I wonder what happens if you convert the RAW to JPG?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7649
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will still stay the same as the RAW equivalent only without the headroom to make corrections.
Edited by VortexBlast - 6/8/14 at 3:55am
JPEGs are processed in camera with corrections already taken place, notice how the vignetting is only there for the RAW file. Lightroom has lens correction profiles built in for heaps of equipment, so it will apply those as you import the RAW files.
Cameras always have funky presets for their JPEG files, and while they're all right for most uses, you definitely don't want any of that when taking pictures of the sky. RAW files don't really inherently look better, it's just the JPEG export presets ruining the JPEG, making the RAW file look 'better' than the JPEG in that particular shot.
Anyway, I like to shoot RAW because I have more leeway in bringing back images from doom, because I'm a dumb dumb and always have better things to do than to chimp after every shot making sure it's perfect. Also, since I use m43 I need the extra headroom because their low light capabilities aren't as good as their bigger sensor brothers.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that you don't need to worry about white balance at all, it can all be done in post, which is extra useful in low light where cameras tend to be derpy.
That's the dude who also sung the SZS OPs ♥
I think I'm gonna watch that show when I finish Gosick.
One of my absolute favorite OPs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And don't tell me she...
I always hoped they would not go this route.
Wow nice finding of the castle
and lol I don't even think there was any other route..
I wanted to buy legal music, so I went for iTunes. iTunes though lately recently upgraded their music quality to 256kbps AAC/.m4a or somewhere there. When I bought a K-On! CD I compared it to my iTunes K-On! songs and virtually found no difference. Plus, the icons for my music files were blue in .m4a instead of red.
I found out there was a nero AAC encoder for Foobar2000, and found out it was tons better than the paid converter I was using (xilisoft).
It offers VBR 400kbps Q.100 encoding. The plugin includes 512kbps ABR, but I don't find a point in that because it annoys me when the bitrate keeps changing during playback.
I think Australia's ISPs are trying to discourage torrenting by throttling upload speeds. But all that's going to do is decrease the seed/leech ratio!
By the way, that is one nice visual style you have going on there.
Edited by vantt1 - 6/8/14 at 9:07am
Canada does that too
Really? My ISP is a pretty small one and doesn't really care about what you do as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks. It's Lucent. Link here. Has a few problems with certain Windows (3rd party programs) where text constantly overlaps one another so you get this mess of a lot of layers of text on each other but that rarely happens.
Awkward to find a dual-monitor wallpaper that fits this obsolete aspect ratio.
Also it's awful that people think using the bittorrent protocol = pirating all the time now. Sure, pirates use it but it's not the only thing it's used for.
It's okay b/c it's all legal.
Animetake basically only has HorribleSubs and I was too lazy to look elsewhere. Also, I only have 1280x1024 monitors so 720p is enough.
Edited by HybridCore - 6/8/14 at 9:18am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-Peos H300 New! 9 seconds ago
- › Burson Soloist 13 seconds ago
- › High-end Headphone Decision 1 minute ago
- › «LOVE?problem solution molvi ji 91+9950620150 1 minute ago
- › DGS100 Appreciation thread. The game changing budget-fi two-way... 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › love problem solution baba ji in uae 91+9950620150 3 minutes ago
- › ATH-IM02 VS FAD Heaven V 4 minutes ago
- › The king of black magic vashikarn love in panjab+919950620150 5 minutes ago
- › Shadi Vivah Just Love Marriage Specialist Molvi Ji 91+9950620150 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)