Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Q701, HE-400, D5000 and Matrix M-Stage? Last post on 8/3/14 at 5:28am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 8/16/15 at 9:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 6/26/15
[Originally reviewed at Basshead.Club] How do they do it? Brainwavz continues to impress with its budget-friendly new Jive IEM for Android and iOS devices. Brainwavz Jive In the...
This is my review for the new S3 from Brainwavz. Nicknamed the silver bullet for it's silver color and long slender shape. Thanks to Brainwavz for the S3 review sample. I have previously had the...
Hi all, I just want to say that it's my first review done on a product but I'm very proud to do it on a FIIO product. Review of the new FIIO EX1 In-ear Monitors. I will use the EX1 with the FIIO X1...
Many thanks to RHA for RHA T20 Tour Program! The T20 unit in this review is demo unit from the RHA T20 Tour Program: http://www.head-fi.org/t/770875/rha-t20-tour-program-reviewers-wanted Product...
The WA22 is my third Desktop Amp and second tube amp. I got it through AV One, a local retailer here, after 2 rounds of testing and I was impressed enough to purchase it. Built like a tank...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6969
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Lol, which post did you actually report though?
Even though iOS isn't my favorite OS, and Apple isn't my favorite company, there's a reason I still own an iPad:
Best 24 hour manga reader ever. XD
What the... you must have everything set to the lowest brightness and had no background apps sucking power...
My school ipad only lasts me.... well, a school day haha. Though, I do waste alot of battery (brightness, multitasking during lessons, leaving it on for no reason)
My iPad 2 is still good for 10-12 hours of YouTube, I can't wait for the thing to die so I can upgrade to an iPad Air. The low PPI is reeeeaaally irritating when trying to read pdf books. ><
In terms of audio stuff, in-ear monitors are usually a replacement for an on-stage speaker monitoring system, which aren't the same as a studio monitoring system.
True in-ear monitors are used for a specific person and reason, hence why they're usually custom molded, since a specific mix of a song is streamed to the true IEM user so they have specific audio cues when doing their live performances to keep things in-sync with the other performers (who have different mixes of the audio playing for their roles).
Studio monitoring speakers are typically so-called flat so they can be accurate for mixing and mastering purposes.
Studio monitoring headphones are usually for the same purpose as in-ear monitors (vocal monitoring), but in the studio recording environment.
Then come the stupid audiophile people claiming every earphone is an in-ear monitor, including Beats Tour, stock Apple earphones, $20 earphones from Fred Meyer, etc.. >.>
I was so confused when people called these earphones IEMs because whenever in-ear monitors are mentioned in the real world, it's for the actual on-stage monitoring for live performers (i.e. Ultimate Ears' custom monitors).
calm down buddy, the term monitor can be used in many applications not just studio or live performances.
Think of Rainbows and unicorns
sure about that? haha
My 24hr manga reader is cheaper .....(and haven't been plugged in between full charges) haha
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Unique Melody Maestro 2 minutes ago
- › Flawless albums 2 minutes ago
- › Best format for ripping CD's 3 minutes ago
- › Comply Tips Review 3 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DT990 (ver.2005) Appreciation Thread!! 4 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO’s 2015 Slogan Translation Contest 5 minutes ago
- › LMUE Alpha & Delta AD01 U.S. & Canada Review Tour 6 minutes ago
- › ROCK Zircon + Mula IEM Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 9 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Jive by Luckbad
- › Brainwavz S3 by jant71
- › FiiO EX1 Nanotech Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitors by pixelsphotopro
- › RHA T20 by earfonia
- › Woo Audio WA22 by tassardar
- › CustomArt Ei.XX 6-driver CIEM - MassDrop edition by twister6
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by LaRevolu
- › Nuforce NE800M by Dsnuts
- › Chord&Major 5'14 "World" by BloodyPenguin
- › Woo Audio WA 6 SE by PETEREK
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2