Well it is not my fault that people does not read the whole thread before they ask..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- ++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the... Last post on 6/6/13 at 4:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- What "house sound" annoys you the most? Last post on 11/20/12 at 2:03pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Need Some Help! Last post on 8/1/10 at 1:36pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Neutral Beyers? Last post on 8/9/10 at 8:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Where to get Takstar hi2050 in the US Last post on 8/29/13 at 10:34am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 8/19/13
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
Sound Quality Straight out of the box, it sounded great, pretty much like the original CAL!. I’ve done over 100 hours of burn-in. DAC is FiiO E10. As I mentioned in one of the posts, it reminded...
The smallest, toughest, yet great sounding player you can buy. Though that really depends on your luck, but it can be found for as low as 20 euros on eBay, other classifieds, or your local...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > M-Audio Q40. There isn't much I have to add to other...
My audio chain is MP3@320 or FLAC > HiFimeDIY USB Isolator > HiFimeDIY Sabre U2 > Fiio 6" cable > Objective2 w/ 16v 400mA adapter > SR950. The SR950s are fairly detailed headphones possessing a...
The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 43
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think Keller1 was referring to brainwash while it actually is brainwavz
just got them
sound better than the hi-2050s, more bass and less harsh on the ears by a bit.
Also the stock earpads are comfy which is surprising.
I recommend these over the hi 2050s, nice box too.
Coiled cord is also nice.
Sound about as good as my old dt-770s
I just ordered a pair of the Pro 80 Gemini version. As much as I like the HI-2050s I couldn't resist. I'm not crazy about the coiled cord but I guess I'll get used to it. Now I really have to sell off some headphone I'm not listening to. They will be here Thursday.
I got my Gemini HSR1000 headphones yesterday. I love their sound, looks and quality. But I got a big surprise with the actual size of the ear pads. The Gemini pads are significantly smaller than the Takstar HI2050 pads. I'm pretty sure I have read all 43 pages of this thread, more than once. I can't remember anyone mentioning this difference. I'm really disappointed about this because I do think they sound a bit better than the 2050's but they don't fit completely around my ears. The Geminis are definitely not as comfortably as the Takstars. Now I'm confused as to what replacement pad to buy. I'd prefer some velours but want to make sure they are large enough. For the record, the inner dimensions of my Gemini pads are 2 and 1/2 by 1 and 1/4. The Takstars measure 2 and 3/4 by 1 and 3/4. Any replacement pad suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I'm sorry to bring up the subject of pads again but maybe it will help someone else with this problem as well.
I have the Jaycar version so I could try them on the Gemini. I'm surprised they will fit as they appear to be much larger than the Gemini. How about velours? Are the Shures still the best bet? Can anyone give me the inner dimensions on those?
That is a subjective question. Impossible to answer. The best to me might be different to you or to someone else. That said, I love my Takstar HI2050s and my Gemini version of the Pro 80. I think the Pro 80s sound a bit better but the Takstars are more comfortable. I haven't heard the others.
Aren't you happy with your pair of 668Bs or what is up ? If you can't change it, don't worry about it, the 668Bs are a nice pair of headphones so you probably wouldn't become more happy just because you had bought the other headphone... because if you did then you'd probably be asking about the other headphone . Smile and play a good song instead and don't worry.
- The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 10 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 20 seconds ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 22 seconds ago
- › Creative ZxR with external amp or all-in-one system? 30 seconds ago
- › So, I'm looking for that perfect amp... 31 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Mint Fostex TH600 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598: Ugly or Sexy 2 minutes ago
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Skullcandy INK'D Earbuds (Green) by Bassbanger101
- › Q-Audio French Silk Cable by WNBC
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by boombox589
- › Audio-gd Master 9 Preamp & Headphone amp by staalf
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi