I wonder what happens if you convert the RAW to JPG?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
If you told me that my review of a pair of headphones would somehow combine golf, science-fiction, sorcery and a supersonic jet I’d say you’re crazy. But then again if you told me I would...
I have been using the E17 "Alpen" every day for over a year now. It is my go-to device for enjoying music at work, or anywhere other than my home office. So, here are my thoughts: Build...
VentureCraft are a Japanese company well known for their portable headphone amplifiers and amp/DAC combo units. Today, I will be taking a look at their latest offering in this category: the...
This is a quick unboxing and review of the player. More detailed review coming soon.
Hi all, I will prepare a proper review when I have some time and am not working. In short however, these are superior to any IEM I have personally used for my tastes. I listen to a vast...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7649
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will still stay the same as the RAW equivalent only without the headroom to make corrections.
Edited by VortexBlast - 6/8/14 at 3:55am
JPEGs are processed in camera with corrections already taken place, notice how the vignetting is only there for the RAW file. Lightroom has lens correction profiles built in for heaps of equipment, so it will apply those as you import the RAW files.
Cameras always have funky presets for their JPEG files, and while they're all right for most uses, you definitely don't want any of that when taking pictures of the sky. RAW files don't really inherently look better, it's just the JPEG export presets ruining the JPEG, making the RAW file look 'better' than the JPEG in that particular shot.
Anyway, I like to shoot RAW because I have more leeway in bringing back images from doom, because I'm a dumb dumb and always have better things to do than to chimp after every shot making sure it's perfect. Also, since I use m43 I need the extra headroom because their low light capabilities aren't as good as their bigger sensor brothers.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that you don't need to worry about white balance at all, it can all be done in post, which is extra useful in low light where cameras tend to be derpy.
That's the dude who also sung the SZS OPs ♥
I think I'm gonna watch that show when I finish Gosick.
One of my absolute favorite OPs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And don't tell me she...
I always hoped they would not go this route.
Wow nice finding of the castle
and lol I don't even think there was any other route..
I wanted to buy legal music, so I went for iTunes. iTunes though lately recently upgraded their music quality to 256kbps AAC/.m4a or somewhere there. When I bought a K-On! CD I compared it to my iTunes K-On! songs and virtually found no difference. Plus, the icons for my music files were blue in .m4a instead of red.
I found out there was a nero AAC encoder for Foobar2000, and found out it was tons better than the paid converter I was using (xilisoft).
It offers VBR 400kbps Q.100 encoding. The plugin includes 512kbps ABR, but I don't find a point in that because it annoys me when the bitrate keeps changing during playback.
I think Australia's ISPs are trying to discourage torrenting by throttling upload speeds. But all that's going to do is decrease the seed/leech ratio!
By the way, that is one nice visual style you have going on there.
Edited by vantt1 - 6/8/14 at 9:07am
Canada does that too
Really? My ISP is a pretty small one and doesn't really care about what you do as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks. It's Lucent. Link here. Has a few problems with certain Windows (3rd party programs) where text constantly overlaps one another so you get this mess of a lot of layers of text on each other but that rarely happens.
Awkward to find a dual-monitor wallpaper that fits this obsolete aspect ratio.
Also it's awful that people think using the bittorrent protocol = pirating all the time now. Sure, pirates use it but it's not the only thing it's used for.
It's okay b/c it's all legal.
Animetake basically only has HorribleSubs and I was too lazy to look elsewhere. Also, I only have 1280x1024 monitors so 720p is enough.
Edited by HybridCore - 6/8/14 at 9:18am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 1 second ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 58 seconds ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 59 seconds ago
- › Klipsch r6? Help! 4 minutes ago
- › Denon AHM-M400 5 minutes ago
- › In-ears for female friend under $100? 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing the world's first LEAR patented -NSS(Natural Stereo... 6 minutes ago
- › Lime Ears appreciation, discussion, and review thread - introducing... 8 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 10 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by mscott58
- › FiiO E17 by prez
- › VentureCraft SounDroid Vantam by fonzler
- › Sony Walkman Nw-zx2 128gb Mp3 Player Hi-res by piksnz
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2