or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7472

post #112066 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

True, maybe we need some obscure Chinese company that charges half the price and still has good reliability to shake up the market, kind of like what I think may start happening soon in the smartphone market!

 

Wow, that looks pretty sweet!

Show us some pictures when it's done being built, lol. To be honest, each of the two fans is almost as big as the mobo, and the power supply is about that big too. Almost seems like a waste to have such a small mobo in a relatively large case... (shrug)

And why do you upload to Tinypic btw? I can't click over and see larger size images XD

 

Hmm, not really...

Basically you can apply higher levels of compression and not notice it?

 

Like Xiaomi?

 

I don't think the new company should do what Samsung does. (it can't also). 

 

Something like Lenovo would be good for China. In the sense that it takes current practices and technologies, and just produces quality stuff. It takes inspiration (albeit legally) from the market, but doesn't copy the schiit that is dangerous to copy.

 

Something kinda similar to FiiO. (FiiO is in grey area very/too often)

 

But what you are saying is a currently unfilled required sector within China. It is BOUND to happen or start there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyrongatti View Post
 

It seems so bias, like the author is blaming Samsung for the downfall of Sharp and Pioneer.

There are moments like that yes. And there is a lot of info, and no sources so there is that.

 

HOWEVER, the business practices, court rulings, and general things it notes are accurate

post #112067 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 

Just spent a couple of hours putting my mITX PC together.I've never had to do so much planning before putting parts into a case! xD

 

...and also never had to put a part in...remove it, put it back...remove it again....

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

 

Kinda seems like a waste of an mITX form factor to me...how tall is it (CPU cooler clearance, not tower height)? 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Basically you can apply higher levels of compression and not notice it?

10-bit per sample>8-bit per sample. You get 4 x the information per sample, therefore compression is more efficient. In some cases, a video encoded in 8-bit really is 4 x larger than a 10-bit version in terms of file size. 

 

post #112068 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

10-bit per sample>8-bit per sample. You get 4 x the information per sample, therefore compression is more efficient. In some cases, a video encoded in 8-bit really is 4 x larger than a 10-bit version in terms of file size. 

 

 

Yeah... haven't noticed that being the case honestly.  Subgroups tend to be pretty slapdash about how they encode.  While most indeed use 10-bit, the files size can remain horrifically huge. 

post #112069 of 158351

Been playing War Thunder ground forces and also went back to RO: Ostfront and RO: 2 for comparison sake.

 

With larger map, control scheme, ammo distributions. WT:GF in "Sim" mode is going to be fun, as much as I miss ordering my gunner and driver by voice, being able to solo tank with relative realism is enjoyable.

 

Goodbye WOT when it comes out proper. So much want!

 

post #112070 of 158351

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! It was a pretty awesome day.

post #112071 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 

I dunno I've used tinypic for ages, I feel bad loading up the headfi server with pics that wont matter in a few days I guess. Remember, this case can hold 6 3.5" drives + 2 2.5" drives. When I put the cooler, video card, and drive cage in there, you'll see that there is barely any room to spare :)

 

 

Yes, that's what I meant with the compression.

Ah okay, I see. Who cares, head-fi will delete them if they don't care. :p

Looking forward to your final build pics !

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

True, maybe we need some obscure Chinese company that charges half the price and still has good reliability to shake up the market, kind of like what I think may start happening soon in the smartphone market!

 

Wow, that looks pretty sweet!

Show us some pictures when it's done being built, lol. To be honest, each of the two fans is almost as big as the mobo, and the power supply is about that big too. Almost seems like a waste to have such a small mobo in a relatively large case... (shrug)

And why do you upload to Tinypic btw? I can't click over and see larger size images XD

 

Hmm, not really...

Basically you can apply higher levels of compression and not notice it?

 

Like Xiaomi?

 

I don't think the new company should do what Samsung does. (it can't also). 

 

Something like Lenovo would be good for China. In the sense that it takes current practices and technologies, and just produces quality stuff. It takes inspiration (albeit legally) from the market, but doesn't copy the schiit that is dangerous to copy.

 

Something kinda similar to FiiO. (FiiO is in grey area very/too often)

 

But what you are saying is a currently unfilled required sector within China. It is BOUND to happen or start there.

Whut?

I'm just talking about how I hope some no-name Chinese company to start making hard drives at 50% the retail price of WD and Seagate. That's what I'm talking about.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Quote:

Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Basically you can apply higher levels of compression and not notice it?

10-bit per sample>8-bit per sample. You get 4 x the information per sample, therefore compression is more efficient. In some cases, a video encoded in 8-bit really is 4 x larger than a 10-bit version in terms of file size. 

 

Yeah, file sizes are lowered dramatically. Too bad re-encodes aren't allowed on animebyes or else I would have transcoded all my stuff and uploaded it. 

I can also say I subjectively noticed a bit of a difference using the batch 8-10 bit converter Chasenuva1 made, but it could have just been my eyes playing tricks on me... (shrug)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

10-bit per sample>8-bit per sample. You get 4 x the information per sample, therefore compression is more efficient. In some cases, a video encoded in 8-bit really is 4 x larger than a 10-bit version in terms of file size. 

 

 

Yeah... haven't noticed that being the case honestly.  Subgroups tend to be pretty slapdash about how they encode.  While most indeed use 10-bit, the files size can remain horrifically huge. 

CoughcoalgirlsCough

post #112072 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

Been playing War Thunder ground forces and also went back to RO: Ostfront and RO: 2 for comparison sake.

 

With larger map, control scheme, ammo distributions. WT:GF in "Sim" mode is going to be fun, as much as I miss ordering my gunner and driver by voice, being able to solo tank with relative realism is enjoyable.

 

Goodbye WOT when it comes out proper. So much want!

 

 

 

I've read some unbiased reviews on the two and so far it seems like GF has some serious fun but also some serious issues. Mainly in that it is very high RNG prone which encourages a bit of camping, scouting function works in a way that encourages more camping, having planes overhead blowing you up which encourages camping, and a hostile dense landscape which encourages camping

 

Are the things I am hearing that are against it

 

I am also reading many good things abou tit though

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! It was a pretty awesome day.

Had any shark fin soup or tiger pen15 or rhino horn today?

 

(making fun of TCM)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ah okay, I see. Who cares, head-fi will delete them if they don't care. :p

Looking forward to your final build pics !

 

Whut?

I'm just talking about how I hope some no-name Chinese company to start making hard drives at 50% the retail price of WD and Seagate. That's what I'm talking about.

 

Yeah, file sizes are lowered dramatically. Too bad re-encodes aren't allowed on animebyes or else I would have transcoded all my stuff and uploaded it. 

I can also say I subjectively noticed a bit of a difference using the batch 8-10 bit converter Chasenuva1 made, but it could have just been my eyes playing tricks on me... (shrug)

 

CoughcoalgirlsCough

Not sure if that will be possible but who knows

post #112073 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Kinda seems like a waste of an mITX form factor to me...how tall is it (CPU cooler clearance, not tower height)? 

 

 

Max cooler height is 57mm. The drive cage creates clearance issues as it extends just past the ram slots.


Edited by Muinarc - 5/3/14 at 9:23pm
post #112074 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 

Just spent a couple of hours putting my mITX PC together.I've never had to do so much planning before putting parts into a case! xD

 

...and also never had to put a part in...remove it, put it back...remove it again....

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

y u no black zipties.

post #112075 of 158351
Holy mother of God. I just watched Gravity. It totally deserves all 7 of the Oscar awards it won.

And now while I'm in the space mood, time to listen to some ambient music.
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a72300/songs-of-vastness

Edited by miceblue - 5/3/14 at 9:32pm
post #112076 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

y u no black zipties.


You just had to go there huh?! Well I do have some but they are huge and no one will ever see the insides once it's sealed up.

 

 

 

 

@miceblueYeah that movie is pretty good. Really enjoyed it in the theater, I tired to get everyone to see it on the big screen before it was too late.

post #112077 of 158351
Woah...has anyone here been to the Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium? That looks like an amazing aquarium! I'd definitely want to go there were I to visit Japan. Apparently it's the 2nd largest aquarium in the world right behind the legendary Georgia Aquarium.


The whale sharks at the Georgia Aquarium were a sight to behold.



Edited by miceblue - 5/3/14 at 9:55pm
post #112078 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ahhh, I see, that makes more sense now! Why does it improve compression though? Just curious.

Nah, I was wrong, MPEG rarely encode video in the RGB color space but rather YCbCr because this way they can easily throw away the color information that humans are less sensitive to.

10-bit in Hi10P refers to the color depth of the RGB output as deadly mentioned applies to all colors which means you still get 2^30 colors.

 

The Hi10P profile supports up to 4:2:0 YCbCr in the encoded video which means if you have a 100x100 image, the brightness information is preserved and the colors would have a reduced resolution of 50x50. Note that color depth is not changed.

 

As for why having higher bit depth improve compression? I have no idea.... and I doubt many will.

The best guess I could give you is that during the step that reduces spectral bandwidth of the compression process, they use what's called Discrete Cosine Transform (DCT, discrete version of Fourier transform then taking only the real part) to extract spectral data, My guess is that this step may benefit from higher bit depth.

 

TBH, I know very little about signal processing and heck.... I flunked my signals course last semester so who am I to talk right?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Akuma no Riddle

 

Show could be a lot better but still fine

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My biggest qualm with the show is in how the people handle each other. Haru knows what is going on, and everyone in the class does as well. But the anime literally gives you SoL, and then boom, black card, and then stupid Haru does something, and the assasin loses at the end.

Not to mention, the MC blue haried girl is hopelessly unprepared so often. She knows schiit is comming, but still allows her to go into a dark library and leave the door open or something? Not to mention, the other assassin girl pegged her entire operation on the secret library that she didn't even know about before? What if they didn't go to the library? huh?

 

Basically, it's a decent show, but its conviction and execution is severely off.

Meh, I can enjoy it.

Looking forward to the new ED each ep.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post

 

:3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys! It was a pretty awesome day.

 

Welcome back ~ !

 

Still playing VNs?

post #112079 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

 

Had any shark fin soup or tiger pen15 or rhino horn today?

 

(making fun of TCM)

 

Not sure if that will be possible but who knows

 

No, no TCM for me today. Though my grandma is a pretty big believer in it, and my mom to an extent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

 

Welcome back ~ !

 

Still playing VNs?

Thanks! Yep, still reading VNs. Last one I finished was Swan Song about a month ago. Been waiting for school to be over (like 2 weeks left) before I start Steins;Gate.

post #112080 of 158351
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Holy mother of God. I just watched Gravity. It totally deserves all 7 of the Oscar awards it won.

And now while I'm in the space mood, time to listen to some ambient music.
http://www.jamendo.com/en/list/a72300/songs-of-vastness
 

 

I liked that the movie used space equipment from NASA, FKA, and CSP (USA, RF, PRC)

 

However for the most part, I found it a bit stale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegunner100 View Post
 

 

No, no TCM for me today. Though my grandma is a pretty big believer in it, and my mom to an extent.

 

Thanks! Yep, still reading VNs. Last one I finished was Swan Song about a month ago. Been waiting for school to be over (like 2 weeks left) before I start Steins;Gate.

My mom is to an extent as well.

 

But she draws the line at saving lives etc and random tricks that you can give a quick go to. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge