntu GNOME virtual machine (regular Ubuntu w/ Unity is a bit...slow).

Doesn't your APU have virtualization acceleration built into the hardware 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


One thing I don't like about xACT is that it leaves an encoder tag filled in.

You tried to natively install Linux on OS X? It is possible, but hardware support was very lacking back then. I'm not sure how it is now, but I installed Ubuntu and Windows XP on my 2008 aluminum MacBook back in 2009. LOL old Mac OS desktop (Click to show)
178373_10151029775490709_378740845_o.jpg

I also almost died laughing at this
74113_501906305708_7756304_n.jpg
Battery Life ≤ 1 hour



@Music Alchemist
You should add the Zune HD to your mega wishlist. It certainly has some value.
 

 

 

 

That price...is so over fricking priced

post #122865 of 151692
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

It's generally pretty hard to fully brick a computer. Mac does have some 'qualities' and considerations you need to take into place when doing Linux. 

Put in your Mac restore disk while hitting the key on the keyboard during bootup to boot to disk (forgot which one). Or go into Mac recovery (it should be fine)

Recovery disk don't do a thing.

I don't remember the details since it's 2 years since I last tinkered with it, but I definitely did try that.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge