- 4,631 Posts. Joined 1/2010
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 1/22/15
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 17post #241 of 2798/27/13 at 1:27amAre you going to review the quickstep in the future?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #242 of 2798/27/13 at 4:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If you are referring to the non-freqphase JH16, the 801 is an excellent match with the GAME card. While the Portaphile 627 does improve the sound, the change isn't as dramatic as with some other CIEMs. Of course, how much the changes are worth is subjective, so I can't answer if adding the amp is worth the cost for you, but it isn't a combo I would necessarily recommend unless the 627 will be used with other CIEMs/headphones.
I have the "early" JH16s. I guess those are the non-fregphase ones and yes, the 627 would be used with them exclusively as I don't own, and don't plan to own any other CIEMs for a while. Thanks Joe. I truly appreciate your opinion.post #243 of 2798/27/13 at 10:21pmThread Starter
Hopefully, but I have a large backlog I am working through before I take on anything else.Quote:
No problem, happy to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.post #244 of 2798/27/13 at 11:50pmpost #245 of 2798/28/13 at 12:52amQuote:
Hey average_joe, do you have any plans on ever reviewing some japanese amps such as the wagnus epsilon s?post #246 of 2798/28/13 at 1:15ampost #247 of 2798/28/13 at 1:21ampost #248 of 2798/28/13 at 8:42am
That would be a bit impractical as many who own it say it is useless with iems due to severe hiss :/post #249 of 2798/28/13 at 9:18amQuote:
I heard the Mass KoBo 385 designer want launching amp special for iems ?post #250 of 2798/28/13 at 1:39pmpost #251 of 2798/29/13 at 9:56pmThread StarterQuote:
Your welcome! I am nearing completion of a CIEM review that has been a very long time coming. I will be glad to finally have it done, and once I get through 3 more CIEM reviews, I will have time for more amps (after a few cables, of course ;)).Quote:
Not at the moment. I do have several sources that I am toying with...
See above :)post #252 of 27911/28/13 at 5:03pm
Would be interesting to see these reviewed. They will be popular.
FiiO E18 Kunlun http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-E18-KUNLUN-Android-Phone/dp/B00GCDJBMM (shipping now)
Leckerton UHA760 http://www.leckertonaudio.com/products/uha760 (ships December 11)
Sony NWZ-ZX1 http://www.whathifi.com/news/sonys-flagship-high-res-walkman-revealed (ships December 7 according to http://pricejapan.com/)post #253 of 27912/1/13 at 11:32pmThread Starterpost #254 of 27912/8/13 at 7:04am
Hi there, this is a great review thread... could someone give me some advice? I am wondering if the Leckerton UHA 6S MKII would have enough power to drive the latest version of Mad Dogs? I actually need a portable DAC/amp combo that supports playback from my macbook air and my HTC One X via USB OTG. I will also be using my Shure SE215 IEMs with this setup. My budget is around $250-300. Thanks so much in advanced.post #255 of 27912/10/13 at 9:35amQuote:Originally Posted by vermilions
Hi there, this is a great review thread... could someone give me some advice? I am wondering if the Leckerton UHA 6S MKII would have enough power to drive the latest version of Mad Dogs? I actually need a portable DAC/amp combo that supports playback from my macbook air and my HTC One X via USB OTG. I will also be using my Shure SE215 IEMs with this setup. My budget is around $250-300. Thanks so much in advanced.
Not sure if I looked up the correct specs for your phones, but I think they're ~50 ohm impedance. My UHA-6SmkII can almost drive my DT990's which are 600 ohms, so I would think your Mad Dogs would do fine. (To be clear, I am able to listen to the DT990's out of this amp, I just can't push them to ear splitting volumes like I could with my Fiio E7/E9 combo.)
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 43 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 47 seconds ago
- › Measurements of 6 Sennheiser Headphones Starting With HE90 / HEV90 1 minute ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Headset for $70 (max) 1 minute ago
- › Headamp GS-1 2 minutes ago
- › looking for a less defects reveling headphone : possible ??? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Testing the claim: "I can hear differences between lossless formats." 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3