Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6846

post #102676 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

The political situation of Hong Kong is rather dire, isn't it? Fighting for freedom from the Titans that is Communist China.

Oooooh don't let Bowei read this.

post #102677 of 139779
Trackball + WoT = just fine.
post #102678 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

The political situation of Hong Kong is rather dire, isn't it? Fighting for freedom from the Titans that is Communist China.

The freedom, democracy, basic law and the rights of the Special Administrated Region of Hong Kong was granted to it by the CPC of the PRC

 

Hong Kong currently is in the top 5 countries for having the most 'freedom' and is often ranked number 1. This precedent was only set after the CPC brought Hong Kong under its protection in 1997. The protection of HK by the CPC is one of the contributing factors to the freedom of HK. It is undeniable that if the CPC did not bestow upon HK such an aggreement of terms, and in offering it protection against the international community that HK can achieve the status it does today. 

 

Countries without power or political representation are weak and easilly controlled. HK is a state that is representeded in all cases foregin by the CPC and PRC, however it does hold independent economic status. 

 

-----

This information isn't false. I am just providing targeted information. In the sense that I'm not gonna give you the whole story because I have an agenda. I'm doing this as a parody of what and how subtle the plausible-deniability of bias in the NYT is. The information isn't wrong, but some of the analyzations and comming to 'be's of some of these situations were less than sightly. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Oooooh don't let Bowei read this.

Too late :veryevil: 

post #102679 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

The freedom, democracy, basic law and the rights of the Special Administrated Region of Hong Kong was granted to it by the CPC of the PRC

 

Hong Kong currently is in the top 5 countries for having the most 'freedom' and is often ranked number 1. This precedent was only set after the CPC brought Hong Kong under its protection in 1997. The protection of HK by the CPC is one of the contributing factors to the freedom of HK. It is undeniable that if the CPC did not bestow upon HK such an aggreement of terms, and in offering it protection against the international community that HK can achieve the status it does today. 

 

Countries without power or political representation are weak and easilly controlled. HK is a state that is representeded in all cases foregin by the CPC and PRC, however it does hold independent economic status. 

 

-----

This information isn't false. I am just providing targeted information. In the sense that I'm not gonna give you the whole story because I have an agenda. I'm doing this as a parody of what and how subtle the plausible-deniability of bias in the NYT is. The information isn't wrong, but some of the analyzations and comming to 'be's of some of these situations were less than sightly. 

 

Too late :veryevil: 

 

Well, it looks like there is (are?) always two sides to an argument. CPC'ers think the glass is half full, while HK'ers think it's half empty. In the end though, it really depends on whether you're filling the glass or drinking it. More freedom, or one more "Just another city in China"?

 

News is pretty much always a selectively manipulated perspective. In this case, I was actually referencing that one news article that caught my eye because a bunch of people in Hong Kong used Attack on Titan stuff as part of their protest. I can't find the exact article, but here's some other related stuff:

 

 

062def9645e472430e9feab768ff83731372701080_full.jpg

post #102680 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

 

Well, it looks like there is (are?) always two sides to an argument. CPC'ers think the glass is half full, while HK'ers think it's half empty. In the end though, it really depends on whether you're filling the glass or drinking it. More freedom, or one more "Just another city in China"?

 

News is pretty much always a selectively manipulated perspective. In this case, I was actually referencing that one news article that caught my eye because a bunch of people in Hong Kong used Attack on Titan stuff as part of their protest. I can't find the exact article, but here's some other related stuff:

 

 

062def9645e472430e9feab768ff83731372701080_full.jpg

 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ATTACK ON CHINA! lololololol

 

3rd party view on the situation in HK:

Protest and raising awareness like this is good. One of the major reasons why HK was guaranteed such good terms was thanks to their fevror in attaining and holding onto their economic and government policies.

 

However, the people in HK are extremely sensationalist just like in the west. They are the France of Asia. For those of you that don't know, France has some of the highest political contributions per person in the developed world and has some of the highest rates of protest when they don't get the things they want.

 

I see most HK protests as being very ungrateful. Especially considering back-history, HK's current place in time and history, and who it was that essentially kept, and furthered Hong Kong's freedom and economic dominance.

 

However, as a 3rd party viewer, one thing that we especially see on protests is that WHILE people are genearlly sensaltionist ungrateful bastards, IT NEEDS to happen. While they may not have 100% logical and rationale reaons for holding it if say they had an economics degree and knows quite a lot about HK and CN history. These protests and events are some of the cornerstones of reform.

 

If you are having a hard time to understand, what I mean is that while Company A's policy right now isn't bad and is quite good. If nobody pushes them for better results or better policies, you are then setting a precedent for not getting a better 'life' - that all self-actualized and rationale humans want - and are allowering yourself a lower standard.

 

That's basically my view. That most of those events, while are extremely ungrateful, do characterize human-will and IF DONE CORRECTLY can help to bring upon greater results and reform. One thing I've noticed about HK is that they are starting to take these protests and riots a bit TOO seriously at times. As the song said, rock the boat, but don't tip it over. This is how relations and diplomacy goes. If you nag me about wanting something, but do it in a reasonable manner that gets my attention and brings without going overboard, I will consider it. If HK pulls an Ukraine. Well, who knows, at that point, I may have lost my hope and faith in the people of HK

 

 

 

Too Lazy Didn't Read?; Summary:

Be ungrateful, be lazy, and be self-righteous. It helps the world go around. But don't you EVER tip that schiit over. Wanting more without tipping the boat over leads to reform and change. On a logical scale, the people who do it seem to be ungrateful, but it does promote a good end. But don't YOU EVER EVER tip that boat over. Especially with any Russian/Asian country. They will mess you the **** up. China and VERY rarely pull bluffs. 


Edited by bowei006 - 1/24/14 at 6:01am
post #102681 of 139779

Hmm I really like Mahou Sensou ED animation...

post #102682 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

LOLOLOLOLOLOL ATTACK ON CHINA! lololololol

 

3rd party view on the situation in HK:

Protest and raising awareness like this is good. One of the major reasons why HK was guaranteed such good terms was thanks to their fevror in attaining and holding onto their economic and government policies.

 

However, the people in HK are extremely sensationalist just like in the west. They are the France of Asia. For those of you that don't know, France has some of the highest political contributions per person in the developed world and has some of the highest rates of protest when they don't get the things they want.

 

I see most HK protests as being very ungrateful. Especially considering back-history, HK's current place in time and history, and who it was that essentially kept, and furthered Hong Kong's freedom and economic dominance.

 

However, as a 3rd party viewer, one thing that we especially see on protests is that WHILE people are genearlly sensaltionist ungrateful bastards, IT NEEDS to happen. While they may not have 100% logical and rationale reaons for holding it if say they had an economics degree and knows quite a lot about HK and CN history. These protests and events are some of the cornerstones of reform.

 

If you are having a hard time to understand, what I mean is that while Company A's policy right now isn't bad and is quite good. If nobody pushes them for better results or better policies, you are then setting a precedent for not getting a better 'life' - that all self-actualized and rationale humans want - and are allowering yourself a lower standard.

 

That's basically my view. That most of those events, while are extremely ungrateful, do characterize human-will and IF DONE CORRECTLY can help to bring upon greater results and reform. One thing I've noticed about HK is that they are starting to take these protests and riots a bit TOO seriously at times. As the song said, rock the boat, but don't tip it over. This is how relations and diplomacy goes. If you nag me about wanting something, but do it in a reasonable manner that gets my attention and brings without going overboard, I will consider it. If HK pulls an Ukraine. Well, who knows, at that point, I may have lost my hope and faith in the people of HK

 

 

 

Too Lazy Didn't Read?; Summary:

Be ungrateful, be lazy, and be self-righteous. It helps the world go around. But don't you EVER tip that schiit over. Wanting more without tipping the boat over leads to reform and change. On a logical scale, the people who do it seem to be ungrateful, but it does promote a good end. But don't YOU EVER EVER tip that boat over. Especially with any Russian/Asian country. They will mess you the **** up. China and VERY rarely pull bluffs. 

 

I probably didn't get the meaning that you were trying to convey; sorry. Politics is hard.

 

What I DID get though was the following:

 

About the policies, it reminded me of a typical dystopian Sci-Fi setting, where the superiors have virtually full control over the inferiors, but one inferior stands to fight against the superiors. 

 

And about the bluffs, it reminded me of the dispute over certain airspace in East China.

 

China's all like "This airspace is mine! Anyone who intends to go into it or through it must report to me beforehand!"

 

And then the US, Japan and South Korea were all like "Whatevs, man. Ain't nobody got time fo dat."

post #102683 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 
wait.... You're in HK???

@pic
oh dear......
The political situation of Hong Kong is rather dire, isn't it? Fighting for freedom from the Titans that is Communist China.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Socialism_with_Chinese_characteristics
post #102684 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post
 

Hmm I really like Mahou Sensou ED animation...

It's quite fancy without being too...ostentatious, if that's the right word to describe it.

 

I've been meaning to ask you, @kn19h7, about that quote you have in your signature. Something about "all" (that one word that doesn't translate into English very well) and "humans"? It sounds so familiar, but I just can't remember where it's from. 


Edited by vantt1 - 1/24/14 at 6:52am
post #102685 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

 

I probably didn't get the meaning that you were trying to convey; sorry. Politics is hard.

 

What I DID get though was the following:

 

About the policies, it reminded me of a typical dystopian Sci-Fi setting, where the superiors have virtually full control over the inferiors, but one inferior stands to fight against the superiors. 

 

And about the bluffs, it reminded me of the dispute over certain airspace in East China.

 

China's all like "This airspace is mine! Anyone who intends to go into it or through it must report to me beforehand!"

 

And then the US, Japan and South Korea were all like "Whatevs, man. Ain't nobody got time fo dat."

Let me use the EA games example then

 

EA games isn't actually that that bad. They are actually fixing the errors they cause. Origin is a lot better and actually pretty good now. BF4 is for the most part stable with almost every configuration and even SLI and Crossfire worked. EA games isn't inherently 'bad'

 

BUT, if we were to say that right as the fiasco was happening, and procceeded not to complainand protest. What do you think would have really gotten done?

 

This is the example in terms of EA. Be ungrateful, but don't ever tip the boat too hard. 

 

The Chinese Air Zone thing is very political and diplomatic. 

 

ONE of the largest issues the people in the world have with Chinese policy....IS THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. One thing people keep doing is that they keep enforcing THEIR OWN COUNTRIES foreign policy as something the Chinese want to do and then think it weird when they do X Y Z. The biggest differences would be Chinese and USA foreign policy. If you study a bit into Chinese soft power and what their goals are, you will see how most of the things they are doing makes sense. It doesn't mean that just because it makes sense means that it is a good political move, but it does make sense. 

post #102686 of 139779

Just saw ep 9 of Kill la Kill. This is the episode where Ryuko fights Gamagori

 

That was epic

post #102687 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Let me use the EA games example then

 

EA games isn't actually that that bad. They are actually fixing the errors they cause. Origin is a lot better and actually pretty good now. BF4 is for the most part stable with almost every configuration and even SLI and Crossfire worked. EA games isn't inherently 'bad'

 

BUT, if we were to say that right as the fiasco was happening, and procceeded not to complainand protest. What do you think would have really gotten done?

 

This is the example in terms of EA. Be ungrateful, but don't ever tip the boat too hard. 

 

The Chinese Air Zone thing is very political and diplomatic. 

 

ONE of the largest issues the people in the world have with Chinese policy....IS THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND IT. One thing people keep doing is that they keep enforcing THEIR OWN COUNTRIES foreign policy as something the Chinese want to do and then think it weird when they do X Y Z. The biggest differences would be Chinese and USA foreign policy. If you study a bit into Chinese soft power and what their goals are, you will see how most of the things they are doing makes sense. It doesn't mean that just because it makes sense means that it is a good political move, but it does make sense. 

That's a bit of an abstract comparison.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Just saw ep 9 of Kill la Kill. This is the episode where Ryuko fights Gamagori

 

That was epic

"He's [Gamagoori] a pervert with an old man face!"

 

That episode?

post #102688 of 139779
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

It's quite fancy without being too...ostentatious, if that's the right word to describe it.

 

I've been meaning to ask you, @kn19h7, about that quote you have in your signature. Something about "all" (that one word that doesn't translate into English very well) and "humans"? It sounds so familiar, but I just can't remember where it's from. 


Yeah there are some good uses of camera angle, rough contour + color contrast.. I like it :D

 

That "全く" is read as "まったく" (mattaku) here, meaning of the sentence is like "Jeez, that's why human (or mortals?) is bla bla bla".

Quite commonly used words actually, not sure what made me set this as signature already Orz


Edited by kn19h7 - 1/24/14 at 7:56am
post #102689 of 139779
Dogecoin anyone?

Much profit. Such awesome. Wow
post #102690 of 139779

I'm still not convinced that the PRC is violating human rights constantly just so that the country is not going to "fall apart".
Why is it not possible for them to keep growing without censoring everything, torturing/kidnapping/imprisoning/killing people who don't like this system, discriminating the rural population and disabled children?
Why does China need it's own set of human "rights"? Is it really that special? I honestly don't think it is anymore.

I'm just not buying their arguments.
You always make it sound like the PRC is just a scared and helpless little puppy that is in constant fear of being swallowed by the bigger dogs around it.
It's time for them to snap out of this victim mentality. Possible that a lot of these horrible crimes were necessary to grant the stability of the country like 50 years ago.
But now?

 


Bitcoins, Dogecoins, Litecoins etc are soooo confusing....All this mining, peer-to-peer, special software, trading stuff on weird websites, wallets etc etc....


Edited by Tom Yum Goong - 1/24/14 at 8:02am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge