Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 7125

post #106861 of 130922
What? That's awesome!


post #106862 of 130922

Yay for more stuff to go wrong, this one can go really wrong.

post #106863 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

On the subject of VN through legit channels though, why the **** haven't VNs caught on with tablets though? I have my suspicions but I'd like to hear what others think of first.


Need to try watching Sakura Trick on a packed train before going there.

post #106864 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post


Need to try watching Sakura Trick on a packed train before going there.
I raise your wager with IMO CHO and finish it off with Pupa
post #106865 of 130922
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

This is a time bomb waiting to happen, in where 80% live on less than $10, and the rest are becomming poorer while a small percent are becomming richer. 

 

Are they really becoming poorer though? Now is as good a time as any for a child to be born, anywhere in the world, so one could argue that things are getting better and better as a whole.

 

Wealth inequality will plague us until the end of time, it's human nature, so it's up to philanthropy to make a difference in the world. I expect great things from you, Panda-sama, because believe it or not, you and I are part of the "1%".

 

That's why I've decided to switch from studying science and instead, pursue things in the business and finance world. Even as I mess around learning how to day trade starting with bitcoins and such, I feel no guilt taking money away from other people, because it will eventually be used for good.

post #106866 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlylover View Post
 

 

Are they really becoming poorer though? Now is as good a time as any for a child to be born, anywhere in the world, so one could argue that things are getting better and better as a whole.

 

Wealth inequality will plague us until the end of time, it's human nature, so it's up to philanthropy to make a difference in the world. I expect great things from you, Panda-sama, because believe it or not, you and I are part of the "1%".

 

That's why I've decided to switch from studying science and instead, pursue things in the business and finance world. Even as I mess around learning how to day trade starting with bitcoins and such, I feel no guilt taking money away from other people, because it will eventually be used for good.

I took Enviromental Science with a University unit last semester so I was exposed to a bit of data. Nothing huge or anything but with so many more births happening right now due to low education in those countries, those increased children and burden are thus reflected on the economy.

 

Sure, with the world being better, having Timmy from Zimbabwe is cool, but what if Mommy and Daddy have 12? 

 

College/University students are pretty much part of the 1%. If you are reading this, you are part of the upper 5% at the VERY least.

 

But yeah, like you say. Economics models, and the world would 'fail' if everyone suddenly had the same amount of money and what not. Human nature, and our innate narcicism and want of 'good' is what is making the world go around right now.

 

I feel no guilt mining my $140 worth of Dogecoins. Because I'm paying my University $40k already. They can pay for the $200 worth of electricity.

post #106867 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

but Meh I can't see how this is a 99% on rotten tomatoes or whatever...

Don't they just give the percentage of positive enough reviews instead of just the average score (like Metacritic does)? If so, I can see how it got such score.

I didn't notice that, but you are right. What a lame way to rate movies... The average is 7.8/10.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Nom.
Crappy phone pics.

 

Nice! I too had some sushi last night!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasenuva1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post


So? You think there's any legal way of getting it legitimately while supporting the developer on a game that's out of print?

Ah...... Didn't notice that... Explains so much. lol >_<

Yup, so get a physical copy if you really want, otherwise don't bother.

The only reason I buy physical copies is to have physical copies. If I support the IP owner, that's a plus.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

You're still talking about Ever17? I mean, there's no one to support, the developer went bankrupt in 2006.

The IP is in the hands of 5pb. IIRC...

Whoops, I didn't even know that...

Eh 5pb is a good company anyway!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

On the subject of VN through legit channels though, why the **** haven't VNs caught on with tablets though? I have my suspicions but I'd like to hear what others think of first.

They have caught on a bit in Japan, just not in America yet. For some reason most people don't wanna play eroge in public places... That being said, I do all the time on the bus. :ph34r:

post #106868 of 130922

^I'll give you a cookie if you play an H scene in public

 

Playing an eroge in public? Meh, looks like any other game. 

 

Plays an H scene in public? Pure bawlls of thunder

post #106869 of 130922
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

I took Enviromental Science with a University unit last semester so I was exposed to a bit of data. Nothing huge or anything but with so many more births happening right now due to low education in those countries, those increased children and burden are thus reflected on the economy.

 

Sure, with the world being better, having Timmy from Zimbabwe is cool, but what if Mommy and Daddy have 12? 

 

They have 12 children because they know that there is a good chance many of them will unfortunately die young, or not have the opportunity to be successful in life. If they only have a couple of kids, they're going to have a bad time.

 

If the rich were redistributing their assets to the poor, then they would have an easier time lifting others above the poverty line if there were less people, but that's not happening, so their impact/burden to the economy is debatable.

 

We need to tackle problems like child mortality rates and proper education/family planning, rather than blaming poor mothers and fathers for having 12 kids.


Edited by deadlylover - 3/6/14 at 11:31am
post #106870 of 130922

hey guys remember your 1st we encounter shonen ai somewhere in the anime

i was a 17 years old otaku who just started watching anime! and since i was 17 aka teenager i went to watch a lot of romance/drama animes!!

so there was this anime called "Loveless" i was like hmm the title is calling me so i watch , the hero was fighting with the girl hmm and ignoring, np i see they will progress soon

suddenly a man appear and say you have a special power! let he help you , then he grabed him kissed him suddenly!! 

my mind went into a freezing mode, for while and was saying one thing

WHY WHY WHY!!! WHY DID HE DO THAT!!  I DON'T GET IT!!!

:<    i sure had a shocked brain for a week after that @_@ 

 

the next week's shock was coming too!! School Days ending!! just before i went to sleep1!!! and i was CONFUSED AND SHOCKED!!  saying WHY again heheheh

 

post #106871 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini44 View Post
 

hey guys remember your 1st we encounter shonen ai somewhere in the anime

i was a 17 years old otaku who just started watching anime! and since i was 17 aka teenager i went to watch a lot of romance/drama animes!!

so there was this anime called "Loveless" i was like hmm the title is calling me so i watch , the hero was fighting with the girl hmm and ignoring, np i see they will progress soon

suddenly a man appear and say you have a special power! let he help you , then he grabed him kissed him suddenly!! 

my mind went into a freezing mode, for while and was saying one thing

WHY WHY WHY!!! WHY DID HE DO THAT!!  I DON'T GET IT!!!

:<    i sure had a shocked brain for a week after that @_@ 

 

the next week's shock was coming too!! School Days ending!! just before i went to sleep1!!! and i was CONFUSED AND SHOCKED!!  saying WHY again heheheh

 

My cousin was SUPER into Shounen ai so I never had that problem as she warned me about all of the series that had it etc.

post #106872 of 130922
post #106873 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Laaaaaame:
http://www.japanator.com/tokyo-anime-awards-announces-seven-nominees-for-anime-of-the-year-31806.phtml

Not quiet as lame as I thought:

Either Japanese people are really philosophical or EVA movie 3 is on that list because its a fricking EVA movie. 

post #106874 of 130922
Some of the best manga series are BL (shonen-ai) and are enjoyable for both genders. They are all pretty old though. From Eroica With Love is the funniest manga I've read and it's still ongoing almost 40 years since it's first publication.
post #106875 of 130922
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Either Japanese people are really philosophical or EVA movie 3 is on that list because its a fricking EVA movie. 

The latter.

 


GTA 5 is the most elaborate piece of satire ever. There is not one single USA cliche that they did not make fun of.
Absolutely brilliant.

Just listen to this:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge