Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6902

post #103516 of 134836

Episode 15 of Kill la Kill was awesome.

 

I've noticed now that if others 'hype' something. Then it doesn't become hype for me. But if I see it without expecting/knowing anything, it becomes hype..

 

so yeah :D

 

Also, imocho is out!~!!! SavingAnime2014

post #103517 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Also, imocho is out!~!!! SavingAnime2014

Each time you say this, I can't tell if you're messing :rolleyes:

post #103518 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Watched the first episode of Darker than Black....not hyped. I sense that the MC is exactly the kind of MC that I don't like.


Oh and why does everyone love Natsume Yuujinchou so much? Looks like some sort of light version of Mushishi to me.


Pretty sure the first episode of DTB barely features Hei and sort of gives completely the wrong impression of the guy anyway.

 

Don't think there's anything wrong with being a light version of Mushishi considering how much that particular show is liked. But yeah, I wouldn't say Natsume is anything special, just well written with likeable characters. I thought non-moe slice of life was the big thing around here these days? :p 

post #103519 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post 

Didn't notice your location until now great 0o0o0o. :normal_smile :

post #103520 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Wut? So there is a whole movie that I don't need to watch to know what is going on? That sounds strange.

 

Oh I don't mind slow stories.
I'm always a bit worried if someone in this thread says that a movie/show has good music....is is stupid bubbly J-Pop? :(

Kalafina..  nuff said

post #103521 of 134836

Just started watching Bartender.

 

Very unique and relaxing anime. Thanks to Tom Yum Goong for recommending the soundtrack! :3


If only there were bars like this where i live..


Edited by phidesu - 2/1/14 at 4:00pm
post #103522 of 134836

Current ranking of anime currenltly streaming and how much I am enjoying them. These are aggragate scores of enjoyment and objectivity

 

  1. Golden Time
  2. Kill La Kill
  3. The Pilot's Love Song
  4. Chuunibyou
  5. Wake up Girls
  6. ImoCho
  7. Nobunaga The Fool
  8. D-Frag
post #103523 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

before we know it, we'll be seeing the i-scale soon enough :p

post #103524 of 134836

And now for a post on reading deep into Kill la Kill...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My personal experience from watching Kill la Kill is a fight against authority and despotism, a fight for personal freedom. They use fascism to represent the enemy, which I think is quite fitting, and they use clothes to represent the power that the totalitarian government holds over the people.

 

Obviously you have two main groups, the fascist Kiryuin clan who uses clothes to empower but also enslave society, and then you have Nudist Beach who are fighting for freedom and to stop the plans of the Kiryuins. Why are they nude? Well that's obvious, because the Goku uniform, and clothing in general, represents the power that the Kiryuin clan holds over society. And so to show their ability to resist that power, Nudist Beach shuns clothing.

 

Now onto the Kamuis. The Kamuis grant power beyond belief, but only when activated. And also, the Kamuis are only skimpy when they are activated. Why is that? Because that power (and in turn that skimpiness) represents how free the two Kamui wearers (Ryuko and Satsuki) are in comparison to everyone else. They are controlled by the whims of society like others. They are their own two people. So why are they not completely nude then? Because they aren't completely free. Ryuko was originally controlled by her desire to avenge her father, and Satsuki was controlled by her ideals for a perfect society. As per the last episode however, we see that Satsuki can't control her Junketsu in the same way that Ryuko can work alongside her Senketsu. And there is a very good reason for this. The Kamui represents freedom, but Satsuki's ideals for a perfect society (a fascist society) don't compliment freedom in the least. Also, Ryuko is no longer constrained by her desire to avenge her father.

 

This is also represented in their transformation catchphrases. Ryuko says "life fiber synchronize" while Satsuki says "life fiber override."

 

Yeah, this was just me being a fangirl. 


Edited by Nekosou - 2/1/14 at 4:40pm
post #103525 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Are the kara no Kyoukai movies worth watching?

 

Wut? So there is a whole movie that I don't need to watch to know what is going on? That sounds strange.

 

Oh I don't mind slow stories.
I'm always a bit worried if someone in this thread says that a movie/show has good music....is is stupid bubbly J-Pop? :(

 

Very rarely do I call an anime beautiful, but Kara no Kyoukai was exactly that. One of my favorites of all time. 

 

I would recommend that you watch all the movies. They will be confusing and out of order at first, but everything should make sense by the end. 

 

And the soundtrack is composed by Yuki Kajiura, one of the best anime soundtrack composers of all time (in my personal opinion of course). 

 


Edited by Nekosou - 2/1/14 at 4:36pm
post #103526 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekosou View Post
 

And now for a post on reading deep into Kill la Kill...

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

My personal experience from watching Kill la Kill is a fight against authority and despotism, a fight for personal freedom. They use fascism to represent the enemy, which I think is quite fitting, and they use clothes to represent the power that the totalitarian government holds over the people.

 

Obviously you have to main groups, the fascist Kiryuin clan who uses clothes to empower but also enslave society, and then you have Nudist Beach who are fighting for freedom and to stop the plans of the Kiryuins. Why are they nude? Well that's obvious, because the Goku uniform, and clothing in general, represents the power that the Kiryuin clan holds over society. And so to show their ability to resist that power, Nudist Beach shuns clothing.

 

Now onto the Kamuis. The Kamuis grant power beyond belief, but only when activated. And also, the Kamuis are only skimpy when they are activated. Why is that? Because that power (and in turn that skimpiness) represents how free the two Kamui wearers (Ryuko and Satsuki) are in comparison to everyone else. They are controlled by the whims of society like others. They are their own two people. So why are they not completely nude then? Because they aren't completely free. Ryuko was originally controlled by her desire to avenge her father, and Satsuki was controlled by her ideals for a perfect society. As per the last episode however, we see that Satsuki can't control her Junketsu in the same way that Ryuko can work alongside her Senketsu. And there is a very good reason for this. The Kamui represents freedom, but Satsuki's ideals for a perfect society (a fascist society) don't compliment freedom in the least. Also, Ryuko is no longer constrained by her desire to avenge her father.

 

This is also represented in their transformation catchphrases. Ryuko says "life fiber synchronize" while Satsuki says "life fiber override."

 

Yeah, this was just me being a fangirl. 

 

I would say that they use facism to represent the enemy IN Ryuuko's eyes. But also represent it as an empowering system.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The episode with Gamagori and her past, as well as how prominently they show it means that they are showing it in dual ways.

 

I think that the clothes are also representation of a b

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
igger ideal into religion, human construct, and ideology that we hold true. This is shown in episode 16

 

The Nudist Beach are also shown as dual ways. This anime does this quite nicely, in that while it does show one as being for freedom, you can also see it as a terrorist organization. 

 

You make good points, but I think that those points are a few of the many that Kill la Kill embodies. We must also note that Trigger is incorporating themes into almost everything. From the female sexualization theme to comming of age and even the socio-political themes. 

 

Anyway, this stuff is making me really really like Kill La Kill.

 

Satsuki is my favorite character. 

post #103527 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

What MC don't you like? At least he's not a mainstream asdf or the other varieties of bad MC's.

He seems to be one of these "Oh I have to act nice and stupid to hide my secret super badass identity"-MCs....you know what I mean.
A bit like the dude from Code Geass. Did not like that guy one bit.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post
 


Pretty sure the first episode of DTB barely features Hei and sort of gives completely the wrong impression of the guy anyway.

 

Don't think there's anything wrong with being a light version of Mushishi considering how much that particular show is liked. But yeah, I wouldn't say Natsume is anything special, just well written with likeable characters. I thought non-moe slice of life was the big thing around here these days? :p 

Yeah I won't just drop it after one episode.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being like Mushishi in any shape or form!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidesu View Post
 

Just started watching Bartender.

 

Very unique and relaxing anime. Thanks to Tom Yum Goong for recommending the soundtrack! :3


If only there were bars like this where i live..

You are going to learn sooooo much about cocktails :D
It has a few weak episodes though. Still a very nice and unique experience.

post #103528 of 134836
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekosou View Post
 

 

Very rarely do I call an anime beautiful, but Kara no Kyoukai was exactly that. One of my favorites of all time. 

I would recommend that you watch all the movies. They will be confusing and out of order at first, but everything should make sense by the end. 

And the soundtrack is composed by Yuki Kajiura, one of the best anime soundtrack composers of all time (in my personal opinion of course). 

I just finished the first "episode" :)
Really really great stuff! Enjoyed it a lot.
Only thing that was a bit meh to me was
 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
the part when wheelchair girl suddenly was all fine again and killed herself regardless. Was weird to me.

Kill la Kill is forever going to be "2001: Odyssey in Trigger-clothing-battle-school-land" for me.

post #103529 of 134836

192 unread posts.

 

Well just throw that in the bin then. I can't be bothered to read obviously.

And I haven't had the time to watch anime. I was too busy with university and drawing and generally being lazy :p

 

Anyway, I'm just dropping this here.

(Work in Progress)

PS: I hate when one of my classmates says that my characters look like someone from Fairy Tail. It kinda hurts because first, I haven't read or seen a single chapter or episode of Fairy Tail and second, I worked hard to find my own style.

 

Oh yeah, for those who want a new manga to read, Nobunaga no Chef is quite excellent!


Edited by VortexBlast - 2/1/14 at 4:53pm
post #103530 of 134836
This is probably one of the very few foods that I can say "tastes authentic." Most people don't even know what the shapes are supposed to represent.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge