Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
EL-8 fuses the best of many worlds for me. Picture if you will, the deepest, well defined bass you have ever heard. Now add to the picture the warmth only a ribbon tweeter can produce. Top all this...
M6 Pro reviewThe original m6 holds a special place in my heart. It was my first iem purchased after joining Head-fi. It was also my first pair of quality in ear headphones and a stepping stone that...
2 years ago when Fiio X3 came in place, I was so proud to say that it was one the best high quality digital audio player on the market at that time with a very good smooth sound, engaging bass...
They beat my DT 770's. That was enough for me. Everything about them was better. Vocal clarity, soundstage....upfront vocals...beautiful and not just for the price. Under rated... people don't...
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6969
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, which post did you actually report though?
Even though iOS isn't my favorite OS, and Apple isn't my favorite company, there's a reason I still own an iPad:
Best 24 hour manga reader ever. XD
What the... you must have everything set to the lowest brightness and had no background apps sucking power...
My school ipad only lasts me.... well, a school day haha. Though, I do waste alot of battery (brightness, multitasking during lessons, leaving it on for no reason)
My iPad 2 is still good for 10-12 hours of YouTube, I can't wait for the thing to die so I can upgrade to an iPad Air. The low PPI is reeeeaaally irritating when trying to read pdf books. ><
In terms of audio stuff, in-ear monitors are usually a replacement for an on-stage speaker monitoring system, which aren't the same as a studio monitoring system.
True in-ear monitors are used for a specific person and reason, hence why they're usually custom molded, since a specific mix of a song is streamed to the true IEM user so they have specific audio cues when doing their live performances to keep things in-sync with the other performers (who have different mixes of the audio playing for their roles).
Studio monitoring speakers are typically so-called flat so they can be accurate for mixing and mastering purposes.
Studio monitoring headphones are usually for the same purpose as in-ear monitors (vocal monitoring), but in the studio recording environment.
Then come the stupid audiophile people claiming every earphone is an in-ear monitor, including Beats Tour, stock Apple earphones, $20 earphones from Fred Meyer, etc.. >.>
I was so confused when people called these earphones IEMs because whenever in-ear monitors are mentioned in the real world, it's for the actual on-stage monitoring for live performers (i.e. Ultimate Ears' custom monitors).
calm down buddy, the term monitor can be used in many applications not just studio or live performances.
Think of Rainbows and unicorns
sure about that? haha
My 24hr manga reader is cheaper .....(and haven't been plugged in between full charges) haha
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 second ago
- › The Stax Thread III 7 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 1 minute ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 2 minutes ago
- › Something similar to MDR-ED12LP/R 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze EL-8 Open-Back by tonyjoy
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by indieman
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by kytuphicanh
- › Takstar Pro 80 by alphaproject
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2