Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread - Page 28

post #406 of 1924
Alright, I just purchased a pair of Pro80's on eBay for 80 bucks. I'll give a review when I get them! smily_headphones1.gif
post #407 of 1924

just bought the hi-2050 to replace my gaming headsets, sony pulse elite and g930; 60$ w/ DHL shipping.  I convinced 4 other friends to purchase them too.  Hopefully they won't disappoint.  Besides my Klipsch s4, i've only ever used gaming headsets.  At this point, I will probably be impressed with about anything.  I just have very sensitive ears, can't wear leatherette. Are there any recommendations for some velour ear pads replacement, or are the stocks good enough?  Also, has anyone done a snap cord mod?  Would be great to have a tutorial.


Edited by mythus - 1/4/13 at 11:16pm
post #408 of 1924

Thinking about getting the HI-2050 or Technical Pro HPT 990 and I found that gearclubdirect.com has the Technical Pro HPT 990 for 59.99 w/ free shipping.  Does anybody have experience with them?  Might be nicer to deal with a US company if I need to return them and it is only about 6 dollars more than the aliexpress options.  
 

post #409 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleAngel View Post

The Hi2050 & Pro 80 do not have a cable that detaches from the headphone cups.

(It would be nice if they did).

Oh, my bad. I could have sworn I saw them have one on the pictures..

post #410 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by arecibo View Post

Thinking about getting the HI-2050 or Technical Pro HPT 990 and I found that gearclubdirect.com has the Technical Pro HPT 990 for 59.99 w/ free shipping.  Does anybody have experience with them?  Might be nicer to deal with a US company if I need to return them and it is only about 6 dollars more than the aliexpress options. 

I'm fairly sure your not going to want to return them.

But I would still pay the extra $6 for local shipping, as the headphones would arrive a lot faster.

post #411 of 1924

I bought them here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Takstar-professional-Headphone-Computer-Koolertron/dp/B0062TV73M/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1357378406&sr=1-1 , from China they might be cheaper with free shipping but I was in hurry so delivered within 7 days by DHL and I ended up paying 50 pounds to Czech Republic...

post #412 of 1924

Got Takstar HI2050 today (thanks pro1137) and just using the ELE DAC they sound better then what I had before, and that's even without a burn in.

 

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to buy a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.


Edited by ErOR - 1/6/13 at 5:08pm
post #413 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErOR View Post

Got Takstar HI2050 today (thanks pro1137) and just using the ELE DAC they sound better then what I had before, and that's even without a burn in.

 

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to but a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.

For a few extra dollars, you can get the E11 some spare batteries (BL-5B) and a separate battery recharger.

post #414 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErOR View Post

Got Takstar HI2050 today (thanks pro1137) and just using the ELE DAC they sound better then what I had before, and that's even without a burn in.

 

Just wondering, what amp are people using with these kind of headphones? I was looking at Fiio E11 but I think I will go crazy not being able to use while charging. Anything else is just too expensive, I haven't got the cash to buy a E17, Magni, LittleDot etc.

 

I actually don't normally use an amp with mine. I have the cMoy BB V2.03, but, I find them to work fine without any external amplification.

post #415 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

 

I actually don't normally use an amp with mine. I have the cMoy BB V2.03, but, I find them to work fine without any external amplification.

 

How do they sound with that amp? I would want to get the best out of these headphones.

post #416 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErOR View Post

 

How do they sound with that amp? I would want to get the best out of these headphones.

 

I find the amp gives a bit more sparkle to the highs, and, obviously with the bass boost function, increased bass impact.

 

I would recommend it over the FiiO E11, due to the E11's problem with static noise. 

 

Most say the PA2V2 is the best amp around $60. I haven't heard it myself, though.

post #417 of 1924

I just received my HI2050s. One half album in and I like what I'm hearing. I'll post futher impressions after I give them a bit of a work out. For the record I ordered mine on December 14th so just about 3 weeks.

 

cubdog

post #418 of 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro1137 View Post

 

I find the amp gives a bit more sparkle to the highs, and, obviously with the bass boost function, increased bass impact.

 

I would recommend it over the FiiO E11, due to the E11's problem with static noise. 

 

Most say the PA2V2 is the best amp around $60. I haven't heard it myself, though.

 

Cheers, that's kind of what I was expecting. The PA2V2 looks great and for the price I think I might order it.

post #419 of 1924

For those interested in getting a HI 2050, I went with aliexpress and the company Peaceful Taste E-commerce Co., Ltd.  If you are a new member to aliexpress, you can get a $5 off coupon if you use mastercard (make sure not to sign up before this offer which you can find on the main page).  Peaceful Taste has a $2 off coupon, so those two together brought the final total to about $45.  Not a huge price difference to the HPT 990 on gearclubdirect, but I am patient (and cheap). 

post #420 of 1924

I haven't noticed any static issues with my E11 so far with none of my headhones. (M80, COP, RP-HTX7)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread