Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7673

post #115081 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Dayum, good luck with your surgery! D:

 

Holy crap that's frighteningly good Mayoi cosplay! :O


Yay, done with exams! Now it's time to pack all my stuff up and move home tomorrow!


Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:


Is there any possibility that you can go full tower? Full towers tend to have both good cooling and quieter (due to larger fans). I would have gone full tower but my pc is in a semi-enclosed space.

post #115082 of 134894
They are doing an episode on Clannad this time, the damned insert song and Dango Daikazoku is playing through the radio. My feels, don't do this to my feels! ;_;


@mechgamer123 Phantom 410 then? It's big and had plenty of bays for any expansions of cooling you will need, plus plenty of colors to choose from. Personally, I would get the H440, cleaner and much better looking IMO. The build is very solid so no worries on it looking cheap.
Edited by Exesteils - 6/12/14 at 12:13am
post #115083 of 134894
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:

 

I'd vote for the Fractal R4, mainly because I prefer it's looks. :p

 

A couple of degrees isn't going to hurt anything, so choose one you like!

post #115084 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Also, @bowei006 or @HybridCore or other PC-fi folks... I think it might be time for a PC case upgrade... I still have an Antec 900, but considering there's construction going on behind our house that's apparently bad enough to cause all the people in our neighborhood breathing trouble, I think I need something with dust filters... Would also like something without lots of LEDs, and is more minimalist. What get? The NZXT H440 looks beautiful but the lack of 5.25" bays is sad, and the build looks kind of cheap with the bright colored plastic. So now I'm debating between the Corsair 450D and the Fractal R4 w/ window... Looks like the 450D is cooler but the R4 is quieter. I'm not really sure how the 900 compares, but my Ivy bridge Xeon can idle at up to 45C, and the AMD 4870 Kalbee gave me seems to like idling at 79C in my current case, so I'm guessing I might need dat better airflow D:

 

I'd vote for the Fractal R4, mainly because I prefer it's looks. :p

 

A couple of degrees isn't going to hurt anything, so choose one you like!

Having use a Fractal R2 for many year, I second that.

post #115085 of 134894
I have either a R2 or R3, but I think I would get the NZXT H440 instead if I had the option, or the Corsair 700D or similar.

I mean, look at this!?

http://www.razerzone.com/designedbyrazer
post #115086 of 134894

Case preferences are very personal.

 

Do you plan on getting the case and keeping the stock fan config?

post #115087 of 134894
Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.
post #115088 of 134894

Currently enjoying Renai Circulation on these bad boys! Beats really stepped up their game since the release of these newer generation headphones. Still too expensive though.

 

post #115089 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.

Ah yes, the Fractal cases. They have a sound-proofed door on the front that opens up if you need to use the optical drives.

 

My stupid Bigpond modem is unhappy that I've connected another wireless N router to it and is detecting "duplicate sessions". 

post #115090 of 134894
Eh, they're personal but objectively the R4 doesn't really do better than the H440 other than having no accents and room for 5.25" bays..

Speaking of cases,

I loved this design at Computex: http://www.hardwareasylum.com/articles/events/computex2k14_sframe

If I have time this summer I'm going to try to build this guy:




I think idles at 70-80 are fine for the HD4870, I remember my 4870 hitting 60s on day one without dust. Afaik the 900 has better airflow than either, but I think it's probably more worth it to buy something better and cooler that's still pretty cheap (~$50?). They're really out of date :d

No more HDD/CD/BR drives on a lot of modern cases because it's more convenient to just have a portable drive nowadays rather than an integrated one. The Fractals still have them though.
Edited by Blisse - 6/12/14 at 1:35am
post #115091 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.
Ah yes, the Fractal cases. They have a sound-proofed door on the front that opens up if you need to use the optical drives.

My stupid Bigpond modem is unhappy that I've connected another wireless N router to it and is detecting "duplicate sessions". 
Oooh okay. That's pretty neat. I'll probably switch over to a desktop tower setup once my lifestyle becomes less mobile and chaotic.
post #115092 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Do these cases not have a CD/DVD/Blu-Ray drive? They look nice and all, but they appear to be missing those slots.

If you meant the Fractals, then they are hidden behind a door. The H440 has no optical drives.
post #115093 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Oooh okay. That's pretty neat. I'll probably switch over to a desktop tower setup once my lifestyle becomes less mobile and chaotic.

Behold, my internet's back!!

post #115094 of 134894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blisse View Post

Eh, they're personal but objectively the R4 doesn't really do better than the H440 other than having no accents and room for 5.25" bays..

Speaking of cases,

I loved this design at Computex: http://www.hardwareasylum.com/articles/events/computex2k14_sframe

If I have time this summer I'm going to try to build this guy:




I think idles at 70-80 are fine for the HD4870, I remember my 4870 hitting 60s on day one without dust. Afaik the 900 has better airflow than either, but I think it's probably more worth it to buy something better and cooler that's still pretty cheap (~$50?). They're really out of date :d

No more HDD/CD/BR drives because it's more convenient to just have a portable drive nowadays rather than an integrated one.


Really depends how high you rate silence on your list. I have no problem cooling a 2600k at 5.0Ghz and 660Ti running with all my case fan running at 700rpm, silence is a major priority for me and not knowing if my computer is on or not without turning the screen on is a success.

post #115095 of 134894
Yeah definitely depends on what you want to optimize for or compromise. I still think though the 4870 would be the bottleneck in whatever case he gets.

The airflow in the H440 is better than in the Fractal R4, but the 3 (450D, H440 and R4) are basically the same +/- a few degrees, not a big deal, choose the one with the 5.25" if you need it, and whichever looks better to you ^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge