or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6761

post #101401 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0o0o0o View Post

I thought Nobunagun was the terrible one and Nobunaga the Fool was the decent one... Or was it the other other way around. I'm confused.

Went Googling for the Psycho Pass Super Oats picture and found this:



Can't remember if someone else linked it muuuuuuch earlier in the thread. I think the picture was linked anyway. But hilarious, and somehow the lyrics work so well!!!

Also, Sekai Seifuku is officially my favorite premiere this season. Hope it keeps it up so I can start saying it's the best show of 2014 in mega-font.

I am very disappoint X(

Much better to listen to the original and sing along with the picture. At least the caption makes fun of itself.
But SHAFT budget works super well with SHAFT style of directing, so SHAFT wins. :P
post #101402 of 157367
So is there any sort of timetable (site) for anime this season? Or for anime past and/or forthcoming season for that matter. PUT IT IN THE FIRST POST PLOX http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/Planner/ <-- better
Edited by jgray91 - 1/14/14 at 7:56am
post #101403 of 157367

Finished Toradora.
I enjoyed this anime. Really nothing outstanding though.
A bit overly dramatic here and there IMO
And the last episode was...

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
....almost Oreimo-stupid.
That made no sense at all.
At least they did not ruin the whole end (well maybe for the people who missed out on the two minutes after the ED)
post #101404 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

So is there any sort of timetable (site) for anime this season? Or for anime past and/or forthcoming season for that matter. PUT IT IN THE FIRST POST PLOX http://www.mahou.org/Showtime/Planner/ <-- better

I always use http://animecalendar.net/. but that site you just posted seems better.
post #101405 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post

But SHAFT budget works super well with SHAFT style of directing, so SHAFT wins. :P

Not so sure for me D:

 

I like Arakawa, Hidamari Sketch, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, very much, but the famous Bakemonogatari was just "not bad" to me.

 

Don't know how to say on your favorite SZS though = =

post #101406 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilpo View Post


I always use http://animecalendar.net/. but that site you just posted seems better.
Just found this. Neat, but I can't click on the text besides the check box to check the box? Fail. :P

Nah, it's fine for granular tracking of specific series you're already following, I feel, whereas my link was more for overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn19h7 View Post

Not so sure for me D:

I like Arakawa, Hidamari Sketch, Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru, very much, but the famous Bakemonogatari was just "not bad" to me.

Don't know how to say on your favorite SZS though = =

If anything, whenever it gets boring, seeing how SHAFT does crazy **** is the next best thing before a drop. Do not ask a fanboy how he feels about his fanboy series lol.
post #101407 of 157367
My top 10 early picks (non-sequels/continuations and in alpha. order) after 1-2 episodes for this season are:

D-Frag
Mahou Sensou
Nisekoi
Noragami
Nourin
Sekai Seifuku
Space Dandy
Wake Up Girls
Witch Craft Works
Wizard Barristers

What you see here are a lot school-life comedies. There are a few reasons for this: 1) School Life Comedy has a wide appeal and is easy to digest, aka after only 1-2 episodes you can tell what the rest will be like, there probably won't be any surprises re: plot depth/direction. 2) I like Moe 3) I like Comedy. I'm not afraid to admit it either wink.gif

*P.S. I am not giving these an unconditional vote of confidence, my experience tells me that 9/10 of these will be getting 6 or 7/10 ratings. These are just the types of shows where if someone asks "what should I watch?" it would be easy to rec. these and have them find at least a couple that they would enjoy.

*P.P.S. This list will be completely useless to Tilpo.
Edited by Muinarc - 1/14/14 at 8:54am
post #101408 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

My top 10 early picks (non-sequels/continuations and in alpha. order) after 1-2 episodes for this season are:

D-Frag
Mahou Sensou
Nisekoi
Noragami
Nourin
Sekai Seifuku
Space Dandy
Wake Up Girls
Witch Craft Works
Wizard Barristers

What you see here are a lot school-life comedies. There are a few reasons for this: 1) School Life Comedy has a wide appeal and is easy to digest, aka after only 1-2 episodes you can tell what the rest will be like, there probably won't be any surprises re: plot depth/direction. 2) I like Moe 3) I like Comedy. I'm not afraid to admit it either wink.gif

*P.S. I am not giving these an unconditional vote of confidence, my experience tells me that 9/10 of these will be getting 6 or 7/10 ratings. These are just the types of shows where if someone asks "what should I watch?" it would be easy to rec. these and have them find at least a couple that they would enjoy.

*P.P.S. This list will be completely useless to Tilpo.

You would recommend people shows that you rated with a 6 or a 7?
That is cruel.

post #101409 of 157367



Great? [Y/N]
post #101410 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post




Great? [Y/N]

Pretty neat idea, but I guess the sound is a bit lacking :|

You are not actually following someone with the name Kawaii_OtakuGirl~X, right?

post #101411 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post




Great? [Y/N]


Seems Legit!!

 


Damn, I was about to drop Super Sonico.... but then considering that they're actually doing music (Unlike the huge disappointment known as K-ON!!) I guess I'll hold on to it for a bit longer...


Oh and their stylized credits looks like compression artifacts.....

post #101412 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

You would recommend people shows that you rated with a 6 or a 7?
That is cruel.

 



Yes, on my scale 5 = meh but watchable, 6 = good, 7 =great.... basically everything starts as a 7, then moves up or down from there. I would rec. a 7 all day any day. There are many great shows out there, just less awesome/fantastic/art (8,9,10) shows. It keeps my ratings on MAL legitimate. If everything I liked or would recommend was an 8-10, the truly deserving shows would get burried. That's why I only have like 6 10s on my list.



@jgray91; Yes.
post #101413 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

Yes, on my scale 5 = meh but watchable, 6 = good, 7 =great.... basically everything starts as a 7, then moves up or down from there. I would rec. a 7 all day any day. There are many great shows out there, just less awesome/fantastic/art (8,9,10) shows. It keeps my ratings on MAL legitimate. If everything I liked or would recommend was an 8-10, the truly deserving shows would get burried. That's why I only have like 6 10s on my list.

Yay~ another imperial scale user :p

(I personally don't rate anime because I found it nearly impossible to standardize them.)

post #101414 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray91 View Post




Great? [Y/N]

 

 

Screen is too small to be immersive. Needs iPad or tablet support.

 

In other news, finished my T50RP cable (well, it's just a simple 1.4m 3.5mm right angled jack to 3.5mm straight jack cable)

post #101415 of 157367
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

You would recommend people shows that you rated with a 6 or a 7?

That is cruel.

I do it often enough.
Just because I don't enjoy something that much doesn't mean I can't see how someone else whose taste I understand might.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge