Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Ultrasone Edition 10 or Audez'e LCD3
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ultrasone Edition 10 or Audez'e LCD3 - Page 2

post #16 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by googleli View Post

I own both. Get the LCD3.



Both ? You mean the LCD 3 and the Ultrasone ED10

post #17 of 93

other than to say RUN do not walk away from thoughts of Ultrasone 10s or 8s for that matter as well the AT W3000s (if you can find them) would get my first nod followed very closely by the LCD3s.

post #18 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post

other than to say RUN do not walk away from thoughts of Ultrasone 10s or 8s for that matter as well the AT W3000s (if you can find them) would get my first nod followed very closely by the LCD3s.



What do you mean by RUN ? smily_headphones1.gif

 

ATW3000 : http://www.head-fi.org/t/575725/new-flagship-from-audio-technica-ath-w3000anv-50th-anniversary-headphones


Edited by quantx - 12/17/11 at 9:28am
post #19 of 93

Yes.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantx View Post



Both ? You mean the LCD 3 and the Ultrasone ED10



 

post #20 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by googleli View Post

Yes.

 



 


Your take on ED 10 ? What kind of music ?

 

post #21 of 93

The ED10 is good on very limited genres of music. I don't think the ED10 is as bad as Tyll's impression was in his video, but for some kinds of music, it is indeed ear piercing - one of them, Jazz. Trust me, you won't want to listen to any trumpet or cymbal heavy tracks on the ED10, ever.  Female vocal is also a no, due to the sibilance, and pop or rock music also sound bad mostly on the ED10 since they tend to have quite a bit of cymbals.

 

Genres which I think the ED10 excelled better than the LCD2 (and possibly the 3 - I haven't compared the ED10 against the 3, and probably never will, since I have the SR009 for those genres anyway), are male vocal (non-pop, like Nat King Cole and possibly Armstrong in tracks without his trumpet) and classical, best with string quartetts and orchestral music. Where the problem doesn't appear, the ED10 does sound like a dream, quite a bit better than the LCD2 I'd say, but those cases are too rare. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantx View Post


Your take on ED 10 ? What kind of music ?

 



 


Edited by googleli - 12/17/11 at 10:47am
post #22 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by googleli View Post

The ED10 is good on very limited genres of music. I don't think the ED10 is as bad as Tyll's impression was in his video, but for some kinds of music, it is indeed ear piercing - one of them, Jazz. Trust me, you won't want to listen to any trumpet or cymbal heavy tracks on the ED10, ever.  Female vocal is also a no, due to the sibilance, and pop or rock music also sound bad mostly on the ED10 since they tend to have quite a bit of cymbals.

 

Genres which I think the ED10 excelled better than the LCD2 (and possibly the 3 - I haven't compared the ED10 against the 3, and probably never will, since I have the SR009 for those genres anyway), are male vocal (Nat King Cole) and classical, best with string quartetts and orchestral music. Where the problem doesn't appear, the ED10 does sound like a dream, quite a bit better than the LCD2 I'd say, but those cases are too rare. 

 



 


So suggestion to retain both LCD 3 for jazz and vocal and ED 10 for orchestral/contemporary is not so foolish.

The new Audiotechnica might be an option too. I always disliked Sennheiser or Beyer so far.

 

post #23 of 93

I'd pay a bit more for the SR-009 to get the best out of orchestral / contemporary. Classical on LCD3 is still a no (comparatively).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantx View Post


So suggestion to retain both LCD 3 for jazz and vocal and ED 10 for orchestral/contemporary is not so foolish.

The new Audiotechnica might be an option too. I always disliked Sennheiser or Beyer so far.

 



 

post #24 of 93
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by googleli View Post

I'd pay a bit more for the SR-009 to get the best out of orchestral / contemporary. Classical on LCD3 is still a no (comparatively).

 



 



Difficulty is you cannot listen to them beforehand.


Edited by quantx - 12/17/11 at 12:07pm
post #25 of 93

ED10 is a ridiculously overpriced (and overdesigned) headphone. I've heard the LCD-2 and ED10 and the latter is just crap compared, and it's twice the price (!). LCD-3 will, of course, be a step up from the LCD-2 so you do the math... 

post #26 of 93


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantx View Post





What do you mean by RUN ? smily_headphones1.gif

 

ATW3000 : http://www.head-fi.org/t/575725/new-flagship-from-audio-technica-ath-w3000anv-50th-anniversary-headphones



 

I mean the ultrasone 10 sound horrible 

post #27 of 93

On most music... Yes... 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp11801 View Post


 



 

I mean the ultrasone 10 sound horrible 



 

post #28 of 93
i must admit I have yet to hear an Ultrasone that I have liked, they just never seem engaging to me.
post #29 of 93

For jazz/classical I think the HD800 is superior.

post #30 of 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmedium View Post

i must admit I have yet to hear an Ultrasone that I have liked, they just never seem engaging to me.


Egg Zachary.

 

No offense to the OP, but this thread is just silly. A Porta Pro slays the ED10.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: High-end Audio Forum
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Summit-Fi (High-End Audio) › High-end Audio Forum › Ultrasone Edition 10 or Audez'e LCD3