When I was playing around with it they insisted I used their iPod. But I guess it's all okay. I saw it the first weekend it was announced. Maybe things have changed.
Recent Images In This Thread
- brandAuzentechtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productAuzentech i.Fuzen HP-1 headphone amp & battery case for iPhone 4tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productEpiphany Acoustics EHP-O2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productFurutech - Cruise - Portable Headphone Amplifiertagged by System, 6/22/12
- productHeadAmp pico Slim Portable Amptagged by System, 1/6/12
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HEtagged by System, 1/6/12
- productHeadstage Arrow 12HE 4Gtagged by System, 6/22/12
- productMeier Audio Stepdancetagged by System, 1/6/12
- productNeco Soundlab V3 dual amptagged by System, 6/22/12More
- categoryPortable Ampstagged by System, 1/6/12
- productPortaphile 627 Amptagged by System, 6/22/12
- productQables iQube V2tagged by System, 6/22/12
- productShonyun 306 portable amptagged by System, 3/1/13
Related Forum Threads
- Upgrade From E11 For JH-16 Last post on 7/17/13 at 9:04pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- as of 3/1/11, which portable amp would you go with? Last post on 3/6/11 at 7:47am in Portable Headphone Amps
- Best Amp (under $500) for westone 4R? Last post on 1/8/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Noob's not-so-quick comparison: RSA Predator, Pico Slim, Arrow 4G, Leckerton Audio UHA-6S Last post on 9/18/13 at 9:42pm in Portable Headphone Amps
- Amp for Earsonics SM3, Otofon EQ&, Sony EX1000 Last post on 6/20/12 at 4:48pm in Portable Headphone Amps
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
Last edited: 7/30/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I bought these to replace my dead Klipsch Image S2-ii after reading many reviews, because I wanted to try something else in the 60-70$ price range for use with my Sansa Clip Zip, and was very...
A big thanks to Drew and every one at Moon Audio, they handled the sale of this new unit to me and...
Brainwavz S0 Full Disclosure: Brainwavz supplied the S0 for this review It seems Brainwavz has been cranking out the new releases in their IEM line up of late. This time they’ve entered the...
TL;DR Review of the AKG Q701’s Accentuated Mids: Enhances most female vocals, also forwards vocals, “livens” synthesizers in electronic music. Can cause vocals to sound uneven due to the 2khz...
Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added) - Page 14post #196 of 27911/26/12 at 4:43am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #197 of 27911/27/12 at 6:39amQuote:
Leckerton UHA-6S MKII
Meets almost all of your requirements but I don't use IEMs so... not sure how it performs there...post #198 of 27911/27/12 at 9:42pmThread StarterQuote:
OK, that seems odd, but if they are telling you that, what can you do?Quote:
I have heard many good things about the UHA-6S, but haven't heard one.post #199 of 27911/27/12 at 10:31pmpost #200 of 27911/28/12 at 5:44am
I may just be in the minority. I literally heard the PRM's test box the weekend they announced it at the NYC Meet up. They very well could have just started to get used to doing the process so they hadnt fully experienced the types of audiophiles one finds on Head-Fipost #201 of 27912/9/12 at 1:01am
I got the i.Fuzen thanks to Joe's review, and my reluctance to carry a separate portable amp! It does wonders with my ER4, I can't wait to try out the combo vs HPO from my iPhone 4 when my Heir 4.A gets in.post #202 of 2792/15/13 at 12:29ampost #203 of 2792/15/13 at 8:46pmThread StarterQuote:
Great to hear. How is it performing for you after you have had some time to spend with it?Quote:
Nice, that was the #1 issue most people had with the 627.post #204 of 2792/18/13 at 12:06am
Here is some update about the new 627 named 627X
=-=-Quote:No 3d rendering or specifications until I’m done with the final design. But, Output impedance should be similar to the current 627 which I measured to have an output impedance of .09 using a 10 ohm load and .7 using a 322 ohm load. I do have a prototype in the case I plan on using. No faceplates yet as I still need to make a few adjustments to accommodate the new potentiometer. Here’s the latest amplifier board with the new potentiometer but it’s not positioned correctly yet. Current Portaphile 627 on bottom, 627X in the middle and the HM-801 on top for size comparison.
My only concern is the thickness, it is definitely makes it a transportable size. It will just be too thick for folks who like to carry idevices DAC. Can we still compare it against smaller size amps? I think its size and price will place it directly against desktop amp.post #205 of 2792/18/13 at 1:02am
If it were the same size I would consider getting the 627X but I'll stick with my 627. As of right now the 627 fits perfectly with an iPhone inside a ALO pouch. And for my lifestyle, 3-4 hours of listening between charges is usually more time than I can realistically allot. However, even at the larger size, it has a small footprint on a desk or for travel. The sound coming from the 627 competes with standalone amps at the $500 price range and is priced accordingly so.
EDIT: New potientiometer, I might have to try this new 627XQuote:Originally Posted by audionewbi
Here is some update about the new 627 named 627X
My only concern is the thickness, it is definitely makes it a transportable size. It will just be too thick for folks who like to carry idevices DAC. Can we still compare it against smaller size amps? I think its size and price will place it directly against desktop amp.
Edited by WNBC - 2/18/13 at 1:11ampost #206 of 2792/18/13 at 2:20am
Dont get me wrong color me interested for sure however I am just questioning whether it would be fair to compare it against smaller size amp :-D I for one like to see the 627X to have a nice desktop PSU set up with added bonus of "clean power" of battery. I think 627 size is prefect for portability why not make the 627X a desktop amp? I for one would love to have an RCA input in it and as I said a better PSU (maybe a linear PSU)?post #207 of 2792/19/13 at 10:48pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by audionewbi
Dont get me wrong color me interested for sure however I am just questioning whether it would be fair to compare it against smaller size amp :-D I for one like to see the 627X to have a nice desktop PSU set up with added bonus of "clean power" of battery. I think 627 size is prefect for portability why not make the 627X a desktop amp? I for one would love to have an RCA input in it and as I said a better PSU (maybe a linear PSU)?
If the 627X was a desktop amp, it wouldn't need the extra battery that makes it larger! It does make a good desktop amp as is, and adding those features wouldn't be a bad idea. Portaphile needs to work with Apple on better battery technology...longer run time with a smaller box.post #208 of 2792/19/13 at 11:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by average_joe
If the 627X was a desktop amp, it wouldn't need the extra battery that makes it larger! It does make a good desktop amp as is, and adding those features wouldn't be a bad idea. Portaphile needs to work with Apple on better battery technology...longer run time with a smaller box.
It seems like the case is finalized, it will be the one I have posted its picture of. At it current stage it will definitely make it transportable size. I am a big believer in clean energy. Where I live the electrical wires are not that new and from time to time i hear a nice audible buzzing sound. This is the major reason why I do not own a desktop amp. Having battery inbuilt for clean power will eliminate those noises.
Not everyone has that problem but it is always good to have inbuilt batteries.post #209 of 2793/10/13 at 9:22am
Does anyone know a portable amp that has a good synergy with the CK100. My current sources seem to have a bad synergy with it, vocals sound nasal and strident. I'll be pairing it with the Sony Z-1070. Preferable something small. Budget is around $100-$300.
Thanks.post #210 of 2793/10/13 at 5:38pmQuote:
I have the CK100pro and it does not any amping. I use it with my ODAC (yes just the DAC lineout) and it gets loud plenty enough.
You can always try to look for a second hand O2 or the new C5 which are both 189 USD new.
- Multi-Portable Amp Thread: 16 amps reviewed (Leckerton UHA-6S MKII added)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Diy Beginners Guide
- › Yamaha EPH-M200 and EPH-M100 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads & general... 3 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones recommendation for $220 or less 4 minutes ago
- › Narmoo's NEW S1 Dual dynamic supremus! 5 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Crowd-Designed! Phase 3: iCLUB members wanted to test... 6 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 102 iE In-Ear Headphones (Silver) by MenacingTuba
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by Mshenay
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by shotgunshane
- › AKG Q701 Premium Class Reference Headphones, Quincy Jones Signature... by Nec3
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by CasperBxl
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by Currawong
- › Alessandro MS1i by Mshenay
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by ringofoaksmusic
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by AManAnd88Keys
- › Dunu DN-1000 by chupacabra314
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)