or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7645

post #114661 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Just bought a new barrel, gun stock, dual trigger, reflex red-dot sight, and remote line in for my paintball gun.

 

 

 

#FirstWorldProblems

 

Just had a realization that I spent more on this paintball gun than a real gun would have cost



Mmm them finger taps. I wish airsoft was more of a thing though, $10/100 shots gets quite... expensive...

post #114662 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 



Mmm them finger taps. I wish airsoft was more of a thing though, $10/100 shots gets quite... expensive...

$10 for 100 shots in paintball?

 

Where are you buying your paint?

 

It is commonly $30 for $2000 for mediocre paint here and $60 for 2000 for top quality paint. 

 

I bought the red dot sight for dual use. Sights are not so useful in paintball. It's mainly for my gun to look better, and for the slight benefits it may give sometimes when playing the more slow paced and 'sniping' styled woodball etc. Very cheap anyway and ccan be mounted on a nerf gun or airsoft gun using standard rails. 

post #114663 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

$10 for 100 shots in paintball?

 

Where are you buying your paint?

 

It is commonly $30 for $2000 for mediocre paint here and $60 for 2000 for top quality paint. 

 

I bought the red dot sight for dual use. Sights are not so useful in paintball. It's mainly for my gun to look better, and for the slight benefits it may give sometimes when playing the more slow paced and 'sniping' styled woodball etc. Very cheap anyway and ccan be mounted on a nerf gun or airsoft gun using standard rails. 

I've only gone speedballing about 6 times? It's a pricey hobby here in Canada. Not many good deals here in regards to paint. Also, I don't plan on being a jerk and buy paint and having it shipped in only to have the guy on the receiving end suffer from expired paint.

post #114664 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

I've only gone speedballing about 6 times? It's a pricey hobby here in Canada. Not many good deals here in regards to paint. Also, I don't plan on being a jerk and buy paint and having it shipped in only to have the guy on the receiving end suffer from expired paint.

In my hometown, lots of good deals on paintball gun sets.

 

So...fricking...good. But I don't need them

 

Some dude in my area was selling a very good condition Tippman 98 custom with hopper, CO2 tank, hoppers, and a paintball splatmaster sidearm for $60 USD and it was 10mins from my house.

 

Sadly, I had no use for it.

post #114665 of 157503
Ah how I miss airsoft. That was pretty fun back in high school.
post #114666 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Ah how I miss airsoft. That was pretty fun back in high school.

Too bad airsoft guns are illegal in Australia. They're great fun!

 

I can understand why they're illegal here. Delinquents will use them to rob people all the time, and it's going to be a big problem for the police to deal with.

post #114667 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Too bad airsoft guns are illegal in Australia. They're great fun!

 

I can understand why they're illegal here. Delinquents will use them to rob people all the time, and it's going to be a big problem for the police to deal with.

Autoplay EagleScreech.FLAC

 

 

Sounds like Australia needs some liburatin' 


 

But to be very fair, last I checked, this wasn't a very big problem in country's that have airsoft guns.

 

Obviously, when you initially de-ban goods that can be mistaken for weapons, there will be an increase in using them for such crime generallyy speaking. But in most country's in the world, there isn't a direct correlation between airsoft guns and robbery

 

Because first of all, most robbers that use them are cheap bastards and the cheap $20 airsoft guns, even with tips poorly spray painted black, look cheap and stupid as hell. But to a country like Australia where guns aren't around as much, it may be much harder to differentiate.

 

So yeah, I guess what you are saying, but I wouldn't say it is directly a long-term issue if dealt with correctly in the first place. 

 

And not to mention, that just because it can, doesn't mean it will or should be banned because

 

And those who typically will even try or do this, will already have such motives or pre-emptive characteristics in doing so. Having an airsoft pistol they can disguise mearley masks and doesn't addresses the issue of who are the ones most likely to rob a store. The blame isn't on the airsoft gun, but on that person, and the society and cultural phenomena. 

 

Also, loss prevention measures are already built into stores. Most stores in the USA and worldwide in developed country's have loss prevention measures detailing cashiers to always cooperate and give money no matter what etc. So its not exactly an ultra issue. Obviously, we can speak about setting a culture or precedent for more airsoft robberies in the future, but there are general wordly trends for stuff like this, and it hasn't been an issue, even in south america or S.E.A

 

 

/ Socio Political analysis talk

post #114668 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Oh God, it's this stupid audio-recorder thing that some people here use as a DAP....needless to say that the UI and everything is a complete nightmare. I'm also pretty sure that it only plays WAV files.

Hmm no, that's the Tera Player.

Lazy to check D50 product page, but the newer D100 supports most major formats, even DSD.

post #114669 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

 
Oh God, it's this stupid audio-recorder thing that some people here use as a DAP....needless to say that the UI and everything is a complete nightmare. I'm also pretty sure that it only plays WAV files.
Hmm no, that's the Tera Player.
Lazy to check D50 product page, but the newer D100 supports most major formats, even DSD.
The D100 can record in DSD, which was surprising to me since these devices are usually used by people who don't work in a music studio-like environment.

The D50 only played WAV and MP3 formats since that's what it recorded with, but he D100 can playback those plus DSD, FLAC (surprising for Sony), WMA, and AAC.
post #114670 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Autoplay EagleScreech.FLAC

 

 

Sounds like Australia needs some liburatin' 


 

But to be very fair, last I checked, this wasn't a very big problem in country's that have airsoft guns.

 

Obviously, when you initially de-ban goods that can be mistaken for weapons, there will be an increase in using them for such crime generallyy speaking. But in most country's in the world, there isn't a direct correlation between airsoft guns and robbery

 

Because first of all, most robbers that use them are cheap bastards and the cheap $20 airsoft guns, even with tips poorly spray painted black, look cheap and stupid as hell. But to a country like Australia where guns aren't around as much, it may be much harder to differentiate.

 

So yeah, I guess what you are saying, but I wouldn't say it is directly a long-term issue if dealt with correctly in the first place. 

 

And not to mention, that just because it can, doesn't mean it will or should be banned because

 

And those who typically will even try or do this, will already have such motives or pre-emptive characteristics in doing so. Having an airsoft pistol they can disguise mearley masks and doesn't addresses the issue of who are the ones most likely to rob a store. The blame isn't on the airsoft gun, but on that person, and the society and cultural phenomena. 

 

Also, loss prevention measures are already built into stores. Most stores in the USA and worldwide in developed country's have loss prevention measures detailing cashiers to always cooperate and give money no matter what etc. So its not exactly an ultra issue. Obviously, we can speak about setting a culture or precedent for more airsoft robberies in the future, but there are general wordly trends for stuff like this, and it hasn't been an issue, even in south america or S.E.A

 

 

/ Socio Political analysis talk

^Pretty much this. Everyone is scared that the sudden legalization will instantly have a negative effect on society.

post #114671 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnityIsPower View Post


BTW I'm really eager to see how this anime turns out. Such an obscure setting...
And what anime may that be? redface.gif
post #114672 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

^Pretty much this. Everyone is scared that the sudden legalization will instantly have a negative effect on society.

Australia: Current socio-political issue on legalizing plastic guns that shoot pellets, that typically kids play with

 

Murica: Current socio-polticial issue on fully automatic near-mil spec civillian grade firearms, ammo capacity for ammunition magazines, and availbility of ammunition sales by your local food, clothing, and general-goods store

 

 

Play EagleScreech.m4a

 

 

 

And then there is the UK's reaction to USA and Australian affairs which almost always deal into Canadian affairs.

 

post #114673 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


And what anime may that be? redface.gif

Rail Wars :rolleyes:

 

80% of the promo pictures feature Makoto Shinkai backgrounds w/uber sensual erotic art but with full clothing

 

post #114674 of 157503
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Rail Wars rolleyes.gif

80% of the promo pictures feature Makoto Shinkai backgrounds w/uber sensual erotic art but with full clothing


The position of her left hand is anything but sensual. XD

Other than that:
we-can-do-it-movie-poster-9999-1020380237.jpg

Such sensual feelings.
post #114675 of 157503

Micey is a troll.. :D

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge