Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6755

post #101311 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


I don't know how to interpret this chart.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/japan-animation-tv-ranking-december-23-29
This can't be the most watched anime stuff in Japanese television.


 



That looks right. A lot of the anime geared to the older audiences were on hiatus that week too. Things like Uchyuu Kyoudai have been on that chart for months, I'd expect the next one to be a bit different, but detective conan and the sheep one probably aren't going anywhere wink.gif
post #101312 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post

 

ERRRUUUU-EEEEEEFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!! " src="http://files.head-fi.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif">

 

 

Just received some Mogami Neglex Quad Cable, a Neutrik mini right angled jack and a Viablue mini straight jack. I'm going to make a cable for my T50RP.

 



Nice, let us see some pics once you get it made.

@MrViolin; Yeah I like what I'm seeing so far from Witch Craft Works.
post #101313 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

I don't know how to interpret this chart.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/japan-animation-tv-ranking-december-23-29
This can't be the most watched anime stuff in Japanese television.


 

 



That looks right. A lot of the anime geared to the older audiences were on hiatus that week too. Things like Uchyuu Kyoudai have been on that chart for months, I'd expect the next one to be a bit different, but detective conan and the sheep one probably aren't going anywhere wink.gif

Normally this should not surprise me but...hmmm. Whatever tickles their fancy.
 


Got around watching the first episode of Wizard Barristers.
Definetely a keeper :)

Great art style and execution!
Cool premise (Law&Order with wizards? Sure!)
Interesting bunch of characters.

But on the negative side we have:
Not so great soundtrack (only the first episode)
Kind of meh MC (she is pretty, powerful, smart blablabla)

post #101314 of 155967
I thought the same thing about Barristers, it would be fantastic as a Law & Order deal if it was an hour per episode. Police Procedural with Quinn and some dude in the first half, legal proceedings in the 2nd half (maybe with more Quinn wink.gif ).
post #101315 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

I thought the same thing about Barristers, it would be fantastic as a Law & Order deal if it was an hour per episode. Police Procedural with Quinn and some dude in the first half, legal proceedings in the 2nd half (maybe with more Quinn wink.gif ).

That would be too cool to be true.



One of my top 3 bands is going to release a new album this week.
The last album was beautiful Metal.
Now they scratched the whole Metal part and what came out is...well....beautiful :D
I'm not 100% okay with this development but maybe 75%.
I mean, how could I not be okay with this wonderful, dreamy piece of music ♥

http://pitchfork.com/advance/312-shelter/

I already ordered my super limited 40 page artbook edition ;)

post #101316 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post

I don't know how to interpret this chart.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-01-12/japan-animation-tv-ranking-december-23-29

This can't be the most watched anime stuff in Japanese television.
Quote:
Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind film aired on NTV on Friday, December 27 at 9:00 p.m. and earned a 12.9% rating.
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Well I guess Miyazaki fails really hardcore then with a 12.9% rating whatever that means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

lol
@@mechgamer123

I didn't actually download the evasi0n tool yesterday...version 1.0.3


Now I can download it. Version 1.0.4. XD
http://www.ibtimes.com/evasi0n-7-104-released-ios-7x-jailbreak-untethered-update-fixes-security-issues-through-cydia-update
Welp, looks like I should download the newest jaibreak payload thing on Cydia.
So are you finally jailbreaking? :O
Yup, I did it in class. XD
F.lux, Activator, SBSettings, NoNewsIsGoodNews, and SwipeSelection already make my life much easier. smily_headphones1.gif

SwipeSelection = God
No really, I friggin hate the standard press and hold schiit to get to the right spot in text.
post #101317 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

WTF is that supposed to mean?
Well I guess Miyazaki fails really hardcore then with a 12.9% rating whatever that means.

Yeah, color me confused.
 


Just so you people don't get the idea that I grew weak or something I will post a pretty mean song here.
>:(

I'm super evil and stuff.

post #101318 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post

WTF is that supposed to mean?

Well I guess Miyazaki fails really hardcore then with a 12.9% rating whatever that means.

 

Isn't that the percentage of all people watching TV during the time? I don't know what's the usual rating for an animated movie, though...

 

[EDIT]

Looks not bad, though - compared to the shows on the list.


Edited by Accoun - 1/13/14 at 1:39pm
post #101319 of 155967

Back to something a bit more friendly and easier to digest ^o^

post #101320 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

ERRRUUUU-EEEEEEFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!! <img data-cke-saved-src=

 

 

Just received some Mogami Neglex Quad Cable, a Neutrik mini right angled jack and a Viablue mini straight jack. I'm going to make a cable for my T50RP.

 



Nice, let us see some pics once you get it made.

@MrViolin; Yeah I like what I'm seeing so far from Witch Craft Works.

It only gets better. :o2smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

ERRRUUUU-EEEEEEFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!! :D

 

 

Just received some Mogami Neglex Quad Cable, a Neutrik mini right angled jack and a Viablue mini straight jack. I'm going to make a cable for my T50RP.

:D

 

Oh nice:eek: Do your magic :veryevil:

post #101321 of 155967

I'm pretty sure Dr. Pepper is only big in the south... of the USA. 

 

Went to the north, west and west, europe and asia. Wadafaq. And to find it in d-frag when it wasn't in the manga (iirc)? Mind=blown.

post #101322 of 155967
When I was in Japan you don't see many soft drinks at all. I saw Coke more than Pepsi, no Diet anything, and Dr Pepper. I got some "mellon" cola at a restaurant, no idea who made it but it didn't taste like anything I had ever had before lol. Suntory and Asahi seemed to make the most drinks that weren't alcoholic, lots of berry juices and stuff.

I still get major cravings for this stuff, I was buying it from the vending machines every time I saw it, they probably put cocaine in it or something.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
post #101323 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post


May God have mercy on your soul because Imocho has none.

lol, Imocho has replaced my soul, no need.

 

The reason I like Imocho is because of how far its taking it.

 

I drop half the imo and harem anime's because its the same literal schiit. Imo Cho however literally gives you extreme situations that get even more extreme with a lot of mature content happening. The brother isn't a total dipschiit idiot and so yeah.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

I'm trying TYG. The gf doesn't mind an hour to hour and a half per night. Thank god that there aren't any good games for the ps4 yet, if I get into a game I'd be down to normal animu viewing levels for humans of like 5-10 shows.

Eat, sleep, work, significant other, family, friends, animu, games, PC, audio, hiking, motorcycle track days, reading..... too many hobbies, too little time. Where is our hippie utopia where no one uses money and gets everything they want?! :-P

 

The gf? Gosh, you must have amazing time management skills.

 

Nice, what motorcyle you ride?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechgamer123 View Post
 

 

Yeah, I love when anime take something that could be the entire plot of a lesser show, and just nonchalantly toss it out there for the viewers.

Damn, you make me think I'm missing a bunch of metaphors (in that I haven't came up with any metaphors yet).

 

 

I posted a lot about SSY's metaphors before, but you probably didn't read them since they were all in spoiler tags, most of the metaphors dealt with

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

How SSY used a different social ideology without pushing it in people's faces. The different society and social values was shown nonchalantly and without much attention. This was ******* awesome. One of the largest examples being in the homosexual/bisexual, pre-maturity sexual urges along with some other things in society. Bi-sexual partners within the SSY group was extremely common. With lovers between almost everyone. The anime showed it, but didn't make it a big deal. The anime showed it as if those ideals were present in our current society (this is even more amazing considering the current society the anime is looking at countering is extremely conservative Japanese/Asian society). The anime showed those bisexual partners, and an idea of multiple partners. The more OMFG amazing part was when the anime somewhat showed that (and also made a huge counter attack at gay bigots) in the SSY society, they realize love, and reproduction to be different. The society there had lovers, but also realized males and females as necessary to have more offspring, this idea was a lot more hidden and had to be pieced together from different episodes.

The second biggest thing SSY did was in that they made the main characters and the society you saw...human in form. We as viewers are so accustomed to the idea that who we see on screen are humans just like us. Even in anime where the MC are aliens, we still perceive their actions as being those of ours and of our customs. SSY thus parodied this idea. The actual HUMANS in the anime were the meerkats. This was ingenius on levels beyond what I have seen in anime yet. The anime consintously re-inforced the humanlike gods to be 'humans' to us. The ideology change also wasn't so extreme. This is so the viewer doesn't immediately see the switcheroo that the series performed, in that we are weirded by what we see in that society, but huge alarm bells of them being truly different from us are aroused. The anime does give hints as the meerkats(the true represenatives of us humans) called the MC's gods. Anyway, we know this is true as we see a progression of Meerkat ability. The Meerkats, once fearful of the gods (who are human-form in the anime), soon developed abilities to lie, through evolution. Evolution in the anime being shown through squelear. Any biology person would know that most people don't know what evolution is. In short, evolution does not occur on a species, but on a population, and it does so through individual abnormal beings in that population. Squealer, and his intellect, thus representing evolution of the entire Meerkat population. The population undergoes differnt metaphors and types of thinking. They went from both the Queen Meerkat, and Meerkat obeing the Gods to an idea of a Democracy. And from that democracy, they soon started to build infrastructure, representation, and family units. Later on, they developed fire arms, and had land battles (of which the Gods would often 'look' and watch over the field as it was happening and sometimes cause 'stuff' to happen). The anime made it very apparent and gave various hints throughout the show, but it didn't try to make it super obvious. Anyway, in the very end, the meerkats(human represenatives) used the Gods against them, before the Gods punished the evolutionary hero, and blah blah. Obviously, this isn't canon of human history. But the end speech by Squealer was so good. It spoke of human qualms towards powers above them, towards represenatives, and the will of his people, of the struggles they had to overcome. The anime tried to make the idea of meerkats being human represenatives known through the last episode, in where it was asked, why they were shaped as naked mole rats (anther evolutionary idea they used), and the changes the Gods 'made' and put upon them, and other things about why they weren't created in the 'Gods' images.

These two are the 'largest' and most prevelant thems, metaphors, and ideological changes throughout the anime, but smaller ones obviously were here and there. Hell, it was everywhere, you can analyze everything. Ethics committee (metaphor to control systems and the pros and cons of those), to the familial unit and how its done in the show, to the school system and even the negative feedback system.

 

Please read this someone and have discussion with me on it? This took me a long time to write -_- , the SSY thing that is.

Anyway, it was genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

I see 0o0o0okami dropped by :D

 

And bowei. VALVRAVE THE LIBERATOR 

-__-

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortexBlast View Post
 

 

ERRRUUUU-EEEEEEFFFFFFUUUUUU!!!!!!!! :D

 

 

Just received some Mogami Neglex Quad Cable, a Neutrik mini right angled jack and a Viablue mini straight jack. I'm going to make a cable for my T50RP.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

Normally this should not surprise me but...hmmm. Whatever tickles their fancy.
 


Got around watching the first episode of Wizard Barristers.
Definetely a keeper :)

Great art style and execution!
Cool premise (Law&Order with wizards? Sure!)
Interesting bunch of characters.

But on the negative side we have:
Not so great soundtrack (only the first episode)
Kind of meh MC (she is pretty, powerful, smart blablabla)

Yeah, I was about to not download it until I checked ANN overall ratings of it, and it was high :D

 

Gonna demo it later

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by miceblue View Post



WTF is that supposed to mean?

Well I guess Miyazaki fails really hardcore then with a 12.9% rating whatever that means.
Yup, I did it in class. XD
F.lux, Activator, SBSettings, NoNewsIsGoodNews, and SwipeSelection already make my life much easier. smily_headphones1.gif

SwipeSelection = God
No really, I friggin hate the standard press and hold schiit to get to the right spot in text.

Japan ratings are very different, I was also WTf, when I saw another show that used that percentage rating. Maybe its percentage of TV viewers that have the channel that tuned in to watch?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrViolin View Post
 

I'm pretty sure Dr. Pepper is only big in the south... of the USA. 

 

Went to the north, west and west, europe and asia. Wadafaq. And to find it in d-frag when it wasn't in the manga (iirc)? Mind=blown.

Not sure, I don't see that that many drink it here but its still drunk in the north.


Edited by bowei006 - 1/13/14 at 2:28pm
post #101324 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Nice, what motorcyle you ride?

 

More importantly: does he play card games on it? ;-P

post #101325 of 155967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muinarc View Post

When I was in Japan you don't see many soft drinks at all. I saw Coke more than Pepsi, no Diet anything, and Dr Pepper. I got some "mellon" cola at a restaurant, no idea who made it but it didn't taste like anything I had ever had before lol. Suntory and Asahi seemed to make the most drinks that weren't alcoholic, lots of berry juices and stuff.

I still get major cravings for this stuff, I was buying it from the vending machines every time I saw it, they probably put cocaine in it or something.
 

And lots of milk tea and coffee :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post

 

Not sure, I don't see that that many drink it here but its still drunk in the north.

Ye not that that popular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoun View Post
 

 

More importantly: does he play card games on it? ;-P

LOL 5d's


Edited by MrViolin - 1/13/14 at 2:35pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge