Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7134

post #106996 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

This thing is gonna flop.
http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/9/5488484/neil-youngs-high-fidelity-ipod-competitor-will-cost-399

Eww... It's triangular.....

post #106997 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Yeah, ironing or just leaving it there and letting gravity sort it out. I don't have an iron so I'll have to stick with option 2 for now.

Gravity won't fix it, I've banked on that for the last 2 months....hasn't happened yet

 

I just looked up instructions on how to iron out polyester and what not. There are a few ways, most utilizing dampness and then heat.

 

One recommends throwing the flags into the dryer with low to med heat settings AND in throwing in damp towels and a dryer sheet at the same time. 

 

Another recommends washing the flags in cold water and then ironing them with a damp thin towel on top of them etc. 

 

I'm gonna try option #1 after I get my UN flag. Throwing the semi damp flags in there with damp towels and a dryer sheet on medium to low heat. 

post #106998 of 151125

Just hang the damn thing outside.

post #106999 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Just hang the damn thing outside.

That won't get the wrinkles out.

post #107000 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

That won't get the wrinkles out.

It will. Trust me.

post #107001 of 151125

Wow... this has to be the most Asian grade I've ever got in my life.... scored 154%

 

post #107002 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

It will. Trust me.

Can't hang it outside...nowhere to hang, and not allowed by School. 

 

I have 3 flags. One of USSR,  one of China, and one of Russia. I live in Southern Virginia. Choose the one that won't get me shot. Oh wait....:rolleyes: all 3 will.

 

My U,N flag is comming next week. But I'm in southern Virginia, and ain't nobody got time for U.N loving hippie liberals here. 

post #107003 of 151125

TriggerAnime1.jpg

post #107004 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Yeah, ironing or just leaving it there and letting gravity sort it out. I don't have an iron so I'll have to stick with option 2 for now.

Gravity won't fix it, I've banked on that for the last 2 months....hasn't happened yet

 

I just looked up instructions on how to iron out polyester and what not. There are a few ways, most utilizing dampness and then heat.

 

One recommends throwing the flags into the dryer with low to med heat settings AND in throwing in damp towels and a dryer sheet at the same time. 

 

Another recommends washing the flags in cold water and then ironing them with a damp thin towel on top of them etc. 

 

I'm gonna try option #1 after I get my UN flag. Throwing the semi damp flags in there with damp towels and a dryer sheet on medium to low heat. 

Huh, so maybe I should just throw the flag in the dryer with my clothes next time I wash them? Like I said, I don't really have an iron so I can't do anything involving one.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Just hang the damn thing outside.

Out my second story window? Attached to the flagpole I totally have?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Wow... this has to be the most Asian grade I've ever got in my life.... scored 154%

 

LOL, nice!!!

post #107005 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Huh, so maybe I should just throw the flag in the dryer with my clothes next time I wash them? Like I said, I don't really have an iron so I can't do anything involving one.

 

Out my second story window? Attached to the flagpole I totally have?

 

LOL, nice!!!

If you dry it on med heat or perm press, then go for it :)

 

Make sure the flag itself is also a bit damp though

http://www.howcast.com/videos/402250-How-to-Get-Wrinkles-out-of-Polyester

 

@Boris

You must now ge
t 154% on everything. Remember, you are an A-sian, not a B-sian. 

post #107006 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

If you dry it on med heat or perm press, then go for it :)

 

Make sure the flag itself is also a bit damp though

http://www.howcast.com/videos/402250-How-to-Get-Wrinkles-out-of-Polyester

 

@Boris

You must now get 154% on everything. Remember, you are an A-sian, not a B-sian. 

Anything over 140% would be considered Rus-sian, wouldn't it?

post #107007 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

Anything over 140% would be considered Rus-sian, wouldn't it?

LOLOL. :D

 

Russians go all out of course. 


Quote:
 Heat and water remove wrinkles in polyester by breaking and reforming molecular bonds in the fabric.

.......wut?>

post #107008 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Anything over 140% would be considered Rus-sian, wouldn't it?
Lol. So pun-ny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post


.......wut?>

Next level stuff right there
post #107009 of 151125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exesteils View Post


Lol. So pun-ny.
Next level stuff right there

But breaking the bonds and reforming them in the polyester fabric through water and heat?....WUT?

 

Breaking chemical bonds in a synthetic fiber? Sounds plausible...but still. 

post #107010 of 151125
Found this on one of the sites:

It is very hard to remove hard-set wrinkles from polyester. It will take some time and patience. There is no quick way, you'll need to take your time and use an iron, press cloth and white vinegar. Fill a spray bottle with one half white distilled vinegar and one half water. Lightly spray a small section of the wrinkled area. Use a damp pressing cloth (white lightweight cloth)with the iron set on the polyester setting. Iron from the top to the bottom of the garment in a side to side motion. It may take several ironings to remove all of the wrinkles, but they should be less deep with every ironing.

Not sure if it works, but there you go. No hanging included.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge