I wonder what happens if you convert the RAW to JPG?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- Jlab Epic, Don't blow this off if you like Sony MH1 or MH1C Last post on 11/27/13 at 7:32pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 12/10/14
This is a good amplifier in my limited experience, *but*, it might not better than some of the leading solid-state competitors in this price range ($500-600). I haven't compared it too, for...
Wonderful headset. Very underrated because razer gets a lot of hate for being mainstream
The Awei Q9s are really bang for bucks! You can't go wrong with these! Unless you have tiny ears... Packaging: the packaging is standard. It brings the S/M/L tips and a shirt-clip. However, the...
I just got these in from Koss today and initial impressions are incredibly positive. These are Koss' second best headphone available that I have tried (DJ100, DJ200, PRO4AA, PRO4AAT, PRO4AAAT, and...
Comfort and build quality these would not look out of place at £600. Out of all the headphones I have tried these have the best overall sound which works with every type of music and overall sound...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7649
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It will still stay the same as the RAW equivalent only without the headroom to make corrections.
Edited by VortexBlast - 6/8/14 at 3:55am
JPEGs are processed in camera with corrections already taken place, notice how the vignetting is only there for the RAW file. Lightroom has lens correction profiles built in for heaps of equipment, so it will apply those as you import the RAW files.
Cameras always have funky presets for their JPEG files, and while they're all right for most uses, you definitely don't want any of that when taking pictures of the sky. RAW files don't really inherently look better, it's just the JPEG export presets ruining the JPEG, making the RAW file look 'better' than the JPEG in that particular shot.
Anyway, I like to shoot RAW because I have more leeway in bringing back images from doom, because I'm a dumb dumb and always have better things to do than to chimp after every shot making sure it's perfect. Also, since I use m43 I need the extra headroom because their low light capabilities aren't as good as their bigger sensor brothers.
Perhaps one of the biggest advantages is that you don't need to worry about white balance at all, it can all be done in post, which is extra useful in low light where cameras tend to be derpy.
That's the dude who also sung the SZS OPs ♥
I think I'm gonna watch that show when I finish Gosick.
One of my absolute favorite OPs:
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
And don't tell me she...
I always hoped they would not go this route.
Wow nice finding of the castle
and lol I don't even think there was any other route..
I wanted to buy legal music, so I went for iTunes. iTunes though lately recently upgraded their music quality to 256kbps AAC/.m4a or somewhere there. When I bought a K-On! CD I compared it to my iTunes K-On! songs and virtually found no difference. Plus, the icons for my music files were blue in .m4a instead of red.
I found out there was a nero AAC encoder for Foobar2000, and found out it was tons better than the paid converter I was using (xilisoft).
It offers VBR 400kbps Q.100 encoding. The plugin includes 512kbps ABR, but I don't find a point in that because it annoys me when the bitrate keeps changing during playback.
I think Australia's ISPs are trying to discourage torrenting by throttling upload speeds. But all that's going to do is decrease the seed/leech ratio!
By the way, that is one nice visual style you have going on there.
Edited by vantt1 - 6/8/14 at 9:07am
Canada does that too
Really? My ISP is a pretty small one and doesn't really care about what you do as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks. It's Lucent. Link here. Has a few problems with certain Windows (3rd party programs) where text constantly overlaps one another so you get this mess of a lot of layers of text on each other but that rarely happens.
Awkward to find a dual-monitor wallpaper that fits this obsolete aspect ratio.
Also it's awful that people think using the bittorrent protocol = pirating all the time now. Sure, pirates use it but it's not the only thing it's used for.
It's okay b/c it's all legal.
Animetake basically only has HorribleSubs and I was too lazy to look elsewhere. Also, I only have 1280x1024 monitors so 720p is enough.
Edited by HybridCore - 6/8/14 at 9:18am
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Post Your Photography Here #2 (new dial-up 800X600 friendly) 5 seconds ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 seconds ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 35 seconds ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › NEW Schiit Lyr 2: Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › BlackBerry Passport 2 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 4 minutes ago
- › Lehmann Rhinelander by jdpark
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kigisaru
- › AWEI ES-Q9 Super Bass Wooden Earphones Headphones Headsets Fiber... by Mellowship
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by Zombie_X
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by nicholars
- › Sony MDREX10LP/BLK In-Ear Headphones by originalgusbus
- › Shure Sound Isolating Earphone SE315 Hi-Definition Micro Speaker... by acain
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by Zero Decibels
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)