Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7903

post #118531 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Trippppp post....as nobody is awake frown.gif

But we got 6/10 spots yesterday! YAY!



Now that's something you dont see everyday. biggrin.gif
post #118532 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Now that's something you dont see everyday. biggrin.gif

At one time, we got as close as 8/10 or 9/10 members filling the top ten of the day

 

We never got 10/10 though :(

post #118533 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Trippppp post....as nobody is awake :(

 

But we got 6/10 spots yesterday! YAY!

 

 

I'm awake! I went to sleep at like 6 p.m. EST lol.

 

Hip hip hooray! Now to convince the collective to post more... It wouldn't be too difficult to orchestrate a perfect 10!

 

By the way, I noticed Clannad is one of your favorites. Do you think it would be a good choice for my next anime? A member who doesn't post in this thread recommended it to me privately a while ago.

 

I saw the Samurai X OVAs too, but not most of the others on your list.

 

Did you see Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc? It's rated TV-MA, which is funny because it's Kenshin.

 

From this source: "A series of two theatrical movies, retelling the story of the second arc/season, was announced in April 2011. Part 1 titled Rurouni Kenshin: Shin Kyoto-Hen Zenpen Homura no Ori ("Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc Part I: Cage of Flames") premiered on December 17, 2011 and ran at Tokyo's Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro theater and Osaka's Cine-Libre Umeda theater for one week only.[6] It was released on DVD and Blu-ray on March 21, 2012."

 

Oh, and it's available on Hulu, so anyone who's interested in the newest Kenshin material can click this link.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 7/18/14 at 10:59pm
post #118534 of 137903
It's only 22:30 in Western USA.


Phones without screen protectors? What kind of blasphemy is this? Ghost Armor and Invisible Shield are in some serious trouble now.

*Yeah I don't have any protection on my 4S; dis stuff is well-engineered enough to withstand most daily use and I ain't going to waste $50 on some mega thick iPhone case or some clunky, grease-magnet screen protector
post #118535 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

It's only 22:30 in Western USA.


Phones without screen protectors? What kind of blasphemy is this? Ghost Armor and Invisible Shield are in some serious trouble now.

*Yeah I don't have any protection on my 4S; dis stuff is well-engineered enough to withstand most daily use and I ain't going to waste $50 on some mega thick iPhone case or some clunky, grease-magnet screen protector

 

I don't use military time. I always wondered why phones don't just use bulletproof glass and aircraft-grade titanium alloy...oh yeah. Cost. :/

post #118536 of 137903
idk but I've been using and dropping my lumia 920 pretty regularly without a case so i'm always confused when people say they need a case... but i can't expect everyone to convert to WP :'D

apple bought a sapphire production company sometime in the last 2 years so here's what came out of that. no other company has the resources to produce this on their display because sapphires don't grow on trees so this is just a premium thing for apple only in the near future, which makes sense given their business model. honestly you can basically assume someone's a clubber/partyer/pubber if their screen is broken. literally like 90% of broken screens are from dropping it in a bar/club/party.
post #118537 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

 

I checked out your profile. Is it Final Fantasy and zombies or Final Fantasy zombies? XD

 

What electronica bands do you like?

post #118538 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

idk but I've been using and dropping my lumia 920 pretty regularly without a case so i'm always confused when people say they need a case... but i can't expect everyone to convert to WP :'D

apple bought a sapphire production company sometime in the last 2 years so here's what came out of that. no other company has the resources to produce this on their display because sapphires don't grow on trees so this is just a premium thing for apple only in the near future, which makes sense given their business model. honestly you can basically assume someone's a clubber/partyer/pubber if their screen is broken. literally like 90% of broken screens are from dropping it in a bar/club/party.
Well at least you have the option to say "it's a Nokia." XD

The only times I've dropped my iPhone was on the bus when I fell asleep listening to music and it fell out of my hands. A few scratches can be seen near the edge of the glass on the back, but nothing serious.

And yeah, the impulse from a drop is probably more likely to damage your screen than the sandpaper people carry in their pocket; because people always put sandpaper in their pocket. Not much you can do about that unless you buy a mega-bulky $50 so-called impact resistant case.

Seriously? Are you really that much of a klutz to need this? This stupid case just makes your phone 100% more obese.




And screen protectors are mostly useless too in my opinion. Apple engineered their glass to have an oleophobic coating on it to resist fingerprints and grease. Put a screen protector on it and you basically just made that feature useless.
Edited by miceblue - 7/18/14 at 11:10pm
post #118539 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

We're actually still pretty peaceful compared to all the fighting that has gone on in the 20th century.

 

Oh yeah, I've read various articles talking about how, despite all the problems, we actually live in the most safe and prosperous time in history.

Not sure about prosperous, considering every country is in debt nowadays, I'd say for America at least, we were the most prosperous in the '90s. Peaceful though, yes. At least in the civilized world.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Don't get too far ahead of yourself, start with some better universal IEMs before moving onto customs. Try and get some dynamic drivers that deliver actual, audible levels of bass!

 

I'm quite the amateur. I have little enough knowledge of headphones, and less so of IEM's. Surely there's a good recommendations thread somewhere around. I'll have to look around. (Psst: shameless request! Feel free to recommend some budget options if it's not too much trouble.)

That's okay, we all start out in the same position! :)

I'd suggest reading Joker's IEM review, they're some good reading, and fairly accurate from my experience, just keep in mind he prefers brighter headphones and may have different priorities for judging an IEM's score than you.

It depends on your budget. On the super low, Xiaomi Pistons are pretty good, I've heard good things about the Ostry KC06 too, along with the Zero Audio Tenore. It really depends on your preferred sound signature, and how tolerant you are to harshness.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spada05 View Post


I'm actually rather happy with my Q701s, I have an ever expanding library of good tracks to listen to. The issue I'm having currently is at work, where I spend most of my listening hours. I can only have IEMs, and my current pair is lacking.



Let's continue to derail this thread!

I went IEM and chose the Etymotic ER4S.
It has a VERY similar sound signature to the Q701, but leans a bit more to the K701 in terms of bass quantity.
Sound stage is great because of the instrument separation. I'd have to say it's a tad better than the Q701's because these can do better center imaging.
However, the tri-flange makes my eyes water when I insert them though. Currently in the process of finding similar flange replacements.

I had two choices when going for IEM's.
Open air, warm, large soundstage = Sony 7550
Or extreme isolation, neutral (93% accuracy as advertised), similar sound signature to Q701 = ER4S

Hmm, AKG fanboys, do the newer K701s sound exactly like the Q701s? Or is the Q701 just as harsh in the treble as the K?

If so, I'll have to disagree with you. The ER4-something I heard the other night was listenable, quite so. There was no harshness in the treble like I heard on the K701. Not only that but I was surprised by the bass, it's probably one of the best balanced armature bass presentations I've ever heard.

 

In terms of funness though, I still really enjoy the XBA-H3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwinter View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Well apparently at least one person (the top commenter) wasn't working and had the balls to ask all the right questions!

As soon as I started reading his comment, I thought:

iJIW89B.gif

Dude came with his A game. As in, that **** was orchestrated. They came from every direction, A game.

Yep! That was a well written post.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=857527

 

So apparently the original Xbox has a capacitor instead of a battery to take care of the internal clock... and it doesn't take time/conditions well, which may cause in it leaking and corrosion/ruining the motherboard. Pre-1.6 (older than from 2004) models can work without it, just needing to set time and date after each boot. Newer models need it to work, so it has to be replaced, not just removed.

 

gg Microsoft.

Damn, pretty sure I have a 1.6 or later since my original xbox was bought in 2004-ish...

I should check my chipped xbox and free consoles I got as well

post #118540 of 137903

Weird, I posted after typing and being distracted for a while, and I got a PHP error on Head-fi, thought I'd lost all my typing, but it looks like it still posted! (shrug)

 

Protip everyone: When cleaning out a fan that hasn't been cleaned in 13 years, do NOT wear a black shirt, and do it outside...

post #118541 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Not sure about prosperous, considering every country is in debt nowadays, I'd say for America at least, we were the most prosperous in the '90s. Peaceful though, yes. At least in the civilized world.

 

Definitely not financially prosperous - that area is the worst it's ever been. (Some would say the prosperity of the '90s was part of the bubble that burst.)

 

But scientifically, technologically, etc., the human race has come a long way, and it's progressing even more rapidly. Too bad things like solving world hunger are more a problem of distribution than production.


Edited by Music Alchemist - 7/18/14 at 11:28pm
post #118542 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Weird, I posted after typing and being distracted for a while, and I got a PHP error on Head-fi, thought I'd lost all my typing, but it looks like it still posted! (shrug)

 

Protip everyone: When cleaning out a fan that hasn't been cleaned in 13 years, do NOT wear a black shirt, and do it outside...

 

Why not a black tshirt:blink:

post #118543 of 137903

Over the years, I've developed a technique to help me cope with mosquito bite infested appendages. 

 

Just imagine you're missing an arm or leg. It isn't your arm, it's a robot arm :3. 

post #118544 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Trippppp post....as nobody is awake :(

 

But we got 6/10 spots yesterday! YAY!

 

Remember the time we took 8 or 9 spots on that list daily? Good times :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

At one time, we got as close as 8/10 or 9/10 members filling the top ten of the day

 

We never got 10/10 though :(

Yeah this.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Alchemist View Post

 

I'm awake! I went to sleep at like 6 p.m. EST lol.

I never understood all these time zone names, why can't everyone just use UTC+n?
Much more intuitive IMO.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

It's only 22:30 in Western USA.


Phones without screen protectors? What kind of blasphemy is this? Ghost Armor and Invisible Shield are in some serious trouble now.

*Yeah I don't have any protection on my 4S; dis stuff is well-engineered enough to withstand most daily use and I ain't going to waste $50 on some mega thick iPhone case or some clunky, grease-magnet screen protector


LOL is this like apple's conspiracy to get people to try and destroy their phones and boost sales???

post #118545 of 137903
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Over the years, I've developed a technique to help me cope with mosquito bite infested appendages. 

 

Just imagine you're missing an arm or leg. It isn't your arm, it's a robot arm :3. 

 

Haha. A teacher once told me that most people are allergic to mosquito bites and that's what gives you the itchy bump. He claimed to not be allergic, and thus not affected.

 

When I lived in Florida, I learned that a university genetically engineered lovebugs to deal with the mosquito problem there. They eliminated the mosquitos - but now, there are millions of love bugs everywhere! (According to the link, though, this story is just an urban legend.)


Edited by Music Alchemist - 7/18/14 at 11:39pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge