or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7224

post #108346 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Oh, I know. I've tried to rationalize buying another GPU JUST for mining, but I either didn't have the money, or just couldn't be arsed to risk my money and put undue stress on my rig just to make a few quick bucks.

Yeah, right now, buying a GPU in a moderate machine that is also your main isn't a good idea if y ou are hurting a bit.

 

However, buying a GPU station to mine isn't a bad idea if its full time, you don't have to pay for power costs, and can cool it proplery and mind the noise. While it will take 1 year of mining to make back the money of a $1000 rig, also note that the GPU's can mostly be sold at the end of it for 3/4 the price you paid for it, OR even at the same price if you clean it and what not. 

post #108347 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Oh, I know. I've tried to rationalize buying another GPU JUST for mining, but I either didn't have the money, or just couldn't be arsed to risk my money and put undue stress on my rig just to make a few quick bucks.

Yeah, right now, buying a GPU in a moderate machine that is also your main isn't a good idea if y ou are hurting a bit.

 

However, buying a GPU station to mine isn't a bad idea if its full time, you don't have to pay for power costs, and can cool it proplery and mind the noise. While it will take 1 year of mining to make back the money of a $1000 rig, also note that the GPU's can mostly be sold at the end of it for 3/4 the price you paid for it, OR even at the same price if you clean it and what not. 

Mah, too much work and uncertainty for me to build a dedicated mining machine at this point.

That's assuming they don't blow up when you're done mining. :|

post #108348 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Mah, too much work and uncertainty for me to build a dedicated mining machine at this point.

That's assuming they don't blow up when you're done mining. :|

That is definately a worry. But based off what I have seen, it doesn't happen that often'

 

The majority of the errors happen in the first week from the looks of it. Which is then covered by RMA. Also, almost all GPU's are covered by warranty for over a year. As long as you don't over volt it and pop some stuff like that. It will just look like the card died, which is precisely what happened of course. Namely a lot of use with possible need of more airflow, and extended usage time. 

post #108349 of 158355

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that this whole cryptocurrency thing is forever going to be a nerdy niche thing.
Or the whole bubble is just gonna burst. These things are popping up like there is no tomorrow and 90% die super super quick.
Just look at this list from June 2013:
http://www.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond/2013/06/dead-media-beat-dead-cryptocurrencies/

The ridiculous volatility is just killing the whole idea.

post #108350 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I don't know why, but I have a feeling that this whole cryptocurrency thing is forever going to be a nerdy niche thing.
Or the whole bubble is just gonna burst. These things are popping up like there is no tomorrow and 90% die super super quick.
Just look at this list from June 2013:
http://www.wired.com/beyond_the_beyond/2013/06/dead-media-beat-dead-cryptocurrencies/

The ridiculous volatility is just killing the whole idea.

It's volatile but you aren't making correct assumptions. There are a high amount that fail, but the ones that get made work for the most part.

 

Also do note that fiat currencies like this have value as long as the 'people' give it value. As simple as that. As long as people will believe in them and there are enough of them, it will be a thing.

post #108351 of 158355

I showed FLCL at my anime club, we voted in favor with the club presidents, whereas all the members opposed cause they never heard of it (if its not on crunchyroll it's not anime)

 

Got some pretty interesting reactions

post #108352 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

It's volatile but you aren't making correct assumptions. There are a high amount that fail, but the ones that get made work for the most part.

 

Also do note that fiat currencies like this have value as long as the 'people' give it value. As simple as that. As long as people will believe in them and there are enough of them, it will be a thing.

They are too volatile, if you ask me. Your cryptocurrency can work as flawlessly as it wants, if nobody uses it then it's gonna sink into oblivion like most are doing.

Are there really? To me it looks like everybody is just mining there things and never actually buy stuff with it.

Once you people are all crypto-billionairs, you can send me pictures of your mansions as often as you want.
I'm not buying into this whole business.

post #108353 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by headphonatic View Post
 

I showed FLCL at my anime club, we voted in favor with the club presidents, whereas all the members opposed cause they never heard of it (if its not on crunchyroll it's not anime)

 

Got some pretty interesting reactions

Woooooow and they actually call themselves an anime club?

post #108354 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

They are too volatile, if you ask me. Your cryptocurrency can work as flawlessly as it wants, if nobody uses it then it's gonna sink into oblivion like most are doing.

Are there really? To me it looks like everybody is just mining there things and never actually buy stuff with it.

Once you people are all crypto-billionairs, you can send me pictures of your mansions as often as you want.
I'm not buying into this whole business.

This is the law of the world my friend. It's just risks. There has to be. Look at the old Zimbabwean dollar and various other economic failures and events in history. This stuff is built into the way the world works.

 

Perception is a far cry from reality my friend. There are millions of what is worth USD moved each day in Dogecoin alone

 

About 30million USD worth of Dogecoins alone were transacted yesterday. The most Dogecoin 'spent' or transacted in a day was about half a billion USD worth in a day a few months ago.

Yesterday, almost 80million USD worth of Litecoins were 'spent/transacted' or a maximum of about 4.1billion USD spent/transacted in one go a few months ago. 

 

That's the problem with your thought. We aren't doing this to get rich. This is but a profitable venture that stimulates our love for technology, business, and memes. 

 

You don't have to buy into the whole business. 

 

Do you buy into the worth of a Korean won(currency) or a Malagasy Ariary(currency)? 

 

What about the Iraq Dinar or the Somali Shilling or the North Korean Won? Highly volatile currencies themselves that have high flucuating values. If someone gave you a couple billion Iraq Dinar's tomorrow and told you that you can exchange it right now but to note that its value is highly flucuating and that you can keep and sell later or to sell now. Do you tell them that you don't believe in the currency and just drop it?

 

Many main crypto currencies have been legally ratified by main countries around the world to be full legal FIAT tender this year. India recently announcing that it was ratifying Dogecoin to be full legal tender. It's volatile yes, highly volatile, but as long as people give it value, it will have value.

 

An example being diamond. Worthless material that the world physically has a uber schiit ton of. Artificially restricted to create a value that people then place their own intrinsic value in.


Edited by bowei006 - 3/23/14 at 7:27pm
post #108355 of 158355
I have faith in the pieces of paper that people in the USA exchange every day. After all, they say: "In God We Trust." XD
post #108356 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I have faith in the pieces of paper that people in the USA exchange every day. After all, they say: "In God We Trust." XD

 

That was good :bigsmile_face: 

post #108357 of 158355

Everyone on Reddit /r/anime is praising Noragami for being the third comming of Jesus 

 

I posted the stuff I wrote there and am getting downvoted to oblivion. 

post #108358 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Everyone on Reddit /r/anime is praising Noragami for being the third comming of Jesus 

 

I posted the stuff I wrote there and am getting downvoted to oblivion. 


Lol

Personally I would give it slightly higher score considering that from all aspects (character design, art style, character, song selection, animation quality, story etc), it has almost only pros but no cons to me. Which I think is good job.

post #108359 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nice, that's form the second season, right? I haven't gotten around to finishing that yet :X

Hmm, I'm not sure about the other Technics models. I think I'd try and stick to the SL-1X00 models, I don't know much about the other models but I'm pretty sure they're belt driven? Do some research on the google machine before making an investment.

I think it's the 2nd ED, Mio in a hoodie is adorable.

The SL-1200 is actually known as a legendary TT in some forums so I'm not too sure I want to drop a bomb for one of those. Even the $155+ of the SQ21 I listed is a little too much for what I'd have liked as my first TT purchase. I think I'll consider a new one for $75-80.
Edited by Exesteils - 3/23/14 at 9:14pm
post #108360 of 158355
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Everyone on Reddit /r/anime is praising Noragami for being the third comming of Jesus 

 

I posted the stuff I wrote there and am getting downvoted to oblivion. 

 

Iol..... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge