- 6,666 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 12/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
This review was copy pasted from the Sound Blaster X7 thread with minor edits to make it appeal to broader audience. Intro First of all, I would really like to thank Andrew Sparks, the man...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 17post #241 of 2828/27/13 at 1:27amAre you going to review the quickstep in the future?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 2828/27/13 at 4:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you are referring to the non-freqphase JH16, the 801 is an excellent match with the GAME card. While the Portaphile 627 does improve the sound, the change isn't as dramatic as with some other CIEMs. Of course, how much the changes are worth is subjective, so I can't answer if adding the amp is worth the cost for you, but it isn't a combo I would necessarily recommend unless the 627 will be used with other CIEMs/headphones.
I have the "early" JH16s. I guess those are the non-fregphase ones and yes, the 627 would be used with them exclusively as I don't own, and don't plan to own any other CIEMs for a while. Thanks Joe. I truly appreciate your opinion.post #243 of 2828/27/13 at 10:21pmThread Starter
Hopefully, but I have a large backlog I am working through before I take on anything else.Quote:
No problem, happy to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.post #244 of 2828/27/13 at 11:50pmpost #245 of 2828/28/13 at 12:52amQuote:
Hey average_joe, do you have any plans on ever reviewing some japanese amps such as the wagnus epsilon s?post #246 of 2828/28/13 at 1:15ampost #247 of 2828/28/13 at 1:21ampost #248 of 2828/28/13 at 8:42am
That would be a bit impractical as many who own it say it is useless with iems due to severe hiss :/post #249 of 2828/28/13 at 9:18amQuote:
I heard the Mass KoBo 385 designer want launching amp special for iems ?post #250 of 2828/28/13 at 1:39pmpost #251 of 2828/29/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
Your welcome! I am nearing completion of a CIEM review that has been a very long time coming. I will be glad to finally have it done, and once I get through 3 more CIEM reviews, I will have time for more amps (after a few cables, of course ;)).Quote:
Not at the moment. I do have several sources that I am toying with...
See above :)post #252 of 28211/28/13 at 5:03pm
Would be interesting to see these reviewed. They will be popular.
FiiO E18 Kunlun http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E18-KUNLUN-Android-Phone/dp/B00GCDJBMM (shipping now)
Leckerton UHA760 http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/uha760 (ships December 11)
Sony NWZ-ZX1 http://www.whathifi.com/news/sonys-flagship-high-res-walkman-revealed (ships December 7 according to http://pricejapan.com/)post #253 of 28212/1/13 at 11:32pmThread Starterpost #254 of 28212/8/13 at 7:04am
Hi there, this is a great review thread... could someone give me some advice? I am wondering if the Leckerton UHA 6S MKII would have enough power to drive the latest version of Mad Dogs? I actually need a portable DAC/amp combo that supports playback from my macbook air and my HTC One X via USB OTG. I will also be using my Shure SE215 IEMs with this setup. My budget is around $250-300. Thanks so much in advanced.post #255 of 28212/10/13 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by vermilions
Hi there, this is a great review thread... could someone give me some advice? I am wondering if the Leckerton UHA 6S MKII would have enough power to drive the latest version of Mad Dogs? I actually need a portable DAC/amp combo that supports playback from my macbook air and my HTC One X via USB OTG. I will also be using my Shure SE215 IEMs with this setup. My budget is around $250-300. Thanks so much in advanced.
Not sure if I looked up the correct specs for your phones, but I think they're ~50 ohm impedance. My UHA-6SmkII can almost drive my DT990's which are 600 ohms, so I would think your Mad Dogs would do fine. (To be clear, I am able to listen to the DT990's out of this amp, I just can't push them to ear splitting volumes like I could with my Fiio E7/E9 combo.)
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 37 seconds ago
- › XMOS XU208 USB BRIDGES - THE LATEST GEN HAS ARRIVED! 1 minute ago
- › any comfortable good quality on-ear headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up (Update: April 17th, 2016) 2 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 4 minutes ago
- › DSD256 Downsampling issues! 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Cleer BT Bluetooth Wireless Headphone by moedawg140
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...