or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7784

post #116746 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

My eyes!
Too girly eek.gif

This.... Can't believe I managed to sit through the whole episode...

Well anyhow, my curiosity for the sailor moon series is well quenched. I'll probably never touch it again, not with a poopy stick a mile away.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

The OP is so ******* cheesy.

I'm a fan of Momoiro Clover ;)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

When you say Haruka Kanata, I keep thinking of this song from Little Busters...

 

 

LOL, one does not watch Jojo while eating food...

Yup, 4 of us AAML members watched it last night at my house. :D

Hmm.. I don't see the resemblance..

 

Yeah lesson learned the hard way. :(

post #116747 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

This.... Can't believe I managed to sit through the whole episode...
Well anyhow, my curiosity for the sailor moon series is well quenched. I'll probably never touch it again, not with a poopy stick a mile away.

We once watched 3 episodes of the Dutch dubs of the show in my anime club, other than an amusing upbeat happy hardcore intro, it was pretty darn boring.
post #116748 of 158349

Well after watching the first episode of Aldnoah.Zero I know which mecha anime to look forward for this season well there's only two anyway.

It starts slow but gradually ups the tension at the end and basically sets the general tone that will only go downhill between the earthlings and the martians. 

Now I just don't want it to pull another Valvrave. Two was enough, don't let Aldnoah.Zero be a 24 episode victim of Valvraveitis.

post #116749 of 158349

And for a moment I thought that Shinsekai yori (From the New World) might have been a bit inspired by this symphony.



But nothing Dvorak said about it points towards my suspicion :P
 

Quote:
"I am convinced that the future music of this country must be founded on what are called Negro melodies. These can be the foundation of a serious and original school of composition, to be developed in the United States. These beautiful and varied themes are the product of the soil. They are the folk songs of America and your composers must turn to them."


I'm pretty sure a lot of you know the 4th movement ;)
Also played during one of the countless boss battles in Asuras Wrath.
Oh Asura.....the only two emotions you know are boundless rage and barely contained rage ♥


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 7/5/14 at 1:50pm
post #116750 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

Well after watching the first episode of Aldnoah.Zero I know which mecha anime to look forward for this season well there's only two anyway.

It starts slow but gradually ups the tension at the end and basically sets the general tone that will only go downhill between the earthlings and the martians. 

Now I just don't want it to pull another Valvrave. Two was enough, don't let Aldnoah.Zero be a 24 episode victim of Valvraveitis.

Not gonna happen!
Urobutcher in charge!
It's going to be super awesome.....or at least I hope so.

post #116751 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Not gonna happen!
Urobutcher in charge!
It's going to be super awesome.....or at least I hope so.

Yep! And I hope he has a lot more creative control in this one than he did for Gargantia.

Let the Butchering commence. :D 

 

Now let's see what new still unaired anime is left for me: DRAMAtical Murder, Love Stage!!, Zankyou no Terror, Tokyo ESP, Psycho-Pass Remastered and Akame ga Kill.

That's a lot.


Edited by VortexBlast - 7/5/14 at 1:54pm
post #116752 of 158349
Thread Starter 

Aldnoah.Zero 01: Not bad. Better that SAO II. Looking forward to see what this has to offer.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kind of hoping the princess would have played a bit more of a role before she was murdered. Kind of hoping she comes back, although probably not going to happen since...missles, you know...

Edited by HybridCore - 7/5/14 at 2:15pm
post #116753 of 158349
Watching Ping Pong.
Haven't watched since ep 5, now at ep 9. This show is incredible.
post #116754 of 158349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Watching Ping Pong.
Haven't watched since ep 5, now at ep 9. This show is incredible.

Why would you ever go on a hiatus from that show? :p

post #116755 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Why would you ever go on a hiatus from that show? tongue.gif

Work was crazy the last month or two. I was working 55 hours or more, and in the weekends I didn't even feel like watching anime. I did some gaming instead.
post #116756 of 158349
Finished the first episode of Aldnoah.Zero.

Pretty cool! Enjoyed it quiet a bit :)
Kalafina ED ftw.

Interesting to see that it's set in 2005. Explains some things that initially made me scratch my head.
The only thing that is a bit dumb IMO, is that every Martian has to have to have a name that sounds like somebody with a severe case of dyslexia tries to read a German dictionary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Aldnoah.Zero 01: Not bad. Better that SAO II. Looking forward to see what this has to offer.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Kind of hoping the princess would have played a bit more of a role before she was murdered. Kind of hoping she comes back, although probably not going to happen since...missles, you know...

A lot better than SAO II, if you ask me.
I just hope that they don't focus too much on the mechs.....

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm almost 100% sure that she is not dead and will make a comeback. That was most likely a double that got killed.
or maybe she is dead because Urobutcher.
post #116757 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I did some gaming instead.

You played through the Mass Effect series, right?
Favorite character? :3

post #116758 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

You played through the Mass Effect series, right?

Favorite character? :3

Mordin. His speech patterns were absolutely awesome.
post #116759 of 158349
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

A lot better than SAO II, if you ask me.
I just hope that they don't focus too much on the mechs.....

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
I'm almost 100% sure that she is not dead and will make a comeback. That was most likely a double that got killed.
or maybe she is dead because Urobutcher.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Really hope they do because from the amount of time spent with her in the first episode she's a pretty likable character. Would be a really dick move to finish her off immediately.

BTW any history people here the way this war started really reminds me of World War I.

post #116760 of 158349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


Mordin. His speech patterns were absolutely awesome.

Absolutely.
By far the most interesting and likeable character of this nutty bunch.
His whole backstory and motivation are just so much better than Garrus, Liara etc etc.
I think my second favorite is Tali....mainly because of the history and culture of her people.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge