Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge - Page 6669

post #100021 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Yum Goong View Post
 

This is pretty disturbing.
Even if it's text only.

http://www.angelfire.com/mn3/pokegirls/masterindex.html

They honestly came up with over 600 Pokegirls?!


That's enough internet for today.
Good night everyone.

 

.....that is disturbing

post #100022 of 152126

Congrats on 100k :3. Sorry wasn't around to see it live.

post #100023 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

Congrats on 100k :3. Sorry wasn't around to see it live.

It was a spam contest lol :D

:deadhorse:

post #100024 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

It was a spam contest lol :D

:deadhorse:


To be fair only Hybrid spammed.

Yet raptor got it xD

post #100025 of 152126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 


To be fair only Hybrid spammed.

Yet raptor got it xD

I only put in 2 posts. :p

post #100026 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I only put in 2 posts. :p


The only ones written "*spam*"

:biggrin:

 

I didn't lie!

post #100027 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 


To be fair only Hybrid spammed.

Yet raptor got it xD

ahhh ...nyaa?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post
 

I only put in 2 posts. :p

 

1 toooo many :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbee View Post
 


The only ones written "*spam*"

:biggrin:

 

I didn't lie!

ooo snap!


Just saw Nobunaga the fool.

 

Quite interesting. The only part that made me think wtf was when

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The dude in the spaceship told them to test all they want....and then they run off in the suit...and get shot at? WTF?

I'l be following this. Plus, Jeann's armor design...is nice :D

post #100028 of 152126

Darn I missed the celebration :(

Anyway, congratz guys!

post #100029 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post
 

Darn I missed the celebration :(

Anyway, congratz guys!

Welcome back graphy!


Nobunaga the Fool has some impressive staff (some) though :)

 

Series Director/Concept person was involved with the Macross Series and Aquarion, while the script writer was involved with Code GEass Akito and Blood+

post #100030 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Welcome back graphy!


Nobunaga the Fool has some impressive staff (some) though :)

 

Series Director/Concept person was involved with the Macross Series and Aquarion, while the script writer was involved with Code GEass Akito and Blood+

 

It'll take a while for me to get used to this thread again, what with many new comers since I last came here. But hey, no megaquote this time though. Moss the old days lol.

post #100031 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphidz View Post
 

 

It'll take a while for me to get used to this thread again, what with many new comers since I last came here. But hey, no megaquote this time though. Moss the old days lol.

Oh right, yeah our old mega quotes...those were the days of waking up to 100-200 new posts...dayum. *tears up*


 

We've spoken about this quite often, about anime catering to those who buy schiit

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1ug047/2013_tv_anime_sales_rankings_update_arpeggio_10k/

 

These are the sales charts for the entire 2013 year. With every animated media from japan in the chart(that at least made it)

 

It's not hard to read.

 

But one example would be Love Live topping Winter 2013 sales with over 6x the amount of sales as compared to #7 on the same list.

 

Good stuff, but ...yeah. Anime is highly caluclative of what is put out. Its a formula of what will get what sales now adays :(

post #100032 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowei006 View Post
 

Oh right, yeah our old mega quotes...those were the days of waking up to 100-200 new posts...dayum. *tears up*


 

We've spoken about this quite often, about anime catering to those who buy schiit

http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1ug047/2013_tv_anime_sales_rankings_update_arpeggio_10k/

 

These are the sales charts for the entire 2013 year. With every animated media from japan in the chart(that at least made it)

 

It's not hard to read.

 

But one example would be Love Live topping Winter 2013 sales with over 6x the amount of sales as compared to #7 on the same list.

 

Good stuff, but ...yeah. Anime is highly caluclative of what is put out. Its a formula of what will get what sales now adays :(

How the heck is Infinite Stratos still popular...

post #100033 of 152126

Keep in mind that Autumn 2013 was the latest one. (Winter 2013 is January 2013, not what we are in right now)

 

These are the two most notable charts.

 

Most from this season that just happened are not released yet. But another example of anime catering to the lowest denominator and why we keep seeing the same 'schiit'. 

 

IS2 did almost 3x better than third place during this last seasonal run....IS 2?? WTF!

 

However, Arpeggio was an amazing show. It had many elements that were done to also cater a bit, but Arpeggio was much better than IS

 

I love how Meganebu and Coppellion did so soo soo poorly that it didn't even chart. Galileo Donna only sold 882 and still charted..... They lost so muchmoney lol


Edited by bowei006 - 1/5/14 at 7:26pm
post #100034 of 152126
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveTan View Post
 

How the heck is Infinite Stratos still popular...

Watch an episode. It's not hard to tell how. Anime caters to those who will pay for it.

post #100035 of 152126

Watamote sold 1k units in the summer

 

High School DxD (very good ecchi/hentai granted) 9k in the Summer

 

Love Lab and Kimi no Iru Machi(meh anime adaptoin) sold 2X Uchoten Kazoku

 

 

I'm posting these because I think that few of us(even me) truly realize just how formulaic the industry is. And why TF moe and all that schiit is selling.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge