Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6773

post #101581 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

Talking about CPUs, Kaveri's 45w parts have a huge gain in performance. A10s are a bit meh but I want to see Richland vs Kaveri clock for clock (and maybe AMD and Intel clock for clock to see IPC differences. Still going to be big differences for single core).

 

NZXT H440 looks awesome. Also like where they're going with it.

Yeah, NZXT have come a long way since the craptastic H2.

 

Sadly, the new Kaveri A10 still gets roflstomped in IPC by current gen Intel but it's a nice upgrade from the older gen. Might be nice for mid range gaming laptops and HTPCs that can run the odd game.

post #101582 of 117501

You know what I really wan't to see next season or whatever?

An anime called Wizard Baristas!

Friggin wizards at Starbucks! Doing all kinds of unholy black bean magic! Would be super hype.
I mean, the names of these bazillion different coffee variants they have there almost sound like they are straight from the Necronomicon.

"I summon thee great Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, Peppermint White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha with light whip, upside-down, 1 pump of peppermint, 1 and 3/8 pumps vanilla, heavy whip-cream, 3 ice cubes, 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg sprinkled on top, with green sprinkles, light cinnamon dusted on, stirred, with no lid, double cupped, and a straw!!!
Do my bidding and kill the evil demonlord person only known as Pacific Coffee! Crush him with all your syllables!"
Or something like this.

Of course it needs to be made by KyoAni.
The Urobutcher is responsible for the script. Needs some sick "oh noz, we are out of soy-milk"-twists.

post #101583 of 117501
For those who've watched Nagi no...

Does the mc end up...happier?

As stated before, I'm quite weak with NTR
post #101584 of 117501
I don't know if happier is the word I'd use for him, he calms down from where he is in the early episodes. This show is mostly drama, so no one really seems "happy" to me.
post #101585 of 117501
Oh look okada used "drama for drama's sake" and people cried because they felt "feels". Yawn
post #101586 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

You know what I really wan't to see next season or whatever?

An anime called Wizard Baristas!

Friggin wizards at Starbucks! Doing all kinds of unholy black bean magic! Would be super hype.
I mean, the names of these bazillion different coffee variants they have there almost sound like they are straight from the Necronomicon.

"I summon thee great Venti, sugar-free, non-fat, vanilla soy, double shot, decaf, no foam, extra hot, Peppermint White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha with light whip, upside-down, 1 pump of peppermint, 1 and 3/8 pumps vanilla, heavy whip-cream, 3 ice cubes, 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg sprinkled on top, with green sprinkles, light cinnamon dusted on, stirred, with no lid, double cupped, and a straw!!!
Do my bidding and kill the evil demonlord person only known as Pacific Coffee! Crush him with all your syllables!"
Or something like this.

Of course it needs to be made by KyoAni.
The Urobutcher is responsible for the script. Needs some sick "oh noz, we are out of soy-milk"-twists.

Double cupped!? Is there such an option:basshead:

post #101587 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1o2r3i4s5 View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

 


Oh my god. We of the AAML must play a game of L4D2 with all these mods:

Foul language (including some in the picture preview) (Click to show)

I lost my schiit a few times through the video and couldn't stop coughing because I was laughing so much... XD

OMG!!!! It's NEPTUNE!!!!!!!!!!  :D

 

Miku-witch: Onii-chan~~~~~!!!!!!! :3

Lol yeah, if that isn't nightmare fuel I don't know what is.

Apparently the sounds are part of a "yandere" mod and not actually part of the Miku mod.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

For what it's worth, Mr. Rug said he had a couple of things reshelled through them and never had any problems.

Well, That's the thing. They're only.... "ok". Just know that their IEMs will have worse resale value than UE's in the case that you don't like em. I wouldn't go for them.

Yeah, considering I've never even heard of those CIEMs and there are no reviews on them, I'm guessing the resale value would be nonexistent.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/11804079

 

Noice.

Very noice!

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

AMD master race!

:blink:

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post


WTF. That CPU by itself costs just about as much as my whole Retina Display MacBook Pro. o.0

That what happens if you want a fully certified server CPU. Those certs cost money and businesses can afford it. Most consumers can't.

 

Ofc there's also the fact that Intel's server chips schiit all over AMD right now(and possibly for the next decade). The highest priced AMD chips are only ~$800.

What certificates are you talking about?

There's also the fact this thing has 12 cores that might hike the price up a bit...

 

Yep, AMD sucks for performance compared to Intel. AMD procs are generally cheaper though. I use an AMD APU and it does its job, just forget trying to do anything more intensive than playing media (like gaming) and there's no way it'll have any of it.

post #101588 of 117501

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDPGMpmHOs

 

How many can you pick up? :P

post #101589 of 117501

Ohhhh the new Chuunibyou S2 episode was sweet :3
I like Chuunibyou more than I should.

post #101590 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

What certificates are you talking about?

There's also the fact this thing has 12 cores that might hike the price up a bit...

High end Xeons are iirc stress tested before shipping. Anything that doesn't work out at a certain reliability is scrapped. That and they have more error correction and extra features like dual socket support, VTX-D, etc... Stuff that doesn't make it as a Xeon is sometimes scrapped and sold as a consumer chip. Yeah, 12 cores (fooking gigantic die) is probably still hell to fab, so that's gonna hike the price up.

post #101591 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post

High end Xeons are iirc stress tested before shipping. Anything that doesn't work out at a certain reliability is scrapped. That and they have more error correction and extra features like dual socket support, VTX-D, etc... Stuff that doesn't make it as a Xeon is sometimes scrapped and sold as a consumer chip. Yeah, 12 cores (fooking gigantic die) is probably still hell to fab, so that's gonna hike the price up.

 



Server parts also get a price hike just due to the target market being used to paying high prices. Same reason a Nvidia Quadro K6000 costs $1,600. The stuff you mentioned def. adds value though, especially the waranty and certifications that they passed specific stress tests.
post #101592 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

Ohhhh the new Chuunibyou S2 episode was sweet :3

I like Chuunibyou more than I should.


 



Sounds exciting. The biggest down side to Chuunibyou S1 was how crammed in the story was (seems like the status quo for Kyoani). They need to get back to making a few 24 episode deals like they used to, this "we'll do 12 eps and see if it sticks" plan makes me a little sad (Free!, Kyoukai no Kanata, Tamako Market, etc.). Hyouka was the last one they did like that, before that it was K-on!! and Nichijou ;(
post #101593 of 117501

There once was a man named Spamda. Spamda came from high and low, far and wide, and before he knew it. Amassed a few thousand troll posts on the AAMML thread. He tried to assume the true-panda's identity, but failed. He later tried to become Spamda, but also failed miserably. We knew him well and far - hell, he even went to the Hong Kong to meet Borisu - but there was one thing that made him different. He loved classical music. He was a devlish man when playing his violin. Every single time he talked about those strings of his, I would ignore it. Man, all those classical music videos and spamda galore. I couldn't take it anymore. I banished him to the world of the realz, of which he stayed for months. He came back stronger than ever.

 

And so, I wish our very own Spamda a happy happy Spammy birthday :D

 

Happy Birthday Mr. Violin. Spam Away

post #101594 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

What certificates are you talking about?

There's also the fact this thing has 12 cores that might hike the price up a bit...

High end Xeons are iirc stress tested before shipping. Anything that doesn't work out at a certain reliability is scrapped. That and they have more error correction and extra features like dual socket support, VTX-D, etc... Stuff that doesn't make it as a Xeon is sometimes scrapped and sold as a consumer chip. Yeah, 12 cores (fooking gigantic die) is probably still hell to fab, so that's gonna hike the price up.

Wow, that's insane...

So they would actually disable some of the cores and sell it as a consumer CPU? :O

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangster View Post
 

High end Xeons are iirc stress tested before shipping. Anything that doesn't work out at a certain reliability is scrapped. That and they have more error correction and extra features like dual socket support, VTX-D, etc... Stuff that doesn't make it as a Xeon is sometimes scrapped and sold as a consumer chip. Yeah, 12 cores (fooking gigantic die) is probably still hell to fab, so that's gonna hike the price up.

 



Server parts also get a price hike just due to the target market being used to paying high prices. Same reason a Nvidia Quadro K6000 costs $1,600. The stuff you mentioned def. adds value though, especially the waranty and certifications that they passed specific stress tests.

True. Not only that, but most of the tech in consumer CPUs probably comes from the R&D Intel does on their server chips, which ain't cheap either.

post #101595 of 117501
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

Wow, that's insane...

So they would actually disable some of the cores and sell it as a consumer CPU? :O

What do you think Sandy Bridge-E and Ivy Bridge-E are? If they were designed from the outset as consumer CPU's they wouldn't have most of the fancy Xeon virtualisation tech.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge