Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7345

post #110161 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Welp, finished Luna's route in Bloody†Rondo... on to Alice's route :D

 

 

Lol, looks like pretty standard VN romance stuff from here...

Hurry up and come play Rewrite or Steins;Gate!

post #110162 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

it's going to be instant crap.

I ********* knew it.

Either that or canned coffees. Either way, it's not going to be pretty
post #110163 of 131053
Well I'm due for another anime impression/review. I kind of got bogged down with some long series so that's why it's been a while.

Today I will cover Tales of the Abyss. I have never played any of the Tales games, but I did know going into this series that it was based on a game wink.gif

In all, I feel like someone trolled me when they recommended this one. It was VERY hard to finish for me. As I have said many times before, adventure fantasy/sci-fi is probably my favorite genre of anime, and they can usually be pretty mediocre and I can finish them.... but TotA really tried my patience. The animation was above average, and the story was decent enough (in a way). That's about it for the things I liked.

I have a feeling this followed the game quite closely because it felt like I was watching a JRPG. The going back and forth (like 50 times) between 3 city-states, the support characters casting spells to give the MC time to attack, etc. If you were into that kinda thing, I think you might enjoy those little parts. To me, I found it distracting and it did more harm than good where telling a story was concerned.

The characters were where I was let down the most. Luke, our MC starts out as a whiny sheltered child. There is a good reason for this.... but even when he has an epiphany and changes his outlook on the world and the person he aspires to be..... he was still a little bit of a wuss. The other 15 or so characters were amazingly shallow feeling even though they all had well laid out back stories, a case of character-overload and lack of screen time possibly.

Then there was the pacing. This show was 26 episods, but probably should have been 16 or so. A victim of the anime system? I'm not so sure, there weren't really any filler episodes. There were 3 places they could have ended the story, but it kept having a "but wait, there's more" event. This is why I had such a hard time getting through it all.

5/10

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Edited by Muinarc - 4/10/14 at 1:30pm
post #110164 of 131053

What am I looking at?! D:



This has to be the weirdest game Nintendo made in many years....good lord....

post #110165 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post

Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka
Lize best girl. Other than that, nothing much, cute (loli) girls doing cute things. Except instead of playing in a band, they brew coffee.

First impressions: 5/10
Loli factor: 8.75/10


So help me god if this spawns Moe-Coffee.... Heads are going to roll. Especially if it's schiit instant crap

 

dayum, lots of anime out today

 

is that scale on regular scale or imperial scale?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

Well I'm due for another anime impression/review. I kind of got bogged down with some long series so that's why it's been a while.

Today I will cover Tales of the Abyss. I have never played any of the Tales games, but I did know going into this series that it was based on a game wink.gif

In all, I feel like someone trolled me when they recommended this one. It was VERY hard to finish for me. As I have said many times before, adventure fantasy/sci-fi is probably my favorite genre of anime, and they can usually be pretty mediocre and I can finish them.... but TotA really tried my patience. The animation was above average, and the story was decent enough (in a way). That's about it for the things I liked.

I have a feeling this followed the game quite closely because it felt like I was watching a JRPG. The going back and forth (like 50 times) between 3 city-states, the support characters casting spells to give the MC time to attack, etc. If you were into that kinda thing, I think you might enjoy those little parts. To me, I found it distracting and it did more harm than good where telling a story was concerned.

The characters were where I was let down the most. Luke, our MC starts out as a whiny sheltered child. There is a good reason for this.... but even when he has an epiphany and changes his outlook on the world and the person he aspires to be..... he was still a little bit of a wuss. The other 15 or so characters were amazingly shallow feeling even though they all had well laid out back stories, a case of character-overload and lack of screen time possibly.

Then there was the pacing. This show was 26 episods, but probably should have been 16 or so. A victim of the anime system? I'm not so sure, there weren't really any filler episodes. There were 3 places they could have ended the story, but it kept having a "but wait, there's more" event. This is why I had such a hard time getting through it all.

5/10

 

Whiny MC, shallow other characters

 

Sounds like the anime I hate :D

post #110166 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

XD
post #110167 of 131053

Anyone watched the first episode of this coffin girl episode?
Any good?

post #110168 of 131053

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin holds a lot of promise, somewhat slow beginning, but still enjoyable nonetheless.

 

The intro was perfectly handled, a mystery done right. Seems that the producers want to follow the pacing one to one with the LN.

post #110169 of 131053
Nanana's is one I've been looking forward to. A-1 and Aniplex usually = good OST, how was the OP and ED?
post #110170 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

Hitsugi no Chaika looks fairly decent to me, I love adventure/fantasy animu most of the time. It's always nice to watch a show that has no school in it wink.gif


Image and video hosting by TinyPic


 



@TYG: ^ That coffin girl anime? I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea, but if you can give it a shot, watch up to the cafe scene near the begenning and make a decision to continue from there.
post #110171 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Anyone watched the first episode of this coffin girl episode?
Any good?

Yeah, I posted it last night

 

It's 50/50 for you. I think that for you, you'd be more on the side of not liking it

 

But for me, it was quite interesting. The world building, and magic/melee fighting style is very organic and not flowery like others. And so far, going quite well. But the fan service here and there (not too many) and the MC may not be something you like

 

She's the airhead that can barely speak full sentences and gets into messy situations.

post #110172 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

Nanana's is one I've been looking forward to. A-1 and Aniplex usually = good OST, how was the OP and ED?
Skipped most of both, OP seemed fine enough; the usual display of characters running and jumping about the scene while playing music. ED was probably better, but I only watched the first 3 seconds of it.

Either way, this is one of the better shows airing this season.
post #110173 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 

 

Hitsugi no Chaika looks fairly decent to me, I love adventure/fantasy animu most of the time. It's always nice to watch a show that has no school in it wink.gif

 

 

 



@TYG: ^ That coffin girl anime? I don't know if it'll be your cup of tea, but if you can give it a shot, watch up to the cafe scene near the begenning and make a decision to continue from there.

Knowing TYG, the real decision maker will be the scene after with the....bread making part. He's the type that may insta-drop a series from that or may not

post #110174 of 131053
Nice. I'll be looking forward to it even more. If only my overlords would let me go home ;(
post #110175 of 131053
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Knowing TYG, the real decision maker will be the scene after with the....bread making part. He's the type that may insta-drop a series from that or may not

 




Shhhhhhhh .... xD

You're gonna spoil my flawless setup!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge