Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7675

post #115111 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:


Is there any possibility that you can go full tower? Full towers tend to have both good cooling and quieter (due to larger fans). I would have gone full tower but my pc is in a semi-enclosed space.

I guess I could go full tower??? :S

I don't really see the point though since I'm at the point where I really won't be opening up and modding my PC a ton more though, so I don't feel I need the larger enclosure....

If I could get quieter better cooling though, then maybe?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

They are doing an episode on Clannad this time, the damned insert song and Dango Daikazoku is playing through the radio. My feels, don't do this to my feels! ;_;

@mechgamer123 Phantom 410 then? It's big and had plenty of bays for any expansions of cooling you will need, plus plenty of colors to choose from. Personally, I would get the H440, cleaner and much better looking IMO. The build is very solid so no worries on it looking cheap.

Ehh is that plastic I see all around on the Phantom 410? :/

On the H440 though, isn't the colored bit made out of plastic? 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:

 

I'd vote for the Fractal R4, mainly because I prefer it's looks. :p

 

A couple of degrees isn't going to hurt anything, so choose one you like!

Hmm, fair enough! I like the R4's looks as well other than the white fan blades on the stock fans, which I would keep since I'm too lazy and cheap to switch out.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

I have either a R2 or R3, but I think I would get the NZXT H440 instead if I had the option, or the Corsair 700D or similar.

I mean, look at this!?

http://www.razerzone.com/designedbyrazer

Hmm, there's that H440 again... That one by Razer looks really awesome without the bright accent! Too bad the green would not jive well with my system though.

Thanks for he input! Isn't the 450D pretty close to the 700D, just mid tower?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Case preferences are very personal.

 

Do you plan on getting the case and keeping the stock fan config?

Yeah, but I'd rather not get some cheap looking case that's gonna break in a year.

 

Yup, I plan to just use whatever fans come with it, maybe adding a couple more if necessary.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.

All but one have drive bays (The H440) but they're covered up for ninja-ness!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Eh, they're personal but objectively the R4 doesn't really do better than the H440 other than having no accents and room for 5.25" bays..

Speaking of cases,

I loved this design at Computex: http://www.hardwareasylum.com/articles/events/computex2k14_sframe

If I have time this summer I'm going to try to build this guy:




I think idles at 70-80 are fine for the HD4870, I remember my 4870 hitting 60s on day one without dust. Afaik the 900 has better airflow than either, but I think it's probably more worth it to buy something better and cooler that's still pretty cheap (~$50?). They're really out of date :d

No more HDD/CD/BR drives on a lot of modern cases because it's more convenient to just have a portable drive nowadays rather than an integrated one. The Fractals still have them though.

That's exactly the issue I'm having with the H440 though is the accents. I guess at the worst I can buy an external DVD drive for $30 or whatever, so nothing lost there really.

 

And yeah, I do plan to upgrade the GPU eventually (probably before the end of summer) to something newer that can do triple monitors.

 

Whoa, no front guards over those fans? :O

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.
Ah yes, the Fractal cases. They have a sound-proofed door on the front that opens up if you need to use the optical drives.

My stupid Bigpond modem is unhappy that I've connected another wireless N router to it and is detecting "duplicate sessions". 
Oooh okay. That's pretty neat. I'll probably switch over to a desktop tower setup once my lifestyle becomes less mobile and chaotic.

Are you still going to run Mac OS in the form of a hackintosh? :O

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Really depends how high you rate silence on your list. I have no problem cooling a 2600k at 5.0Ghz and 660Ti running with all my case fan running at 700rpm, silence is a major priority for me and not knowing if my computer is on or not without turning the screen on is a success.

I'd like it to be fairly silent, considering it's going to be living in my room with me for the next few years! Though tbh noise doesn't bother me much, it might bother my roommate next year, I'm not sure... (shrug)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Yeah definitely depends on what you want to optimize for or compromise. I still think though the 4870 would be the bottleneck in whatever case he gets.

The airflow in the H440 is better than in the Fractal R4, but the 3 (450D, H440 and R4) are basically the same +/- a few degrees, not a big deal, choose the one with the 5.25" if you need it, and whichever looks better to you ^^

Haha fair enough! Guess in the end the decision really is down to me! :S

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post
 
I like the looks of this case:

Meh, too white. (I think there's a joke in there somewhere but I'm not sure)...

post #115112 of 130028

What the hell's with all the loli characters getting killed this season............... :(:(:(

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Akuma no Riddle
Black Bullet
Gokukoku no Brynhildr
and now Hitsugi no Chaika.... (ok she's probably not dead by still... :()
post #115113 of 130028
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

I have either a R2 or R3, but I think I would get the NZXT H440 instead if I had the option, or the Corsair 700D or similar.

I mean, look at this!?

http://www.razerzone.com/designedbyrazer

Saw that. Absolutely beautiful, except that ugly Razer logo.

 

NZXT would be raking in so much cash if they made an all black matte version.

 

I have no idea what my favorite mid-tower (ATX) is right now. H440 is probably my favorite but the Arc Midi R2, Core 3500/2500, Source 220 (actually amazing for air cooling), or CM 690 III (decent for air cooling).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Eh, they're personal but objectively the R4 doesn't really do better than the H440 other than having no accents and room for 5.25" bays..

Speaking of cases,

I loved this design at Computex: http://www.hardwareasylum.com/articles/events/computex2k14_sframe

If I have time this summer I'm going to try to build this guy:




I think idles at 70-80 are fine for the HD4870, I remember my 4870 hitting 60s on day one without dust. Afaik the 900 has better airflow than either, but I think it's probably more worth it to buy something better and cooler that's still pretty cheap (~$50?). They're really out of date :d

No more HDD/CD/BR drives on a lot of modern cases because it's more convenient to just have a portable drive nowadays rather than an integrated one. The Fractals still have them though.

I think I saw that mod on Bit-Tech or something. Very well done Fractal Design Core 3000 mod. The new Core cases look even better (are just better in general IMO) so use those instead.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

I do have internet it seems and I can torrent anime to my phone and watch it there.

 

But... NO GAME NO LIFE!

I was just thinking, #1 reason for you to love this: There is a nation full of nekomimi in NGNL (not really a spoiler).


Edited by HybridCore - 6/12/14 at 10:35am
post #115114 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Meh, too white. (I think there's a joke in there somewhere but I'm not sure)...

Corsair made that case in the image of it's fans- fat and white.

post #115115 of 130028
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:

H440 is very well built. Mostly powder-coated steel. If you want all black but can live with an ugly Razer logo, get the Razer edition. NZXT would earn so much money by just making a matte black version (maybe w/ a slightly rubberized texture).

 

I don't really see the lack of 5.25" bays as a bad thing. A lot of people don't use DVD/CD drives nowadays. I'd just spend the extra $10-$30 to get a nice external USB one. Not having those 5.25" bays also allows NZXT to throw in that third 120mm intake on the front of the case. Great for water cooling or air cooling.

 

R4 seems extremely restrictive for airflow. The Core 3500/2500 seems like it can fit a sheet of noise dampening foam on the front of the case (sides are obviously always able to do that). The Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 is also a good choice.

 

I don't know why but I don't like Corsair. They're a great company and all but my CX PSU left a salty first impression. I ended up getting one of the new units no longer made by SeaSonic which made me extremely unhappy. Anyways, The 450D is also slightly more expensive than the rest and the front mesh panel 1. doesn't look good IMO and 2. terribad for airflow (why couldn't they just go with a regular mesh?).

 

If you want the best airflow yet still want it quiet the H440 looks like what you want.

post #115116 of 130028

Finished Gosick.
I was expecting some kind of tsundere-loli Detective Conan but oh boy is it more than just that!
That show got super dark towards the end!
The mysteries themselves were alright, but the overarching story that connects them and the way everything plays out in the end was super cool!
The characters are solid, but nothing special.
You rarely get to see a setting like this (WWI and WWII), so that's a big plus.
It's really worth sitting through all the okay-ish parts in the first half of the show because the second one has so much to offer! Oh and the ending is cool too.

Really pleasantly surprised :)

post #115117 of 130028

lol

post #115118 of 130028

Super awesome.


Super....whatever....


I really wouldn't mind the current season to be over. The next one has so much more to offer (at least for moi)!

post #115119 of 130028

-post


Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
How much slasher-movie BS is in there? I know this anime is pretty dark and bloody, but is it bloody and dark to get more people to watch it (like the SAW movies)?
I hate stuff like this so i wouldn#t mind some oppinions on that.

post #115120 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Ehh is that plastic I see all around on the Phantom 410? :/
On the H440 though, isn't the colored bit made out of plastic? 

Nope, that's metal. I'm using one and be knock it around, it's definitely metal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

H440 is very well built. Mostly powder-coated steel. If you want all black but can live with an ugly Razer logo, get the Razer edition. NZXT would earn so much money by just making a matte black version (maybe w/ a slightly rubberized texture).

I don't really see the lack of 5.25" bays as a bad thing. A lot of people don't use DVD/CD drives nowadays. I'd just spend the extra $10-$30 to get a nice external USB one. Not having those 5.25" bays also allows NZXT to throw in that third 120mm intake on the front of the case. Great for water cooling or air cooling.

If you want the best airflow yet still want it quiet the H440 looks like what you want.

Basically this, the whole thing is metal, and due to the removal of the bays, the case has way better airflow and space than most others of the same dimensions, fitting a huge Cooler like the Noctua D-14 would be a cinch.


Rewatching complete. Now I'm ready for the OVA and Season 2. Renge is adorable.
Edited by Exesteils - 6/12/14 at 11:47am
post #115121 of 130028
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Nope, that's metal. I'm using one and be knock it around, it's definitely metal.
Basically this, the whole thing is metal, and due to the removal of the bays, the case has way better airflow and space than most others of the same dimensions, fitting a huge Cooler like the Noctua D-14 would be a cinch.

You could probably fit an Alphacool NeXXXoS Monsta 360mm radiators in the front w/ push-pull 25mm fans (38mm might be pushing it) or one of those Aquacomputer AMS360 rads (the really thick ones) or the Heatkiller ones that are similar to the AMS360 (not that it matters b/c the XSPC RX360 V3 destroys them all or matches them at all fan speeds).

 

Newest Ping Pong the Animation was nice to watch. Ending was great.

post #115122 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Higurashi no Naku Koro ni.
How much slasher-movie BS is in there? I know this anime is pretty dark and bloody, but is it bloody and dark to get more people to watch it (like the SAW movies)?
I hate stuff like this so i wouldn#t mind some oppinions on that.

Nah, the series had a great story behind it ;)

 


Wut? disembodied hand.....

 

post #115123 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post



Rewatching complete. Now I'm ready for the OVA and Season 2. Renge is adorable.

Renge is life.
One of the best SoL animes I know.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Nah, the series had a great story behind it ;)


So it's not just "hey look at these cute girls going completely mental for whatever reason and beating each other to pulp!"?

post #115124 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

Nah, the series had a great story behind it wink.gif

Wut? disembodied hand.....



Well... If you look at the other hand he's wearing black bracer things, so against the black background....
post #115125 of 130028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Renge is life.

One of the best SoL animes I know.

So it's not just "hey look at these cute girls going completely mental for whatever reason and beating each other to pulp!"?

Indeed. I love the very easy atmosphere that just feels so natural with the series, I want a Koma-plushies, btw.

I actually recommend playing the entire franchise, including the Kai chapters. And yes, most of it is characters going absolutely mental(MC actually scratched himself to death in one), but the overarching story is quite deep, and a rather big mindf**k. Kinda like what you mentioned about Gosick's ending, but to know the whole story, you'd have to finish every single game in the series, 7-8 games in total iirc.
Edited by Exesteils - 6/12/14 at 12:01pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge