I wonder what happens if you convert the RAW to JPG?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Introduction – So a few weeks into my search and discovery of budget-based earphones has led me here - to the Xiaomi Piston 2.1. The Pistons are the result of the popular Chinese smartphone...
There aren't many sub-$10 IEMs in the market. With all the recent budget IEMs being priced at around $50, it leaves very little choice for people who are looking for a very cheap IEM. As far as I...
Since I was among the early adopters of this updated 2.0 version of R3, I already posted a detailed review with pictures in the original R3 review thread. Therefore, I'm just going to provide a...
Im probably like you right now, I was once reading reviews a bunch of comments, watching a bunch of videos of what to purchase... and everyone kept suggesting the ATH-M50x, so in a frantic search...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7649
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will still stay the same as the RAW equivalent only without the headroom to make corrections.
Edited by VortexBlast - 6/8/14 at 3:55am
JPEGs are processed in camera with corrections already taken place, notice how the vignetting is only there for the RAW file. Lightroom has lens correction profiles built in for heaps of equipment, so it will apply those as you import the RAW files.
Cameras always have funky presets for their JPEG files, and while they're all right for most uses, you definitely don't want any of that when taking pictures of the sky. RAW files don't really inherently look better, it's just the JPEG export presets ruining the JPEG, making the RAW file look 'better' than the JPEG in that particular shot.
Anyway, I like to shoot RAW because I have more leeway in bringing back images from doom, because I'm a dumb dumb and always have better things to do than to chimp after every shot making sure it's perfect. Also, since I use m43 I need the extra headroom because their low light capabilities aren't as good as their bigger sensor brothers.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that you don't need to worry about white balance at all, it can all be done in post, which is extra useful in low light where cameras tend to be derpy.
That's the dude who also sung the SZS OPs ♥
I think I'm gonna watch that show when I finish Gosick.
One of my absolute favorite OPs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And don't tell me she...
I always hoped they would not go this route.
Wow nice finding of the castle
and lol I don't even think there was any other route..
I wanted to buy legal music, so I went for iTunes. iTunes though lately recently upgraded their music quality to 256kbps AAC/.m4a or somewhere there. When I bought a K-On! CD I compared it to my iTunes K-On! songs and virtually found no difference. Plus, the icons for my music files were blue in .m4a instead of red.
I found out there was a nero AAC encoder for Foobar2000, and found out it was tons better than the paid converter I was using (xilisoft).
It offers VBR 400kbps Q.100 encoding. The plugin includes 512kbps ABR, but I don't find a point in that because it annoys me when the bitrate keeps changing during playback.
I think Australia's ISPs are trying to discourage torrenting by throttling upload speeds. But all that's going to do is decrease the seed/leech ratio!
By the way, that is one nice visual style you have going on there.
Edited by vantt1 - 6/8/14 at 9:07am
Canada does that too
Really? My ISP is a pretty small one and doesn't really care about what you do as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks. It's Lucent. Link here. Has a few problems with certain Windows (3rd party programs) where text constantly overlaps one another so you get this mess of a lot of layers of text on each other but that rarely happens.
Awkward to find a dual-monitor wallpaper that fits this obsolete aspect ratio.
Also it's awful that people think using the bittorrent protocol = pirating all the time now. Sure, pirates use it but it's not the only thing it's used for.
It's okay b/c it's all legal.
Animetake basically only has HorribleSubs and I was too lazy to look elsewhere. Also, I only have 1280x1024 monitors so 720p is enough.
Edited by HybridCore - 6/8/14 at 9:18am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › THE HYPE.............................. Appreciation Thread. 14 seconds ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 23 seconds ago
- › What would you do if you were me?! 29 seconds ago
- › Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere: 33 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 33 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 58 seconds ago
- › Thoughts on the Sony MDR-XB90EX? 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › Bicycle-Fi! 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Audiophile1811
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Mobile Headphones by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by DwightLooi
- › FIDUE A81 In-Ear Noise Isolating Earphones Heaphones with High-End... by Brooko
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)