Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7400

post #110986 of 149439
Has anyone taken Iaido before? This looks like a really interesting martial arts.
post #110987 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Watching new episode of Still The World is Beautiful right now :DDDDD

Not out yet in the realm of Streamistan.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

It's been 3 years, and my god. The OST for Guilty Crown still can't be topped. 

I beg to differ!

post #110988 of 149439

The new Mushishi episode is even better than the previous one!
Really really awesome :)
I totally want to know how they manage to come up with all these amazing stories.
The persistent level of quality in this anime is astounding.

 


The second Mekaku episode was....not like the first one.
Still no sign of an overarching story, but whatever.
The little song bit at the end was nice.
And, needless to say, I'm totally in love with all the SHAFT stuff going on in this show ♥
I hope they don't plan on introducing all characters before the real story begins. That would be kind of a bad move considering how many of them are in this show.

Was okay.

post #110989 of 149439

I still don't like her.

Ichijou is one poor son of a gun.

post #110990 of 149439

Ep 3 of Captain Earth reminds me of Star Driver... the song is so similar.

post #110991 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Not out yet in the realm of Streamistan.

 

I beg to differ!

nuh uh!!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

The new Mushishi episode is even better than the previous one!
Really really awesome :)
I totally want to know how they manage to come up with all these amazing stories.
The persistent level of quality in this anime is astounding.

 


The second Mekaku episode was....not like the first one.
Still no sign of an overarching story, but whatever.
The little song bit at the end was nice.
And, needless to say, I'm totally in love with all the SHAFT stuff going on in this show ♥
I hope they don't plan on introducing all characters before the real story begins. That would be kind of a bad move considering how many of them are in this show.

Was okay.

Haven't seen Mekaku yet. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I still don't like her.

Ichijou is one poor son of a gun.

I don't like her either. 

post #110992 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Has anyone taken Iaido before? This looks like a really interesting martial arts.
 

 

I have a good friend that takes Iaido and Kendo lessons. He showed me his boken and shinai and the various techniques and movements used in both arts. It was very interesting.

 

 

Today, I went to the Polymanga 2014 Japan Con in Montreux. One of the biggest Manga/Anime con in Europe, just behind Japan Expo in Paris.

I saw Patema Inverted or Sakasama no Patema and I really, really liked it.

It was a great and enjoyable film. The story is kind of your typical Girl meets Boy story but with a twist, the community where the girl comes from lives with the gravity reversed which means she falls upwards towards the sky.

The story in itself is very well executed with nice comedic elements and it always keeps you entertained but I think that may be due to the strange world they live in. They also did a good job of not going overboard in the details of the world and why the gravity is reversed and it has very good pacing without leaving any major plot holes.

The antagonist was quite formulaic and generic but I really didn't mind that, they did a good enough job to focus the story on Patema and Age, the two main characters and talking about those two, they are really appealing characters and they have great pairing.

Overall, this film gives a fresh new look on a familiar story. It is well executed and doesn't make the mistake of dragging too long or go overboard in the details and with pleasing art and animation, this film is surely a very good watch.

 

I will highly recommend you to watch this film, if it ever comes out on blu-ray or torrents or in cinemas (which is highly unlikely).

post #110993 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

I have a good friend that takes Iaido and Kendo lessons. He showed me his boken and shinai and the various techniques and movements used in both arts. It was very interesting.

 

 

Today, I went to the Polymanga 2014 Japan Con in Montreux. One of the biggest Manga/Anime con in Europe, just behind Japan Expo in Paris.

I saw Patema Inverted or Sakasama no Patema and I really, really liked it.

It was a great and enjoyable film. The story is kind of your typical Girl meets Boy story but with a twist, the community where the girl comes from lives with the gravity reversed which means she falls upwards towards the sky.

The story in itself is very well executed with nice comedic elements and it always keeps you entertained but I think that may be due to the strange world they live in. They also did a good job of not going overboard in the details of the world and why the gravity is reversed and it has very good pacing without leaving any major plot holes.

The antagonist was quite formulaic and generic but I really didn't mind that, they did a good enough job to focus the story on Patema and Age, the two main characters and talking about those two, they are really appealing characters and they have great pairing.

Overall, this film gives a fresh new look on a familiar story. It is well executed and doesn't make the mistake of dragging too long or go overboard in the details and with pleasing art and animation, this film is surely a very good watch.

 

I will highly recommend you to watch this film, if it ever comes out on blu-ray or torrents or in cinemas (which is highly unlikely).

Thanks for the review

 

Fortune will have it that it is being released onto Blu Ray in 6 days!

post #110994 of 149439

Watching Akuma no Riddle. Still need to finish the 3rd episode but it's still a little iffy for me. I still don't know if it'll be on my to watch list or not.

post #110995 of 149439

@Nisekoi 15

 

 

 

 

post #110996 of 149439

Mekaku 2. Sasuga Shafuto. Revising the OP already.

post #110997 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

@Nisekoi 15

 

 

 

 

Did you make and notice this yourself?

post #110998 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Did you make and notice this yourself?

lol why not? the references are so obvious.

 


@mekakucity actors 2

 

This seriously reminds me of ----monogatari.

 


@Seikoku no dragonar 3

 

Do I see a dragon d**k???

Like... what IS that sticking out of his crotch?

 

post #110999 of 149439
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I still don't like her.

Ichijou is one poor son of a gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

I don't like her either. 

......
post #111000 of 149439

@ Captain Earth 3

 

That insert song...... WANT.

Can't find it anywhere online (>_<)

 

 

EDIT:

holy crap... I've already played that scene in the anime 3 times over for this song already....


Edited by akiroz - 4/20/14 at 1:35am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge