Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7982
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Get 10 from Amazon at an exorbitant price. Problem solved. So many perfect solutions on this earth.
Edited by ThickGlasses - 7/23/14 at 3:31pm
I guess we mastered the sacred art of opening-your-windows-in-the-morning-to-let-a-lot-of-cool-air-in-and-then-closing-all-of-them-plus-curtains-during-the-day-till-evening-when-you-open-them-again-jutsu.
Or something like this.
Small fans are also pretty useful and waaaay less expensive.
The good thing is that the ckr9s cost $210 with shipping through amazon japan + tenso.
If you can, try to audition these. They are priceless for the bass quality and quantity. The balance of this iem is also whats amazing, theres only a slight forwardness to the uppermidrange, and thats about as much as i can assess from my experience with them.
Good luck searching for THE earphone!
Edit: should have read everything.
Sorry about that, glad you boughtcthe shures! Enkoy them!
Edited by vlenbo - 7/23/14 at 3:57pm
I'm pretty sure it's from the Depth of Field specials.
Probably V0 LAME MP3 or 256 kbps AAC.
Most people won't be able to tell the difference.
^ Include are 3 files: 1 original 24/96 recording in FLAC, 1 320 kbps AAC, and 1 V0 MP3
One of the two lossy files was converted from the other
Yeah, I caved in and listened to the tracks before going to sleep.
From my laptop, everything sounds bad anyway, so via computer playback, all the tracks sounded the same.
It was only when I put them on the iPod that I could hear enough extra detail to differentiate between them - but again, the audible differences are small, at least with my $550 portable setup.
The first track has slightly more focus, tightness, punch, clarity, detail, brightness, separation, extension, and tonality. You can hear into the attack and echoes of the percussion better. The instruments sound just a little bit more lush.
I immediately noticed that the other two tracks sound a little dry, flat, muffled and distant, with more bloated bass in comparison to the first track.
I would say the third track is the lowest quality. I can hear and feel a tiny bit of extra distortion that gives me more of a headache.
If you're just listening casually, you may not notice any of these differences; it requires paying closer attention. It was easier for me to hear differences between lossless and lossy versions of some of my own CD rips.
Anyway, this is a cool song. Sorry I couldn't properly ABX it.
V0? I couldn't even dream of having such a high quality format.
YouTube quality is more than good enough for me!
At one point during my journey I was really pedantic about file formats, and then I just got honest with myself and decided, it doesn't freaking matter one bit.
Some YouTube links sound okay, while others are so distorted that it's painful to listen to. (In these cases, the CD literally sounds ten times better than those bad links.)
It matters more than a bit when the sound quality is all but eviscerated in 25% of the YouTube links I go to...
I wish Head-Fi had a high-five emoticon.
I've only known Spada for a short while, but he's already my favorite member here! =D
Fu.ck gifs, this is the only "I can fap to this" image you'll ever need.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
For those unaware, this photo is of Richard D. James, best known for his electronica band Aphex Twin.
There's a Teen Titans parody series called Teen Titans Go! where (I think) they intentionally made it as stupid as possible, in a comedic way. (The original Teen Titans is very dark and serious for a kid's show.)
It's like...from this:
The Dillinger Escape Plan did a great cover of "Come To Daddy"...I also randomly met the mother of one of the band members in a grocery store.
(The rest of this EP is much crazier. Essential material if you're into experimental metal, hardcore, metalcore, mathcore, etc.)
Thanks guys. Need some dumb, wacky show to just chill out to. Working on laying some wall/cove base in my house. Then I gotta drive some drywall anchors into the ceiling so I can affix some new registers to the vents/ductwork, and figure out what the hell is up with my central A/C. **** sucks
All I heard was "I'm MacGyver."
If you receive email notifications, you can consult them to restore your reply to its former glory.
Dillinger Escape Plan is pretty sweet. Love Mike Patton
Is anyone even using that feature?
Too bad he only did session vocals on that one release.
I am so the opposite of Millhouse...
How else would you know when people quote/mention you? I haven't seen on-site notifications for that, apart from perusing threads manually.
That's not what I wanted to imply!
By reading through all the posts? No one is really using that feature anyway.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Band Name Game II 16 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 21 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-500 = Waste of Money (and general discussion) 54 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › A Concise View of Why The ATH-M50 is No Longer King 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 vsonic iem lineup VSD2, VSD7, VSD9 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2