Just Audio uHA-120 added to the first post.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 4post #46 of 2772/8/12 at 6:42amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #47 of 2772/9/12 at 10:26am
Good stuff, and your impressions are very close to mine in my 2011 review of the 120. I believe Justin addressed the channel imbalance/loudness issues with the second revision of the amp - ironically, the extra cost Vishay pot was part of the problem. I also consider the 120 to be a neutral, transparent amp but there are at least two Head-Fiers who describe the sound sig as 'euphonic', at least in comparison to the Objective2. Beats me.post #48 of 2772/9/12 at 9:49pmThread Starter
Glad to hear that your impressions match mine. Justin did send me the amp quite a while ago and said he now uses better matched parts, so hopefully it is true that the volume pot issues are gone. The amp is very nice! And maybe the DAC is euphoric and the uHA allows that to show through and the O2 doesn't?post #49 of 2772/10/12 at 6:43am
Thanks for your reviews,I have been searched a amp for my portable gears for a long while.
I'm considering between iQube v1 and ADL CRUISE now,they both are good amps in my opinion,
And really,the CRUISE is the most special design I ever saw before.post #50 of 2772/10/12 at 9:34pmThread Starterpost #51 of 2772/13/12 at 4:41am
I am looking for a travel amp to use with my HD-650's, iPad and Zen PMP. Battery life is important. I noticed the Cruise calls for the source headphone jack as the input. I thought an iPad 30 pin was preferred. I have been lookng mainly at the E11 and the Cruise. Now I see more options. Please ad use your thoughts.
THank youpost #52 of 2772/13/12 at 6:54amThread Starter
Yes, the line out is better than the HPO and the Cruise works fine from a line out. Unfortunately I can't compare the E11 with the Cruise, but the works well with full sized headphones. The brighter, punchier presentation of the Cruise is a good match for my darker, thicker headphones, so again I think the Cruise would match well with the HD650. As far as driving power, the Cruise is on the higher end of the spectrum for loudness with great quality.post #53 of 2772/13/12 at 6:36pmpost #54 of 2772/13/12 at 8:40pmThread Starterpost #55 of 2772/16/12 at 7:24am
Wonderful thread. I hope this eventually grows into something on the scale of Joker's IEM comparison list - we need our experts to give us advice that can become truly useful, in addition to the fun and entertaining aspects of it all. Bravo!post #56 of 2772/16/12 at 10:57pmThread Starterpost #57 of 2772/17/12 at 3:17amWhat a great set of reviews - thank you very much for an excellent job!
So glad that I came across this since I'm looking to buy my first amp, and this is just the sort of explanation that's really helpful to a newbie like me!post #58 of 2772/17/12 at 7:04ampost #59 of 2772/18/12 at 8:07amThread StarterQuote:Quote:
Thank you both. I am trying to give the whole picture and be different than others. I hope to add more amps in the future as time permits, including more amps in the lower price range.post #60 of 2772/26/12 at 2:04amQuote:The (Arrow) G4 has more resolution and is closer to the performance of the Pico Slim and Stepdance and I am looking forward to hearing the G4 when it is ready.
Just received my Arrow 4G and am very impressed. I've used the 1G for quite some time and have used/tried other amps while waiting for the 4G to go into production. The new 4G is a great amp with noticeable improvements in clarity and definition. With the addition of the treble switch it's become even more versatile/adjustable.
I agree that it's now much closer in SQ to the Slim but with a much wider range of headphone compatibility.
PS: I enjoy your impressions and look forward to more.
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Germanium's Sound blaster ZXR mod thread 1 minute ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 1 minute ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: Alessandro MS2 3 minutes ago
- › How to hook up my speakers to my receiver? (with amp and switch).... 3 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 7 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 7 minutes ago
- › 2 days in Tokyo - looking for HighEnd HiFi shops 7 minutes ago
- › IEM recommandation for mobile use 7 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)