Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 8054

post #120796 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Yep, In fact I wrote 2 sociology essays on the series, It's not THAT bad TBH ;)

Despite that, I kept me entertained for over 100 hours.

 

EDIT: wait... are you talking about the animation total eclipse?

 

lol, I was talking about Blood-C the entire time. XD

post #120797 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

lol, I was talking about Blood-C the entire time. XD

LOL

post #120798 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 


Try listening first, you might well change your mind. ;)

 

This is real good stuff, I promise.

Oh I'm sure there are some nice songs in there! And I don't have a problem with the whole Vocaloid thing. it's the J-Pop/Rock that doesn't want to appeal to me.
That's more like it :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

Blood+ ticks many more of the usual check marks that would appeal to a mass audience. It has an exciting soundtrack, deep plot, extensive character development, thrilling action sequences, enough gore to satisfy horror fans, decent animation (though nowhere near as fancy as Blood-C), and to top it off, two of the English voice actors rose to fame from Hey Arnold!, the Nickelodeon cartoon.

So Blood-C does all this better in just three episodes (since the other ones seem to be a whole lot of nothing)?

post #120799 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

iPhone 5's and their soft frames...logic board where the WiFi antenna is is broken, but miraculously the phone still works.




Wow, that's amazing! :0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Where is that from!? O:
Here, apparently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

First time I haven't insta-saved a nekomimi pic here...
Those eyes. I can withstand alien eyes in clannad but for some reason this just really bothers me
What're you talkin' 'bout? They be moe as hell.

Warning: Moe! (Click to show)










Nope, not digging it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

@Mechgamer123
Good gawd this album is great, and it's Free! too!
http://macross82-99.bandcamp.com/album/a-million-miles-away
Bookmarking this so I can get it when I'm at home biggrin.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Where is that from!? O:
Pixiv :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThickGlasses View Post

 

xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 
First time I haven't insta-saved a nekomimi pic here...
Those eyes. I can withstand alien eyes in clannad but for some reason this just really bothers me
I do like these eyes!

Here, maybe you like this one more. Nothing special but still nice.

(Or is she wearing too much? ph34r.gif )
Paint Tool -SAI- JPEG Encoder v1.00
Meh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Lol, I can watch that later then after I get home. biggrin.gif


Same here, I found one on discogs but it was already sold frown.gif I also found a couple on yahoo auctions but they were selling for over $500 O.o


The only 007 I heard was at a meet along with the 009, and the guy said he had warm tubes in it for the 009, so the 007 sounded too warm and rolled off in the treble to me. It was warmer than all the lambdas I've heard. The 009 was about the same in the treble as the 202s, but the midrange sounded more aggressive. I guess at that point it's more about preferences though. At the least you should try and get a cheap lambda and if you like it, then you'll know you like electrostats, but if you don't like it then you probably won't like the 009 or most 'stats in general.


Why do you stay up all night though? redface.gif

Futurama and their intergalactic shenanigans...

Ever heard of Miranda Cosgrove? I got a remix CD of hers from Discogs that is so rare (despite having tracks on it that were radio hits) I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't have a copy.

I see. That is a rather brief experience, then. If I got those two, I would only use TOTL amps with them. From what little I have heard about Lambdas, I get the feeling that most of them are more harsh-sounding than the flagships.

I'm a creature of the night, that's why. lol. I don't have to report to an employer, so I set my own schedule.
Yeah... She actually made music though? And it was good???

Nah, not always, those 2 I mentioned (especially the 202) are rather soft sounding. Read the impressions for my 202 setup on the Seattle meet page to see what others thought of it as well. wink.gif

@b1o2r3i4s5
At least 1/3 of the music on rewrite was composed by TAM. :P
post #120800 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

@b1o2r3i4s5
At least 1/3 of the music on rewrite was composed by TAM. :P

LOL
Guess I'll start Rewrite soon.... I'm already playing 3 games at the same time, one more wouldn't hurt

post #120801 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Yeah... She actually made music though? And it was good???

 

She's my second favorite female vocalist, actually. Some of her music is slightly annoying bubblegum pop, but she also does pretty decent soft pop rock.

 

post #120802 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

So Blood-C does all this better in just three episodes (since the other ones seem to be a whole lot of nothing)?

 

It's not that simple. I'm about to fall asleep, but will post more helpful comparisons after I return.

 

In the meantime, since we're on the subject, if you want to see a scene I described as "dark, creepy, psychologically powerful and emotionally devastating" and "seriously upsetting and graphic" from one of the most highly regarded horror anime series out there, check out the spoiler box in this post.

post #120803 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

 

It's not that simple. I'm about to fall asleep, but will post more helpful comparisons after I return.

 

In the meantime, since we're on the subject, if you want to see a scene I described as "dark, creepy, psychologically powerful and emotionally devastating" and "seriously upsetting and graphic" from one of the most highly regarded horror anime series out there, check out the spoiler box in this post.

Wow. Thanks for reminding my why I never started watching this show.
Did not like that one bit (not even talking about the cringe-worthy dub).

post #120804 of 120810

Good morning everyone! Who's ready for an exciting day at work? Probably only me.

post #120805 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelCloris View Post
 

Good morning everyone! Who's ready for an exciting day at work? Probably only me.

I guess I would be.....if I had a job. A job that I actually like.

post #120806 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Wow. Thanks for reminding my why I never started watching this show.
Did not like that one bit (not even talking about the cringe-worthy dub).

 

Yeah, that scene makes me cry every time, especially with that music. I don't like horror movies, but I think a big part of the reason people watch horror-oriented things is to get that intense emotional experience...like everything you cherish is being stripped away, and only in that moment do you truly appreciate it all. Anyway, Blood+ and Blood-C are nothing like Higurashi (which is a much, much deeper anime).

post #120807 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

 

Yeah, that scene makes me cry every time, especially with that music. I don't like horror movies, but I think a big part of the reason people watch horror-oriented things is to get that intense emotional experience...like everything you cherish is being stripped away, and only in that moment do you truly appreciate it all. Anyway, Blood+ and Blood-C are nothing like Higurashi (which is a much, much deeper anime).

That's good! Really! If this anime has such an impact on you.
But this scene alone has so many elements in it that I try to avoid in every show that I watch....really not my thing.

Feel free to not like Psycho-Pass whenever you get to see it :beerchug:

post #120808 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

That's good! Really! If this anime has such an impact on you.
But this scene alone has so many elements in it that I try to avoid in every show that I watch....really not my thing.

 

What's even crazier is that much of the series seems innocent, almost like a children's show.

 

Which elements do you mean, apart from the violence itself?

post #120809 of 120810
post #120810 of 120810
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 

 

What's even crazier is that much of the series seems innocent, almost like a children's show.

 

Which elements do you mean, apart from the violence itself?

That's actually one thing that I don't like.
"Oh we are cute little innocent girls but we turn into psychopathic serial killers! Isn't that creepy and psycho and everything?"
Besides that...
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The character design is really bugging me. I just can't take these 80's Glam Rock wig wearing baloon heads serious. Too much. Same thing with the Clannad bug eyes.

I also can't stand these psycho murder faces. You know what I mean. "Look at my super super twisted grinning face! Yeah, you know I'm totally insane and evil blablabla."
It's just too much.

These generic "My love was rejected and I now have to violently stab people" plot is rather boring to me. I guess there is more to this whole scene but.....meh.
I generally don't really like murder stories that involve personal reasons like "this person betrayed me/cheated on me etc". Just not interesting to me most of the time.

Also have a few minor gripes. Why is this green haired chick having a fully equiped torture dungeon? Big ol' dumb wooden cross, a cell, variety of butcher knifes etc. Kind of stupid :|
And what's up with this 10-year old getting stabbed like 20 times without losing consciousness?
In one shot she looked like has only seconds to live but is totally fine in the next one when she starts talking about this bloke who loved her or whatever.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge