or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7792

post #116866 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

DRAMAtical Murder Episode 1 (or DMMd)

 

My most anticipated anime this season because I love the VN and am curious to see how they'll execute the anime adaptation.

As I have already played and absorbed the full story in the VN, this first episode for me comes with no surprises but I was extremely pleased that it followed the VN rather well with some little changes here and there. For a first episode, DMMd is a hundred times better than Nitro+Chiral last effort which was the atrocious, badly adapted Togainu no Chi.

Seeing DMMd dynamically and moving brought a smile to my face it just feels more alive than looking at a static image. Though it does suffer some framerate issues during panning sequences.

The character design retains the absolutely impeccable and beautiful style of honeyalala but it's really not as beautiful and as clean as the VN.

The Rhyme sequence was also a very well animated.

Now I'm just wondering what route will they choose.

 

For those who haven't played the VN, the first episode might be confusing because it doesn't explain very much.

 

Also to note. There's no hint of Yaoi in this first episode. There's a bit of shonen-ai and good looking men but if you're allergic to that well I can't help you.

 

Chibi Aoba is sooo cute!

 

I will continue to watch it just to see how much they'll make it more awesome or how much they'll destroy it.

I just hope it's not the latter.

 

Woah~ Never knew you were a fan of BL games.

I run away at the sight of BL/Yuri tags :p

post #116867 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

 

Woah~ Never knew you were a fan of BL games.

I run away at the sight of BL/Yuri tags :p

 

If I'm a fan of BL games, I would already have an aarinfantasy account lol (look it up if you don`t know what it is).

In my repertoire of VNs, I only played 3 BL games: Togainu no Chi, DMMd and DMMd: reconnect.

 

I don't remember how I stumbled on Togainu no Chi (maybe because Gen Urobuchi was involved in it) but with DRAMAtical Murder it was because I love the art style and the character design. It just happens that it has a very good story and very charming characters.

 

The BL scenes were just a compliment in the game and in no way are they important to the story.


Edited by VortexBlast - 7/6/14 at 12:56pm
post #116868 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Wait for the Nekoworks game coming out in august biggrin.gif

O golly am I excited!

I think I'll lay next to my Neko Works daki in anticipation! Yonillo, u such kawaii desu ne
post #116869 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Akame Ga Kill 1: Lolwut?

Pretty good, I guess. MC wasn't all that likable for me at first. Still not sure what to think of him. Story is a bit dark otherwise (IMO quite normal though).

While I do get that the story is meant to be dark and I do dislike little Missy. But the overall feel of the episode was too lighthearted for any impact to really hit home. Oh well.
post #116870 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

If I'm a fan of BL games, I would already have an aarinfantasy account lol (look it up if you don`t know what it is).

In my repertoire of VNs, I only played 3 BL games: Togainu no Chi, DMMd and DMMd: reconnect.

 

I don't remember how I stumbled on Togainu no Chi (maybe because Gen Urobuchi was involved in it) but with DRAMAtical Murder it was because I love the art style and the character design. It just happens that it has a very good story and very charming characters.

 

The BL scenes were just a compliment in the game and in no way are they important to the story.

Never knew gen was involved in the CHiRAL team lol

 

Someone actually recommended Togainu no Chi to me a few years back but I've always been allergic to homosexuality (both genders) for some reason.... not quite sure why.

post #116871 of 158451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


While I do get that the story is meant to be dark and I do dislike little Missy. But the overall feel of the episode was too lighthearted for any impact to really hit home. Oh well.

Agreed. It seems more like a comedy right now.

 

They couldn't make Tatsumi a bit more likable? Or it's possibly my dislike of naive, pompous boys.

post #116872 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Just make sure you're not overworking your self, as that could be a huge source of stress. I know I was overworking myself the last month or two, but I kept up because I knew I'd have the relieve of summer vacation. I had stress and I was constantly tired. Not good.

Stress and panda don't mix. I can assure you that :(

 

Still don't know what my course of action is gonna be though. 

post #116873 of 158451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Stress and panda don't mix. I can assure you that :(

 

Still don't know what my course of action is gonna be though. 

At least you don't have anybody to bug you. My parents don't want me sitting in the house (nothing wrong with not wanting your kid to do that) but want me to get a job at Stop & Shop and McDonalds (WHY?!). Not very happy with them right now. At this point I don't feel like doing anything when they're home.

post #116874 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Stress and panda don't mix. I can assure you that frown.gif

Still don't know what my course of action is gonna be though. 

Smoke weed every day, and you'll be fine. (and high)
post #116875 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Never knew gen was involved in the CHiRAL team lol

 

Someone actually recommended Togainu no Chi to me a few years back but I've always been allergic to homosexuality (both genders) for some reason.... not quite sure why.

 

He handled the supervision and general direction of the game. Not sure what that consists of but he was in it.

The game's storyline is very grim and dark and the MC isn't very interesting at first (he's the closed minded type) but he gradually transforms and begins to care for others but out of all the available routes there's only like 2 that were interesting. The others not so much.

The anime is atrocious though, avoid it like the plague.

 

With DMMd, I enjoyed all routes and it was generally way more interesting than Togainu no Chi.


Edited by VortexBlast - 7/6/14 at 1:21pm
post #116876 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

At least you don't have anybody to bug you. My parents don't want me sitting in the house (nothing wrong with not wanting your kid to do that) but want me to get a job at Stop & Shop and McDonalds (WHY?!). Not very happy with them right now. At this point I don't feel like doing anything when they're home.

Get a job at a computer repair shop. Easy work, better pay, and you won't be a runt in a stop and shop. 

 

Plus, it would help because then I won't have to walk into S&S one day, see you trying to stock the top shelf, and jump helplessly trying to get the bottle on the shelf

 

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Smoke weed every day, and you'll be fine. (and high)

That is actually a valid option....but no goes still sadly

post #116877 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


While I do get that the story is meant to be dark and I do dislike little Missy. But the overall feel of the episode was too lighthearted for any impact to really hit home. Oh well.


The overall animation style feels too light for the anime if you ask me. Still good overall imo but the animation style hinders it somewhat.

 

Aldnoah.Zero looks like its got potential but I'll need another episode until I solidify my judgement. Things escalated quickly.

 

Barakamon was entertaining. Its been a while since I read the manga and the first episode was great fun.

 

Tokyo Ghoul, I liked how they started it off. It set the tone real well. While I don't like how they showed Yamori right away the episode did a great job at displaying the psychological aspect of the manga so far.

 

Still need to wait for a few more episodes of everything else before I decide what to watch though. Glasslip does seem interesting but the first episode kinda raised some confusion. I'm waiting on Tokyo ESP and to a lesser extent Blade Dance.

post #116878 of 158451
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Get a job at a computer repair shop. Easy work, better pay, and you won't be a runt in a stop and shop. 

 

Plus, it would help because then I won't have to walk into S&S one day, see you trying to stock the top shelf, and jump helplessly trying to get the bottle on the shelf

Is there one around here? If you say Best Buy, I'm going to kill you. Going in there feels like I'm surrounded by idiots (there's usually that one guy who actually knows what he's doing though and when he's trying to market the stuff there he looks like he's in pain).

 

Anyways, thinking about watching Jinsei because it's been awhile since I've watched a SoL. Don't see anybody subbing that though.

post #116879 of 158451

I've been drawing like crazy lately after a hiatus.

Looking at it I think I have improved somewhat. All drawings below are work in progress except that neko "nyaa" girl.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What do you think?

post #116880 of 158451
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

At least you don't have anybody to bug you. My parents don't want me sitting in the house (nothing wrong with not wanting your kid to do that) but want me to get a job at Stop & Shop and McDonalds (WHY?!). Not very happy with them right now. At this point I don't feel like doing anything when they're home.

Please don't take that job.

I have a feeling your intelligence will drop a couple points by doing such a job. Try learning a skill if you don't want to work, and convince your parents that said skills is useful. E.g. a language, or a programming language, or studying from a textbook on a subject of choice (I recommend mathematics).
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge