Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 61

post #901 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdek View Post


I like the CALs lower end of the spectrum but they lack in the mid range and they aren't really comfortable + they get too hot to wear now in the summer so I planned on selling them. Anyways, I already ordered the Geminis because they were on sale so I was hoping someone can tell me how do they compare sound quality wise. I know I shouldn't be expecting a much better sq than on the CALs, but hopefully it is a tad better and they should be more comfortable.

For the price you pay for the Gemini HSR-1000, your really getting value (audio quality) for your money.

I have $200 headphones, but I can put on the Gemini and not really feel I've down graded (that much).

post #902 of 1922

I just ordered the Takstar HD6000 from Aliexpress, $85.41.

They say it takes 4 days to process and 5-10 days for delivery.

I'll post some kind of review when they arrive.

post #903 of 1922

Great news bigsmile_face.gif

post #904 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edouard View Post

Great news bigsmile_face.gif

+1

 

I'm really looking forward to read more about the HD6000.

post #905 of 1922

Hi,

 

I'm going to be purchasing my first "real" set of headphones and am thinking about picking up a pair of Takstar Hi2050/Technical Pro HPT-990's or Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000's. They will be used primarily for gaming (90%) but very occasionally for movies and music (when I'm traveling; 10%) as well. To be honest, I have some old Sony wraparound IEM's that I could always use for travel too so having the ability to be mobile is not a huge deal. Does anyone know how these perform for computer games? FPS' as well as MOBA's (Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, DotA).

 

Also, how is the isolation on the 2050/HPT-990's? I know that they are open but do they leak so bad that I wouldn't even think about taking them outside of the house? Or would occasional use on the go probably be okay?

 

Finally, these are some of the phone's that they're up against:

 

 Creative Aurvana Live!

- Monoprice 8323
- Sony MDR-ZX700
- Sony MDR-V6
- JVC HARX700
- JVC HARX900
- Panasonic RP-HTF600-S
- Shure SRH440
- Sennheiser HD-280 Pro
- Superlux HD681
Samson SR850
Takstar Hi2050/HPT990
- Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000
 
Can anyone comment on how the Hi2050's compare? Thanks guys.

Edited by BattlePope - 7/25/13 at 2:07pm
post #906 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlePope View Post

Hi,

 

I'm going to be purchasing my first "real" set of headphones and am thinking about picking up a pair of Takstar Hi2050/Technical Pro HPT-990's or Takstar Pro 80/Gemini HSR-1000's. They will be used primarily for gaming (90%) but very occasionally for movies and music (when I'm traveling; 10%) as well. To be honest, I have some old Sony wraparound IEM's that I could always use for travel too so having the ability to be mobile is not a huge deal. Does anyone know how these perform for computer games? FPS' as well as MOBA's (Heroes of Newerth, League of Legends, DotA).

 

Also, how is the isolation on the 2050/HPT-990's? I know that they are open but do they leak so bad that I wouldn't even think about taking them outside of the house? Or would occasional use on the go probably be okay?

The Pro80 (HSR-1000) sound a little better then the Hi2050/HPT-990

And Hi2050/HPT-990 will still leak almost (90%) as much as "open" headphone.

I would think for gaming for hours on end, semi-open (Hi2050) or open headphones would be better.

 

I might suggest get a second (folding) pair of (closed headphones) for traveling

JVC-HA-S400 (or HS-S500).

post #907 of 1922

I think I'm going to just use my old Sony wraparound IEM's for when I travel. Thanks for the information on the Takstar's. Do you know how the Hi2050 and Pro80 stack up against some of the other headphones that I'm looking at in terms of gaming?

post #908 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlePope View Post

I think I'm going to just use my old Sony wraparound IEM's for when I travel. Thanks for the information on the Takstar's. Do you know how the Hi2050 and Pro80 stack up against some of the other headphones that I'm looking at in terms of gaming?

On your list, I doubt there is any headphone that can better the Hi2050, when it comes to surround sound.

(I own five of the headphones on the list, plus the Hi2050 & Pro 80)

post #909 of 1922

I'm gonna grab the HD6000 and HSR-1000. If these are as good as claimed, I'll be more than happy.

 

I also grabbed the Pioneer SEA-1000, Bluedio R+, and Superlux Evo. I'm gonna have myself an old western under $100 headphone shootout. (Bluedio is Bluetooth 4.0 and $120)


Edited by bhazard - 7/29/13 at 8:30am
post #910 of 1922

$85 for the HD6000 on aliexpress today.

post #911 of 1922

My HD-6000 arrived today (from Aliexpress), not sure if I like them yet or I just need to get use to their sound.

I'm going to give them hours and hours of break in time.

post #912 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

My HD-6000 arrived today (from Aliexpress), not sure if I like them yet or I just need to get use to their sound.

I'm going to give them hours and hours of break in time.

What are some of the differences between the other headsets you've tried/own?

post #913 of 1922
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhazard View Post

What are some of the differences between the other headsets you've tried/own?

I guess I'm not use to the strong bass, I normally use my ATH-A900X headphones for music audio.

Right now I'm listening to Game of Thrones threme

 

The cord is only about three feet long, but the box came with an extension cable.


Edited by PurpleAngel - 7/30/13 at 6:38pm
post #914 of 1922

Can anyone comment how the Pro 80/HSR-1000's are for gaming? I play FPS' (not competitively though), RPG's and MOBA's. They will also be used for music and movies as well (~35-40% of the time).


Edited by hatchinsteelies - 7/31/13 at 12:19pm
post #915 of 1922

The more I use my new HD-6000, the more I'm getting to like the sound.

I wonder if Takstar is trying to offer a headphone like the ATH-M50, but for a lower price?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread