Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6886

post #103276 of 126543

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/1wissv/new_gundam_series_to_be_announced_in_march/

 

OH MY ******* GOSH..YESSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE BE TRUE

post #103277 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

http://www.reddit.com/r/Gundam/comments/1wissv/new_gundam_series_to_be_announced_in_march/

 

OH MY ******* GOSH..YESSSSSSSSSSSS PLEASE BE TRUE

cuz that's when they finish unicorn :p

 

But sunrise already has planned another mech. something Fafnir. Seed style art. Again.

post #103278 of 126543

This is highly unprecedent for me.

 

I generally don't like the FOTY (Flavor of the Year) anime after a bit. But Kill la Kill has been extremely surprising on all fronts.

 

Not only is it enjoyable, but I also like how well it executes its themes. Nothing too deep. But not all anime need deep themes. Kill la kill is intergrating its metaphors into the anime extremely nicely, and plays into massively enjoyable moments.

 

It is also one, if not the only, times in my life that I have ever preferred an 'antagonist' or non-main character. I am a big big fan of Satsuki. Everything about her. Dayuuuummm..

post #103279 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

cuz that's when they finish unicorn :p

 

But sunrise already has planned another mech. something Fafnir. Seed style art. Again.

I'm glad for this, I'm very glad

 

I guess my analyzation from last year on everyone complaining about the kiddy Gundam series was right. In that they were used to gauge, and re-introduce interest into GUNDAM!.

 

YES!

post #103280 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra97oR View Post
 

 I believe there are 3 types of phones in the world.

 

1 that taken a bar of soap as inspiration and making it as slippery as possible to maximize sale. Need a case to not kept dropping it.
1 that take plastic and make it as grippy as possible but people put a cheap slippery case on it anyway.
1 that take only metal and glass for dem feelz but people put a plastic case on it anyway.

 

I take a phone that is only metal and glass... and put it in another metal case XD

post #103281 of 126543

I'm so fail

 

I had the hardest time copying schiit done word for word just now because of my anxiety.

 

I kept running to my friends room asking them question after question on the correct way to copy schiit down........ like if my lines had to be straight, if my letters had to be in the boxes and other dumb schiit....****....the first class didn't even start yet -_-

post #103282 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

You guys actually get participation points? Our "participation points" are learning the material so we get higher scores in the tests... T_T

You stopped taking math classes at... 2nd year algebra was it?

Saturday night. Night being an arbitrary constant which will be replaced with an actual time whenever I figure out what time I will be free. (Sorry been thinking too much in Math terms...)
Eh, do you really wanna waste the night trying to get that b**** apart again? And can you do it if I don't have another replacement back cover thing?
I don't remember... Whatever high school required of me. I don't care for math, if you can't tell. Not that I'm not good at it, the opposite, but I don't like doing it.

Ah true, I'd never be able to get it apart without a replacement back...

Also, you should get on Skype. We can finish our call.
post #103283 of 126543

Decide to read the first volume of Touch again just because I'm bored. Suddenly 25 volumes deep.................... Well, almost finished now, and Oyasumi Punpun awaits afterwards.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

This is highly unprecedent for me.

 

I generally don't like the FOTY (Flavor of the Year) anime after a bit. But Kill la Kill has been extremely surprising on all fronts.

 

Not only is it enjoyable, but I also like how well it executes its themes. Nothing too deep. But not all anime need deep themes. Kill la kill is intergrating its metaphors into the anime extremely nicely, and plays into massively enjoyable moments.

 

It is also one, if not the only, times in my life that I have ever preferred an 'antagonist' or non-main character. I am a big big fan of Satsuki. Everything about her. Dayuuuummm..

Hipster is going to be hip. No wait... :p. I was loling so hard at the position of the Nudist Beach personnel's gun holsters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

cuz that's when they finish unicorn :p

 

But sunrise already has planned another mech. something Fafnir. Seed style art. Again.


I think Fafnir is an already established franchise. Got a TV series years ago and a movie just last year IRC?

post #103284 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post
 

Decide to read the first volume of Touch again just because I'm bored. Suddenly 25 volumes deep.................... Well, almost finished now, and Oyasumi Punpun awaits afterwards.?

 

Ha, Adachi's works are so addictive.  I've read pretty much all of his works multiple times.  Always thought Touch was a bit overrated compared to some of his other major series.though.

post #103285 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

 

I take a phone that is only metal and glass... and put it in another metal case XD

If it's the iPhone 5/S then it doesn't count IMO because the aluminum it uses is too soft and thin. The iPhone 4 used some real tough stainless steel that's at least 7 times more rigid than the iPhone 5/S. 

post #103286 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

If it's the iPhone 5/S then it doesn't count IMO because the aluminum it uses is too soft and thin. The iPhone 4 used some real tough stainless steel that's at least 7 times more rigid than the iPhone 5/S. 

Yea, my 4S looks like this

 

Element case, Vapor pro. Glad these things got cheap after the iPhone 5/5s


Edited by EveTan - 1/29/14 at 11:56pm
post #103287 of 126543

OMG! first time I've ever seen the HTTP 500 page on nyaa.se

 

post #103288 of 126543
All these talks about bad grades for math make me feel bad. In university I have gotten one single B for physics only so far, all the rest is A. I have passed all my (so far 10) math subject with an A.
The worst is, when I got that B I was almost devastated, whereas it's actually not that bad at all if you really think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I never had to use a textbook for university so far....

What? How?

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post


I felt nothing after watching Clannad + After Story.......

You monster. No seriously, when I still had that phase where I was into melodramatic anime I let multiple tears roll of my cheek. That is the only occasion that ever happened, pretty much.
Worked on the rewatch as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

@Tilpo
 or someone else, could you help me with this diff. eq problem (#22)? It's probably pretty easy but my mind is dead and gone tonight. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
My work so far: (Click to show)
I'm pretty sure I got part a done correctly, just stuck on the last part. Book says the solution is y = y0/[y0 + (1 - y0)e^(-alpha t)]


Isn't it just variable seperable? It's equivalent to solving the integral

1/(y(1-y)) dy == a dt (where a = alpha)
It's an ugly integral, but it can probably be solved by substituting y = cos(u)^2, dy = -sin(u)cos(u) du, we'd get:
-1/(cos(u)^3 sin(u)^3)du = -8/(sin(u)^3) du hmm, that doesn't work. Then let's split the fraction

A/y + B/(1-y) = 1/(y(1-y)):
A - Ay + By = 1, giving A = 1, B =1, and hence it becomes
1/y + 1/(1-y) dy == a t
ln(y) - ln(1-y) = a t

The rest is algebra,
y/(1-y) = exp (a t)+C
Set y(0) = y0:
y0/(1-y0) = 1+C
C = (1-2y0)/(-1+y0)
y = (C+exp(a t)) / ( 1 + c + exp(a t))
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Yay, probably just brutally failed my Math exam.
Protip: Study for exams more than just one night before...

Real protip: Don't study the night before at all. Start two weeks in advance and use the day before to relax as much as you possibly can to get to the exam as fresh and rested as possible. That's what I always do, and I guess it works quite alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Jokes on you.



I study for my math exams two weeks in advance and go to office hours all the time




.......and still failed every single math exam last semester.....




frown.gif

I could help you study if you want. Then again, doing so over Skype wouldn't be too efficient.
post #103289 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Yea, my 4S looks like this

 

Element case, Vapor pro. Glad these things got cheap after the iPhone 5/5s

I thought the Vapor Pro had a two-piece dovetail construction like this?

 

KU0011K.jpg

post #103290 of 126543
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

What? How?
 

I honestly don't know how one could be good at math. That's just something my brain can't compute.
Only subjects I was ever truly good in are philosophy, politics, history, chemistry, some business administration ones and all the medical classes I have right now.
Always sucked at math. From 1st grade on.


We simply don't need textbooks. Everything we learn in university is packed into various scripts. Textbooks are optional and only for people who want to know a bit more about a certain whatever.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge