Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7427

post #111391 of 153673
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005750&page=top

flaming ****balls on a crucifix must acquire need to rob someone
post #111392 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005750&page=top

flaming ****balls on a crucifix must acquire need to rob someone


Right now I have my eyes on a pretty sweet looking SZS artbook.

post #111393 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

interested in the rest of the parts and the cost. since i've always dreamt of a mini itx just so that i can spare my laptop the pain of pushing everything.

Everything is pretty standard actually. Mix and match depending on your budget, and just throw everything into the rig. In my case, a 4570, 840Evo 250GB, Gskill Ares 4x2GB, Seasonic X750, and maybe a 2TB WD Black. Still not sure which 780ti(EVGA Superclocked, maybe) to get but should total around $1.5~7k.

Not sure about a case yet but a Elite 110/130 would be ideal. Either that or I build her one with a H440.
post #111394 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Everything is pretty standard actually. Mix and match depending on your budget, and just throw everything into the rig. In my case, a 4570, 840Evo 250GB, Gskill Ares 4x2GB, Seasonic X750, and maybe a 2TB WD Black. Still not sure which 780ti(EVGA Superclocked, maybe) to get but should total around $1.5~7k.

Not sure about a case yet but a Elite 110/130 would be ideal. Either that or I build her one with a H440.

There's a huge difference between them ITX and Mid Towers in size :o

post #111395 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

There's a huge difference between them ITX and Mid Towers in size redface.gif

Yeah, she asked for a mitx, would have to run it by her if I decided to go Mid tower
post #111396 of 153673

Happy late birthday deadly and Miceblue...............

 

First 7 or so minutes of Unicorn 7 is out. Decent birthday present IMO. :p

 

So is Dark Souls 2 actually. tis a good day.

post #111397 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Yeah, she asked for a mitx, would have to run it by her if I decided to go Mid tower

 

When I was building my HTPC, I had my eye on the Fractal Define Mini:

 

 

But sadly my local computer shop didn't have it in stock. So I opted for the much less elegant Coolermaster N200.

 

 

Mini ITX cases are weird. They're not too small, but not too big either. Most of them don't have enough room for two HDDs and one ODD, so I had to opt for a minitower.

post #111398 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Right now I have my eyes on a pretty sweet looking SZS artbook.

Sweet ass.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

interested in the rest of the parts and the cost. since i've always dreamt of a mini itx just so that i can spare my laptop the pain of pushing everything.

Everything is pretty standard actually. Mix and match depending on your budget, and just throw everything into the rig. In my case, a 4570, 840Evo 250GB, Gskill Ares 4x2GB, Seasonic X750, and maybe a 2TB WD Black. Still not sure which 780ti(EVGA Superclocked, maybe) to get but should total around $1.5~7k.

Not sure about a case yet but a Elite 110/130 would be ideal. Either that or I build her one with a H440.

Is that in MYR or USD? I assume it's not USD since 1.5K is a lot already.
post #111399 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Sweet ass.
Is that in MYR or USD? I assume it's not USD since 1.5K is a lot already.

Usd. The GPU alone is 2.7k local. Even if I bought I from amazon, the EVGA 780ti SC is 2.2k after conversions. ~500 for the CPU, ~300 for ram, ~550 for the SSD, 650 for HDD, ~180 for the case, ~630 for the PSU. Things add up, but again, I built this for and enthusiast highschool gamer in mind. So you could probably skimp on a lot of that. A R9 280x for example would make for a very good mid-tier gpu
post #111400 of 153673
Oh. Probably I'll aim for the recommended specs for Dark Souls 2 to play at standard 60FPS at high. Assuming I can get a job first.
post #111401 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Oh. Probably I'll aim for the recommended specs for Dark Souls 2 to play at standard 60FPS at high. Assuming I can get a job first.

Might I ask why mitx? A mid/full tower would be much easier, the mobo I listed is twice the price of a Asrock Z87 Extreme3, not to mention I had to go full modular PSU, while you would probably only need a 650W bronze modular one. Which would be much cheaper.
post #111402 of 153673

 

wut...?

 

Quote:
 Orichalcum or aurichalcum is a metal mentioned in several ancient writings, including a story of Atlantis in the Critias dialogue, recorded by Plato. According to Critias, orichalcum was considered second only to gold in value, and was found and mined in many parts of Atlantis in ancient times. By the time of Critias, however, it was known only by name.
 
- Wikipedia

 

WUT???

post #111403 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

Oh. Probably I'll aim for the recommended specs for Dark Souls 2 to play at standard 60FPS at high. Assuming I can get a job first.

Dark Souls 2 best game.
Hard as ****.
11/10
-IGN

post #111404 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Dark Souls 2 best game.
Hard as ****.
11/10
-IGN


Current steam page top review:

 

Game is so hard I can't even launch it

11/10

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

 

wut...?

 

 

WUT???


It's one of those words JRPG developers love using randomly.


Edited by 0o0o0o - 4/25/14 at 8:34am
post #111405 of 153673
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

Happy birthday Michelle!

 

It was my birthday yesterday on the 24th, my power supply finally decided to call it quits that night as well, and unfortunately, it was a public holiday on the 25th so the computer shops are going to be closed for the long weekend.

 

The PSU was a 7 year old silverstone, I guess mining for a year finally destroyed it, it wasn't a spectacular failure by any means, it just didn't power on anymore. I think I'll upgrade to a Seasonic platinum 860...

 

So here I am listening to tunes with the Apple EarPods on a Macbook Air (which is nearly as good the Stax rig), sipping a dram from a $230 bottle of scotch (which is nearly as good as a standard $80 bottle).

 

Eh, could be worse...:p 

Happy belated birthday Deadly-san!

 

That's a real bummer! Speaking of PSUs, mine is almost 7 years old as well (along with my GPU for that matter) but it's still running. *knock on wood*

 

Speaking of PSUs failing though, last year I was working on a PC with the side panel off and I was looking inside to see if there was any damage to anything on the motherboard (computer was not turning on) when some capacitors in the PSU decided to fail catastrophically, making firecracker/gunfire like sounds next to my face when they did. :o

 

...Why is scotch so damn expensive in your country???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-005750&page=top

flaming ****balls on a crucifix must acquire need to rob someone

I like how this is on the related products list:

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-002571

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

 

wut...?

 

Quote:
 Orichalcum or aurichalcum is a metal mentioned in several ancient writings, including a story of Atlantis in the Critias dialogue, recorded by Plato. According to Critias, orichalcum was considered second only to gold in value, and was found and mined in many parts of Atlantis in ancient times. By the time of Critias, however, it was known only by name.
 
- Wikipedia

 

WUT???

#Themoreyouknow

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge