Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6894

post #103396 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Lol, then we can have battles to see which gigabit if faster! :veryevil:

 

Meh, Chrome screwed it up too. If you haven't noticed, a lot of plebs use the "apps" thing to get to all their favorite sites, and then they hid that.

When they did that update, Ctrl+Shift+T also broke as well to restore session.

 

Ah, fair enough. I'd imagine it is faster.

 

Ah okay I see. Metered connections do suck, but I don't really care. I probably don't get much more than 64k on my T-Mobile connection but I don't really rely that heavily on my phone's mobile internet so I don't really mind.

:evil: Gigabit 

 

Yeah, Chrome's recent updates have kinda pissed me off. Hide the extensions? ....because you sure NEED that huge ass white bar at the top.............

 

STop letting you open recently closed tabs on the new page and rather force you to right click and then select recently closed tabs and then only re-oppen the latest closed one?.........

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

looks like the left side of the brain is active :p 

 

...imocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

That is good to hear!
Still need to watch that.
 


I'm not entirely sure what he is trying to say with this.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-30/miyazaki/the-problem-with-the-anime-industry-is-it-full-of-otaku

One of my pet peeves is people's inability to dispell their own common 'wants' and to enforce their opinion and bias onto an industry or sector.

 

No Miyazaki, the problem isn't that the industry is full of otaku's.

 

I don't have the full article, but one would first have to ask. What is the problem that he speaks of, and why he thinks its a problem, and why Otaku's are at the focus of that problem. Without first understanding that, can one truly make an opinion on whether he is bias or not

 

The article makes it sound like he is just enforcing his personal belief of human intereactions being superior to other forms. I'm not sure if that is right or not. But if they even give us a step one, I can't go furtherl

post #103397 of 140566

I know this has already been said...but Happy Chinese New Years! (eve)

post #103398 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post

I know this has already been said...but Happy Chinese New Years! (eve)
It's New Year day in China, but yee, xin nian kuai le/新年快乐,gong hay faat choi/恭喜發財!
post #103399 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Anyone watching Inari Konkon here? I watched the first episode at my anime club, it seemed decent. Although I didn't pay full attention to the show, I admit.

 I think its pretty good so far, reminded me a little of Kamichuu

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

I think Majikoi was pretty ok-ish one, Imocho is still quite boring =_=

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

 



Hey, Maji de Watashi was awesome.... it had so much "plot".


...and it had Yukie and her weird viva piñata-looking cell phone strap friend-thing!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Matsukaze is the best strap!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

 

I'm not entirely sure what he is trying to say with this.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-01-30/miyazaki/the-problem-with-the-anime-industry-is-it-full-of-otaku

Ugh.. I don't like this person and most of his works, well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parall3l View Post

Now after episode 4, I can safely announce that magical warfare is the anime of the century.

lol

post #103400 of 140566

Project H has sorta died on me.

Sort of a channel imbalance problem, except instead of lower volumes, the right channel has this fuzzy buzz....

 

Anyone know if this is perm?

 

*nvm, it worked when i unplugged/replugged everything again... weird.


Edited by EveTan - 1/30/14 at 8:26pm
post #103401 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Well I guess it depends on who you ask, but to paraphase what one of my linux friends said and add in some of my own stuff:

Ubuntu is supposedly really inefficient with it's unity interface thing. Maybe look into a similar version like Xubuntu or Lubuntu that uses a different GUI? Or mint?

That is why I suggested in the original post to install gnome-flashback.  It is a GTK3 lookalike of Gnome 2 without required composting.  It performs much better and is much more functional.  Very similar to Gnome 2.

post #103402 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Is imocho hilarious and pervy? I've seen pics so far, am afraid to see a piece of it. :o

The first two episodes are pretty pervy, but episodes 3 and 4 haven't been.

post #103403 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Those eyes scare me... They remind of a killer in moe skin.

What do you expect? It's Nitro+'s yandere game!!

But I haven't gotten to the yandere part yet..... this normal SoL stuff is pretty boring....

and one of the heroines is mentally impaired (not in the yandere sense but more like heroines in Key games)... gawd I hate those;

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

Well I guess it depends on who you ask, but to paraphase what one of my linux friends said and add in some of my own stuff:

Ubuntu is supposedly really inefficient with it's unity interface thing. Maybe look into a similar version like Xubuntu or Lubuntu that uses a different GUI? Or mint?

My CS friends tells me that Bash is the only UI I'll ever need / want to use for a server.....

Then again... they also told me Vim is the only text editor I'll ever need.....

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

I hate Unity desktop; and that's coming from an OS X user. XD

WUT??? b-but.. WHY???

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

 



Hey, Maji de Watashi was awesome.... it had so much "plot".


...and it had Yukie and her weird viva piñata-looking cell phone strap friend-thing!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The game was awesome! anime got ultra compressed into 12 eps (under 5 hours) of content.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post

Lol. A new character for the Vita Neptunia spinoff:



Ai Masushima
Ai Masu
iM@S

Haha see what they did there :p

 

 

post #103404 of 140566

See boris knows ;)

post #103405 of 140566

Dat new Kill La Kill episode. Dat bath scene.

 

This show is just too weird. But I love it.

post #103406 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kukuk View Post
 

Dat new Kill La Kill episode. Dat bath scene.

 

This show is just too weird. But I love it.

Was too busy watching some darker than black.

 

Now that I hear this, I'm happy to hear that it's more pervert scenes!.....kinda...

post #103407 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 

:evil: Gigabit 

 

Yeah, Chrome's recent updates have kinda pissed me off. Hide the extensions? ....because you sure NEED that huge ass white bar at the top.............

 

STop letting you open recently closed tabs on the new page and rather force you to right click and then select recently closed tabs and then only re-oppen the latest closed one?.........

Meh, that's easy enough to fix. And you can re-enable the apps thing by checking a setting in the flags menu. So it's easy enough to get everything back to the way it was. :)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Project H has sorta died on me.

Sort of a channel imbalance problem, except instead of lower volumes, the right channel has this fuzzy buzz....

 

Anyone know if this is perm?

 

*nvm, it worked when i unplugged/replugged everything again... weird.

Lol, when something doesn't work, restart it and try plugging it again.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxid10t View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Is imocho hilarious and pervy? I've seen pics so far, am afraid to see a piece of it. :o

The first two episodes are pretty pervy, but episodes 3 and 4 haven't been.

Dang, I might drop it then... :(

post #103408 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

My CS friends tells me that Bash is the only UI I'll ever need / want to use for a server.....

Then again... they also told me Vim is the only text editor I'll ever need.....

 

 

 

Listen to your friends :)

post #103409 of 140566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

 



Hey, Maji de Watashi was awesome.... it had so much "plot".


...and it had Yukie and her weird viva piñata-looking cell phone strap friend-thing!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

LOL at the opening bit of episode 3! Hiroshi Kamiya killed it. The English dub however, killed it.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


It's New Year day in China, but yee, xin nian kuai le/新年快乐,gong hay faat choi/恭喜發財!

Y U do dis? Simplified+Traditional Chinese? Mandarin+Cantonese??? In the same sentence????????

 

Don't let Bowei see this!

post #103410 of 140566

Also, LOL at the innaccuracy of this comic:

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge