Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7304

post #109546 of 152172

The first scene in Captain Earth.....

 

Uhh.... the kid found out there was no santa?

post #109547 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

OMG Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is AWESOME!!!

WHY YOU GUYS NO LIKE??

 

Great show comes with great OP: "Rising Hope" by LiSA :D

You are joking, right?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

The first scene in Captain Earth.....

 

Uhh.... the kid found out there was no santa?

Most likely :|

post #109548 of 152172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Yup.
 

Because there seems to be nothing this season that is worth hyping.
Well, except for the second Mushishi season. Doesn't need hype.

Yup. It's just that good.

post #109549 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

This season feels underhyped for some reason... 

 

I'm not expecting much.  Despite Gainax tossing something into the pot this year, I refuse to get hyped over anything.  A few watchable shows, maybe a few even worth getting hyped once they get rolling.  Anyway... I've got a decent backlog from the past 2 seasons.  The manga artist and assistant one looks amusing.  Manga was fun at least. Last season breakdown for me. 

 

-Witch Craft Works proved to be a tad confusing, but quite nice to watch.

-Nobunagun... execution fell flat pretty fast, still watched it to the end.  I personally enjoyed it.

-Sakura Trick... ummm... It's aight I guess... still need to finish it.

-Magical Warfare, no clue how I'll get through this.  I was annoyed by the protag within 5 minutes, and the show kinda lost me within 15.

-Space Dandy has actually turned out oodles better than expected.  It has its moments that make me enjoy it far more than Cowboy Bebop.  Heresy? Damn if I care. 

post #109550 of 152172

@ Jojo fans and Mushishi fans

 

Do I need to see Season 1 of both of these to watch these? Most say no as Mushishi is episodic and for some reaoson, people are saying ep 1 of Jojo new season is fine to just start out on. 

post #109551 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMushroom View Post
 

-Space Dandy has actually turned out oodles better than expected.  It has its moments that make me enjoy it far more than Cowboy Bebop.  Heresy? Damn if I care. 

Hmmm I have to see what the second season of Space Dandy has to offer.
The first one was excellent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

@ Jojo fans and Mushishi fans

 

Do I need to see Season 1 of both of these to watch these? Most say no as Mushishi is episodic and for some reaoson, people are saying ep 1 of Jojo new season is fine to just start out on. 

I could imagine that JoJo is a bit confusing at first. No idea though.

Just jump right into the Mushishi fun :)
The first episode of the second season explains as much as the first of the first season did. The whole lore isn't that complicated and like you already said, there is no overarching story that you missed.

post #109552 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

You are joking, right?

No, I'm serious. Loved it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

@ Jojo fans and Mushishi fans

 

Do I need to see Season 1 of both of these to watch these? Most say no as Mushishi is episodic and for some reaoson, people are saying ep 1 of Jojo new season is fine to just start out on. 

Yes, you need S1 for Jojo, it won't make any sense otherwise.

 

Not sure about mushishi, not following the series.

post #109553 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

@ Jojo fans and Mushishi fans

 

Do I need to see Season 1 of both of these to watch these? Most say no as Mushishi is episodic and for some reaoson, people are saying ep 1 of Jojo new season is fine to just start out on. 

DUDE!! u must see JOJO from the start!! this is the best manga!! its always hard to pick what is your #1 manga! i mean JOJO is the best!! i am on part 6 now, part 1-4 was in shonen jump thats why part 5 and up is way better! crazier without limits, that being said, part 1-2 got different power type, where part 3 and up is where his new power type appeared.

long story short watch part 1-3 as anime, then go read the manga, you wont regret it!! my favorite was one piece till JOJO came and crushed it so hard XD 

btw one piece is failing since the time skip period.... shonen jump is middling into the manga/anime  so much... 

post #109554 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


Just jump right into the Mushishi fun :)
The first episode of the second season explains as much as the first of the first season did. The whole lore isn't that complicated and like you already said, there is no overarching story that you missed.

Mushishi is one of the only shows that can make info-dumping enjoyable.

post #109555 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

No, I'm serious. Loved it.

Well....godspeed you.

post #109556 of 152172
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

@ Jojo fans and Mushishi fans

 

Do I need to see Season 1 of both of these to watch these? Most say no as Mushishi is episodic and for some reaoson, people are saying ep 1 of Jojo new season is fine to just start out on. 

With Mushishi, it just first states the concepts of Mushi to you in the first episode or so. Every episode is basically a different story and it's very, very enjoyable. Just watch the 1st few episodes of the 1st season so you get the general gist of it. You can skip to S2 right after those few episodes (but I recommend watching all of it because it's fantastic).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Hmmm I have to see what the second season of Space Dandy has to offer.
The first one was excellent.

 

I could imagine that JoJo is a bit confusing at first. No idea though.

Just jump right into the Mushishi fun :)
The first episode of the second season explains as much as the first of the first season did. The whole lore isn't that complicated and like you already said, there is no overarching story that you missed.

Yup. All of that epicness. There are so many references and they're integrated so well. Animation and art style was amazing.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonatic View Post
 

Mushishi is one of the only shows that can make info-dumping enjoyable.

This. Although, I wouldn't really call it info-dumping though.

post #109557 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

OMG Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei is AWESOME!!!

WHY YOU GUYS NO LIKE??

 

Great show comes with great OP: "Rising Hope" by LiSA :D

 

Haha, boris' happiness is quite something.

 

They apparently don't like the cliche ):

post #109558 of 152172

I would love to see a Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko Season II. I have yet to find a cast of more lovable characters.

 

Shaft's characters never feel superficial, and I always find their wit superhuman. 

post #109559 of 152172
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

With Mushishi, it just first states the concepts of Mushi to you in the first episode or so. Every episode is basically a different story and it's very, very enjoyable. Just watch the 1st few episodes of the 1st season so you get the general gist of it. You can skip to S2 right after those few episodes (but I recommend watching all of it because it's fantastic).

 

Yup. All of that epicness. There are so many references and they're integrated so well. Animation and art style was amazing.

 

This. Although, I wouldn't really call it info-dumping though.

I saw episode 1 of the first season. I started falling asleep...no joke. I wasn't even tired. IT was just so relaxing and mellow. 

 

Gonna take a look see of the mahou seitoukai animes first

 

Captain Earth is getting very good feedback. It's made by bones which is why I think its good so far

post #109560 of 152172
Thread Starter 

Mushishi is a very relaxing series. Nice series to watch on a gloomy, rainy day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge