Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7472

post #112066 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Well they are listed as Gothic Metal on wiki and that's what she told me. Guess they are decent then, great, will check them out in the morning.

5pm here. Have to wake up in 3 hours. Pfft

I'm in the same time zone ;)

 


 

While we're on the topic of music.... Mahouka OP single is out :D

 

post #112067 of 149781

@Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii ep.5

Not this stupid song again....whatever :|
Very cool episode! Some nice jokes, interesting plot without much BS.
This show really is quiet a surprise :)

post #112068 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

@Mekaku ep.4

Well that was mysterious.
Lots of SHAFTy stuff going on.


No idea what happened near the end there....

post #112069 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 


No idea what happened near the end there....

I know, right? ^o^
Just how I like my anime!

post #112070 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Expected anything else? ♥

 


Great great Nisekoi episode!
******* Ichijo better not get any funny ideas >:(


Onwards to the new Sorademo blabla episode!
Let's see if this one is as packed with plot etc as the last one.

 

lol. I expected some more solid pts.

 

I haven't seen the last 3 Nisekoi episodes yet lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

@Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii ep.5

Not this stupid song again....whatever :|
Very cool episode! Some nice jokes, interesting plot without much BS.
This show really is quiet a surprise :)

Surprise?

 

After seeing the first episode. I was already on track for a good experience with it

post #112071 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I haven't seen the last 3 Nisekoi episodes yet lol
 

Surprise?

After seeing the first episode. I was already on track for a good experience with it

Disgrace.

Getting hooked up after just one episode is dangerous (says the guy who is in love with Hanasaku Iroha since episode one)!


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 5/3/14 at 3:23pm
post #112072 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Disgrace.

Getting hooked up after just one episode is dangerous (says the guy who is in love with Hanasaku Iroha since episode one)!

Not hooked, but seeing potential

post #112073 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

I'm not so sure your GPU is actually outputting a 10 bit signal to the TV, but if it is, that's pretty cool!

 

10 bit color on the LCD panel means 10-bit per color (RGB) = 2^30 = around 1billion colors

 

10bit color in video encoding mean 10-bit per sample = 2^10 = 1024 colors.

 

the reason why we get banding in anime is because of the 8-bit per sample color = 256 colors.

Ahhh, I see, that makes more sense now! Why does it improve compression though? Just curious.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 
Originally Posted by NLNH View Post
 

looking at my 3 seagate hds.... :(

 

Ain't nothing wrong with them, just back up your important data, as you should with ANY hard drive. ^^

 

Life's too short to be worrying about which hard drive is more reliable than the other, just treat them as consumables and be done with it.

Amen, brother. That's why I'm gonna try and get two 4TB HDDs over the summer so I can have a redundant backup of all my animus. :tongue:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

So basically, they could have just got a good batch of Hitachis and a bad batch of Seagates?

 

I'm not so sure your GPU is actually outputting a 10 bit signal to the TV, but if it is, that's pretty cool!

 

Yup, looking forward to Sunday's episode!

 

Neither do I, but reduced banding can be nice.


Finally took the time to sit down and view Akira. Man, for the 80s those were some really well animated scenes. I don't really quite understand the ending, but I think Elfen Lied took a lot of inspiration from this movie.

...kinda

 

Read below. But they basically are going into a sheep herd looking for sheep that have a certain weight, size, and cost characteristic to them. And then quickly telling the owner to put it through a quick excercise. If it passes the excercise and the price stays within their range for buying that sheep and its kind for x amount. Then the guys will buy hundreds of them.

 

This is a more simplified version but it more or less tells you that it is in no way indicitive of the entire company's reliability or performance. The data could be useed as evidence for further research and analyzation and could play a key role in determining reliability. But the data itself can't.

 

 

I didn't like the film at all

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

They use drives we can buy.

Sorry for the crappy formatting above but you can find that table at the source. Anyways, that's a pretty good sample size for an experiment (if you want to call it that). These aren't enterprise drives most of us will basically never buy. I don't get what your point at all. Who cares if it's the number of HDDs they use? These are all consumer drives, not enterprise drives so we can apply this data to our buying choices.

 

Otherwise, I do agree that you can't judge a company by these numbers. It's always the chance of getting a good or a bad drive that dictates somebody's experiments. You'll find a bunch of people out there trash talking Seagate and others who praise them (same with other companies).

 

You're mistaking my statement when I said 'numbers they used'. I meant it in terms of 'who cares what the graphs show'.

 

The point is, is similar to yours.

 

In that they choose HDD's off a set of standards that they have and need based on price and features. Buy a sample unit, and put it through a benchmark before adding it to their workforce. This more or less is highly selective choosing and using of select HDD's. It also may incorporate geographic issues into the mix by which certain HDD's or factories cater to certain regions and will have +- standard deviation of reliability. The +- shouldn't be much, but all facotrs should be considered.

 

Yeah, I know they don't all use enterprise drives. 

Yeah, I getcha. I still won't buy Seagate, at the very least because I'll get crap from some of my WD fanboy friends. :tongue:

 

Lol, somehow I had the feeling you wouldn't... Nobody is gonna try and explain the movie here though? I figured at least one person here would have seen it and understood it or looked up how to interpret it online!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005750

Still needs to steal money for this...

It's on sale!~

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Oh god... this is happening... and I'm going to attend there next year ....

 

http://cusos.org/post/84563910229/what-happens-when-a-student-refuses-to-shake-jamshed

Heh, good luck! 

post #112074 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ahhh, I see, that makes more sense now! Why does it improve compression though? Just curious.

 

Amen, brother. That's why I'm gonna try and get two 4TB HDDs over the summer so I can have a redundant backup of all my animus. :tongue:

 

Yeah, I getcha. I still won't buy Seagate, at the very least because I'll get crap from some of my WD fanboy friends. :tongue:

 

Lol, somehow I had the feeling you wouldn't... Nobody is gonna try and explain the movie here though? I figured at least one person here would have seen it and understood it or looked up how to interpret it online!

 

It's on sale!~

 

Heh, good luck! 

Ain't got no fanboyism here for the two companies. 

 

They are both old geezers in the field. Keeping prices high, not driving as much innovation as they could be, and buying out all the market. They are the invisible hand.


 

Still, the World is Beautiful:

 

I love the costumes they have. It was only until this one that I realized/noticed that they were going for greek/roman(seems more greek) inspired costumes, legends, systems etc.

 

The 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
dress Nike worn in the middle was fantastic. And the fine gold/golden detailed colors and breastplates was gorgeous looking too
post #112075 of 149781

Just finished The World is Beautiful

 

There are a few problems with it. Stemming from the mix of deep elements to light heared situations, and its deus ex machina. However, I think that this anime does it well and in a way that makes it acceptable.

 

There are many times in novels that stuff needs to happen just because. And in that a media series can't really show everything.

 

Some anime don't do this well, but I think that this is a decent exception.

 

Anyway, I'm liking it

post #112076 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Just finished The World is Beautiful

 

There are a few problems with it. Stemming from the mix of deep elements to light heared situations, and its deus ex machina. However, I think that this anime does it well and in a way that makes it acceptable.

 

There are many times in novels that stuff needs to happen just because. And in that a media series can't really show everything.

 

Some anime don't do this well, but I think that this is a decent exception.

 

Anyway, I'm liking it

Excuse me?
Deus ex machina? "Stuff that needs to happen just because"?
What are you referring to here? Did we watch different episodes?

post #112077 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


That looks like a Final Fantasy character art design. XD Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
4-rosa-a.jpg

 

 

Well you have a good eye there miceblue, because Mr Amano is the guy that does the designs for FF. http://tinyurl.com/yzjrhyp

 

 

This is too hard because his name has the word schiit in it lol.


Edited by Muinarc - 5/3/14 at 4:16pm
post #112078 of 149781

Just spent a couple of hours putting my mITX PC together.I've never had to do so much planning before putting parts into a case! xD

 

...and also never had to put a part in...remove it, put it back...remove it again....

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


Edited by Muinarc - 5/3/14 at 4:21pm
post #112079 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ahhh, I see, that makes more sense now! Why does it improve compression though? Just curious.

 

 

It doesn't improve compression so much as allow you to use higher levels of compression because you can "get away with it", if that makes any sense.

post #112080 of 149781
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Excuse me?
Deus ex machina? "Stuff that needs to happen just because"?
What are you referring to here? Did we watch different episodes?

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Deus Ex Machina:
Random ability use all the time despite originally saying that she had to love the place before she could do it and that she had to have special circumstances.

Escaping from the thingy at the bottom by the nick of time.

and all the sudden change of hearts and realizations.

Not to mention that the sudden uber lovely dovey 'I want him to be my husband' type of thought that kind of just popped out of nowhere.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge