Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6892

post #103366 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

I hear that Attack on Titan's first opening makes native German speakers cringe.

Nah, the first one is alright.
But the second one....
Japanese people are surprisingly good at pronouncing German! Maybe even better than English speaking people.
But the lyrics are sooooo cheesy! The grammar is off too (could be worse, though).

post #103367 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

I agree, but users were complaining about that. :/ Thus, the revision has this LED replacement for a cheaper price.

I thought the slim isn't supposed to replace the other psvita though? 

Also, it seems that the vita slim uses a cheap LED panel. If it was an IPS LED, it'd look just as good as that OLED, but pricing and power. OLED seems the better route.

As far as I know, the slim Vita is going to be a bit more expensive than the old one....riddle me that.
I even heard stories about people stocking up on the OLED Vitas :D

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


Which one is the OLED one? I didn't have the volume turned up when browsing through the video, but the top one looks better to me; more dynamic range and a blacker background. Why it's like I'm talking about audio stuff or something! XD

The upper one is the OLED Vita ;)

post #103368 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

Which one is the OLED one? I didn't have the volume turned up when browsing through the video, but the top one looks better to me; more dynamic range and a blacker background. Why it's like I'm talking about audio stuff or something! XD
The upper one is the OLED Vita wink.gif
Nice nice. OLEDs have always fascinated me.
I think I recall people reporting the OLED displays getting washed out or something though. I could be wrong.
post #103369 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

As far as I know, the slim Vita is going to be a bit more expensive than the old one....riddle me that.
I even heard stories about people stocking up on the OLED Vitas :D

 

The upper one is the OLED Vita ;)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/447443/ps-vita-slim-will-replace-existing-oled-model/

 

would you look at that! I didn't know this.

 

I assumed it wouldn't replace it since they first stated that a while ago. It was also cheaper than the oled version, as they stated. I even saw the prices in Japan and they were a bit cheaper than the OLED version. Weird...Guess a change of heart? I got that from engadget, researched a bit, and that's all it took for me to feel relieved. I'm not happy to hear that now.

post #103370 of 149440
@mechgamer123 it's mpre that I miss Russian communist phone coverage and unlimited mobile internet priced for peanuts, while dumb malaysia has limited quota'd internet like good ol american because we're dumb this way. Hell, ******* europe gets this unlimited internet for peanuts at at least 3g speed, but nope, the best malaysia cam do is that one of the telcos here offer unlimited internet at 64kbps. **** you malaysia.
post #103371 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Anyone watching Inari Konkon here? I watched the first episode at my anime club, it seemed decent. Although I didn't pay full attention to the show, I admit.

 



I am because I watch everything (except super sonico). It's cute and interesting, the newest episode setup the plot a bit more, so that helps. The world they are showing us has the potential to be quite large, but the show is only slated for 10 episodes.
post #103372 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

 



Hey, Maji de Watashi was awesome.... it had so much "plot".


...and it had Yukie and her weird viva piñata-looking cell phone strap friend-thing!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
post #103373 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

Can't be worse than maji de watshi no koi shinasai then. I'll go for it, thanks! 

 



Hey, Maji de Watashi was awesome.... it had so much "plot".


...and it had Yukie and her weird viva piñata-looking cell phone strap friend-thing!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

It was an awesome show.

 

The pervy moments sometimes got to me though, lol. Not that I minded it, just a bit overdone sometimes. But hey, I played the visual novel, I knew what I was getting into. It's a great show.

 

The plot was decent for me to continue watching, the fighting scenes were epic (especially having the tactician, Yamato, by their side)

 

I don't approve of yukie having that horse control her though...it's scary sometimes..

 

but its nice and awkward to see her playing with it. Pretty adorable. 

post #103374 of 149440
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlenbo View Post
 

It was an awesome show.

 

The pervy moments sometimes got to me though, lol. Not that I minded it, just a bit overdone sometimes. But hey, I played the visual novel, I knew what I was getting into. It's a great show.

 

The plot was decent for me to continue watching, the fighting scenes were epic (especially having the tactician, Yamato, by their side)

 

I don't approve of yukie having that horse control her though...it's scary sometimes..

 

but its nice and awkward to see her playing with it. Pretty adorable. 

Eh...I didn't really like that show too much.

post #103375 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Eh...I didn't really like that show too much.

I would understand why.

 

I just liked the fighting, skipped most of the bland and redundant jokes that come out from this show..

 

The visual novel for me was better. 

post #103376 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

Eh...I didn't really like that show too much.

 



And I don't blame you. That show had some serious flaws, I just file it under "guilty pleasure". Much like Rinne no Lagrange or Strike Witches or something.
post #103377 of 149440

Has anyone tried this? 
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/

post #103378 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

Has anyone tried this? 
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/

Half this thread loves that game :tongue:

post #103379 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nec3 View Post
 

Has anyone tried this? 
http://www.katawa-shoujo.com/

I watched a complete playthrough of it.
Don't ask why.

post #103380 of 149440
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Ah yup, thanks! My mind was fried since it was late at night and I couldn't really think very well.

 

That... Seems like an excellent idea! I should do that for my computer science midterm.

 

I doubt that would work well, considering (just based on my casual observation) you sign into Skype generally sometime between midnight and 2AM here, which would equate to 3AM-5AM Bowei's time.

 

Google Maps? Really?

Well, I guess I've never tried the offline mode... Is coverage really spotty in Malaysia?

 

How is it not being able to run any modern apps?

 

My biggest problem with windows update is the fact it does it at like 3AM without telling you. Usually I leave my monitors on sleep at night instead of turning them off, so it will wake me up in the middle of the night with blinding computer light. Now multiply this by three computers and you get a very angry person who has to log into all of them the next day.

 

Well I guess it depends on who you ask, but to paraphase what one of my linux friends said and add in some of my own stuff:

Ubuntu is supposedly really inefficient with it's unity interface thing. Maybe look into a similar version like Xubuntu or Lubuntu that uses a different GUI? Or mint?

 

Arch is one of the most elitist distros out there. I got pissed off trying to set everything up so I quit and went to one of those ubuntu variants on my home server. 

 

LOL nice, their distribution system must be really messed up. Order more things!

 

Meh powered monitors though... :/

 

Good god, was part of your building wired with CAT3 or something?

 

I am too, and I'm not surprised.

Imocho=bestshow

 

I think some switches they used may have been 100/100 or something.

 

lol, Windows Updates...gosh, no service ever gets it right. The only one that has EVER gotten it right is my fricking Chrome Browser. Now that is how you do updates.

Ah, okay. That makes sense. Lol, then we can have battles to see which gigabit if faster! :veryevil:

 

Meh, Chrome screwed it up too. If you haven't noticed, a lot of plebs use the "apps" thing to get to all their favorite sites, and then they hid that.

When they did that update, Ctrl+Shift+T also broke as well to restore session.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

How is it not being able to run any modern apps?

 

 

All I do on it is internet surfing and playing videos while connected to a Bluetooth speaker. iOS 4.3.5 is much faster than iOS 7, especially 

Ah, fair enough. I'd imagine it is faster.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

@mechgamer123 it's mpre that I miss Russian communist phone coverage and unlimited mobile internet priced for peanuts, while dumb malaysia has limited quota'd internet like good ol american because we're dumb this way. Hell, ******* europe gets this unlimited internet for peanuts at at least 3g speed, but nope, the best malaysia cam do is that one of the telcos here offer unlimited internet at 64kbps. **** you malaysia.

Ah okay I see. Metered connections do suck, but I don't really care. I probably don't get much more than 64k on my T-Mobile connection but I don't really rely that heavily on my phone's mobile internet so I don't really mind.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge