Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7652

post #114766 of 149536
Thread Starter 

@bowei006 Metrocrap prices are going through the roof over here.

post #114767 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

@bowei006 Metrocrap prices are going through the roof over here.

I've used every company in our area twice over

 

It went like this

 

ATT

Metrocast

ATT Uverse

Metrocast -Highest plan possible

 

and I can tell you one thing. You want Metrocast

 

And two, your area sucks. Sorry it does, but it does. My area is pretty much near perfect. Granted I live near one of their neighborhood boxes (not one of the small ones, but ones that are the size of a car).

 

The prices are by no means optimal, and during heated times, the service really has some issues. Sometimes when they perform maintenance, it requires you to reset your own modem or else you get really really crap speeds until you do.

 

You may want to read this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/talesfromtechsupport/comments/17d1dw/i_am_not_fixing_this/

 

It's tech stories and this one deals with cable companies etc etc. 

post #114768 of 149536
Thread Starter 

I know Metrocast is the best I'm going to get. Just that sad positioning...location, location, location.

post #114769 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I know Metrocast is the best I'm going to get. Just that sad positioning...location, location, location.

A litle more out of this area and you'll have Comcast....which more or less buys everything it can and every local cable company it gets its eyes on if it is profitable. 

post #114770 of 149536
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

A litle more out of this area and you'll have Comcast....which more or less buys everything it can and every local cable company it gets its eyes on if it is profitable. 

*cringe*

 

They pulled out of here and I kind of wish they didn't since it's basically a duopoly here now. Comcast would probably force Metrocast to be a bit more competitive.

post #114771 of 149536
Thread Starter 

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bowei

 

Horrifyingly accurate, except the women part.

post #114772 of 149536

There's plenty of reasons why I'm glad I still live with my parents (easy now, I'm only 19!), one of them is that when we bought the house about 13ish years ago. We stuck with our ISP (Rogers) ever since.  We started asking for "loyalty incentives" for our internet. Now we has unlimited internets!
Although, I really wish I could go to the University of Washington just for the gigabit speeds. The entire 1080p Bakemonogatari Series downloaded in 5 minutes would be great.

post #114773 of 149536
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

There's plenty of reasons why I'm glad I still live with my parents (easy now, I'm only 19!), one of them is that when we bought the house about 13ish years ago. We stuck with our ISP (Rogers) ever since.  We started asking for "loyalty incentives" for our internet. Now we has unlimited internets!
Although, I really wish I could go to the University of Washington just for the gigabit speeds. The entire 1080p Bakemonogatari Series downloaded in 5 minutes would be great.

Keep in mind seeders.

 

Those europeans with those gigabit down and up speeds and then my crappy 1Mbps upload. XD

post #114774 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Keep in mind seeders.

 

Those europeans with those gigabit down and up speeds and then my crappy 1Mbps upload. XD

Yeah bakabt if you could lower your ratio, that would be great ;D

post #114775 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

 
Don't want to study for finals yet. Need something to watch...
Boku no Pico?
I actually just watched the first episode. I had no idea what it was about beforehand so that was a bit surprising. I didn't think it was too bad overall; it's your typical hentai-like "plot," but it's creepy to see some adult dude doing a pre-teen-looking person. XD
post #114776 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


I actually just watched the first episode. I had no idea what it was about beforehand so that was a bit surprising. I didn't think it was too bad overall; it's your typical hentai-like "plot," but it's creepy to see some adult dude doing a pre-teen-looking person. XD

 

post #114777 of 149536
Thread Starter 

I'm somewhat surprised some people in this thread haven't looked at the OP (or at least not until recently).

 

Wish NGNL was longer. Hoping for a S2 that doesn't make the series awful.

post #114778 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Boku no Pico?

 

Saw it.  Not much story, no character development.  Mental scarring, feelings of hollowness, and soul sullying sound effects certainly did this 3 episode OVA no favors.  Copious consumption of alcohol will not dull the pain and horror.  It's like someone created this series on a bet, and frankly should be watched on one.  1/10 would only recommend to people I hate. 

post #114779 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I actually just watched the first episode. I had no idea what it was about beforehand so that was a bit surprising. I didn't think it was too bad overall; it's your typical hentai-like "plot," but it's creepy to see some adult dude doing a pre-teen-looking person. XD
Well if you watch hentai, which I do occasionally, this was actually okay relatively speaking. It's not much different than girl-girl action. XD




Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

I'm somewhat surprised some people in this thread haven't looked at the OP (or at least not until recently).

Wish NGNL was longer. Hoping for a S2 that doesn't make the series awful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

How to use spoilers, a primer:

Bad
. .
. . Good

Bob kills Bill.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Bob kills Bill.


The Melencholy of Bob Smith (Click to show)
Bob kills Bill.


The Melencholy of Bob Smith, Episode 23 (Click to show)
Bob kills Bill.


Indeed. It seems that most people do not follow the rules set for spoiler tags.
post #114780 of 149536
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Well if you watch hentai, which I do occasionally, this was actually okay relatively speaking. It's not much different than girl-girl action. XD

 

I once believed that head-fi was filled with innocent music-filled minds away from the hentai/anime/loli infested 4chan image boards. 

That belief was just 10 minutes ago.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge