Well it is not my fault that people does not read the whole thread before they ask..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 11/20/12 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral Beyers? Last post on 8/9/10 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to get Takstar hi2050 in the US Last post on 8/29/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Keller1 was referring to brainwash while it actually is brainwavz
just got them
sound better than the hi-2050s, more bass and less harsh on the ears by a bit.
Also the stock earpads are comfy which is surprising.
I recommend these over the hi 2050s, nice box too.
Coiled cord is also nice.
Sound about as good as my old dt-770s
I just ordered a pair of the Pro 80 Gemini version. As much as I like the HI-2050s I couldn't resist. I'm not crazy about the coiled cord but I guess I'll get used to it. Now I really have to sell off some headphone I'm not listening to. They will be here Thursday.
I got my Gemini HSR1000 headphones yesterday. I love their sound, looks and quality. But I got a big surprise with the actual size of the ear pads. The Gemini pads are significantly smaller than the Takstar HI2050 pads. I'm pretty sure I have read all 43 pages of this thread, more than once. I can't remember anyone mentioning this difference. I'm really disappointed about this because I do think they sound a bit better than the 2050's but they don't fit completely around my ears. The Geminis are definitely not as comfortably as the Takstars. Now I'm confused as to what replacement pad to buy. I'd prefer some velours but want to make sure they are large enough. For the record, the inner dimensions of my Gemini pads are 2 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/4. The Takstars measure 2 and 3/4 by 1 and 3/4. Any replacement pad suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry to bring up the subject of pads again but maybe it will help someone else with this problem as well.
I have the Jaycar version so I could try them on the Gemini. I'm surprised they will fit as they appear to be much larger than the Gemini. How about velours? Are the Shures still the best bet? Can anyone give me the inner dimensions on those?
That is a subjective question. Impossible to answer. The best to me might be different to you or to someone else. That said, I love my Takstar HI2050s and my Gemini version of the Pro 80. I think the Pro 80s sound a bit better but the Takstars are more comfortable. I haven't heard the others.
Aren't you happy with your pair of 668Bs or what is up ? If you can't change it, don't worry about it, the 668Bs are a nice pair of headphones so you probably wouldn't become more happy just because you had bought the other headphone... because if you did then you'd probably be asking about the other headphone . Smile and play a good song instead and don't worry.
- The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 11 seconds ago
- › Charlotte, NC meet April 19, 2014 <> meet impressions 1 minute ago
- › New RHA IEMs: The MA750i and MA600i 1 minute ago
- › BOSE QC20 or SHURE SE425 1 minute ago
- › Feature suggestions for X7 flagship DAP 1 minute ago
- › Matrix M-Stage amp review: simple, cheap, and excellent. 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for desktop amp and DAC for Sennheiser HD 600- $900... 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob