Just Audio uHA-120 added to the first post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Nobody said HiFi was cheap, spending $200 dollars on HiFi doesn't get you very far these days. The AudioQuest DragonFly RED is one of those rare exceptions, I think it's the best value on the...
Preamble: A group of engineers and designers has worked as OEM developers and producers for audio products, acting in the background, until 2012, when they decided to found a...
EDIFIER M710 On-ear headphones This is the third Edifier headphones I review and it conclude a very pleasant travel in Edifier Sound world. I discover that a brand mostly know for his...
I would like to Thank Venture Electronics (VE) and Lee @zhibli06 for providing me with review samples of Monk+, Asura 2.0, and Zen 2.0 in exchange for my honest opinion. The manufacturer...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 4post #46 of 2822/8/12 at 6:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 2822/9/12 at 10:26am
Good stuff, and your impressions are very close to mine in my 2011 review of the 120. I believe Justin addressed the channel imbalance/loudness issues with the second revision of the amp - ironically, the extra cost Vishay pot was part of the problem. I also consider the 120 to be a neutral, transparent amp but there are at least two Head-Fiers who describe the sound sig as 'euphonic', at least in comparison to the Objective2. Beats me.post #48 of 2822/9/12 at 9:49pmThread Starter
Glad to hear that your impressions match mine. Justin did send me the amp quite a while ago and said he now uses better matched parts, so hopefully it is true that the volume pot issues are gone. The amp is very nice! And maybe the DAC is euphoric and the uHA allows that to show through and the O2 doesn't?post #49 of 2822/10/12 at 6:43am
Thanks for your reviews,I have been searched a amp for my portable gears for a long while.
I'm considering between iQube v1 and ADL CRUISE now,they both are good amps in my opinion,
And really,the CRUISE is the most special design I ever saw before.post #50 of 2822/10/12 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #51 of 2822/13/12 at 4:41am
I am looking for a travel amp to use with my HD-650's, iPad and Zen PMP. Battery life is important. I noticed the Cruise calls for the source headphone jack as the input. I thought an iPad 30 pin was preferred. I have been lookng mainly at the E11 and the Cruise. Now I see more options. Please ad use your thoughts.
THank youpost #52 of 2822/13/12 at 6:54amThread Starter
Yes, the line out is better than the HPO and the Cruise works fine from a line out. Unfortunately I can't compare the E11 with the Cruise, but the works well with full sized headphones. The brighter, punchier presentation of the Cruise is a good match for my darker, thicker headphones, so again I think the Cruise would match well with the HD650. As far as driving power, the Cruise is on the higher end of the spectrum for loudness with great quality.post #53 of 2822/13/12 at 6:36pmpost #54 of 2822/13/12 at 8:40pmThread Starterpost #55 of 2822/16/12 at 7:24am
Wonderful thread. I hope this eventually grows into something on the scale of Joker's IEM comparison list - we need our experts to give us advice that can become truly useful, in addition to the fun and entertaining aspects of it all. Bravo!post #56 of 2822/16/12 at 10:57pmThread Starterpost #57 of 2822/17/12 at 3:17amWhat a great set of reviews - thank you very much for an excellent job!
So glad that I came across this since I'm looking to buy my first amp, and this is just the sort of explanation that's really helpful to a newbie like me!post #58 of 2822/17/12 at 7:04ampost #59 of 2822/18/12 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Thank you both. I am trying to give the whole picture and be different than others. I hope to add more amps in the future as time permits, including more amps in the lower price range.post #60 of 2822/26/12 at 2:04amQuote:The (Arrow) G4 has more resolution and is closer to the performance of the Pico Slim and Stepdance and I am looking forward to hearing the G4 when it is ready.
Just received my Arrow 4G and am very impressed. I've used the 1G for quite some time and have used/tried other amps while waiting for the 4G to go into production. The new 4G is a great amp with noticeable improvements in clarity and definition. With the addition of the treble switch it's become even more versatile/adjustable.
I agree that it's now much closer in SQ to the Slim but with a much wider range of headphone compatibility.
PS: I enjoy your impressions and look forward to more.
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Portland - Oregon Head-Fi Meet, May 7th 9:30am - 3:30 pm Mt Scott... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › The Best IEM's for Bass are...... (Basshead IEM's) 3 minutes ago
- › FS: Heed Canamp $225 Shipped OBO (not looking for trades) 4 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by HiFiChris
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › HIFIMAN Edition X Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphones by kendetamas
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by twister6
- › Tingo TC200 Earbuds by zhouharvey
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by WonWesleyChoi
- › AKG K712 Pro by WonWesleyChoi
- › Meze 99 Classics by FUYU
- › Zorloo ZuperDAC by Zelda
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse