Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Suggestions from current & former owners of ATH - AD2000 headphones? Last post on 9/6/12 at 2:11am in Headphones (full-size)
- whats the best ath headphones in your opinion?? Last post on 10/24/13 at 6:44am in Headphones (full-size)
- Audio Technica ATH-AD 700. NIB Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:25am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- DAC/AMP for q701 Under $300 Last post on 9/2/13 at 1:26am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
I just received this device, along with a FiIO X5 to replace my now discontinued iPod classic. At first I liked this device - smaller, lighter than the FiIO, although only 1 slot. Shipped...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6906
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Reading Utsuro no Hako right now
Not really anything 'enjoying' yet
But it has fullfilled - and even surpassed - my vision and idea of how deep and logical it gets.
I have a personal set logic benchmark that anime/manga must pass. Not only has this novel surpased the general benchmarks but is in the realm of 'real' problem solving, logical explanation, and everything. Typical 'small' things that are generally taken for granted and given a 'free pass' by me are addressed (albeit over a hundred pages later) and dealt with...etc
Obviously it's a sign that your Macbook will soon split into two!!1
Speaking of which, no Chinese New Year is complete without the red envelopes to unmarried people.
...... I no gets any. I'm 650 miles away from my nearest family
is that how it works?
I never knew.... lol
Speaking of red packets, I got around $80 this year :p
What? I mined more Doge on CNY than $2? How many pockets did you geT?
Dayuuuummm. Nice man! :D
Thanks :) Panda hug back
Yeah, married couples usually hand the red envelopes to children and unmarried people.
This hits home in the novel I'm reading
hurt every time and became covered with scars. Eventually,
I didn’t even notice the new scars forming when I got hurt
anymore. That’s when I finally noticed—
I’d just need to associate with each and every person
halfheartedly without ever getting too involved. I’d just
need to read the mood properly and converse shallowly. I
would not show them my true self. I would just need to
close up my shell in order to protect my delicate interior.
And then I became bored.
Even when I only showed them my outer shell, no one
noticed any difference.
They all said the same thing to me.
“You’re always so cheerful. You sure are worry-free,
What a wonderful success.
You should all just disappear.
It was an ordinary day after school.
I was struck by a certain concept that suddenly gained
shape, and made me think of a certain word.
Aah, I was completely—alone.
Alone. I see, so I was alone. Despite being surrounded by
people, I was alone. I felt strangely pleased. This word fit
But this word promptly bared its fangs and attacked me.
It was the first time I realized that such utter solitude was
accompanied by pain. My chest hurt, I couldn’t breathe.
The corners of my lips were certainly lifted.
“Really, you’re always so cheerful. You sure are worry-
I laughed out loud. “Yeah, I’m happy!” I laughed. I
laughed without even knowing why.
At that moment, the people around me gradually
became transparent. One by one they turned transparent.
They turned transparent and disappeared, so I couldn’t see
them anymore. Some voices continued to address me, but I
couldn’t hear them anymore. Yet somehow I was still able
to reply properly. I didn’t get it.
Before I knew it, the classroom was empty. I was the
only one left.
But I’m sure I was the one who made it empty.
I rejected everyone.
“I have an appointment, so I’ll go now.”
Although I couldn’t see anyone, I spoke with a smile and
picked up my bag. My relationship with everyone else
probably didn’t require me to specifically address anyone. I
should have just spoken to the wall from the start if that’s
how it was.
This hits home 1000%, In that it happened of personal choosing, but the day I realized it, it was weird.
I've noticed how I act and address people sometimes and that it is described perfectly in this quote. I see them as 'transparent' beings that while I still need to half-ass address, are nothing that matter. I see them as sheep....as transparent people.
In HK that's considered quite little, some of my friends back in highschool gets a few grands worth each year. :/
Lol wut? $ks a year in red envelopes?
- 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › suitable car amp to work with x3 + 2 8's 20 seconds ago
- › ZMF x Vibro Impressions, & Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 3 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Montreal, Quebec Meet!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 9 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar U7 DAC/AMP Appreciation & Impressions Thread 9 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by RickFrank
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)