Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs...
Last edited: 7/26/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable Devices)Last edited: 12/28/12
Got the SE846 last week and did some hours of comparison with my current SE535. My bias was towards keeping them - I like flagship products as a "there is nothing better" products, i.e. do not...
So I finally broke my go to earbuds, and went searching for a replacement. I was actually so disappointed with these things that I made it a point to get out and put out a review. Bass continuously...
I was looking for closed headphones with a pricetag up to €200 that could be used without an amp. After some research and listening sessions I bought the M50x. There's really not a lot to say about...
If you look at my profile, I stay within a small range of products that have worked for my son and I. These include V-Moda, Westone, Audio Technica and Klipsch. Each have their own strenghts,...
I've had Mentor for nearly a month before selling it and JH16fp (first deciding to sell Mentor, then putting it on hold, then selling JH, then finally selling Mentor) and thought I'd share my...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6959post #104371 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:29pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #104372 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:34pmpost #104373 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:38pmpost #104374 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:38pmpost #104375 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:44pmQuote:
Actually, the more important question is; does it tell the time more accurately than a $20 digital quartz watch, or is it more form over function?post #104376 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:52pmphilippe Patek. Form and function. It holds time better than Rolex. Only 1 person is allowed to work on your watch. Whoever built it, has to work on it even if they are retired. It's part of their contract when hired.post #104377 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:55pmQuote:
Some of Rolex's Chronographs are pretty accurate for auto movement standards.post #104378 of 1072422/8/14 at 7:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by miceblue
The high frequency roll-off was pretty evident to me for some reason. Maybe I'm more sensitive to the treble? I was using the M-100 too, which has the highest octave rolled off according to Tyll.
That's no excuse. I used the V-MODA M-100 straight out of my MacBook for all of the tests but the golden ears' timbre frequency picker. It was too hard to do stuff with the M-100 on that test and it was pretty straightforward with the Alpha Dog.
See below. XD
I thought the MP3 artifacts were fairly easy to identify. It's mostly the treble region that gave it away for me with the weird robotic-like sounds.
LOL the EDM one. The bass colouration was so obvious it took me less than a second to identify them most of the time.post #104379 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:00pmpost #104380 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:12pmQuote:Quote:
Haha, reminds me of the time I made the choice to go from mid-fi to hi-fi. It escalated quickly as well...
cough cough FitEar cough coughpost #104381 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:21pm[Deleted by Mod]
Oh god... the horrors.....Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
.....dat's good; dat's real good.
So much hair gel.... wonder how they look in water....Quote:Originally Posted by miceblue
lol the gate of babylonpost #104382 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:24pmpost #104383 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by EveTan
I've already compiled the red into an "album"... so horray for that!
If anyone has a bulk of the remaining white and can upload it somewhere for me, that'd be great :D
HOW MANY people do you have working on this? This is like an uber list!
I added a few, but you guys got most of thempost #104384 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:38pmQuote:Wait, are people adding their own songs, or just fill in missing info? I just added some songs. XDOriginally Posted by EveTanQuote:
Oh I meant "god song" (kami kyouku).
Essentially it means that I want to compile a list of all the "great songs" in anime history.
Ideally, it'll be like a 500+ Song album playlist of all the greatest.
Edited by miceblue - 2/8/14 at 8:39pmpost #104385 of 1072422/8/14 at 8:42pmQuote:
I think I added around 200 ish to the list from my library and I searched for a couple others? I'm not sure how many others contributed. Heck I don't really know who added what since it's all anonymous. But it's all fun :3.Quote:
Well, adding songs are pretty much priority. Filling in stuff is really if you have extra time to contribute. :3
Right now, I'm trying to see if anyone has the non red songs, if they have a bulk of them, perhaps they can upload them to a dropbox to make organizing the compilation album easier?
As of now, the compilation album has 212 songs :). Can't wait to add more.
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › Need budget DAP that will play nice with Starving Student amp 3 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 14 seconds ago
- › Classical recommendations based on my limited tastes 42 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 46 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 52 seconds ago
- › The EU deals thread! 1 minute ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Cant change my avatar 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by agistrilink
- › NCredible NErgy In-Ear Headphones by Monster® by tevbax
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by De_klusjesman
- › Klipsch S3M-Blue-HP In-Ear Headphone, Blue by DaddyMojo
- › Unique Melody Mentor acrylic universal/custom by svyr
- › Fischer Audio TBA-04 IEM by exsomnis
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude