Just Audio uHA-120 added to the first post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 4post #46 of 2832/8/12 at 6:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 2832/9/12 at 10:26am
Good stuff, and your impressions are very close to mine in my 2011 review of the 120. I believe Justin addressed the channel imbalance/loudness issues with the second revision of the amp - ironically, the extra cost Vishay pot was part of the problem. I also consider the 120 to be a neutral, transparent amp but there are at least two Head-Fiers who describe the sound sig as 'euphonic', at least in comparison to the Objective2. Beats me.post #48 of 2832/9/12 at 9:49pmThread Starter
Glad to hear that your impressions match mine. Justin did send me the amp quite a while ago and said he now uses better matched parts, so hopefully it is true that the volume pot issues are gone. The amp is very nice! And maybe the DAC is euphoric and the uHA allows that to show through and the O2 doesn't?post #49 of 2832/10/12 at 6:43am
Thanks for your reviews,I have been searched a amp for my portable gears for a long while.
I'm considering between iQube v1 and ADL CRUISE now,they both are good amps in my opinion,
And really,the CRUISE is the most special design I ever saw before.post #50 of 2832/10/12 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #51 of 2832/13/12 at 4:41am
I am looking for a travel amp to use with my HD-650's, iPad and Zen PMP. Battery life is important. I noticed the Cruise calls for the source headphone jack as the input. I thought an iPad 30 pin was preferred. I have been lookng mainly at the E11 and the Cruise. Now I see more options. Please ad use your thoughts.
THank youpost #52 of 2832/13/12 at 6:54amThread Starter
Yes, the line out is better than the HPO and the Cruise works fine from a line out. Unfortunately I can't compare the E11 with the Cruise, but the works well with full sized headphones. The brighter, punchier presentation of the Cruise is a good match for my darker, thicker headphones, so again I think the Cruise would match well with the HD650. As far as driving power, the Cruise is on the higher end of the spectrum for loudness with great quality.post #53 of 2832/13/12 at 6:36pmpost #54 of 2832/13/12 at 8:40pmThread Starterpost #55 of 2832/16/12 at 7:24am
Wonderful thread. I hope this eventually grows into something on the scale of Joker's IEM comparison list - we need our experts to give us advice that can become truly useful, in addition to the fun and entertaining aspects of it all. Bravo!post #56 of 2832/16/12 at 10:57pmThread Starterpost #57 of 2832/17/12 at 3:17amWhat a great set of reviews - thank you very much for an excellent job!
So glad that I came across this since I'm looking to buy my first amp, and this is just the sort of explanation that's really helpful to a newbie like me!post #58 of 2832/17/12 at 7:04ampost #59 of 2832/18/12 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Thank you both. I am trying to give the whole picture and be different than others. I hope to add more amps in the future as time permits, including more amps in the lower price range.post #60 of 2832/26/12 at 2:04amQuote:The (Arrow) G4 has more resolution and is closer to the performance of the Pico Slim and Stepdance and I am looking forward to hearing the G4 when it is ready.
Just received my Arrow 4G and am very impressed. I've used the 1G for quite some time and have used/tried other amps while waiting for the 4G to go into production. The new 4G is a great amp with noticeable improvements in clarity and definition. With the addition of the treble switch it's become even more versatile/adjustable.
I agree that it's now much closer in SQ to the Slim but with a much wider range of headphone compatibility.
PS: I enjoy your impressions and look forward to more.
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 42 seconds ago
- › Vinshine Audio DAC R2R-REF w/ soekris 43 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 45 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Rank the Headphones that You Own. 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 2 minutes ago
- › Shanling M1: An iPod Nano Competitor / DAP || USB DAC || USB... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › UITaudio PMP-353P by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear