or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7699

post #115471 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I've had both DITAs and the Tenore. I wouldn't say "not even close", not in a heart beat. I actually sold both DITAs after I got the Tenore simply cause I don't find the performance of the DITAs to be in any way worth the premium over the Tenore. And I say that as someone who LOVES the DITA. 

Not saying it's in a heartbeat. As I said, I've had the Tenores for quite some time and though my 5+ pairs had a few variance between them, none of them, even the reference ones, had the same impact as the Truths had when I first heard them. They are very good budget IEMs, and dynamics are definitely impressive even when you match it to the Ditas, as with any pricey phones the Dita suffers from diminishing returns, but even with that in mind I wouldn't put them in the same league.
Edited by Exesteils - 6/17/14 at 8:57pm
post #115472 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

I like that ink. Pilot?
It's Noodler's ink actually. I'm not sure if the colour has a specific name to it other than "blue." XD
It looks like an electric blue in-person.
post #115473 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

I think Gurren also gives less schiits than KlK; KlK would stop and try to explain what the characters were doing, but Gurren just doesn't care!

I liked it right up till the end, which decided to go a completely different direction from give no fcks feel of the series. That part I hated.

Ah, well I'm only on like episode 11 right now, so I'm not there yet :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post
 

I've had both DITAs and the Tenore. I wouldn't say "not even close", not in a heart beat. I actually sold both DITAs after I got the Tenore simply cause I don't find the performance of the DITAs to be in any way worth the premium over the Tenore. And I say that as someone who LOVES the DITA. 

Whoa, the tenores are that good? :O I'm excited to try them out through the CS loaner now!!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yay, new nib.

You're facinated by caligraphy?

post #115474 of 157655

Kawaii desu ne

 

post #115475 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Whoa, the tenores are that good? :O I'm excited to try them out through the CS loaner now!!!

So I just got torn a new one by one of my colleagues who happens to own the Ditas. I pulled out my old Tenores I had in my backpack and told him to do a direct A/B, jokingly mentioning that some on the forums saying these cheapos actually match his TOTL pair. 20 mins later, I'm now being convinced since I've had these for so long, I have become "spoiled" by their sound, and anything "new" is being perceived by me as "better". Never have I doubted my own ears and ability as an audiophile until this day. Dammit Head-fi
post #115476 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Kawaii desu ne

 

kawaii janai desu.   But hey... there's your proof of the star child in anime.  

 

Now I'm not saying that she's an alien, but *holds up hands* she's an alien. 

post #115477 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Yay, new nib.
You're facinated by caligraphy?
Indeed. Good stuff. : D
post #115478 of 157655

That was sick!

Went to the weekly market this morning and saw a young mother straight up punch her three or four year old child.
That is fudged up enough on its own, but then this one guy walks up to her and 1-hit KOs her. Elegant jab to her head.
He lays the lady on the ground, gives the kid a Capri Sun and calls the police.
Wow. She really got her pancakes flipped.
I mean, knocking her out might have been a bit of an overkill but.....she also kind of deserved it :|
I wonder what happened to the guy. You can't just knock out people, not even here in Germany.

post #115479 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Not even close. I know the guys in the thread are making the Tenores sound like the best thing since sliced bread, but from someone who's had it for over a year since it's initial mention in the Discovery thread, I find it good, especially for something that costs $30, but it won't take on any Flagships.
I'm really liking the LN. Such twists and turns.
I liked it right up till the end, which decided to go a completely different direction from give no fcks feel of the series. That part I hated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24 View Post

I've had both DITAs and the Tenore. I wouldn't say "not even close", not in a heart beat. I actually sold both DITAs after I got the Tenore simply cause I don't find the performance of the DITAs to be in any way worth the premium over the Tenore. And I say that as someone who LOVES the DITA. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Not saying it's in a heartbeat. As I said, I've had the Tenores for quite some time and though my 5+ pairs had a few variance between them, none of them, even the reference ones, had the same impact as the Truths had when I first heard them. They are very good budget IEMs, and dynamics are definitely impressive even when you match it to the Ditas, as with any pricey phones the Dita suffers from diminishing returns, but even with that in mind I wouldn't put them in the same league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ah, well I'm only on like episode 11 right now, so I'm not there yet biggrin.gif

Whoa, the tenores are that good? :O I'm excited to try them out through the CS loaner now!!!

You're facinated by caligraphy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

So I just got torn a new one by one of my colleagues who happens to own the Ditas. I pulled out my old Tenores I had in my backpack and told him to do a direct A/B, jokingly mentioning that some on the forums saying these cheapos actually match his TOTL pair. 20 mins later, I'm now being convinced since I've had these for so long, I have become "spoiled" by their sound, and anything "new" is being perceived by me as "better". Never have I doubted my own ears and ability as an audiophile until this day. Dammit Head-fi

I tried this fine gentlemans pair and can vouch for his sentiments. They compare favorably against my GR07 BE, which if people haven't notice already, I would like to marry. Given I also routinely pick up the GR07 when in the presence of the ASG 2, I would provably be closer to his impression if I were to try the Dita. That is to say I would really liked them but find the improvements so minimum, the Tenores would come out of that drawer in the end.*

* Just talking purely on grounds of sound. Ergonomics and build look better on the Dita.

I really like the HD 700 but even if I had that bad boy, it's very likely my GR07 BE would get more head time. Why? Convenience over sound performance. Also, I no longer play battlefield.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post

Now I'm not saying that she's an alien, but *holds up hands* she's an alien. 

Lol XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

That was sick!


Went to the weekly market this morning and saw a young mother straight up punch her three or four year old child.

That is fudged up enough on its own, but then this one guy walks up to her and 1-hit KOs her. Elegant jab to her head.

He lays the lady on the ground, gives the kid a Capri Sun and calls the police.

Wow. She really got her pancakes flipped.

I mean, knocking her out might have been a bit of an overkill but.....she also kind of deserved it :|

I wonder what happened to the guy. You can't just knock out people, not even here in Germany.

I see sh*** like this almost on a daily basis and it's infuriating to the point I've thought, "if I hide the body, everybody wins."

Joking aside, it really does piss me off and I try to talk it out with people but it usually ends with something like, "I know what I'm doing and you don't get it.....", "I own this kid", "don't tell me how to raise my boy", "the bible says..",ect.

Maybe if I was born with high quality brain cells, I could "monster" them into submission by simply saying 1 word....

People should take bringing another life into the world moar seriously, Jesus!
post #115480 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

That is fudged up enough on its own, but then this one guy walks up to her and 1-hit KOs her. Elegant jab to her head.

I wonder what happened to the guy. You can't just knock out people, not even here in Germany.
What happened to him? He got put in a video game of course. : D
mac2.gif



Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

I tried this fine gentlemans pair and can vouch for his sentiments. They compare favorably against my GR07 BE, which if people haven't notice already, I would like to marry. Given I also routinely pick up the GR07 when in the presence of the ASG 2, I would provably be closer to his impression if I were to try the Dita. That is to say I would really liked them but find the improvements so minimum, the Tenores would come out of that drawer in the end.*
Meh, GR07 BE is okay, but it's not something I really enjoy listening to.
post #115481 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post





I tried this fine gentlemans pair and can vouch for his sentiments. They compare favorably against my GR07 BE, which if people haven't notice already, I would like to marry. Given I also routinely pick up the GR07 when in the presence of the ASG 2, I would provably be closer to his impression if I were to try the Dita. That is to say I would really liked them but find the improvements so minimum, the Tenores would come out of that drawer in the end.*

* Just talking purely on grounds of sound. Ergonomics and build look better on the Dita.

Dita definitely has better build. The Tenores are really fragile, no strain relief etc etc.

While I do agree that the Tenores perform very well, A/Bing it with most other models, even the Ostrys, I tend to prefer them over the ZAs. Maybe it is as was mentioned, I have gotten too used to the sound, and have begun to take them for granted. Too much brain burn-in perhaps? Dunno. :/
post #115482 of 157655
Are you a comedian by trade cuz that's hilarious. GR07 BE is simply "okay" lolololololololo 😐

No but for my preferences, they measure up purty dam well to all the other gear I've tried. If I could switch the sound of the GR07 with the Tenore tho, I would. The "zing" I'll trade out can be taken care of by phone number 2 anyhow. KC06 Alpha Dogs.
post #115483 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Dita definitely has better build. The Tenores are really fragile, no strain relief etc etc.

While I do agree that the Tenores perform very well, A/Bing it with most other models, even the Ostrys, I tend to prefer them over the ZAs. Maybe it is as was mentioned, I have gotten too used to the sound, and have begun to take them for granted. Too much brain burn-in perhaps? Dunno. :/

The strain reliefs on the Tenores are about as hilarious as the y-split on the Ostry.

Both phones exhibit great potential tho.
post #115484 of 157655
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post

Are you a comedian by trade cuz that's hilarious. GR07 BE is simply "okay" lolololololololo 😐

No but for my preferences, they measure up purty dam well to all the other gear I've tried. If I could switch the sound of the GR07 with the Tenore tho, I would. The "zing" I'll trade out can be taken care of by phone number 2 anyhow. KC06 Alpha Dogs.
They had too much zing up on the treble end and it ended up annoying me, like a lot of earphones. That plus the bass was pretty boomy for me and the lower-midrange seemed sucked out a bit.
post #115485 of 157655
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge