Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6805

post #102061 of 131074
Did you know?
Filling in admission forms and writing motivation letters/statements of purpose is incredibly boring and time consuming.

There was a moment when I thought I had all the forms filled out, and then in came a giant packet of forms I have to fill out before even officially being allowed to apply for the exchange program to Kyoto University. Ugh.
post #102062 of 131074

Welp, I'm about done with Bushi Road and I have to admit it's not the best movie but it was rather enjoyable for me.

Not sure what was mind**** about it...

 

Oh and hey look, it's our old friend ZIZZ Studio!! No wonder the OST sounded a bit familiar.

 

post #102063 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

$130 in the USA? It costs less than $100 here.

 

I mean yeah, it had those genres, but I personally focus on execution, and how well it does 'everything'. Logical and rationale characters along with themes and metaphors that meld together with general story plots and devices win big pts,.

 

A friend bought my T50RP more than a year ago at B&H and I think that store tends to sell things a bit more expensive than normally but then it's nowhere near as high as the price in Europe. It makes the T50RP look expensive and not the cheap and cheerful bargain that it is.

 

There's that but I think that Bushi Road gave me the same feeling as Broken Blade did to me when I first watched it. It made me want more and for a moment, I can't stop thinking about it.

But then to each of its own tastes.

 

My friend posted this in FB.

http://www.animeland.com/news/voir/6455/Un-grand-concours-manga-aux-editions-Ki-oon

OK, it's in French and for those who don't know what it talks about, Ki-oon (a French manga publisher) is holding a big competition on creating a 20 page Manga based around the theme of Vengeance. The winner will get a €5000 check and a publishing contract with Ki-oon. They also have invited 3 well known Mangakas to judge the entries: they are Kaoru Mori (Bride Stories), Etorouji Shiono (Übel Blatt) and Tetsuya Tsutsui (Prophecy).

Uuuugghh, it's so tempting!

post #102064 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 

I just find it quite evil. Then again, I like to rec. Ouran Host Club for people new to anime, a great series that helps you accept some of the wtf moments anime will be providing you if you become addicted.... but Otoshimono is like diving head first into wtf.

The anime does take a bit.....to swallow but the manga is actually quite surprising. It uses a LOT of slapstick comedy but I can forgive it. Because of how interesting its back plot and story is. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post

Did you know?
Filling in admission forms and writing motivation letters/statements of purpose is incredibly boring and time consuming.

There was a moment when I thought I had all the forms filled out, and then in came a giant packet of forms I have to fill out before even officially being allowed to apply for the exchange program to Kyoto University. Ugh.

Yep, did that all last year. Having to write with spunk about all the great things and heroic acts in my life.......

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Welp, I'm about done with Bushi Road and I have to admit it's not the best movie but it was rather enjoyable for me.

Not sure what was mind**** about it...

 

Oh and hey look, it's our old friend ZIZZ Studio!! No wonder the OST sounded a bit familiar.

 

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/101745#post_10173874

http://www.head-fi.org/t/586040/official-asian-anime-manga-and-music-lounge/101745#post_10173939

 

You would need to pay close attention to see its logic fail. Space Dandy brought the point up in episode 1

 

But basically, all the motivations, and speeches the two MC's did didn't say anything. Listen to what they are saying. During all those motivational times when the girl has almost lost it, listen to her 'coming back' speech. She literally hasn't learned a single thing and the anime just quickly shoves it away and hopes the viewer didn't notice just how bad it was.

 

The movie also was done in a way that seemed like they completely abridged a 12 episode anime into the 1.5hour movie. If you were to watch the movie in this fashion, a lot of the execution plot holes and how quickly they defuse situations can be slightly forgiven. But why ever the hell they would do this is beyond me. 3Hr uncut release I guess.

 

Anyway, my main problems with the anime (without counting the abridging, because that will probably get fixed in the uncut release) would be in its eratic protrayl of its themes and in how unlogical the MC's are (and later the sub characters) in all their actions

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

A friend bought my T50RP more than a year ago at B&H and I think that store tends to sell things a bit more expensive than normally but then it's nowhere near as high as the price in Europe. It makes the T50RP look expensive and not the cheap and cheerful bargain that it is.

 

There's that but I think that Bushi Road gave me the same feeling as Broken Blade did to me when I first watched it. It made me want more and for a moment, I can't stop thinking about it.

But then to each of its own tastes.

 

My friend posted this in FB.

http://www.animeland.com/news/voir/6455/Un-grand-concours-manga-aux-editions-Ki-oon

OK, it's in French and for those who don't know what it talks about, Ki-oon (a French manga publisher) is holding a big competition on creating a 20 page Manga based around the theme of Vengeance. The winner will get a €5000 check and a publishing contract with Ki-oon. They also have invited 3 well known Mangakas to judge the entries: they are Kaoru Mori (Bride Stories), Etorouji Shiono (Übel Blatt) and Tetsuya Tsutsui (Prophecy).

Uuuugghh, it's so tempting!

yep, BH is a bit more expensive.

 

Broken Blade was a lot better. They actually confronted the viewer and MC with questions that the MC never thought about and forced a reflection, and resolution through their initially flawed characters.

post #102065 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

A friend bought my T50RP more than a year ago at B&H and I think that store tends to sell things a bit more expensive than normally but then it's nowhere near as high as the price in Europe. It makes the T50RP look expensive and not the cheap and cheerful bargain that it is.

 

There's that but I think that Bushi Road gave me the same feeling as Broken Blade did to me when I first watched it. It made me want more and for a moment, I can't stop thinking about it.

But then to each of its own tastes.

 

My friend posted this in FB.

http://www.animeland.com/news/voir/6455/Un-grand-concours-manga-aux-editions-Ki-oon

OK, it's in French and for those who don't know what it talks about, Ki-oon (a French manga publisher) is holding a big competition on creating a 20 page Manga based around the theme of Vengeance. The winner will get a €5000 check and a publishing contract with Ki-oon. They also have invited 3 well known Mangakas to judge the entries: they are Kaoru Mori (Bride Stories), Etorouji Shiono (Übel Blatt) and Tetsuya Tsutsui (Prophecy).

Uuuugghh, it's so tempting!

 

Interested lol........ nice theme......:popcorn:

And generous pay......home come this never happens in my country....

post #102066 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

Shinobu cosplay..dayum

It's okay. I find more often than not that cosplayers look really fake because of the pale hair, very generic-looking pre-made purchased outfits, and many pounds of makeup.
post #102067 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


It's okay. I find more often than not that cosplayers look really fake because of the pale hair, very generic-looking pre-made purchased outfits, and many pounds of makeup.

My thoughts exactly.

post #102068 of 131074

Ep 3 of buddy complex. Return of GN tau drives >:o

post #102069 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Nice! Yeah, that's normal. Don't worry about it, mine is pretty much completely full.
Did you order a Z24 converter cartridge and ink, or are you planning on using disposable cartridges? Fountain pens piss through ink and it may run out in as little as a week or two...

I run through a full converter in a day. Those cartridges last me 2 days max. It contains 0.61ml of ink, which is not a whole lot I admit, but still, if you write a lot you'll deplete your ink really really fast.

I should really move to cheaper ink though. Currently consume about 0.5ml per day, bottle of ink costs about 35 euros for 50ml (I buy the crazy expensive Pilot Iroshizuku stuff orz). So that's 100 days; 0.35ct/day. That's actually not that bad, but still, this will cost me more than a hundred euros per year; could definitely move to something cheaper. Have to do a bit of research on this.
I like blueish turquoise ink, and I still want to buy a flex pen sometime. Anyone have any suggestions?

Holy hell you write a lot! :O

 

Yeah, that ink is only about $25 in the states, but it's still crazy expensive.

I use Noodler's ink and form what I can tell, it's a good value (at least here in the states) at $18 for a 4.5oz bottle that includes a free cheap eyedropper pen.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post

 

 

PS: Gotta kick Horrible Subs for hard-subbing.....

Does it really matter? Are you ever going to want to turn off the subs?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 


GOML

Trolololololololol

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidesu View Post
 

Hi! Im new to anime! Any similiar animes to rosario + vampire?

 

Ive watched now: Angel Beats, Klannad, Kanon and Black Lagoon.

Hmm, it's not exactly similar, but Sora no Otoshimono was the anime I watched right after Rosario Vampire (IIRC those were the 2nd and 3rd shows I watched respectively) and really enjoyed it!

Oh, and also check out Mayo Chiki. It's a harem as well with a lot of funny antics.

 

Looks like you've seen a lot of good shows already! XD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantt1 View Post
 

I can never stand the buffering, and it feels like a waste of internet to stream. Plus, a large fraction of my Anime consists of BDrips, and they're like a gig per episode. 

 

Oh yes, and I can trade Anime with my friends. We spend about an hour each time introducing Anime to each other, then copy them to external hard drives.

Lol, I do the whole anime trading thing with friends as well.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phidesu View Post
 

That was fast reply :o

Yeah lol, our thread moves really fast. XD

 

Oh, and I saw your thread about wanting to upgrade from the HD650; I don't really wanna post in that thread though. The Beyer T1 is schiit (quality control issues, treble spikes, etc) from everything I've read about it, so don't bother. I've tried the LCD-2 and it really is one of the more uncomfortable headphones I've tried. Probably should be avoided as well.

In stock configuration, the HD800 I heard with my O2 was just a bit bright, but with the Anax mod (there should be some threads about it around here) it should tame the brightness a bit.

Personally though, I would get either the HE-500 or Hifiman's new HE-560 that will be available shortly, or look into some STAX electrostatic headphones. :veryevil:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

http://ke-taro.jugem.jp/?eid=57

 

Shinobu cosplay..dayum

My jambo jet flies cheerfully. :3

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 

Welp, I'm about done with Bushi Road and I have to admit it's not the best movie but it was rather enjoyable for me.

Not sure what was mind**** about it...

 

Oh and hey look, it's our old friend ZIZZ Studio!! No wonder the OST sounded a bit familiar.

Ooh, nice nice. I might have to look into it now too! XD

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

 

A friend bought my T50RP more than a year ago at B&H and I think that store tends to sell things a bit more expensive than normally but then it's nowhere near as high as the price in Europe. It makes the T50RP look expensive and not the cheap and cheerful bargain that it is.

It depends really. When I bought my Nikon D3200 and my Canon printer, they had both of them cheaper than any other retailer on the net. Other times they can be closer to retail.

Yeah, right now they have the T50RP for $107.99.

If you need some help from a 'Murican getting one, let me know and I can help. ;)

post #102070 of 131074
And as for the amount of anime I have on my hard drive, I have less than 20 GB. I'll probably wipe Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and what I've watched of Clannad: After Story, keeping only Haruhi Suzumiya.
post #102071 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

 

 

Lol, PC HOARDING MASTER RACE

Holy schitt what...

 

AKB0048 Next Stage BDs almost done... can't wait.

post #102072 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

And as for the amount of anime I have on my hard drive, I have less than 20 GB. I'll probably wipe Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and what I've watched of Clannad: After Story, keeping only Haruhi Suzumiya.

Wise choice madame, wise choice.

post #102073 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

 

My jambo jet flies cheerfully. :3

 

 

jambo jet?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

And as for the amount of anime I have on my hard drive, I have less than 20 GB. I'll probably wipe Shingeki no Kyojin, Free!, and what I've watched of Clannad: After Story, keeping only Haruhi Suzumiya.

I'm sad in remembering Aya Hirano. :( 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VXAce View Post
 

Holy schitt what...

 

AKB0048 Next Stage BDs almost done... can't wait.

AKB.....anime ewww

 

I like the artist,,,but the anime

post #102074 of 131074
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

Ep 3 of buddy complex. Return of GN tau drives >:o

Are you Japanese?

 

How are you watching Raws?

post #102075 of 131074

Ep 3 of nobunaga

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
boobs too big :eek:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge